Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,337 members, 7,860,832 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:02 PM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 16 (121 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 16 by PastorSomba(m): 7:32pm On Jan 02, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 16

1Timothy 1:8-10 (KJV) "But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

16. The Law Imputes Sin On People: The law was not of faith because it imputed sin on people. Romans 5:13 (KJV) "(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law." 1Corinthians 15:56 (KJV) "The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law." Until the law came God did not account sins unto men. The law was a record keeper of the sins and transgressions of men. Before the law, God who is love kept no record of wrongs of men, men suffered for their sins only according to the natural law of sowing and reaping. When the law came it credited, counted and imputed the sins of men upon them. As a result for the first time men became sinners before God. The law kept and constantly brought before God the record of the sins of men which consistently provoked God's wrath and judgement.

Instead of the longsuffering of the law of sowing and reaping, the law demanded instant judgement and death for all sinners. This was what accounted for the frequent divine wrath and judgement on the Israelites especially in the wilderness. There was no sin the Israelites committed in the wilderness that was new or that is not being committed by other nations of the earth at that time. God did not judge other nations as He did to Israel because the law was given only to Israel. So the law constantly brought the record of the sins of Israel daily before God. If not for His covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the intercession of Moses and the daily blood sacrifices of the levites and priests that appeased God's anger, He would have wiped them out as the law demanded.

Where there is no law there is no sin or transgression. The law instead of bringing righteousness magnified sin, the knowledge of sin and lawlessness. Romans 3:20 (KJV) "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin." The law by increasing the knowledge of sin increased sin. The law increased sin because breaking of one law makes one a breaker of all the laws. Also every attempt of men to be righteous and holy through the law was a step further into sin and sin upon sin. Hence the law made men slaves of sin and unrighteousness but faith makes men servants of righteousness and holiness. While the law made men sinners and unrighteous, faith makes men righteous and holy. Ephesians 4:24 (KJV) "And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness."

While the law imputed sin on men, faith before the law credited men with righteousness and after the law in the new covenant faith now makes men the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. While the law counted and kept record of the sins of men but faith working by love keeps no record of the sins of men but cancels them because of the blood of Jesus. 2Corinthians 5:19, 21 (KJV) "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.......21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." So we see that the law was totally contrary to faith and the love of God. The law was man trying to seek and please God with all his might but faith is God seeking men who will accept and believe His word only just like Abraham. God bless you. Romans 2:4; 6:6-23; 4:15; 7:12-24; 10:1-10; 14:23; 1John 4:8;1Peter 4:8; 1Corinthians 10:1-11; 13:4-8; Genesis 8:22; 15:5-6; Exodus 2:24-25; 32:7-14; 34:27-28; Numbers 12:1-16; 14:1-45; 16:1-50; James 2:10; 1Timothy 1:9-10; Galatians 5:6; Hebrews 11:6;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 21. / Completing The New Testament In A Year(day8). / Joy Unspeakable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.