Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,054 members, 7,956,936 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola (20756 Views)

Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? / Kano: No Aspirant Contested Makoda LG Assembly Seat Under PDP / Sowore: Peter Obi No Different From APC Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Nicepoker(m): 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2023
sapele914:
Gerrout jare, even separating Local Government account from State Government account is a problem till tomorrow, you are coming to tell us about nonsense constitutional reforms?
You can make your points like a civilized individual.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by sapele914(m): 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
toprealman:
Imagine Tinubu or Atiku pushing for a change in the 1999 constitution. Is that possible?
We have a group that are only interested in making as much money as possible from the faulty system.
It is not their duty to push for constitutional change, that is the work of your National Assembly.

What when Tinubu gets there and tries to amend the constitution to be President for life like Obasanjo tried to do, wailers like you will be the first to shout murder.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by sapele914(m): 6:46pm On Jan 04, 2023
Nicepoker:
You can make your points like a civilized individual.
Jungle done wear pant for Mushin, I no be gentleman at all.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Biodun556(m): 6:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
Nicepoker:
Let's be realistic. How many sincere leaders can be elected while riding into office through a corrupt system.

Let me give example

A case of Omeiha and Amaechi

From tribunal the case reached supreme court.

It is clearly stated in Nigeria 1999 constitution that supreme court must not reverse itself. All lawyers know that clearly.

Amaechi won the case at the supreme court. Omeiha lawyer, a well experience and I think he was SAN went back to supreme court to appeal the case. Infact, the supreme court judge was shedding tears that she didn't know that there would be a time that Nigerian lawyer will appeal supreme court judgement at the supreme court

Please we are corrupt in Nigeria. We will always find ways around a perfect law.

Because a constitution can't address all issues is the reason why we have act of Parliament which is the primary responsibility of lawmakers

In the last constitutional conference, each participants were given 10 million naira allowance. Where is the product of that constitutional conference?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by ComeToJesus: 6:48pm On Jan 04, 2023
politicoNG:

https://gazettengr.com/obi-no-credible-leader-can-emerge-via-1999-constitution-afe-babalola-insists/

After the guy don benefit from the same constitution and as lawyer to politicians, he come take him own build university, na him the constitution come spoil?

Make Obi enter first, then we go change am
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by sapele914(m): 6:50pm On Jan 04, 2023
Biodun556:

Let me give example

A case of Omeiha and Amaechi

From tribunal the case reached supreme court.

It is clearly stated in Nigeria 1999 constitution that supreme court must not reverse itself. All lawyers know that clearly.

Amaechi won the case at the supreme court. Omeiha lawyer, a well experience and I think he was SAN went back to supreme court to appeal the case. Infact, the supreme court judge was shedding tears that she didn't know that there would be a time that Nigerian lawyer will appeal supreme court judgement at the supreme court

Please we are corrupt in Nigeria. We will always find ways around a perfect law.

Because a constitution can't address all issues is the reason why we have act of Parliament which is the primary responsibility of lawmakers

In the last constitutional conference, each participants were given 10 million naira allowance. Where is the product of that constitutional conference?

Aboki used it to wrap the Suya I bought @ Asokoro, Useless Pdp Criminals.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by sapele914(m): 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2023
ComeToJesus:

After the guy don benefit from the same constitution and as lawyer to politicians, he come take him own build university, na him the constitution come spoil?

Make Obi enter first, then we go change am
As long as that constitution exist, Peter Obi will never enter Aso Rock living room.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Lincton: 6:58pm On Jan 04, 2023
The legal luminary has seen it all
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by inception10122: 6:58pm On Jan 04, 2023
A lot of people are moving to the ECHO forum...Good for Nigeria
qloreal65: As e dey sweet us, e dey pain them.....as e dey pain them...e dey sweet us

1 Like

Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Mcslize: 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2023
Itzteewhy:
Unfortunately, this man is saying the truth but some ignoramus would say otherwise. .....

On the other hand, let me say this, Peter obi ain't winning this election not even in generation to come....

Before any body would come for my head, let me tell you this. In Nigeria today, it has become a custom that we keep on making bad choices when it comes to electing a leader.

What makes you think this election would be different? Infact there is nothing like choosing between the good and the bad but rather the BAD and the WORSE.

The earlier we acknowledge the fact that, that messiah we are hoping for would never become the president of this country, the better it would be for all of us.

Something will happen brother. This election will be a shocking one. Don't worry. Just watch.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Denoh68: 7:00pm On Jan 04, 2023
arantess:

But "emilokan" "Yoruba lokan" and Muslim Muslim ticket is not ethnic agenda
DON'T MIND YORUBA FOOLS
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Adeoye11(m): 7:00pm On Jan 04, 2023
Odin13:
Instead of youths to ginger restructuring.. and dead to 99’ constitution .. you see them recklessly abusing themselves on top mortals that can change or help their situations as Nigerians

Wetin we know ..

