Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,410 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang (7785 Views)

Aliyu Giwa, Nigerian Policeman Dapper Than Some Musicians (Photos) / APC Councillor In Ogun Admits Membership Of Kidnap Gang (photo) / My Experience With SARS Operatives In Ibadan; Another SOKA In The Making! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by Seun(m): 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2011
A six-man gang of kidnappers, accused of co-opting a police officer in their efforts to kidnap a London-based oil company worker identified simply as Engr. John, was smashed by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of the Lagos State Police Command during the week.

In their confessional statements, the gang members admitted that they contacted a police officer identified simply as Christian to be part of the kidnapping effort, but unknown to them, Christian simply brought in more policemen from SARS, who pretended to be working with the kidnappers until they were arrested.

Narrating their individual roles in the kidnapping attempt to The Nation, the suspects said they were shocked to the marrow when they discovered that the people they had recruited were police officers who were busy giving details of their kidnapping plans to the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Yakubu Alkali through the officer in charge of SARS, Abba Kyari, a Superintendent of Police, on a daily basis.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/saturday-magazine/crime-diary/18209-we-didn%E2%80%99t-know-the-people-we-asked-to-join-our-gang-were-policemen%E2%80%94kidnappers-arrested-by-sars-operatives.html

For once I'm proud of our security operatives.  What do you think?
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by okadaman2: 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2011
Seun:

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/saturday-magazine/crime-diary/18209-we-didn%E2%80%99t-know-the-people-we-asked-to-join-our-gang-were-policemen%E2%80%94kidnappers-arrested-by-sars-operatives.html

For once I'm proud of our security operatives.  What do you think?

Second time the Nigerian police service is making me proud in 2weeks.

I "dread" the day I'll have to start praising them o. embarassed   I'm so used to their incompetency.

Good job.
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by Osama10(m): 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2011
Hmmn.
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by dellnet: 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2011
They just slow but when they get the lead they are good at it.
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by 76Naira(m): 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2011
More of this please!
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by K0ala7(m): 7:27pm On Sep 03, 2011
Good News. But Nigerian Govt. is still gonna dissapoint us again. They should reward these officers in the public eye and see how many officers voluntarily begin their true duties as policemen in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by saintneo(m): 7:27pm On Sep 03, 2011
[size=98pt]+[/size]
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by Rastamann: 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2011
It is not that the Nigerian police do not know what to do and when to do it, its just that at times that "police spirit" interfers and disturbs them. This does not apply to Nigeria Police alone, most police in the world, especially the developing countries also behave in like manners.

But on this kudos to the Nigerian Police! You have done well.
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 03, 2011
Bloody lies!
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by HisMajesty1(m): 7:34pm On Sep 03, 2011
After the killing of dat attempted suicide bomber in Borno sometym last month or thereabout, i fink dis is the next gud news av heard abt dem(naija police), gud job anyway.
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by goldng: 7:37pm On Sep 03, 2011
Kudos to them, More power to their elbow.
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by iykemanuel(m): 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2011
this same skillachi can be used to solve most of our not me but nigerias security problems. U na well done ooooo.
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by White007(m): 8:00pm On Sep 03, 2011
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by friedrice1: 8:02pm On Sep 03, 2011
It seems it's only the Lagos State Police that get all the credits
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by jenuel: 8:26pm On Sep 03, 2011
Kudos to Lagos State Command. I want to know why each time somebody is kidnapped in Lagos or any part of northern Nigeria, the kidnappers are always arrested but the reverse is the case in the eastern part of the same country. Is the NPF not the same?
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2011
Kudos to my naija police
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by ossaisly(m): 8:50pm On Sep 03, 2011
kind of a film here 'sleepercell'. Its possible but hard to believe. I will investigate!
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by goggs(m): 9:11pm On Sep 03, 2011
i feel that the Nigerian Police CAN really do their jobs BUT the lure of money, corrupt bosses, inadequate tools and lack of motivation hampers the good ones. Imagine not uniform, no boot, no incentive, no walkie talkie, no fuel money, an oga that is breathing down his neck for his share of egunje, HOW ON EARTH will he perform? Impossible.

Why is it anytime Nigerian police go for UN duties they come tops in all departments? We need a forensic surgery in the force to weed out corrupt bosses, reward and celebrate success, give tools, encourage the public to be involved in security (community policing) and report bad behaviour, punish bad behaviour quickly and transparently, then things will start turning around. Police work is difficult, and like teaching, no one can pay real policemen who do their duties well cos they put their lives on the line for us all.While we sleep they are awake making sure they keep the society safe.

