Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge (1344 Views)

Calling On Nairaland Americans :) Pls I Need Cheap Way Of Getting To Los Angeles / Calling On All Nigerians In Canada / Help With Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge by kingspalas: 12:26am On Nov 14, 2010
Dear brovs &sists. Germany from all indication hz about 90% chances of becoming my travel destination frm naija prety soon on schengen v. honestly i don't intend to be back.even after the kpali 'goes out'. i see it as an opportunity to hlp my sef& family back here. Pls what are the steps i nid to take rite from my arival at airport to where i wil gt cheap accomdatn,plus other things i shld do or not do to avoid traps that cld possibly send me back to sqr1. Also i wld want to know the best aproach to securing the status that wil alow one work, as i'm not disposed to the dirty&fast one. I love u all.
Re: Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge by Vicjustice: 4:22am On Nov 14, 2010
kingspalas:

Dear brovs &sists. Germany from all indication hz about 90% chances of becoming my travel destination frm naija prety soon on schengen v. honestly i don't intend to be back.even after the kpali 'goes out'. i see it as an opportunity to hlp my sef& family back here. Pls what are the steps i nid to take rite from my arival at airport to where i wil gt cheap accomdatn,plus other things i shld do or not do to avoid traps that cld possibly send me back to sqr1. Also i wld want to know the best aproach to securing the status that wil alow one work, as i'm not disposed to the dirty&fast one. I love u all.
Next time you write in this kind of sms text English, i will not waste my time on efforts to understand you.
   Your first challenge, and perhaps the most important one would be getting through the airport. Bear in mind that a visa does not guarantee you entry into a country, an immigration officer reserves the rights to allow or refuse you entry; therefore, you need to prepare yourself for the possible questions that you would be asked at the port of entry.
The likely questions are:
* Where are you coming from?
* What's your purpose of coming to Germany?
* Where would you be staying?
* How long would you be staying for?
* Do you have a return ticket?
* What would you be doing in the country?
* How much money are you supporting yourself with?
* Do you have a credit card?
* Do you intend to visit another country?
* Do you have any contact in Germany?
   Prepare what to reply just in case these questions are fired at you: Answer them wisely as a little suspicion can result in your stoppage, but let's hope you don't meet an immigration officer who really wants to go into detail questions with you because, given that your intention isn't genuine, you might just give yourself away with your answers, and remember that these guys know about psychology.

Note: Immigration officers tend to work with speed when there are long queues of people so, ensure that you position yourself in the middle of a long queue of arriving passengers because you wouldn't want to be in a position that would make it easy for them to comfortably ask you all sort of different questions. And if however they detect that you are not a genuine visitor, then, seek instant asylum.

As for accommodation, What do you really intend to do, would you be seeking asylum? If so, then the German authority would sort out an accommodation for you pending your application for asylum, but if you're not seeking asylum, then you need to find and arrange with someone who would harbour you even before leaving Nigeria, this is very important.
   And as for the securing of residence/work permit, i must honestly warn you that this would be a hard task, but you have to get there first and then, you'd see what others are doing to secure their own documents, those who are already in the system should show you the way, but really, be careful with criminals, German police/security are some of the best in the world.
Re: Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge by fbiswagger: 6:42am On Nov 14, 2010
Calling On Vicj

Some credit to this chap. I'll be watching to ensure he stays in put undecided
Re: Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge by ChScott(m): 8:49am On Nov 14, 2010
Vicjustice:

Next time you write in this kind of sms text English, i will not waste my time on efforts to understand you.
   Your first challenge, and perhaps the most important one would be getting through the airport. Bear in mind that a visa does not guarantee you entry into a country, an immigration officer reserves the rights to allow or refuse you entry; therefore, you need to prepare yourself for the possible questions that you would be asked at the port of entry.
The likely questions are:
* Where are you coming from?
* What's your purpose of coming to Germany?
* Where would you be staying?
* How long would you be staying for?
* Do you have a return ticket?
* What would you be doing in the country?
* How much money are you supporting yourself with?
* Do you have a credit card?
* Do you intend to visit another country?
* Do you have any contact in Germany?
   Prepare what to reply just in case these questions are fired at you: Answer them wisely as a little suspicion can result in your stoppage, but let's hope you don't meet an immigration officer who really wants to go into detail questions with you because, given that your intention isn't genuine, you might just give yourself away with your answers, and remember that these guys know about psychology.

Note: Immigration officers tend to work with speed when there are long queues of people so, ensure that you position yourself in the middle of a long queue of arriving passengers because you wouldn't want to be in a position that would make it easy for them to comfortably ask you all sort of different questions.

As for accommodation, What do you really intend to do, would you be seeking asylum? If so, then the German authority would sort out an accommodation for you pending your application for asylum, but if you're not seeking asylum, then you need to find and arrange with someone who would harbour you even before leaving Nigeria, this is very important.
   And as for the securing of residence/work permit, i must honestly warn you that this would be a hard task, but you have to get there first and then, you'd see what others are doing to secure their own documents, those who are already in the system should show you the way, but really, be careful with criminals, German police/security are some of the best in the world.

