Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,128 members, 7,842,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Why Are Most Hotel Reception TV On Int'l Media Like, CNN BBC, AL JAZEERA ETC - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Most Hotel Reception TV On Int'l Media Like, CNN BBC, AL JAZEERA ETC (432 Views)

Why Do They Spray Water On Int'l Flight On Arrival? / First Presidential Jet Lands At Anambra Int'l Airport (Photos) / Andy Uba Lands His Private Jet At Anambra Int'l Airport: Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Hotel Reception TV On Int'l Media Like, CNN BBC, AL JAZEERA ETC by nkemjacob2(m): 5:35am On Jan 04, 2023
Most of the hotels reception I have visited always put their TV station on CNN. Most of them said is their principle. Except the receptionist tune it to something else illegally. But I began ask what happen to our local station that have good brand. CHANNELS, AIT, TVC etc. If we go outside the country, do they watch our station over there?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Hotel Reception TV On Int'l Media Like, CNN BBC, AL JAZEERA ETC by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 6:37am On Jan 04, 2023
Watching CNN or Aljazeera shows the Hotel is not a local one and has standards & capacity to subscribe for DSTV.

If they're showing you NTA or Channels TV, even you the customer will assume that Hotel is a Local one.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Hotel Reception TV On Int'l Media Like, CNN BBC, AL JAZEERA ETC by silibaba: 7:02am On Jan 04, 2023
nkemjacob2:
Most of the hotels reception I have visited always put their TV station on CNN. Most of them said is their principle. Except the receptionist tune it to something else illegally. But I began ask what happen to our local station that have good brand. CHANNELS, AIT, TVC etc. If we go outside the country, do they watch our station over there?

Naturally, human like lies than hearing the truth.
Re: Why Are Most Hotel Reception TV On Int'l Media Like, CNN BBC, AL JAZEERA ETC by Originalsly: 8:36am On Jan 04, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

Watching CNN or Aljazeera shows the Hotel is not a local one and has standards & capacity to subscribe for DSTV.

If they're showing you NTA or Channels TV, even you the customer will assume that Hotel is a Local one.

Is it only until you get in the reception area and see what channel is on you would assume the hotel is a local one or not? Hmmmm....... in 2023.

@ topic .......colonial mentality. Why would someone not want to know what's going on in the place where he's staying? It makes no sense having CNN on ..... showing what's going on outside of the country. I would want to know what's going on locally.... what's the weather.... is there a big event I may want to attend ... is there a cult clash going on ... makes no sense having CNN on but ..... follow follow be in our DNA.
Re: Why Are Most Hotel Reception TV On Int'l Media Like, CNN BBC, AL JAZEERA ETC by ednut1(m): 8:52am On Jan 04, 2023
Do you know you are more likely to see a breaking news about Nigeria on CNN before local stations.many of those who also use hotels minus those who come there to nack are foreigners, businessmen with global interests, or people from another part of Nigeria. CNN is more likely to appeal to them. If you no like am build your own hotel and put NTA. Shikena

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Hotel Reception TV On Int'l Media Like, CNN BBC, AL JAZEERA ETC by Zealoy(m): 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2023
nkemjacob2:
bros not only in hotel and also banks u only see CCNN on thier TV
Re: Why Are Most Hotel Reception TV On Int'l Media Like, CNN BBC, AL JAZEERA ETC by nkemjacob2(m): 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

u have a point but this could not be a major reason
Re: Why Are Most Hotel Reception TV On Int'l Media Like, CNN BBC, AL JAZEERA ETC by nkemjacob2(m): 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2023
ednut1:
Do you know you are more likely to see a breaking news about Nigeria on CNN before local stations.many of those who also use hotels minus those who come there to nack are foreigners, businessmen with global interests, or people from another part of Nigeria. CNN is more likely to appeal to them. If you no like am build your own hotel and put NTA. Shikena
do your findings properly not this modern age. International stations don't report first u don't watch local stations that's why u have that perception
Re: Why Are Most Hotel Reception TV On Int'l Media Like, CNN BBC, AL JAZEERA ETC by nkemjacob2(m): 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2023
Originalsly:

Is it only until you get in the reception area and see what channel is on you would assume the hotel is a local one or not? Hmmmm....... in 2023.

@ topic .......colonial mentality. Why would someone not want to know what's going on in the place where he's staying? It makes no sense having CNN on ..... showing what's going on outside of the country. I would want to know what's going on locally.... what's the weather.... is there a big event I may want to attend ... is there a cult clash going on ... makes no sense having CNN on but ..... follow follow be in our DNA.
my dear friend with these sort of comments sometimes I don't blame the white man racial abuse cos we Africans don't believe in ourselves.

(1) (Reply)

Bride Surprised With Canadian Permanent Resident Card On Wedding Day By Nigerian / Nigerians in the UK, How Did You Adapt To Right Hand Driving ? / Planning To Move To Canada As A Digital Marketing (please Advice)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.