Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu (9192 Views)

Tinubu Must Go!! Tinubu Must Go!! Angry Nigerians Protest Over Economic Hardship / If Nigeria ‘separates’, I Have Nowhere To Go – Tinubu / Report VP Osinbajo To Daddy GO - Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Begs Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by Estello: 7:50am On Jan 03, 2023
The front-running presidential candidate under the aegis of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, recently voiced out on the controversial issue of fuel subsidy removal.

Speaking to Freedom Radio from Saudi Arabia where he partook in the Umrah. Tinubu straightened out amongst other things during the interview, issues around his health, his campaign and the pace it is picking up.

Speaking on the need to remove the subsidy, he said, “I will ensure we end the wastage and re-channel the money to the people who truly need it.” He continued that this is not a political position but a commonsensical one, as almost all the candidates are united around it. “We all agreed that the subsidy regime is abused and it favours the rich more than the poor. It has to go.”

The presidential aspirant when asked about the protests that rocked the country over fuel scarcity and the partial removal of oil subsidies, said “I couldn’t have opposed people expressing their own position on this. I believe in consultation and guaranteed by democratic values and norms. I respect opinions of people and I would not be party to stifling dissenting views or any legitimate protest. I am a veteran of protests myself. So why should I say people should not embark on well-intentioned protest? There is no excuse for that and there is no abuse of power intended.”

Clearing the air on his engagement with the media and the people of Nigeria, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu said he has just finished a series of townhall meetings across the country and he continues to engage directly with the people.

When quizzed on his health, the presidential candidate said [b]“I told you where I am now. I just finished performing the the umrah. I did the seven rounds of tawaf, I did the seven trips between safa and Marwa by myself. Can a sick person do that? [/b]That is stale news, my brother. People who are making those insinuations have nothing else to say but lies and rubbish.”

https://lagostoday.com.ng/why-fuel-subsidy-should-go-tinubu/

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by Spactacle(m): 9:10am On Jan 03, 2023
You are among those that brought in this government. You don't have anything to campaign with.
With due respect, you should also follow the subsidy and go

97 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by ghiloman28(m): 9:10am On Jan 03, 2023
BAT is too intelligent. Nigerians needs him more. If you think otherwise take your voters card and go to polling unit and perform your civil right for whom you believed in.

For me I am voting ASIWAJU coz he will definitely bring prosperity to Nigerians at large in all areas.

ASIWAJU omo olodo ide Jagaban borgu

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by corleone21: 9:10am On Jan 03, 2023
But you and your cohorts vehemently resisted the removal when the economy was in a better shape to handle the effect

71 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by iHateFraudsters: 9:11am On Jan 03, 2023
Shameless man.

This same oaf protested during GEJ time because of this same subsidy.

Double faced clown.

97 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by CalabarPikin: 9:11am On Jan 03, 2023
Just follow the subsidy go Sir

Someone who led a protest against the removal of subsidy now using it to campaign.....wow

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by AchichaMmuo: 9:11am On Jan 03, 2023
Would the FG be subsidising petroleum products if our refineries were working optimally. The Business men and the Cabals, have consistently made sure that our local refineries are either not working, or underperforming, and have refused to build more refineries. Out of the 13 Opec members, Nigeria is the ONLY OPEC member country that imports more than 90 to 95% of refined petroleum products to meet our domestic consumption. Why will I buy a litre of fuel 450-500 because the FG/Cabals have failed overtime to do the right thing. Make them leave that subsidy alone.

4 Likes

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by Shetemi12(m): 9:12am On Jan 03, 2023
Incoming President!

A Year Of Renewed Hope 2023

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by Subzeroad: 9:12am On Jan 03, 2023
We are watching
Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by taylor88(m): 9:12am On Jan 03, 2023
Desperate mad man

As if he means well for the common Nigerian

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by Carcholce: 9:12am On Jan 03, 2023
Isn’t this the same thing Buhari said that aided him to presidency?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by nairalee(m): 9:12am On Jan 03, 2023
That's why Buhari must go
That's why APC must go
That's why the regular Nigerian politician must go
That's why we must vote for a progressive mind

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:12am On Jan 03, 2023
The hard battle you fought against Jonathan shown you are one of those destroying the government in the past for your selfish interest. You should have supported Jonathan if you know he is right as you were thinking now but you stood against it

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by LilyColin(f): 9:12am On Jan 03, 2023
This greedy lifeless druggie should rest abeg

7 Likes

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by Creamypie(m): 9:12am On Jan 03, 2023
Idiot. When g.e.j was subsidizing, u and ur fellow ijiots in APC said nothing like subsidy payment and that they were merely eating the budgeted money for subsidy. Now ur apc are in power and fully agree payments were paid by all past government including ur useless APC, while same fuel is now #300 as against #100 saying u will stop the payment. Old thief

17 Likes

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:13am On Jan 03, 2023
This is what they call political statement. Saying to win votes, IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW

He has never advised Buhari to remove it.
In fact he fought someone who wanted to remove it.

8 Likes

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by Adjovi: 9:13am On Jan 03, 2023
Nawa save thing Jonathan wanted to remove that everyone went gaga.

The problem we have in Nigeria is that we play rubbish politics. Politics where the opposition party will try to bring you down even if you're doing the right thing and the citizens will blindly follow.
Nigerians themselves need political orientation. All this subsidy removal na still audio, APC had 8 years and didn't remember to remove it but all of a sudden a certain tinubu of the same apc wants to suddenly remove it. Forget if tinubu wins this election Nigerians mumu will never end grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by PandoraObi: 9:13am On Jan 03, 2023
God bless jagaban the incoming president of the federal republic of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by ipobarecriminals: 9:14am On Jan 03, 2023
H
Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by dydx2020(m): 9:14am On Jan 03, 2023
Ok
Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by thisisit: 9:14am On Jan 03, 2023
The fuel subsidy removal GEJ & NOI saw 10 years ago (2013), blind BAT is just seeing it now.. Belatedly

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by Infeno(m): 9:15am On Jan 03, 2023
When will this old man who refuse to be an elder statesman to the younger generation stop decieving us

14 Likes

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by OgaSeun: 9:15am On Jan 03, 2023
Peter Obi is not fit to lace Seyi Tinubus shoe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by EmmaLege: 9:15am On Jan 03, 2023
undecided
Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by Fuji200: 9:16am On Jan 03, 2023
G
Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by ejimatic: 9:16am On Jan 03, 2023
Estello:

The Battle of February. SW BAT. SE Obi. North Atiku We will see who rules Nigeria soon!
Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by isaaczik: 9:16am On Jan 03, 2023
Wicked man,

Cannot rule us

Wicked man
Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by Impregnable101: 9:16am On Jan 03, 2023
Abeg make somebody ask Mr Pablo why him & his cohorts attached jona because of same subsidy

1 Like

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu by Alexbio: 9:17am On Jan 03, 2023
Estello:

I don't agree with you BAT on this one oooo even though I support your aspiration.
It's a common sense whatsoever government policy that give the rich headache will the give the poor ulcer or death sentence grin grin
It's not the poor class making the law to affect the rich, it's the rich making the law with overriding interest

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria: 2009 Budget Vs 2008 Budget / Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola / Nigerians Lament During The 2017 Xmas Holiday Due To Fuel Scarcity & More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.