Thank you so much for this guide. I wish the poster will take these advice into consideration.
Re: Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge by kingspalas: 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2010
@vicjustice: i'm sorry about the sms text typing. But thanks a zillion for ur great efforts.so many destinies hav been saved thru your guide here. I wil provide answers to those questions so you can help me see if they are ok. I wont be going for asylum but what makes people seek it. Also how much fund say minimum must one have with him on this trip at least to ensure easy pasage at the airport.does posession of credit card an advantage. Y could also share some knowledge about germany as place to live.i am grateful
Re: Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge by worry246(m): 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2010
You are text speak IDIOT !!!!!!!
Learn what capital letters at the start of a sentance are for.
If you can only type TEXT then do not bother typing.
IDIOT shocked
Re: Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge by wishlolia(f): 8:35pm On Nov 14, 2010
another great response from vj
Re: Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge by megastu(m): 8:17am On Nov 15, 2010
@poster,

In addition, i would advise that this is not the best time to travel and live abroad, the so called recession is real. Unless you want to seek assylum and really plan hard towards, things will be pretty tough. Remember 5,000 euros is about 1 million naira. I bet you that money will not last you more than a month (unless you have trusted friends/relatives who are willing to harbour you until you find your feet). All the same, i wish you good luck.
Re: Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge by kingspalas: 9:28am On Nov 15, 2010
@megastu, Thanks but i dont understand 5000 euros, is it BTA? Explain a little how the asylum is done at the airport.Do i need to show my pasport. My bigest headache is how to get over the officers @the airport (thx to vicjustice for his earlier great tips) and the things i need to do to get a work status. I have relatives in italy,holand,denmark ,london and a few friends in germany. With schengen visa can i acess any of this locations. Your guide brothers
Re: Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge by Vicjustice: 10:47am On Nov 15, 2010
kingspalas:

@vicjustice: i'm sorry about the sms text typing. But thanks a zillion for your great efforts.so many destinies hav been saved thru your guide here. I wil provide answers to those questions so you can help me see if they are ok. I wont be going for asylum but what makes people seek it.
   Though there isn't a question-mark, but i presume you were asking a question to know why people seek asylum.
   Sincerely talking, 99% of Nigerian seeking asylum would not have sought it if they found other avenues through which they can obtain legal status to live and work in their adopting countries. So, the reasons that Nigerians seek asylum has got more to do with pleading to be granted the privilege to stay in the foreign country with the aim and objective to secure their economic future rather than the fear of persecution and authority killing that most Nigerians actually claim.
kingspalas:

Also how much fund say minimum must one have with him on this trip at least to ensure easy pasage at the airport.does posession of credit card an advantage.
   The amount of money you are expected to have with you would depend on the length of time that you would be staying in the country, but the more money you have, the better you are assessed. So, try to reduce the number of days that you'd declare that you're staying for. I can advice you on how long you should tell them that you're staying if i know how long your visa is valid for.
kingspalas:

does posession of credit card an advantage.
   The possession of Credit Card is an advantage, but it's not essential. While credit card can represent your assessability to funds, it also gives you an edge on credit rating. Everybody is aware that one needs to meet up to certain bank requirements in order to qualify for a Credit Card, and such requirements include: regular income, lengthy employment, permanent work contract, reliable home address and credit worthiness etc. So, to answer your question, you don't need a credit card to pass through immigration, it's only an added advantage.
kingspalas:
. . . I have relatives in italy,holand,denmark ,london and a few friends in germany. With schengen visa can i acess any of this locations. Your guide brothers
   Affirmative. With Schengen visa, you can travel freely to any of these countries as many times as you desire, you won't even have anything to do with Immigration officers, the only people that would check your passport are airline staff at your departure airport; On arrival, you won't even be seeing any immigration officer as the airline will taxi through the Schengen wing of the airport where you can freely walk out through the terminal into the city without even showing your passport to anyone. It is a free borderless zone binding by the Schengen treaty agreement.
Re: Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge by saintbajar(m): 11:39am On Nov 15, 2010
@vicj

Nice work man.

any advice on German interview?,

got one coming on Wednesday.
Re: Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge by justhustle: 9:45pm On Nov 15, 2010
hello vicjustice and co
,i wish to know if it is possible to change status while in canada,
i mean going in with a visitors visa and on getting to canada,before the expiration of the 6 months temporary visa change status to,say student category,
i would like to know the processes/procedures and possible duration
your comment would really be appreciated.
Re: Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge by Vicjustice: 10:28pm On Nov 15, 2010
justhustle:

hello vicjustice and co
,i wish to know if it is possible to change status while in canada,
i mean going in with a visitors visa and on getting to canada,before the expiration of the 6 months temporary visa change status to,say student category,
i would like to know the processes/procedures and possible duration
your comment would really be appreciated.
*Canada, with its size bigger than the USA and a population of less than 32 million is highly underpopulated and in need of immigrants: its immigration rules as well as its legalisation and naturalisation policies are argueably the most immigrant friendly in the world, people who entered the country by deceitful means are able to legalise themselves by one means or the other therefore, i expect it to be easier for someone who entered with a visa

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-94557.0.html
Re: Calling On Vicj &nlanders With Germany Experience&knowledge by Vicjustice: 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2010
Poster, could you please give us an update?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In New York City / American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... / Boy Flies From Benin To Lagos By Hiding Inside Airplane Tyre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.