Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) (18037 Views)

Which Would You Choose? State Your Reason(s) / Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary / See The Company You Should Never Accept Their Job Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by QuinModah(f): 12:00am On Jan 04, 2023
Happy New Year to You QM,

I have a challenge, I am 35yrs old, graduate, married with a less than a year old child. I have been out of job since December 2021 and it's been extremely tough however, I have been doing menial job from clearing bush, conductor, clearing soak away, painting just to survive

I got a two job offer

Offer A
A club manager with 1.4m its located in Surulere (offer letter has been sent, but a clause in the letter states that it can be terminated "at will" plus flexible working schedule.

Offer B
A manager position with the same pay but I inform them I can do 1.8m, it's located in Ikeja. It's a tech company working days Mondays - Fridays (No offer letter issued yet, but it will come)

At this junction, which should I choose because working in a club is not something that can advance my career factoring in the fact that the age I am currently is more like the peak age in Nigeria Labour market.

Thank you as I await your response.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Pojomojo: 2:21am On Jan 04, 2023
Whatever you do this year, please don't settle!
Consider what it took to get to the point you are now, the hard work, sleepless nights, sacrifices, etc.

Think of how this applies to you in 2023. Before accepting that offer, or saying yes, are you settling or is it taking you on the path to where you want to be?

Alátìíṣe ló n mọ àtíṣe ara rẹ, meaning, take responsibility for your own affairs.

21 Likes

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by IyaTola: 3:20am On Jan 04, 2023
At this junction, you need any job don't be selective. Nigeria is rough right now.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by SHINJA: 6:47am On Jan 04, 2023
Go for the club

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by VTJN(m): 6:51am On Jan 04, 2023
Offer B, provided you'd get the offer letter

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by QuinModah(f): 8:03am On Jan 04, 2023
SHINJA:
Go for the club
State your reason

3 Likes

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by QuinModah(f): 8:04am On Jan 04, 2023
VTJN:
Offer B, provided you'd get the offer letter
Why?
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by SHINJA: 8:06am On Jan 04, 2023
QuinModah:
State your reason

You will make more money there

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by QuinModah(f): 8:07am On Jan 04, 2023
SHINJA:

You will make more money there
How?

3 Likes

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by sofeo(m): 2:13pm On Jan 04, 2023
Alright!
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by sslcrypt: 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2023
Interesting
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by femoomo(m): 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2023
SHINJA:
Go for the club

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by opalu: 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2023
Hmm
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Sonnobax15(m): 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2023
lipsrsealed
An average nigerian shouldn't have an option when it comes to how to put food in his table..... I wonder why this op is finding it difficult to know that.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by udomonday: 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2023
QuinModah:
[/font]
don't go and use at this junction at the company o,so that they will not think that you are still a conductor.

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Taiwo20(m): 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2023
You already know the one you would choose.
I also know the one you would choose.

Hence, no need for any advice.

12 Likes

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by tiswell(m): 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2023
club will give you extra pay than company.

Salaries are never enough!

5 Likes

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by fred94: 2:16pm On Jan 04, 2023
Any one
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by deepwater(f): 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2023
Lol

Na wa for u ooo

U no get sense

U don't have two jobs to pick from.

U only have one offer from the club

U don't have any offer from the company so they shouldn't be an option to u yet.

Take the club offer immediately, terminate them at will when a next higher offer comes by.

Because the club or next offer or your previous job can terminate u at will so terminate any less paying too at will

Isabi4lov:
I will go for B , as for A , it is already stated that you can be fired at any given time , there are many things attached to a club , hope you will be able to give it to them

You self no get sense
Which job no fit fire u at any time ?
Does he have any other option apart from the club ?
Has the company issued him any offer yet ?
Una go just open mouth yaaaaaa

Isabi4lov:
As you wey get sense shebi you for drop your own for her make she pick , abi dem theif your wife

Too true
U o get sense
U no see my own for up?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Isabi4lov: 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2023
I will go for B , as for A , it is already stated that you can be fired at any given time , there are many things attached to a club , hope you will be able to give it to them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by AllDModsAreMaad: 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2023
Make up story.

Abegi, 1.4m/month as in I don't get.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Shikena(m): 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2023
udomonday:
don't go and use at this junction at the company o,so that they will not think that you are still a conductor.
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Ibime(m): 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2023
You better go for the tech company. Club is not a career

4 Likes

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by ecolime(m): 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2023
Go with Offer B
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by seguno2: 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2023
QuinModah:
[/font]

You have answered your question already.

Why go to a job without a secure future
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Connected1: 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2023
Offer B, so long you will get the job.

It has more career benefits and a higher pay too.

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Janesouthall: 2:19pm On Jan 04, 2023
At this junction....a bird in hand is worth 1 million in the Bush....you are waiting for factory employment letter which you believe it will come but not yet...while you have the club employment letter at hand...

Pls op u self judge from the two...

3 Likes

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by oluwaseyi0: 2:19pm On Jan 04, 2023
go for tech company
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by H2ho(m): 2:19pm On Jan 04, 2023
QuinModah, your future lies here..... grin grin

Offer B
A manager position with the same pay but I inform them I can do 1.8m, it's located in Ikeja. It's a tech company working days Mondays - Fridays (No offer letter issued yet, but it will come)
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by house10studios: 2:20pm On Jan 04, 2023
All ur thread are similar.
Seun dey pay una ni?

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Magnumproperty: 2:20pm On Jan 04, 2023
Go for where the mulla is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WAEC Recruitment, June 2015 (http://www.waecheadquartersgh.org) / KCA Deutag: Graduate Operations Engineer 2014 / Apply For The Barclays Africa Graduate Programme 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.