Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,137 members, 7,860,079 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 21. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 21. (120 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 21. by PastorSomba(m): 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 21.

Romans 7:12-14 (KJV) "Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. 13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin."

21. Even though the law was holy and spiritual, the law could not make people holy because that was not it's purpose. Also even though the law was spiritual the could not make people spiritual because that was not it's purpose. Because the law was not intended to make sinners holy and spiritual therefore the law lacked the power and authority to make any man holy and spiritual. Men did not become unholy and unspiritual because they broke any law. All men in Adam became unholy and spiritually dead because of the unbelief and disobedience of Adam. Adam whom God made the god of this world, by believing and obeying the words of the devil, he made the devil who is unholy and spiritually dead his god and lord. As a result the devil became the god of this world.

But by faith we become spiritually alive again and are recreated a new man in Christ who came as the new and last Adam. All who believe in Him makes Him their Lord and Saviour instead of the devil. As the last Adam, Jesus by His death paid the full prize for the sin of the first Adam. Having done that, He has replaced the first Adam and has legally redeemed all men from the first Adam and from the godship and power of the devil. The devil's power and authority on earth and over men was based on the first Adam. Jesus having legally and officially replaced the first Adam, He has dethroned and destroyed all the power and authority of the devil on earth. All who are in Christ Jesus are now born again both righteous and holy and are no longer under the sin, death and the power of the devil. The law was added by God to show all men that they were sinners and that there is nothing they can do in this world that can ever make them righteous or holy before God or free them from the power of sin, death and the devil. Only hearing the word (Jesus) and believing the word of God or faith in the word of God (Jesus) can make you righteous before God. The Jews missed it because they put holiness ahead of righteousness. Through the law they were trying to be righteous by living very holy and blameless lives. God is first righteous before He is holy. It is His righteousness that makes Him holy. The believer is born first righteous, then holy according to Ephesians 4:24.

The law made men dependent on their works of righteousness instead of depending on the righteousness of God. Under the law people accounted themselves righteous and holy according their measure of obedience to the law instead of faith in the righteousness of God. As holy and blameless as the Pharisees were, when the word of God came to them they rejected it in unbelief. Zachariah who was described as holy and blameless doubted the word but Mary who was but a young virgin, unlearned in the law, who was not described as holy and blameless believed the word of God and pleased God. Even Paul who was also a holy and blameless Pharisee was the chief persecutor of the word of God until Jesus personally appeared to him before he could believe. Meanwhile the publicans, Samaritans and sinners believed the word and secured righteousness freely without works both in the ministry of Jesus and the apostles.

Even though the law was spiritual but it did not and could not minister to the spirits of men. The law only ministered to the flesh and minds of men. The law even though it was spiritual had no power to access or relate with the spirits of men because the spirits of men were dead. So the law could only relate with the minds and flesh of men. So the law being holy and spiritual was making holy and spiritual demands on the flesh and minds of spiritually dead men. Unfortunately they that are in the flesh can never be holy or spiritual. As the bible says Romans 8:3-8 (KJV) "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."

So instead of the law producing spirituality in man it produced sin and magnified the sin nature in man through the flesh. The more man tried through the flesh to serve and please God the more sins he found himself committing. God is a spirit you cannot relate with him or please him or serve him through your mind or your flesh. Every time men tried to serve God with their mind and flesh all their actions will be sinful before God. They that are in the flesh can never please God. God bless you. 1Timothy 1:9-10; Genesis 1:26-28; 3:1-24; Romans 14:23; Hebrews 11:1-40; Romans 3:19-26; 4:13-22; 5:12-21; 7:1-25; 10:1-4,9-10; 16:25-26; Ephesians 1:7,14; 2:1-9; Luke 1:5-38; Galatians 3:16-29; 5:16-26; Acts 9:1-8; 20:28; 1Corinthians 1:25-40; 5:17; 6:20; 7:23; 15:22,45,50,56; 2Corinthians 4:3-4; John 1:12-13; 3:3-8; Colossians 1:13-14; 2:15; Matthew 21:31; Mark 2:15-16;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Learn From Others / Completing The New Testament In A Year (day24) / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 45.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.