Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Confused Between Node Js And PHP - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Confused Between Node Js And PHP (9945 Views)

Key Differences Between Node JS Vs Javascript / Free PHP, Node js ,Mongo db, Angular And C# Proje Source Code With Documentation / React + Node Js : Fullstack Web Development Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by sammirano: 3:16pm On Jan 08, 2023
Go for Node if you get mind.
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Wintertime: 3:16pm On Jan 08, 2023
Php
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by stevedeey(m): 3:21pm On Jan 08, 2023
My brother. Don't be confused. Pick one and be good at it. You won't regret.. Before I settled for Java, I was in this state that you are now.... It only wasted my time. Please pick either and be good at it

2 Likes

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by suratwo62: 3:23pm On Jan 08, 2023
Thermodynamics:

Php is dead bro, this is not even a difficult decision, you should be thinking between Node.js and Java.

PHP is a popular general-purpose language that powers many popular websites and applications. While it may not be as popular as some newer languages, it's still widely used and supported by a large community of developers. Many of the world's most successful companies use PHP, so it's not going to die in 2023. On the contrary, we predict that it's going to become more popular. Source : https://www.scoredigital.io/articles/is-php-going-to-die-in-2023

1 Like

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by emonkey(m): 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2023
Thermodynamics:

Php is dead bro, this is not even a difficult decision, you should be thinking between Node.js and Java.
PHP is dead? You are a comedian Bro .
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by silento(m): 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2023
PHP just get good with api

Any framework u choose u will never lack again

Even outside Nigeria you will still be cashing out daily

1 Like

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Petersamuel8(m): 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2023
I think PHP,
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by AKEEMNAS(m): 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
Thermodynamics:

This is your opinion and for the record PHP is not dead.
Most of the web services you come across online are running on PHP, even CMS (Content Management System) platforms, a good example of this is WordPress.

Even Slack, the popular collaboration tool was built on PHP.

@OP you can start with either of the two, if you decide to choose PHP, you can learn Laravel after learning PHP.
No Technology is dead or useless. Just learn one and be proficient at it, then you can learn others on the journey. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by ReluctantAdult(m): 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
Maybe PHP? I think Python/Django's got lots of job opportunities as well.
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Efewestern: 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
Thermodynamics:

PHP isn't dead, while we can agree that you can do more (Functionalities) with Node JS, PHP is still very much useful.
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Maj196(m): 3:44pm On Jan 08, 2023
ReluctantAdult:
Maybe PHP? I think Python/Django's got lots of job opportunities as well.
Python/Django in Nigeria? I beg to differ
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Princedapace(m): 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2023
Baba, forget php. Go for node.js but u must know javascript
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Philipgarza31: 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2023
See gurus, I can't understand even a word you guys are taking and rumbling on here and it supprised a stem guy like me.

Well anyways I was to ask what language was that upwork site done with, whatever the language is that site is the slowest site I ve seen my entire life lik what will it take them to make it load faster.

Second question, what was the palmpay site made from? Whoever designed that palmpay site, his skill level is rare. Most times I just log into pampay for the viewing pleasure cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by ReluctantAdult(m): 3:53pm On Jan 08, 2023
Maj196:
Python/Django in Nigeria? I beg to differ

Oops. My bad. Just saw OP specified Nigeria.
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by emmy9500: 4:02pm On Jan 08, 2023
Go for whatever rocks your boat, eventually programming language are just tools… to be a code software engineer goes beyond just writing codes.

Nodejs is great for beginners as there are many resources online and you have a very active community, also because you are using JavaScript it give you the chance to quickly venture in frontend(react) or mobile(react native) and it’s very easy to host your hobby project

PHP is also good for beginners, it’s a strict typed language and will help solidify core programming concepts. There is also resources online

In terms of job, there is Job for every programming language even if you are learning COBOL, companies choose their technologies based on application needs and not because a technology is popular

Also you starting with Nodejs or PHP doesn’t mean that is what you will write forever, I started programming with PHP and haven’t written a PHP code in 2 years.

Good-luck in your tech journey

2 Likes

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by platymus: 4:03pm On Jan 08, 2023
Being proficient with both I can't tell you that it depends on the application and the technical requirements. Use nodejs for network heavy requirements though you can use PHP with phpswoop or pusher( but I don't fancy it because it's third party)for such but it is a straight forward thing in nodejs. So if you are to build apps that will have chat feature, immediate server response,collaborating,etc. Nodejs is pretty good with those but like I said you can also use PHP with something like phpswoop or use Laravel with some of it packages. Another very good choice is golang that you can use for things like video based application. So if I were you, I will go with both PHP and nodejs. In conclusion don't see any language as best evey language is a tool that is design to meet specific application needs. For me I learn as much as I can, or how else can you eat an elephant? Bit by bit, ounce by ounce, one at a time!

4 Likes

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by GENES11S: 4:04pm On Jan 08, 2023
stevesawo:
Good day guys, please between Node js and PHP, which one has a better prospect for employment in Nigeria. Thanks

Node Js vs PHP

This comparison imply that you are looking for back-end programing language.

