Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) (24574 Views)

The Beautiful City Of Abakaliki, Ebonyi State (pics/video) / Umahi Inspects Dualization Of Abakaliki/Enugu Road (Photos) / Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by Penguin2: 1:06pm On Jan 04, 2023
The Catholic Bishop of Abakaliki Diocese, Most Revd Dr Peter Nworie Chukwu, has turned down invitation for an award that was extended to him by the governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi.

In a letter date 16th December 2022, but just started making rounds, the Bishop challenged Umahi to free his priest, Fr Timothy Ngwuta, who has been in custody since last year, rather than giving him award.

Political watchers in Ebonyi are not surprised at the action of the bishop as someone has to stand up to Umahi’s atrocities in Ebonyi. Umahi knows that he has lost the people which is why he is running from pillar to post looking for validation and legitimacy through association with men of honour. But the Bishop did well not to fall for it.

Your Excellency.

RE: NOTIFICATION OF YOUR SELECTION FOR THE MAIDEN STATE OF HONOURS AWARD 2022 AS COMMANDER, EBONYI HALL OF FAME (CEHF)

Compliments of the season and may the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you now and forever. Amen.

I write to acknowledge the receipt of your letter notifying me that I have been selected for the Maiden State of Honours Award 2022 as Commander, Ebonyi Hall of FAME. I am pleasantly surprised that I was selected for such a prestigious honour by your government.

I wish to sincerely thank you for your thoughtful consideration in selecting me for the Maiden State of Honours Award, I am grateful to you and your government for deeming me fit for the award.

Your Excellency, I wish to respectfully decline this award. I am barely one year in office. I am still struggling to fit into the high demands of the ecclesiastical office of the Bishop. So, I feel that I have not achieved much as to deserve an award. If I may suggest, I would rather wish that this award be bestowed on my predecessor, Most Rev. Michael Nnachi Okoro, for his long and meritorious service to God and humanity. Rather than give me an award, I would prefer you set in motion, actions that would facilitate the termination of murder and sundry charges against my priest, Rev. Fr. Timothy Ngwuta.

Accept. Your Excellency, the assurances of my highest esteem and regards as you pilot the affairs of the State. Be assured of my constant prayers for you, your government and the good people of our dear State.

Sincerely yours. Peter N. Chukwu,
Bishop of Abakaliki Diocese.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by tijani0: 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2023
That's courage

Please Your Business Need a Logo

We will Design a Professional Company Logo or Letterhead for your Business for 2K Only

Pay on Delivery

Drop us your Company Name here
https://forms.gle/KwaEaphaRUYBNwmZ9

80 Likes

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by Sammy07: 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2023
I love it

139 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by Plus10(m): 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2023
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by Xscape1993(m): 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2023
The evil party and actrocites are inseparable. Only insane human beings will be supporting the 'old creature' as president after the 2015 deadly political mistake.

168 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2023
Real MOG

57 Likes

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by atobs4real(m): 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2023
you have a right to accept or reject.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by Judolisco(m): 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2023
People never chop u dey share award

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by loadedvibes: 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2023
Lol.. this bishop na bad guy.. him no accept why him come set up him predecessor na grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by mkpese1(m): 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2023
Good decision by the Bishop

14 Likes

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by Terror48: 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2023
APC is a cursed party.Sane Nigerians don't want to associate with it except the cursed urchins

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by fred94: 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2023
Catholics always shake Government. They fight Bad Government. Check what dey did in Philippines, Brazil etc.. They are always in the front to fight for the Masses..

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 04, 2023
Hungry urchins will jump on anything

18 Likes

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by ariesbull: 1:57pm On Jan 04, 2023
Igbo clergies , Catholics and decency

If its all these pentecostals they for rush am

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by femoomo(m): 1:57pm On Jan 04, 2023
mkpese1:
Good decision by the Bishop
Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by kennyz247(m): 1:57pm On Jan 04, 2023
ok
Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by BarrElChapo(m): 1:57pm On Jan 04, 2023
Nice one your Lordship. The governor cannot now claim ignorance

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by obinnajohnson: 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2023
I like this! It is high time the church spoke to our corrupt politicians, mindless of whose ox is gored.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by kennyz247(m): 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2023
it is well
Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by festacman(m): 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2023
Gov Umahi's award is a way of acknowledging the smooth relationship he has with the Catholic Church in the State in the course of his tenure. However, the other hand, the younger and very diplomatic Bishop of Abakiliki was also right in his reply as a mark of honour to his elderly predecessor who actually related actively with Gov. Umahi.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by Formularcr7: 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2023
I need to know more . Is Timothy guilty or not,?
Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2023
Who gives award to a bishop that hasn't spent up to a year in office or done anything significant?
Greek gifts are to be rejected!

47 Likes

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by mytime24(f): 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2023
1 out of 100
Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by Racoon(m): 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2023
Dave Nweze Umahi has become a tyrannical and devilish ruler in Ebonyi State

23 Likes

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by derecho(m): 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2023
Kikikiki
This is 2023
Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by Monumenter(m): 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2023
G
Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by CheapHomes1: 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2023
Lovely. A man with principles and integrity

9 Likes

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by patriotic007: 2:00pm On Jan 04, 2023
This is how Nigerians will reject APC in this 2023 election ......just watch

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by CheapHomes1: 2:00pm On Jan 04, 2023
post=119702866:
Lol.. this bishop na bad guy.. him no accept why him come set up him predecessor na grin

The reasons are clearly stated

4 Likes

Re: Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) by Fuji200: 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2023
Sweetplum:
It no fine sef

undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mobolaji Johnson Commissions The Lagos City Hall (Throwback Video) / Bello Is A Useful Idiot, Slave - FFK Attacks Governor Over Loyalty To Buhari / Explosion Rocks PDP Meeting In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.