Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

"Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child (25318 Views)

Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) / Things People Who Lived In Face To Face Houses Can Relate To / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by dayo229: 5:06pm On Nov 20, 2019
There are many stereotypes that come with being the youngest child in the family although not always necessarily true. Considered the 'runt of the litter', the youngest siblings gets away with a lot and are always considered 'the baby of the family'.

Keep reading for things you can relate to if you are the youngest sibling.

1. You get away with more

Every youngest sibling knows that they get away with more than their eldest siblings can imagine. Parents tend to be less strict by the time they have their last child having had parenting experience with the older children. Due to the leniency, youngest siblings are able to push the limits on rules in a way that their older ones couldn't.

2. Scared of getting attacked

More often than not, younger means weaker so there is always that constant fear of being bullied or teased by an older sibling. Whether is is the fear being roughhoused or talked back at, older siblings pose a threat.

3. You're always referred To As "the Baby"

You will always be the baby of the family no matter your age. Whether you're five, 10, 21, or 64, your mother will always introduce you to her friends as "the baby." And, unfortunately, this is usually accompanied by the infamous cheek pinching.

4. Your wardrobe is full of hand-me-downs

Youngest siblings have a wardrobe filled majorly with hand-me-downs from older siblings but the bright side of this is that it teaches you how to make the best with the least.

5. Older siblings always have your back

You may argue often with your older siblings or get into fights with them but when push comes to shove, they got you. They are always there to offer assistance and guidance so that you don't end up making the same mistakes they did.

Source:
https://www.denland.site/2019/11/5-things-you-can-relate-to-as-youngest.html?m=1

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by anthonyuncle(m): 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2019
you forgot da feeling of "mum and dad gat my back against my siblings"

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by nlPoster: 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2019
Every child has their own challenge regardless of birth order.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 20, 2019
Nope, I'm the last child and I can't relate with 2 and 4. I have never been afraid to speak my mind and I didn't wear handme downs, my mother always bought the same things for my immediate elder sister and I.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2019
Thats one sad story grin grin
Flier:
Our last born is yet to recieve sense at the age of 32

And for the eldest putting meat under the rice, in between the rice and finally ontop the rice then walk like a boss with three pieces of meat. grin

88 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Nobody: 6:10am On Nov 21, 2019
Hehe am like the spy cam of the house back then, immediately my parents return from work i will spill everything dat happened while they are at work lol.

My elder siblings dislike me for that so they start to tease me and sideline me from deals, na so me get sense to keep shut. When they return from work ask me who broke that? I'll just say i don't know o.

As the last born, i spoil so tey i no sabi wash clothes until when reality sets in. My sisters won't let me do anything other than play ball and watch cartoons. I love them all till forever.

126 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 21, 2019
I'm the last born but i sincerely can't relate to any of these

19 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by englishmart(m): 6:11am On Nov 21, 2019
Our last born is the most troublesome yet most lovely lastborn on Earth. On Monday she met me and said "brother remember your promise o. Then I was like "which promise?"
"You said you will give me money to buy something in school. " She said. I gave her some money #100. On Wednesday she came again, "brother remember your promise" which promise again? I replied smiling because I know that's her new gimmick. I no promise you anything no disturb me. Okay, oya buy me apples.
Just yesterday she told me that their church will be going for a program in Kaduna and the coordinator says they should have some pocket money with them. Which Kaduna are you talking about? That road isn't safe Nitori Amadioha
undecided undecided

95 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by jaido09: 6:13am On Nov 21, 2019
Correct apart from no. 2. I was a terror growing up.

1 Like

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Hotzone(m): 6:13am On Nov 21, 2019
I am last man standing but didn’t get any of these.....street incorporates

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Flier: 6:14am On Nov 21, 2019

32 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by toscolee(m): 6:15am On Nov 21, 2019
6. You are always wrong and the older siblings right because "don't you have respect?", They are older.

31 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by sassiemyk: 6:17am On Nov 21, 2019
My dear some of us had to hit the ground running. Last born ke, hunger go wire you if u dey wait for hand me downs or protection, no pop or mom to cry to. Oyo can be the case sometimes my brother

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by abumeinben(m): 6:17am On Nov 21, 2019
Las LA's, na you go wash plates, sweep, run errands tire.

angry

75 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Kkings11: 6:18am On Nov 21, 2019
We gat your back

1 Like

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by helinues: 6:18am On Nov 21, 2019
These are not applicable in Nigeria

Copy paste bloggers
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Debaiz: 6:21am On Nov 21, 2019
Not applicable to me
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by lonelydora: 6:21am On Nov 21, 2019
Last Borns after washing plate and spoon, and Mummy enters the house. grin grin

Mummy: You people will kill my child for me oo. Why are you leaving all the chores for him?

For ordinary plate and spoon oo

Last Born, sweet shaa. Whatever you ask, will be provided.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by SolexxBarry(m): 6:21am On Nov 21, 2019
I am the full stop,but all these seems like mission impossible to me,never got any

3 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by bigiyaro(m): 6:22am On Nov 21, 2019
Flier:
I feel u bro

8 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by BitmapStudios: 6:23am On Nov 21, 2019
Funny but true. The most annoying is you just teasing them on the face and they start screaming and shouting as if you used 4iron to hit them on the head. And then, your parents charg in like DSS.
cool

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Remarkable: 6:24am On Nov 21, 2019
Ewo
Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Angeldada55(m): 6:27am On Nov 21, 2019
As I no come be last born nko ?

Iffa talk now, pesin go say I no dey relate.

Hit like if you are the second in the family...

8 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by LaCremy: 6:27am On Nov 21, 2019
Not true entirely shaa, elder siblings bullying then but can't try that now as I no dey gree.

Hand down - I don't like wearing other people's clothing, I don't like that smell.

All in all, elder siblings na scam. Always disrespectful, proud and wanna control you up and down.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by digicoon: 6:27am On Nov 21, 2019
Ok! Not entirely true, the last born in my family can't be bullied even when I try to, she go challenge me seriously.

Learn how to find international buyers of cocoa, cashew, cotton, rubber, garlic, ginger, etc from the comfort of your home.
Find these agro products very cheap and in large quantity for export from the comfort of your room. All these and more information has been put together in a PDF File for only 1,050 NGR. DOWNLOAD NOW HERE

2 Likes

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by rajeshpahan222: 6:28am On Nov 21, 2019
I'm the last child and I can't relate with 2 and 4. I have never been afraid to speak my mind and I didn't wear hand-me downs, my mother always bought the same things for my immediate elder sister and I.<a href="https://www.motivational-quotes.tech">motivational quotes</a>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child by Valwezzy: 6:28am On Nov 21, 2019
I'm actually the firstborn.

You forgot to add (6) They're very stubborn too, especially the males.

My Kid bro is stubborn as f**k, always down to argue and raise his voice. At times, i do tell him that as a man, talking too much just to pass your message across isn't good.

But Dude is also very brilliant

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids / Widow's Sons Arrested For Beating Her Young Boyfriend - VI, Lagos / Woman Abandons Her Child At A Catholic Church In Delta (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.