Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,346 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Is This Fair? Advice Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is This Fair? Advice Needed (1245 Views)

Innoson Vehicle At Second Intra-african Trade Fair South Africa(photos) / See Made In Nigeria Cars Being Displayed At The Lagos Trade Fair (Pictures) / Luxury Buses Produced In Nigeria At 13th Lagos International Motor Fair (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Fair? Advice Needed by sunnymighty(m): 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2023
Season's greetings Nairalanders, now straight to the point. I first took my Car to the painter to be assessed so i would know the actual amount required to bake the car, he said 110,000 will do the work, inclusive of bodywork.
Barely a month after,precisely on the 14th of December I took my car to the same place for work to commence, he said 110k could nolonger finish the work that I have to add another 25k making 135k after negotiation we later settled for 120k, I asked when the car would be ready he said I should give him 2weeks maximum, last week Thursday I went to his workshop to see how far he had gone with the work, he said the car will not be ready till Friday again I protested, he attributed the delay to Christmas and New Year Holiday (As if he was not aware of it before now). I went there again today to remind him of his promise that the car would be ready this Friday,he didn't say anything. He later çalled me this evening that the 120k agreed on can nolonger finish the work that I will have to add additional 25k citing different reasons ranging from the painter's workmanship to cost of materials as if it wasn't part of the money (120k) charged before now, there and then I told him on phone that he was joking, that at this point I have nothing to add to the 120k, mind you I had already paid 80k out of the 120k, I am left with 40k to balance up. Please I need your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by Odetokun3(m): 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2023
Involve other people at his workshop but get ready to add some funds maybe 10k just to let go and all.

1 Like

Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by sunnymighty(m): 7:38pm On Jan 04, 2023
Odetokun3:
Involve other people at his workshop but get ready to add some funds maybe 10k just to let go and all.

Ok bro! Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by Ofemmanu1: 7:55pm On Jan 04, 2023
That's how bad they behave this days.

A basterrd painter charged 80k after checking my car, two weeks later I was ready to pay and to my surprise, he said 80k won't do it again, the price has increased to 110k.

After small haggling, we settled for 100k.
He picked the car and promised to return it in ten days, after 10days, my car wasn't ready and I was like wff?

He brought the car after 15days and I was MAD.

I'm still in shock since last December, I requested a "Sport-blue/ Royal-blue" color but the basterrd gave me "Ashawo Blue" Color.

I rejected the job, went to a police station, they picked the basterrd up and he started saying the color I requested was a Factory Color and a Glass paint and it couldn't be purchased here, What Nonsense!!!

Las las, the basterrd painter requested 30k to give me the Sport Blue but i just drove off cos it was Christmas already.

The car is very fine sha cos I bought new Bumpers, fenders, headlights, Rearlights etc but it's not the color i wanted.
The basterrd painter followed the trend and gave a sweet flashy job, but I'm not a slick guy..
Ever-since then Ashawo has been approaching me left-right and center.

I'm in pains.

7 Likes

Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by Tokskob2008: 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2023
Don't pay him a dime more than you both agreed on and if he tries to prove smart just arrange boys for am... Some of those workmen like to do anyhow, if customers no come dem go dey lament and pray about but once any show up they start misbehaving and acting stupid.
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by sunnymighty(m): 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

A basterrd painter charged 80k after checking my car, two weeks later I was ready to pay and to my surprise, he said 80k won't do it again, the price has increased to 110k.

He picked the car and promised to return it in ten days, after 10days, my car wasn't ready and I was like wff?

I'm still in shock since last December, I requested a "Sport-blue/ Royal-blue" color but the basterrd gave me "Ashawo Blue" Color.

I rejected the job, went to a police station, they picked the basterrd up and he started saying the color I requested was a Factory Color and a Glass paint and it couldn't be purchased here, What Nonsense!!!

Las las, the basterrd painter requested 30k to give me the Sport Blue but i just drove off cos it was Christmas already.

The car is very fine sha cos I bought new Bumpers, fenders, headlights, Rearlights etc but it's not the color i wanted.
The basterrd painter followed the trend and gave a sweet flashy job, but I'm not a slick guy..

I'm in pains.