For back-end alone, it is better to go with PHP because it runs on most servers which are cheap and have withstood the test of time.

Sure JavaScript node Js run on its on server and don't need something like apache and the likes but this is easier said than done.

Nonetheless, Node Js is also very good. It is more modern, so it is not fully supported in most Web hosting platforms.

As for Job availability in Nigeria, more companies here tend to use PHP more compared to Node Js. But this is changing fast.

The best thing you can do is to learn both. Both languages are very simple to learn.

Know that in learning Node Js, you have to first start with JavaScript, because Node Js is simply JavaScript on server.

1 Like

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by dontro(m): 4:17pm On Jan 08, 2023
stevesawo:
Good day guys, please between Node js and PHP, which one has a better prospect for employment in Nigeria. Thanks

Nodejs if you're looking long term and versatility
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by muha99: 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2023
Between Django and nodejs, which one is better
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Laturuturu: 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
stevesawo:

I will say APC
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Shittaakeem(m): 4:43pm On Jan 08, 2023
Thermodynamics:

See this one
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by airsaylongcome: 5:01pm On Jan 08, 2023
emonkey:

Hilarious isn't it! When behomoths like WordPress and Moodle are still out there powering many solutions.
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by airsaylongcome: 5:03pm On Jan 08, 2023
emmy9500:
Go for whatever rocks your boat, eventually programming language are just tools… to be a code software engineer goes beyond just writing codes.

Nodejs is great for beginners as there are many resources online and you have a very active community, also because you are using JavaScript it give you the chance to quickly venture in frontend(react) or mobile(react native) and it’s very easy to host your hobby project

PHP is also good for beginners, it’s a strict typed language and will help solidify core programming concepts.. There is also resources online

In terms of job, there is Job for every programming language even if you are learning COBOL, companies choose their technologies based on application needs and not because a technology is popular

Also you starting with Nodejs or PHP doesn’t mean that is what you will write forever, I started programming with PHP and haven’t written a PHP code in 2 years.

Good-luck in your tech journey

God bless you for me!

1 Like

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by 2paid2Bmad: 5:06pm On Jan 08, 2023
All these wan wey una dey talk just dey muzz me, abeg I wan learn from the beginning like small pikin. I wan leave yahoo abeg.

Anybody wey wan tutor me like small pikin abeg

1 Like

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by hssd8nland: 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2023
stevesawo:
Hi, from my experience so far they are all powerful programming languages however, you need to ask yourself what's your long-term goals. Do you plan to work for big tech companies or you are just ok with having a very good income at the end of the day, because PHP over time you would notice have its own strength and weaknesses. If your plan is to work for very big tech companies like Shopify, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and the likes of them, so you really need to start focusing on javascript more work on projects related to mostly javascript, but if you are just ok with having a good income, career path is not really your concern then you are most likely be good with your PHP Laravel to be specific, at the end of the day it will always ball down to your preferences and choices, don't get confused or bothered with the unnecessary arguments surrounding them. Make sure you code at least 1 hour a day work on projects you really love and you can relate to, wish you all the best. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Thermodynamics(m): 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2023
Shittaakeem:

See this one

Lol, I'm entitled to my opinion.
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Thermodynamics(m): 5:16pm On Jan 08, 2023
Efewestern:

PHP isn't dead, while we can agree that you can do more (Functionalities) with Node JS, PHP is still very much useful.

It's fading out gradually, you still hear PHP because many tech companies use to use it back in the days, but now they are transitioning out of it, there is no point learning a dying technology.

1 Like

Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Thermodynamics(m): 5:16pm On Jan 08, 2023
AKEEMNAS:

This is your opinion and for the record PHP is not dead.
Most of the web services you come across online are running on PHP, even CMS (Content Management System) platforms, a good example of this is WordPress.

Even Slack, the popular collaboration tool was built on PHP.

@OP you can start with either of the two, if you decide to choose PHP, you can learn Laravel after learning PHP.
No Technology is dead or useless. Just learn one and be proficient at it, then you can learn others on the journey. All the best.

It's fading out gradually, you still hear PHP because many tech companies use to use it back in the days, but now they are transitioning out of it, there is no point learning a dying technology.
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Thermodynamics(m): 5:17pm On Jan 08, 2023
emonkey:

Lol, I don talk my own.
Re: Confused Between Node Js And PHP by Thermodynamics(m): 5:18pm On Jan 08, 2023
suratwo62:

PHP is a popular general-purpose language that powers many popular websites and applications. While it may not be as popular as some newer languages, it's still widely used and supported by a large community of developers. Many of the world's most successful companies use PHP, so it's not going to die in 2023. On the contrary, we predict that it's going to become more popular. Source : https://www.scoredigital.io/articles/is-php-going-to-die-in-2023

Which kind more popular?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software / Programming With Android / Learn C++ Programming Language In Few Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.