Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

The Gear Of My Car Delay Some Seconds Before Working Sometimes - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Gear Of My Car Delay Some Seconds Before Working Sometimes (489 Views)

Maintenance Required Light Blinks For Some Seconds / Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park? - See 6 Important Reasons / Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park(p) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gear Of My Car Delay Some Seconds Before Working Sometimes by Greyowl(m): 10:06am On Jan 03, 2023
I got a Toyota Camry 2010 sometimes last year but I notice the gear delay for few seconds sometimes before working. I took it to a mechanic only to discover that the gear oil was completely dry . I immediately bought a gear oil and it was added but the gear still delay sometimes before it works. The mechanic told me since there is enough oil now that it will stop but It still does that delay for few seconds at time. What can I do because I am scared of gear box been bad.
Re: The Gear Of My Car Delay Some Seconds Before Working Sometimes by Angrygoat: 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2023
Story of mechanic. Buy a new gear tokunbo. If you attempt to repair it. It will end in tears. Mechanic go just chop u taya. Previous owner either didn't monitor the gear oil or gear tube had been leaking since but his mechanic kept choping him and affeccted and damaged some co ponents inside the gear. Anyrhing automatic moves by braiinbox signal. Once it jams or hooks. Say bye bye to thatt gear..so he sold the car aS IS to u. Buy new toks gear and check for gear oil leaks from hose going to radiator .....gear oil in some radiators is one or two . Black medium hose. Checll for leakage..rev the car to 2000rpm and place cardboard under radiator...if it gets stained while u rev gear then that's the culprit. If not. Buy new gear and enjoy.
Re: The Gear Of My Car Delay Some Seconds Before Working Sometimes by kernniejay(m): 7:38pm On Jan 03, 2023
Greyowl:
I got a Toyota Camry 2010 sometimes last year but I notice the gear delay for few seconds sometimes before working. I took it to a mechanic only to discover that the gear oil was completely dry . I immediately bought a gear oil and it was added but the gear still delay sometimes before it works. The mechanic told me since there is enough oil now that it will stop but It still does that delay for few seconds at time. What can I do because I am scared of gear box been bad.
Don't panic. If you have changed the transmission oil to the right specification for that car, give it time, I believe the gear will soon become normal again. However, if you notice that the situation is getting worse rather than improving, take the car for a diagnosis to know what the problem is.
Re: The Gear Of My Car Delay Some Seconds Before Working Sometimes by 9icetoo(m): 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2023
1st, scan the transmission.

2nd, Drain oil, change transmission filter, refill oil.

Do this in a neat environment. If any dirt enters that transmission, then that's the end.

If the issue persists, then it's time to save up for a new transmission..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lexus RX 350 2014 Edition (Tokunbo)For Sale In Abuja / Urgent Golf 3 / Advice On A Vehicle Purchase With #3-4.5M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.