Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

.... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / .... (1395 Views)

Why Do People Travel To Their Village For Xmas / Is Palm-oil (et.al) allowed inside Checked Bag by Custom Officials @ MMA; Lagos? / Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.... by modath(f): 10:26am On Sep 03, 2011
How do I get to birmingham from abuja(last week of Oct) without breaking the bank(150k max)Emirates is charging 220 and its just Lagos route. BA does not go to Birmingham direct but the economy I saw for that period to heathrow is €499,but am trying to avoid the coach travel,saw Lufthansa (170k)on wakanow site but couldn't find it on the airline site when I checked myself.
Dear frequent flyers,please enlighten me on the best way to go about this. thx in anticipation!!
Re: .... by Vicjustice: 10:51am On Sep 03, 2011
modath:

How do I get to birmingham from abuja(last week of Oct) without breaking the bank(150k max)Emirates is charging 220 and its just Lagos route. BA does not go to Birmingham direct but the economy I saw for that period to heathrow is €499,but am trying to avoid the coach travel,saw Lufthansa (170k)on wakanow site but couldn't find it on the airline site when I checked myself.
Dear frequent flyers,please enlighten me on the best way to go about this. thx in anticipation!!
   Is that a return trip or just one way?
   But (considering the fact that you're more concerned about the fair,) why not consider Turkish or other unpopular Airlines from Lagos to Birmingham or alternative UK Airports? You have more options from Lagos.
Re: .... by modath(f): 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2011
Re: .... by modath(f): 8:02pm On Sep 03, 2011
Bump
Re: .... by modath(f): 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2011
Re: .... by modath(f): 2:46pm On Sep 06, 2011
Bump
Re: .... by OmoTier1(m): 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2011
best option would be to fly into manchester then coach up with national express or take the £1 bus but you would have to book early.
Manchester coach station to Birmingham new street about an hour or so if no hold up.

Emirates fly connection or try one of those royal moroc!
Re: .... by joxiri: 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2011
you can fly to gatwick get a train from gatwick to euston or watford and connect for the train to birmingham
you will avoid taking the coach and its not a very complicated route just 1 or 2 changes at watford or euston
or you can also fly to heathrow take the heathrow express to paddington and then take the tube to marylebone which is only 1 or 2 stops and then take chiltern to brimingham trains on this route are actually cheaper however you might have to take the tube and it might be tricky with luggage or better still take a cab from paddington to marylebone
Re: .... by DisGuy: 10:43pm On Sep 06, 2011
If you dont have (heavy) luggage when you are coming then you should explore the trains and coach options

Birmingham to many cities is just about an hour+ away
Re: .... by modath(f): 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2011
Am watching Lufthansa Happy Hour (London $ 841 and $955 for Birmingham)special offer and it looks attractive to me,my only issue is that the booking is supposed to be made latest by 19th of september while I am looking at an october date. Hopefully they extend or another attractive one come up.
Is it true that am not going to get affordable stuff to buy in the stores by October(I will be more funds) cos all summer sales will terminate this september,My friend told me its untrue,that october is still a good time to go,too many conflicting info!Help ,

N.B---Truly appreciate the feedbacks, thx.
@Joxiri, Thanks bros,but you wicked oo,you make them put me for Sky lost and found,I be JJC na!
@Omo T, We flew Emirates the last time to heathrow,took "Black Cab" (almost had a heart attack cos of the meter -£60) to Victoria station and coached to Birmingham. Now Emirates fare is 220k,too much for me at the moment.
Re: .... by DisGuy: 7:15pm On Sep 08, 2011
modath:

Am watching Lufthansa Happy Hour (London $ 841 and $955 for Birmingham)special offer and it looks attractive to me,my only issue is that the booking is supposed to be made latest by 19th of september while I am looking at an october date. Hopefully they extend or another attractive one come up.
Is it true that am not going to get affordable stuff to buy in the stores by October(I will be more funds) cos all summer sales will terminate this september,My friend told me its untrue,that october is still a good time to go,too many conflicting info!Help ,

N.B---Truly appreciate the feedbacks, thx.
@Joxiri, Thanks bros,but you wicked oo,you make them put me for Sky lost and found,I be JJC na!
@Omo T, We flew Emirates the last time to heathrow,took "Black Cab" (almost had a heart attack cos of the meter -£60) to Victoria station and coached to Birmingham. Now Emirates fare is 220k,too much for me at the moment.

check properly, If the booking is to be made latest by 19th, it might mean you can get the offer as long as you BOOK your journey on/before the 19th, so you might be able to buy your tickets for October but must book before 19th

(1) (Reply)

Easyjet To Operate In Africa As Fastjet / F2 To F1 Visa, Need Some Information / DNA Testing Cost By Italian Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.