Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,806 members, 7,813,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

5 Things You Need To Protect In 2o23 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Things You Need To Protect In 2o23 (305 Views)

Install A Car Tracking Device Today To Protect Your Family And Your Vehicle. / "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child / Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Need To Protect In 2o23 by Unitybiz: 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
Re: 5 Things You Need To Protect In 2o23 by pansophist(m): 3:37pm On Jan 06, 2023
I didn't watch the video but this got me thinking. These are the five things I think you should protect in 2023.

1. Your peace of mind.
Anything that will stress you, please subtract, minus, eliminate, disenfranchise, and dismantle it away from your life. Things such as friends that your only usefulness to them is billing, or renting a big place you can't pay for. Life no hard my guy, just cut your coat according to your size.

2. Respect yourself.
If you are not invited, don't go. If a person ghosts you or blocks you on social media, don't ask why, accept it. Treat yourself with respect (eg eat healthy foods and work out).

Don't force things. You can be the best package but sent to the wrong address. Some people will not like you, and it's okay. You don't even like everybody, and that's also okay. Acceptance comes from within. An egg grows from inside out, not outside in.

3. Protect your energy.
Don't engage in unproductive activities such as fighting, yabbing, gossiping, jaywalking, or trying to prove yourself. Just be, and reserve your energies for things that truly matter.

4. No ''Pepper-dem'' mentality.
Nigeria is increasingly becoming unsafe, so don't enter even a bigger problem because you want to show off. The people you are trying to pepper probably hate you at worse, or strategize ways to beg you at best, of which none are in your interest.

And most importantly, people that like to show off always forget one thing. You are just one calamity away from being broke than an almajiri. Just one car accident, emergency eviction, false accusation, a sick family member, etc, then you realize how dead broke you are. Healthcare is not free in `Nigeria, remember;

5. Awesome life offline;
Your social media life should be poor compared to your real life, sad that most people do the opposite. If your name on insta is ''sexy bootilicious twista'', but your mama needs 5k for medicine, you are an idiot. A very big idiot that deserves a thunderous slap from a soldier.

Your social media life should be broke, but in real life, my guy, ball very well, but keep number four in mind. Ball in peace, but don't pepper others, you don't need it.

Happy new year.

31 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Need To Protect In 2o23 by IwasNeverGone: 3:46pm On Jan 06, 2023
pansophist:
I didn't watch the video but this got me thinking. These are the five things I think you should protect in 2023.

1. Your peace of mind.
Anything that will stress you, please subtract, minus, eliminate, disenfranchise, and dismantle it away from your life. Things such as friends that your only usefulness to them is billing, or renting a big place you can't pay for. Life no hard my guy, just cut your coat according to your size.

2. Respect yourself.
If you are not invited, don't go. If a person ghosts you or blocks you on social media, don't ask why, accept it. Treat yourself with respect (eg eat healthy foods and work out).

3. Protect your energy.
Don't engage in unproductive activities such as fighting, yabbing, gossiping, jaywalking, or trying to prove yourself. Just be, and reserve your energies for things that truly matter.

4. No ''Pepper-dem'' mentality.
Nigeria is increasingly becoming unsafe, so don't enter even a bigger problem because you want to show off. The people you are trying to pepper probably hate you at worse, or strategize ways to beg you at best, of which none are in your interest.

And most importantly, people that like to show off always forget one thing. You are just one calamity away from being broke than an almajiri. Just one car accident, emergency eviction, false accusation, a sick family member, etc, then you realize how dead broke you are. Healthcare is not free in `Nigeria, remember;

5. Awesome life offline;
Your social media life should be poor compared to your real life, sad that most people do the opposite. If your name on insta is ''sexy bootilicious twista'', but your mama needs 5k for medicine, you are an idiot. A very big idiot that deserves a thunderous slap from a soldier.

Your social media life should be broke, but in real life, my guy, ball very well, but keep number four in mind. Ball in peace, but don't pepper others, you don't need it.

Happy new year.
Words, real words from a real man

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Need To Protect In 2o23 by CaveAdullam: 9:27pm On Jan 06, 2023
1. Your life: ensure to stay in a safe environment. Especially in areas with people roughly at the same level as you. Avoid residents with panic crime rates.

2. Energy: only engage in productive activities.
Don't stress yourself with humans this year. Jesus Christ did it and he died on the cross. Except you know you are fit to accomplish the same.

Don't argue. Learn to quickly spot dúmb people and ignore them. Reserve your energy for people better than you. For rational folks.

3. Your money: don't spend lavishly. If you always feel guilty after spending, you should know that you don't need that good/service next time.

Don't spend to impress.

Don't spend to prove a point.

4. Your health: have a good time for resting. Your goals are dependent on your health status. Don't jeopardize it.

5. Protect the people you love. It doesn't mean you should put your life on the war front or defend them stupidly. Be able to guard and coach them. They have their own volition to decide which path to take.

6. Protect your properties. You may have the money to buy more, however, being careless comes at a cost of losing a thing you can't easily buy. You once treasure them, continue.

7. Protect your time. Have a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule. Lay down goals. Have strategic plans on how you can achieve those goals. If you shoot aimlessly, you'll waste your bullets without hitting your target.

8. Protect your soul from corruption. Don't get involved in activities that'll vitiate your conscience, sullen your character, and make you look like a parody in the future.

Identify what's right and do it. Know the truth, and practice it. Seek wisdom and you shall find.

9. Protect yourself from manipulators cum predators. Wisdom helps you identify them. They act friendly to siphon you. They are wolves in sheep's clothing waiting patiently when you are asleep and weak. Avoid these people.

Thanks.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Need To Protect In 2o23 by virginboy1(m): 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2023
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Carpet Rug For Sale / . / Kitchen Wares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.