Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting (33405 Views)

2023: Labour Party Holds Townhall Meeting In Nasarawa / Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million / Buhari, Atiku, Sowore & Moghalu To Participate In Townhall Meeting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by Lightorder: 6:48pm On Jan 05, 2023
Wali84:
and ipob,ESN are supporting there own
poverty is everybody’s own , your eye go clear very soon

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by IamtheTruth1(m): 6:49pm On Jan 05, 2023
Iyatostrong:
Kikiikiki.
OMOWALE AND OMOLUABI.
As a yoruba woman i have to shed light on these names for zombidients before their jubilation..
(A missing word should be found with parable) "bi oro ba sonu owe la o fi wa"

THE ROOT OF "OMOWALE"
have you forgotten the story of a prodigal son?

let me quickly summarize it for a flash back.
a father and his two sons. The younger son demanded for his share of the father's wealth, of which he was given.
shortly after receiving his inheritance. He ran off home and squardered the inheritance in wild living. Having left with nothing and in severe pains in the street.
he came back home in tears and applogised to his father and the older son.
the father being a wise man pardoned him and said "OMOWALE" but never entrusted his weath to the prodigal son again.

in this case ,

YORUBA (FATHER).
OBI IS THE PRODIGAL SON( OMOWALE).
WHILE TINUBU IS THE OLDER AND REAL SON OF THE LAND( OMOLUABI).
we won't beat obi(omowale) but we'll never entrust power on him.
Our votes are for (OMOLUABI).

You need mental checkup.

2 Likes

Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by Iyatostrong(f): 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
[quote author=IamtheTruth1 post=119745632]

You need mental checkup.[ Not every woman will have mental issue like your mother.]
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by kafeii123: 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2023
Bossjakande:
Why did ibo put try to steal wat aint thiers.most Lp candidate in Lagos ibo.who start civil war ibo.who kill sadanua ahmadu Bello, balewa ibo. Jonathan do 8 years but Ibo put no want yoruba to do. Yoruba fools dat support ibo or atiku obasanjo live in 2007 if tinubu loose yoruba will not get power till 2031yoruba ronu.

And what is wrong with waiting till 2031 if you're sure that the person you want to take over from wl be handing over a working and better system like the one GEJ handed over...or even better than it...... After having worked hard to help clear this mess that Buhari is leaving..?

You don't know that if the wrong Yoruba man enters now and doesn't work well....Yorubas will then also be bad mouthed and abused in the same way fulanis are being abused now... making it difficult for any subsequent Yoruba man to contest?

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by IamtheTruth1(m): 6:58pm On Jan 05, 2023
[quote author=Iyatostrong post=119745795][/quote]

I won't trade words with you. I will shoe you maturity.
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by seunjungle1(m): 7:00pm On Jan 05, 2023
I think my father(Age) is too old now, which one be omowale? Talo ni omo ale?
Frustrated gathering, Ekities disappoint them.
Ekiti agbeaooooo!

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by McStoic(m): 7:00pm On Jan 05, 2023
Lizzysamuel:
The moment, Aare Afe Babalola stood up and applauded @PeterObi after his rousing speech this afternoon at the University auditorium. He surely liked what he heard from him. "I am happy that the students are here to listen to him" Babalola said.

At the town hall meeting, Aare Afe Babalola also confered Peter Obi a title… “Omowale” of Ekiti.

Source:
https://twitter.com/TheOfficialPOMA/status/1611006205740163072?t=YFdQEyUXbeMWk93IzlTuJw&s=19

This is the real "town hall with a difference". . grin

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by Olaolex: 7:05pm On Jan 05, 2023
Bluntguy:
You only need to listen to Obi to stop being an urchin.
you meant to listen With working brain
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by sukar886: 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2023
All the Yoruba big shot the endorse obi, na only the urchins the endorse tinubu ... Obidients yorubas I hail you guys , one love , I bought fuel 400naira today and someone is talking about APC again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by texas1990(m): 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
Can you show us the Aire view of the full campaign? Cox I was there myself it was a big shame on the IBO's who can't close their shops to welcome their God, what a disappointment candidate.
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by Iyatostrong(f): 7:20pm On Jan 05, 2023
[quote author=Seefinish post=119739986]Wow!
Obidient Yorubas should tell us the meaning of Omowale.

Urchins are coming for the old man's head
[ Have you heard the story of a prodigal son. "Omowale" means prodigal son. Let me be a little explicity. Omo(son/daughter) wale( comes back home). Prodigal son having squandered his father's wealth in wild living and left in severe pains. Later came back to his father in tears for apology. Hence the name "omowale". Can we say Obi is a prodigal son now? ]
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by Iyatostrong(f): 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2023
[quote author=tuborme post=119742268]What does that mean?[ Prodigal son. Omo(son), wale(come back home). Juxtapose the words. Son come back home(omowale). From where? This question will lead us to the root of the name. Read the story of the prodigal son. ]
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by CaptainFM1: 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2023
Seefinish:
Wow!