Imagine!
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by sunnymighty(m): 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2023
Tokskob2008:
Don't pay him a dime more than you both agreed on and if he tries to prove smart just arrange boys for am... Some of those workmen like to do anyhow, if customers no come dem go dey lament and pray about but once any show up they start misbehaving and acting stupid.

Spot on
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by tropaz(m): 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2023
Just tell him to refund your 80k because even if you pay him 200k, he will definitely do a bad job.... he's not a responsible painter please. Just threaten him with the police or Amotekun sharp sharp.... I don't like nonsense...

5 Likes

Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by Lonestar124: 8:56pm On Jan 04, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

I'm in pains.
Can you pls show me the ashewo colour for posterity, I don't want any ashewo to fellow me up and down

1 Like

Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by Ofemmanu1: 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2023
sunnymighty:

Imagine!

Anytime I see my car, it's always a mixed-feelings..

Part of me would wanna Curse the painter but when I remember the Ashawo Magnet Color, I'll just Shake my head and smile.

The car is so fine that people wanna know the painter but I always turn them down cos I don't want wahala.
No recommendations.
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by Ofemmanu1: 9:23pm On Jan 04, 2023
Lonestar124:
Can you pls show me the ashewo colour for posterity, I don't want any ashewo to fellow me up and down

I'm sorry bro, this is NL

I don't wanna Cast myself.

I've made enough enemies already.

Make Dem no go block me for road.
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by sunnymighty(m): 7:25am On Jan 05, 2023
More views pls
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by sunnymighty(m): 4:53pm On Jan 05, 2023
More opinions, intend seeing him tommorow to tell him my mind.
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by buygala(m): 5:22pm On Jan 05, 2023
sunnymighty:
Season's greetings Nairalanders, now straight to the point. I first took my Car to the painter to be assessed so i would know the actual amount required to bake the car, he said 110,000 will do the work, inclusive of bodywork.
Barely a month after,precisely on the 14th of December I took my car to the same place for work to commence, he said 110k could nolonger finish the work that I have to add another 25k making 135k after negotiation we later settled for 120k, I asked when the car would be ready he said I should give him 2weeks maximum, last week Thursday I went to his workshop to see how far he had gone with the work, he said the car will not be ready till Friday again I protested, he attributed the delay to Christmas and New Year Holiday (As if he was not aware of it before now). I went there again today to remind him of his promise that the car would be ready this Friday,he didn't say anything. He later çalled me this evening that the 120k agreed on can nolonger finish the work that I will have to add additional 25k citing different reasons ranging from the painter's workmanship to cost of materials as if it wasn't part of the money (120k) charged before now, there and then I told him on phone that he was joking, that at this point I have nothing to add to the 120k, mind you I had already paid 80k out of the 120k, I am left with 40k to balance up. Please I need your contribution.

Lukman painter don flex your money finish for Christmas grin. Now he doesn't even have enough money for materials for the Job, much less a profit..

The lawyer in me wants me to advice you to insist on the original amount and show him Shege.. You have a right to do so as agreement is agreement..

But in spirit of Xmas, add 10k for him.. But insist that you will pay it plus the initial balance when you come to pick up the car.. Before e go blow all the moni for Ashawo House, come hold u for throat for moni with another story.

If e still wan dey do anyhow, mobilize police make dem deposit am like 2 days max for cell, make the kaikai wey im take for Xmas evaporate.

E get why I say 2 days max o.. Anytin after that, Lukman Lawyer fit hold u and Police for Blokos o.

NB.. try confirm beforehand the paint wey e wan use for ur moto na d one wey una agree on o.. Before e go paint for u Ashawo Blue like that poster up there grin

1 Like

Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by sunnymighty(m): 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2023
buygala:

Lukman painter don flex your money finish for Christmas grin. Now he doesn't even have enough money for materials for the Job, much less a profit..

The lawyer in me wants me to advice you to insist on the original amount and show him Shege.. You have a right to do so as agreement is agreement..

But in spirit of Xmas, add 10k for him.. But insist that you will pay it plus the initial balance when you come to pick up the car.. Before e go blow all the moni for Ashawo House, come hold u for throat for moni with another story.