I just pray that in my life time Nigerian Police will be revert to what its supposed to be. AMEN!
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by kulutempa: 9:21pm On Sep 03, 2011
Good old classic undercover police tactics. Infiltrate the gang, get intelligence about their plans and round them up. These guys deserve to be decorated and promoted, because they have shown professionalism and high standards in a police force riddled with corruption and incompetence. Well done boys, we are proud of you.
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by cicero(m): 9:24pm On Sep 03, 2011
Great job police.
You guys should not rest though, it should be easy for you guys to make kidnap unattractive.
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:53pm On Sep 03, 2011
good, if true. but our policing still has a looooooong way to go to reach internationally acceptable standards. there is still too much lacking in the NPF to give us much faith in them. I hope they can improve from here on.

and they have to change that ugly uniform! it gives them this aura of unseriousness and non chalance.
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by Skii(m): 9:54pm On Sep 03, 2011
A london based oil worker, Engr John,
Its d pounds he would give the SARS guys behind the scenes
Abeg jo
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by Kolababa: 10:07pm On Sep 03, 2011
What do you expect, Lagos is the center of excellence so police in lagos should do excellent job.
If there is no political inteference, police will do their job but when politicians are involved,, police is inactive.
One thing is that criminality will not strive in any society if the people of the area so not aid and abet criminals. In Lagos and south west, kidnappers cannot see anybody to aid or abet them. Boko Haram strive in north because the local people aid and abet them in carrying out their satanic act.
PLEASE LET US EXPOSE CRIMINALS IN THE SOCIETY FOR SOCIETY TO BE CRIME FREE.
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by T8ksy(m): 10:16pm On Sep 03, 2011
the leader of the gang, Mr. Osundu Njoku (26), a native of Isu, Ebonyi State, Chinedu , Raphael Okoye (23) from Achalla, Awka North Local Government Area, Anambra state, Chinasa Ozoemena (21) from Achalla Awka North, Anambra State, Ugochukwu Nwaokike (24) resides at 2, Ifezue Street Fege in Onitsha South Local Government Area, Anambra State, The fifth suspect, Obiorah Ekejiuba (25) from Arondizuogu, Imo State, The sixth suspect, Ikeji Chukwudi, aged 21, lives at 31, Orji Street, Achara Layout, Enugu

Ndigbos and their kidnapping business.

Erm, i tire for dis "jews of africa o" shocked
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by Galaxy7: 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2011
O! REPENTANCE,HOW SWEET IS THY NAME,I pray that heart full of devotion without attachment to duty be permanent in their lives, AMEN
BIG GBOSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  To my faithful police officers for their brain work.more grease!
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by Galaxy7: 10:29pm On Sep 03, 2011
Dear T8,Do you believe that in every twelve there must be Judas? if ya y do u condemn the guilty alongside with the innocent? "NDIGBOS AND THEIR KKKKKBUSSS"
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by mekaboy(m): 10:30pm On Sep 03, 2011

YOU DID NOT GIVE THE NAME OF THE OFFICERS TO KNOW IF HE IS PART OF NDI IGBO. LOL
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by deadie(m): 10:36pm On Sep 03, 2011
The poster is a policeman, don't mind him grin
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by T8ksy(m): 11:14pm On Sep 03, 2011
mekaboy:

YOU DID NOT GIVE THE NAME OF THE OFFICERS TO KNOW IF HE IS PART OF NDI IGBO. LOL

Irrelevant as all the actual perpetuators were NDIGBOS!!!

Why can't you guys confine your dirty kidnapping habit to your "land of the rising sun"?
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by atasteve: 12:14am On Sep 04, 2011
Under ground Policing, so proud of you NPF smiley
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by inuyashi: 12:49am On Sep 04, 2011
The Guys deserve promotion to encourage them do more. Those Guys who rescued Mekel's father at Kano should also be rewarded.
With the support of the people the police is heading for better achievements to make the job and the country proud.
Re: Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang by hugooh42(m): 1:26am On Sep 04, 2011
But on a second thought,why would they single out that particular policeman"Christian" to be contacted for the job? It may be has done some dirty jobs for someone before or he has a bad reputation as a policeman.Anyway thank God he had a change of heart this time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola Commissions 11 Projects In Badagry And Ojo / What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? / See What Happens When Service Chiefs See Buhari (pic) - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.