Son has come home.
Or better put,

Our son has come home.
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by ubmech: 7:32pm On Jan 05, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

Shut up your mouth. Tribal bigot ronu

Nairaland is fast turning to tribal cesspit, the administrator are not doing anything to people that fans tribal rascality in this group, am afraid this is the beginning of the downfall of this place called nairaland if measures are not taken to curtail tribal abuses here
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2023
joyandfaith:

Most not all
continue deceiving yourself...
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by Shikini: 7:50pm On Jan 05, 2023
Great
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by OlawaleBammie: 7:53pm On Jan 05, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
Wise Yoruba are supporting the best
U mean the ones u said u re intimidating to do Ur will abi?? grin
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by hopexter(m): 7:54pm On Jan 05, 2023
kingmaster2009:

Dumb comment

It takes Epka Simeon alone to issue an order for his boy to make you observe sit at home on every Monday ....

You see how quickly you’ve deviated from the topic of discussion cos of your stupidity? You can’t handle the truth can you? Thief!
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by Obyino: 7:59pm On Jan 05, 2023
Tareq1105:

Listen to a pretender and liar?
Urchin free you mind so you be saved
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by Enumerator(m): 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
I tell you
Chiefwhip001:
Sane,educated, rich and well to do individuals are supporting Peter obi.
Tribalistic and wicked people are against Peter obi, light will surely triumph against darkness.
Peter obi Joor...
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by DispatcherLagos: 8:03pm On Jan 05, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
U mean the ones u said u re intimidating to do Ur will abi?? grin
Stop sniffing your grandma's pants
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by Theoarhics: 8:06pm On Jan 05, 2023
Na only people wey get sense dey support Obi..the idiots support other candidates
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by OlawaleBammie: 8:10pm On Jan 05, 2023
grin grin grin
I just want to greet u and also let u know that I am happy u re oppressed grin
By February, u will be depressed grin grin
And Ur depression will give me joy grin
DispatcherLagos:

Stop sniffing your grandma's pants
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by Dijita: 8:12pm On Jan 05, 2023
Omowale, Omoluabi or Omo whatever is not a title. It is a name. Afe Babalola is not a king or a Bale. He has no pedigree to confer title to anyone. If Afe Babalola wanted a title for Obi, he will have to approach the Ewi of Ado.

Omowale as you rightly commented is not a proper name to jubilate about. It is a name given to a child whose mother carry belle to someone else home that is not the father child. When the child grow up and learn he is a bastard and return to his real/ blood father home, the real father's people will welcome him with open hand and call him "Omowale"

May be Afe babalola knows what many of us did not know. He is a lawyer that have handled many cases, some of which may not be open to the public.

Iyatostrong:
Kikiikiki.
OMOWALE AND OMOLUABI.
As a yoruba woman i have to shed light on these names for zombidients before their jubilation..
(A missing word should be found with parable) "bi oro ba sonu owe la o fi wa"

THE ROOT OF "OMOWALE"
have you forgotten the story of a prodigal son?

let me quickly summarize it for a flash back.
a father and his two sons. The younger son demanded for his share of the father's wealth, of which he was given.
shortly after receiving his inheritance. He ran off home and squardered the inheritance in wild living. Having left with nothing and in severe pains in the street.
he came back home in tears and applogised to his father and the older son.
the father being a wise man pardoned him and said "OMOWALE" but never entrusted his weath to the prodigal son again.

in this case ,

YORUBA (FATHER).
OBI IS THE PRODIGAL SON( OMOWALE).
WHILE TINUBU IS THE OLDER AND REAL SON OF THE LAND( OMOLUABI).
we won't beat obi(omowale) but we'll never entrust power on him.
Our votes are for (OMOLUABI).
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by damosky12(m): 8:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
Seefinish:
Wow!

The (our) child returns home or

The (our) child comes home.
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by Seefinish: 8:25pm On Jan 05, 2023
oloripeter:
our child has come back home
beautiful
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by DispatcherLagos: 8:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
grin grin grin
I just want to greet u and also let u know that I am happy u re oppressed grin
By February, u will be depressed grin grin
And Ur depression will give me joy grin
Stop sniffing your grandma's yeast infested pants
Re: Afe Babalola Confers Peter Obi "Omowale" Of Ekiti At His TownHall Meeting by joyandfaith: 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
continue deceiving yourself...

Continue disturbing your brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose Undergoes Back Surgery (Photos/Video) / Nigerian Army Pulls Out Five Generals / MC Oluomo Recounts How He Survived, After Being Stabbed At APC Rally In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.