If e still wan dey do anyhow, mobilize police make dem deposit am like 2 days max for cell, make the kaikai wey im take for Xmas evaporate.

E get why I say 2 days max o.. Anytin after that, Lukman Lawyer fit hold u and Police for Blokos o.

NB.. try confirm beforehand the paint wey e wan use for ur moto na d one wey una agree on o.. Before e go paint for u Ashawo Blue like that poster up there grin

Many thanks grin will update this thread when I finally see him.
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by advanceDNA: 3:25am On Jan 07, 2023
sunnymighty:

Ok bro! Thanks for the heads up.

Check ur catalyst oooo
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by sunnymighty(m): 5:36am On Jan 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

Check ur catalyst oooo

Trust me I will.
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by sunnymighty(m): 5:42am On Jan 07, 2023
Went to check the fool at his workshop but observed work was in progress, checked him twice but was told he was not around. I guess he was trying to avoid me,but was told the car will be ready by today. Not going there again till Monday.
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by oweniwe(m): 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2023
sunnymighty:
Went to check the fool at his workshop but observed work was in progress, checked him twice but was told he was not around. I guess he was trying to avoid me,but was told the car will be ready by today. Not going there again till Monday.

Nigerians are very difficult people
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by ibinaboonline: 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2023
No! Don't encourage this scamming behavior. OP, even if you have 5 billion in your account, use that money to get the police involved until that greedy shop complete your work as agreed. I've met their type before and I do much hate that treatment of a customer whose only crime is patronizing your services and paying you bulk half payment in advance. I received exactly the same treatment from the carpenter that roofed my house last December.
Odetokun3:
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by ibinaboonline: 1:43pm On Jan 07, 2023
You're in sifia pains grin grin
Ofemmanu1:

I'm in pains.
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by sunnymighty(m): 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2023
ibinaboonline:
No! Don't encourage this scamming behavior. OP, even if you have 5 billion in your account, use that money to get the police involved until that greedy shop complete your work as agreed. I've met their type before and I do much hate that treatment of a customer whose only crime is patronizing your services and paying you bulk half payment in advance. I received exactly the same treatment from the carpenter that roofed my house last December.

That's how bad they come, bunch of useless elements.

1 Like

Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by peretei2024(m): 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2023
sunnymighty:

you need to get the bastard arrested so he will not do this to another person

1 Like

Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by sunnymighty(m): 4:12am On Jan 08, 2023
peretei2024:

you need to get the bastard arrested so he will not do this to another person

Very useless set of people! will wait till he finishes.
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by Elxandre(m): 12:40am On Jan 09, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

I'm in pains.
Laugh wan kill me. You be comedian. grin cheesy
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by Kingdemu: 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2023
sunnymighty:

Very useless set of people! will wait till he finishes.
OP how far?
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by sunnymighty(m): 8:19pm On Jan 11, 2023
Kingdemu:
OP how far?

The Car is ready but am not in Lagos at the moment I need to inspect and be sure he did a good job then we take it up from there, thanks for the heads up.
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by sunnymighty(m): 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2023
sunnymighty:

The Car is ready but am not in Lagos at the moment I need to inspect and be sure he did a good job then we take it up from there, thanks for the heads up.
Finally went to inspect the Car today, they did a nice job, but couldn't be convinced to drop the 25k, I told the mofo I can only afford 10k in addition to the 40k balance, told him I will pay 45k now and balance the 5k by month end, Sapa is on rampage everywhere now. Thank you all.
Re: Is This Fair? Advice Needed by olewuezikc(m): 8:13pm On Jan 13, 2023
sunnymighty:

Finally went to inspect the Car today, they did a nice job, but couldn't be convinced to drop the 25k, I told the mofo I can only afford 10k in addition to the 40k balance, told him I will pay 45k now and balance the 5k by month end, Sapa is on rampage everywhere now. Thank you all.

Fair deal.
If the painter get sense, em suppose know sai you try for am.

(1) (Reply)

4wd System Of Modern Cars...do's And Dont's / I Need To Rent A Convertible For A Video Shoot In Lagos / A Better Way To Buy A Car - Ranking of the Best Cars to Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.