Power to the people
North 2023

Seriously you have a valid point.How I wish these people will come back to agree that are all dunce after the election of their candidates has not produce anything but incessant failure.
Sometimes I sit down and weep for Nigeria youth who don't really know what they want.
I have said this and will still do ,election and electioneering can not and can never solve Nigeria problem.
I am an advocate of either referendum or separation

Nigerians must learn.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Nicepoker(m): 7:00pm On Jan 04, 2023
sapele914:
Jungle done wear pant for Mushin, I no be gentleman at all.
let me bow out in peace then.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Allisgud: 7:02pm On Jan 04, 2023
That is why we need to vote peter obi,why cos he has a listening ears to kick starts the amendment 1999 constitution
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by nkemjacob2(m): 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2023
The question I ask is what has your senators be doing.

the National Assembly plays a major role in nation building STOP voting junks.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by southsouthking(m): 7:13pm On Jan 04, 2023
APCHaram:

OSU, Atiku wasn't a fool when he picked your OSU president as his running mate.

Atiku is your president whether you like it or not

Now go and wash your discarded biafran flag.

Ozuor, anybody wen support Obi na Biafra, okporkpite.
Person when chicken out quickly delete the tweet condemning Deborah's death.
Where you gbeeeze comot for road make i see better person align with.
Nitwits
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by lovinagbad: 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2023
MissLeslie:
Well, this is not just advise but way forward
Afe Babalola is also part of the corrupt system. He made Billions of naira from Obasanjo representing him him here and there during Obasanjo tenure
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by southsouthking(m): 7:15pm On Jan 04, 2023
sapele914:
How dare you put that political riff raff Peter Obi in the same sentence as the Turaki of Adamawa?
Shift one side make i see road.
People dey talk you still dey talk.

Traitors
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by lexy2014: 7:19pm On Jan 04, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Afe Babalola has spoken well. Urchins are trying to misinterprete his message.

What has he spoken well?
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 04, 2023
Totally agree with you on this one but how else can we save this country from total collapse if not by encouraging men of similar characteristics like Peter obi.
I'm not saying Peter obi is a Saint but we need to stop these politicians of questionable characters from getting to these positions.
And that can only be done by voting.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by lexy2014: 7:20pm On Jan 04, 2023
Allisgud:
That is why we need to vote peter obi,why cos he has a listening ears to kick starts the amendment 1999 constitution

Why does the constitution need amendment?
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Fkhalifa(m): 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2023
arantess:

But "emilokan" "Yoruba lokan" and Muslim Muslim ticket is not ethnic agenda
The post you quoted had nothing to do with Asiwaju, yet you found a way to still mention him.....why not face Atiku
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by orisa37: 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2023
The military has major stakes in NIGERIA POLITICS. Therefore an OSINBAJO AND YAHAYA FAROUK RTD 65/56 OR OSINBAJO AND VO EZUGWU RTD 65/58 will save NIGERIA.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by orisa37: 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2023
OSINBAJO is an Aspirant. Let BUHARI resign for him now and let TINUBU surrender his CANDIDATURE TO HIM.

Let BUHARI AND TINUBU CAMPAIGN FOR HIM, THE OTHER CANDIDATES WILL JOIN THE TRAIN.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Burruchaga71(m): 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2023
It seems GEJ used 1960 and 1963 constitution to govern , this people
Sef.
Peter Obi or nothing
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by pacespot(m): 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2023
How many times will the southern leaders and governors raise awareness about constitutional amendment? It is northerners that have refused to yield to yearning cry of the south to fix the country. So that is why we need to vote Peter Obi in to begin the process of true structuring in this country.

The truth is that, it is very unlikely that a full restructuring of this country is possible with a northern sitting president.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by orisa37: 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2023
NIGERIA POLITICIANS ARE GENERALLY LAWLESS. OSINBAJO AND A RETIRED GENERAL IS LAW ENFORCEMENT.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by lexy2014: 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2023
customstreet:
I was thinking this election suppose to be a challenge between the elites and the masses, but right now it is between masses and the masses and elites v elites. I don’t see any progress going forward with this constitution. It is the bane of our problem. Atiku, Obi or Tinubu will perform less than average with this unholy constitution

What is unholy about the constitution and how is it thr bane of Nigerias problems?
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Onuoha1234(m): 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2023
I acknowledge your personal achievemements in spite of the odds you faced getting to where you are now. Take practical steps now to salvage the country rather being pessimistic.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by lexy2014: 7:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
pacespot:
How many times will the southern leaders and governors raise awareness about constitutional amendment? It is northerners that have refused to yield to yearning cry of the south to fix the country. So that is why we need to vote Peter Obi in to begin the process of true structuring in this country.

The truth is that, it is very unlikely that a full restructuring of this country is possible with a northern sitting president.

What exactly is wrong with the constitution?
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Onuoha1234(m): 7:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
I acknowledge your personal achievemements in spite of the odds you faced getting to where you are now. Take practical steps now to salvage the country rather being pessimistic.ī

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Declares APC's Benjamin Kalu Re-Elected For Bende Fed Constituency, Abia / Nigeria To Seal Refinery Deal With S/Arabia H1, 2024, Despite Skepticism / 2015 vs 2019: APC votes increase by over 600% in Okene alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.