Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? (11026 Views)

Why Our Daily Living Is Becoming Less Fulfilling / Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary, Shares Secrets To Lasting Marriage / What Are The Ingredients Of A Lasting And Happy Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 27, 2011
Respect for each other, good communication & The fear of God
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by born2boink(m): 9:26am On Sep 27, 2011
call your spouse and discuss with her and try to give her
1. 5000 to 10,000 naira weekly allowance
2.20,000 to 30,000 monthly payment into her account

she will forever me yours
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 27, 2011
born2fuck:

Sensible reply. May God bless you, Mr Aliko Dangote
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by onlinedee(m): 9:45am On Sep 27, 2011
born2fuck:

When the money finishes so the relationship finishes too. What a fulfilling relationship needs is good communication, understanding and prayers.
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by born2boink(m): 10:12am On Sep 27, 2011
That is reason why relationship collapse the the secret to its success remain money so work and make money then relationship will be yours.
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by yogun(f): 10:38am On Sep 27, 2011
i think some posters have said it right and we'll continue to have deferring opinions on what will make a marriage long-lasting.

In my opinion, i think it is a lot of work and dedication. Because if not, you might find that things are falling apart even b4 it takes off.

I strongly believe in God and prayers cos Prayers can move mountains and turn situations in my favor so that's number one.

Tolerance plays a huge role too especially for women, you have to learn to "hold your tongue". Yes, it'll be tough if you are someone that likes to get it all out and say it as it is. I don't mean that you shldnt talk but you have to learn to know when to say it and how best to state it. Two wrongs can never make a right.

You have to learn to ignore in some cases negative words and actions. Just assume it wasn't said and deserves no response.

Always be at your best- kind word, loving action even when the person doesn't deserve it from you, take time to take care of urself very very very well- from your hair, skin, nails even toe nails and dress sense.

Money has a role to play but shldnt determine love and affection in the relationship. You shld love deeply without holding back in good and bad times. In some instances, the bad times could be more than the good times. You need to be courageous and pull urself together cos you will not be the first person in that situation or the last. The solution lies in how you handle the situation and most of the times, the solution is right in the middle of the crisis.

And again be careful, who you consult with during ur down moment. First of all, look up to God and ask for the Grace to go on. And if you have taken certain decisions in the past, that made unpleasant things to befall you, then it is time to change from the old ways.

All in All, it gets better over time with more work on the relationship. Adjustment on your perception of the other person and your response to situation. I learnt from my experience, you can never get a perfect person but can work on being the perfect person, which will over time influence on the other person. Give as much as U can and dont expect or demand unusually so U don't get disappointed.

grin grin grin
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by ikhideman(m): 10:42am On Sep 27, 2011
The foundation is very important! For long lasting and fulfilling relationships, I believe the God-kind of Love & the Wisdom of God(through the Holy Spirit) is what is required and ONLY those who Believe in God & His Son - Jesus, have the opportunity to utilise these. Believers who are struggling in their relationships are probably not utilising what they already possess. Ephesians1:3
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by atasteve: 11:23am On Sep 27, 2011
Foundation is fundamental. Is the relationship built on God and godly values?

If yes, then what you need to enjoy "forever" relationship is to be ready to sacrifice all for your partner. Difficult but possible and its the sure way to go.
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by claremont(m): 1:34pm On Sep 27, 2011
It may just well be that most people who seem to be very adept at giving relationship advice have suffered/are suffering from serious relationship issues; therein lies their source of experience.

@OP: There is no such thing as a "secret" to long-lasting relationship. The open secret which our ancestors used for centuries has been mutual compatibility, the sad fact is that this "secret" seems to have been thrown to the dogs by the current "love sick" generation!
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by onechance(m): 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2011
@horny4u, that was the best advice ever read about relationship, nice
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by Smartrizz: 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2011
In my opinion
God
Don’t keep vital information from your partner, because when is
discovered it drive trust away .
Let your ''Yes be Yes and No be No''
Reciprocate your partner’s love
Don’t take each other for granted.

I think is hard to endure/tolerate a cheating partner
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by ronkebp(f): 4:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
@ Poster

GOD., any other thing is just an addition.
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by achukwunet(f): 3:39am On Sep 28, 2011
Rbaby:

I believe it is T.L.C + GOD. T=Trust, L=Love, C=Committment and GOD=GOD

God has absolutely nothing to do with the way a relationship works. You have to put i in order to get results. Hard work and focusing towards your relationship are just a few key points that can help a relationship cheesy
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 28, 2011
//
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by ifyalways(f): 7:23am On Sep 28, 2011
@Achukwunet,you are right on point!

I have seen atheists enjoy the very best of marriage.If as a religious person you believe you need God for a wholesome and happy marriage thats good and fine,but to say all marriage won't survive without one or both of the couple believeing/acknowlwdging God is not TRUE.
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by onlinedee(m): 9:56am On Sep 28, 2011
@born2f*** . you just dont get it. Do you have money 24-7? What happens when there is no money? does money equal to love? or maybe you just think love is sex. love and relationship is much more than sex and money. A lot of people here has given a lot of good answers while some are just joking arround. I still stand on effective communication,understanding and prayers. ofcourse money is important but it is not the main thing, money beautifies the relationship but cannot sustain it. how many rich men and women do we know that has billions and yet they file for divorce?

@ifyalways, many things we do not understand is that God himself has given some principles which will work for you wether you are a believer or none beleiver. Amos3:3 is one very important key to success in marriage. So if the two atheist like you said are enjoying there marriage its because they are following the principle of agreement. Agreement covers almost everything,openess, communication, understanding, love , money, infact its so deep. have you not seen many rich men that are unbelivers and atheists and budhists? So it still boils down to God cos atleast it is God that has kept them alive and has put the principles in place for humanity to enjoy success.

1 Like

Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by Amjustme: 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2011
Know GOD first through Christ Jesus, HE will teach you all that you need.
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by tewoayo(m): 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2011
Thank you so much for all of you that has contributed to this thread.I want to say BIG thank you to CHAIRCOVER,IFYALWAYS,ONLINEDEE,YOGUN,CLAREMONT. YUor contributions are SUPERB.

I never knew that this TOPIC will generate a lot of interest like this.

Thanks again. I am expecting more of it.
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by tewoayo(m): 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2011
hello house,

i just want to  give you an update on the thread above.
I want to sincerely thank everybody that  contributed to the topic, and also to inform that your input has been put together as a ebook with additional input from a great and genuine source.

I will give out TWENTY copies of it for free. D tittle is  THE SECRETS TO LONG-LASTING AND FULFILLING RELATIONSHIP.
But, it will be on first come first serve. these free copies is for those that contributed.

If u need it,just send your email address to this address tewoayo2@gmail.com. Pls include your nairaland user name.

And if u need a copy but u didn't contribute, it will cost you a token of N3000.

Email me also.

Thanks.

You can also visit http://wwwgodlyhome..com
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by dramakwin(f): 8:31am On Oct 23, 2011
the secret to a long lasting and fulfilling relationship is God and patience
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by Adefajo2011: 8:38am On Oct 23, 2011
dramakwin:

the secret to a long lasting and fulfilling  relationship is God and patience
Re: What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships? by nnwniger: 9:14pm On Oct 23, 2011
Whatever you, include God, just try it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Runaway Sales Boy: What Do I Do? / Smart Tvs Available For Sale / The Marine Girl I Dated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.