Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

See Why Using Water For Your Car Is Very Dangerous - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See Why Using Water For Your Car Is Very Dangerous (1237 Views)

Differences Between Using Water And Coolant In The Radiator / What Car Is The Most Popular For Women In Nigeria? / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why Using Water For Your Car Is Very Dangerous by onlinediva: 9:55pm On Jan 03, 2023
Growing up, we saw those having or driving cars putting or asking us to help them pour water into the radiator of their cars' engines. The water is meant to prevent the cars' engines from overheating, which could eventually lead to the engines knocking or spoiling. Unfortunately, we see many vehicles by the roadside overheating, and their drivers or owners will have to wait for the cars to cool down, or they'll have to tow them to a nearby mechanic workshop. And we see many car owners and drivers frequently repairing or replacing their cars' engines, not knowing that it was a result of them using water.

But as we grew up, we understood that water is not meant to be poured into the engine's radiators but that coolant, which comes in different colours, should be used. Coolant has various additives which help to prevent the engine of cars from overheating and rusting. Recently, I diagnosed a vehicle which suddenly brought a check engine warning light on its dashboard, and the machine reported that the liquid in the engine wasn't giving the right temperature. As a result, it could cause the car's engine to overheat. After getting the report from the machine, I checked the radiator and found water instead of coolant inside it. Next, I ordered 5 litres of original coolant, which cost me N20,000 or 28$ equivalent, even when some spare parts sellers asked me to buy that of N4,000 or 5$ equivalent. But because I know the importance and functions of coolant in a car's engine, I decided to buy the original one.

I drained all the water in the engine's radiator and replaced the engine's temperature sensor, which the water had already spoilt, after which ...

CONTINUE READING HERE => https://www.autosandcartalk.com/threads/see-why-using-water-for-your-car-is-very-dangerous.705
Re: See Why Using Water For Your Car Is Very Dangerous by onlinediva: 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2023
Take note
Re: See Why Using Water For Your Car Is Very Dangerous by Benz03: 11:03pm On Jan 03, 2023
What brand of car do you repair
Re: See Why Using Water For Your Car Is Very Dangerous by onlinediva: 11:17pm On Jan 03, 2023
Benz03:
What brand of car do you repair

Any brand of Japanese. Ford can also come.
Re: See Why Using Water For Your Car Is Very Dangerous by Benz03: 11:21pm On Jan 03, 2023
onlinediva:

Any brand of Japanese. Ford can also come.
Ok so you don't do benz
Re: See Why Using Water For Your Car Is Very Dangerous by onlinediva: 11:23pm On Jan 03, 2023
Benz03:
Ok so you don't do benz

No

1 Like

Re: See Why Using Water For Your Car Is Very Dangerous by Benz03: 11:31pm On Jan 03, 2023
onlinediva:

No
Hit me for any Benz related deal
Re: See Why Using Water For Your Car Is Very Dangerous by onlinediva: 11:35pm On Jan 03, 2023
Benz03:
Hit me for any Benz related deal

Alright

1 Like

Re: See Why Using Water For Your Car Is Very Dangerous by Benz03: 11:40pm On Jan 03, 2023
onlinediva:

Alright
Thanks in advance
Re: See Why Using Water For Your Car Is Very Dangerous by onlinediva: 11:54pm On Jan 03, 2023
Benz03:
Thanks in advance

You are welcome
Re: See Why Using Water For Your Car Is Very Dangerous by onlinediva: 7:21am On Jan 04, 2023
Take note
Re: See Why Using Water For Your Car Is Very Dangerous by onlinediva: 8:47pm On Jan 07, 2023
Cool
Re: See Why Using Water For Your Car Is Very Dangerous by onlinediva: 7:43am On Jan 09, 2023
Learn
Re: See Why Using Water For Your Car Is Very Dangerous by onlinediva: 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2023
cool

(1) (Reply)

Know Your Car Oil / What Is Colour Lights Are On Disabled Vehicles? / Help Me Oo Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.