Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,423 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) (48772 Views)

Ihordspy Definition Of Tinubu's "Gazelle Gagaraga" Was Wrong. / “Gazelle Gagaraga”: Tinubu Has Lost It - Sowore / “Gazelle Gagaraga”: Tinubu Suffers Gaffe Talking About Yahoo Boys In Edo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Jagabanfromcali: 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2023
This is really a shame , I mean see what poverty have reduced this one to, blablu grgrgrgrgaaa gazselll damn a wasted life

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by asanausana91: 6:31pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Gazettengr.com was where the news of supposedly Tinubu's gaffee emanatted from before been spread like widefire by people who only takes pleasure in making mockery of the APC presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According to their report, it reads "Yahoo boys’ in local parlance means internet fraudsters but The Gazette could not immediately find the meaning of the terminology gazelle gagaraga, despite searches in major dictionaries and thesaurus."

The news here: https://www.nairaland.com/7511552/gazelle-gagaraga-tinubu-suffers-gaffe

But what Gazettengr failed to understand is that there is no stated rules or law that you must communicate with words from 'major dictionaries or thesaurus' in political rallies.

The meaning of gazelle gagaraga
There is what we call gara gara in yoruba. It means unstable or unsettled. Same as the pidgin slang 'gragra' .

We also have the word gagara (ga-ga-ra) or gagaraga (gaga-raga) used by Tinubu which means boastful, pompous, inflated, proud, made, self-important, domineering, pendantic, or magniloquence.

The south-westerners can relate; the yorubas to be specific. There is a street word: Igara (I-gara) which is derive from or shortform of gagara or gagaraga it also means boastful, inflated, proud etc. (as aforementioned)

We normally use it like 'Igara chicken': Which translate to boastful empty chicken which is only covered by plenty feathers.

Or 'Igara iceblock' which means boastful or proud iceblock which will only end up as water.
These words are local street words or slangs.

Gazelle
A gazelle is one of many antelope species in the genus Gazella. With a horn, Gazelles are known as swift animals.

when we use the word gazelle to refer to person or group of people. It means Proud person, something that dont stay one place easily, something that changes location swiftly. Reason why when we say someone is growing gazelle horn ' it means the person is becoming proud"

So Tinubu saying he is going to “turn so called yahoo yahoo boys into in manufacturing and creation of than being gazelle gagaraga.”

Means he is going to change them from a
b]boastful proud unsettled[/b]
yahoo-yahoo boys to a product manufacturer and an intelligent creator.

Living and learning, dont be always quick to criticise or make fun of what you dont know.
Mynd44 nlfpmod
are you this foolish? Must you lie before you can get Tinubu corrupt money?
You guys covered a man without secondary school,
You covered a man with theft Identity
You covered a man who is mentally unstable.
You covered a man that stole someone's picture claiming his.
what else are you going to defend so that the crumbs will keep on coming?
Whatever Tinubu is giving you today, you will pay in thousands tomorrow.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by PrinceOfLagos: 6:31pm On Jan 06, 2023
You're shameless

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by asanausana91: 6:39pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

In yoruba. Gragra is refer to as gara gara . Ask around.
there is different between gara gara and gagaraga.
Can you also explain the meaning babaaabu bulaba? Who knows maybe Tinubu will increase your crumbs.

13 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Buziness101: 6:46pm On Jan 06, 2023
The more this foolish urchins are defending their foolish candidate Tinubu, the more he keeps embarrassing himself and his defenders.... It's a pity

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by asanausana91: 6:47pm On Jan 06, 2023
undisputedKOC:
Very intelligent post. I agree with this. Makes too much sense. Keep it up!
when a foolish son meet his father.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by softy(m): 6:48pm On Jan 06, 2023
alsudan:
I no envy you, this your job no easy.

There is no word in real Yoruba Language that is "Gagaraga"

But there is a word like 'Gagara' which describes ANIMALS ( gazelle, deer, cows and Ileya Ram) which evidently has big tall with or without branched horns. Gagara literally means very tall and mighty. Gagara could also be used to describe a mansion, tall buildings, Hills and Mountain.

Gagaraga could be a new slang formed by the creator.

Igara is a street language as said. It means very proud

3 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 06, 2023
Ihordspy I dont know why you're now avoiding the stupid the thread you created now you're embarrassed by your foolishness...you must explain why tinubu licked that mic and stole peoples pictures

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 6:50pm On Jan 06, 2023
softy:

There is no word in real Yoruba Language that is "Gagaraga"

But there is a word like 'Gagara' which describes ANIMALS ( gazelle, deer, cows and Ileya Ram) which evidently has big tall with or without branched horns. Gagara literally means very tall and mighty. Gagara could also be used to describe a mansion, tall buildings, Hills and Mountain.

Gagaraga could be a new slang formed by the creator.

Igara is a street language as said. It means very proud

You are not a yoruba. So quit saying nonsense.

Ga-ga-ra. If you tell somebody in yoruba.
" O se apa gagara "

It means he is raising his shoulder. That implies been proud.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2023
Reinaldo:

Koni dafun explanation. Eti fi ori gbagi.

Criminals

Ori yin ti daru, sir.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 6:52pm On Jan 06, 2023
asanausana91:
are you this foolish? Must you lie before you can get Tinubu corrupt money?
You guys covered a man without secondary school,
You covered a man with theft Identity
You covered a man who is mentally unstable.
You covered a man that stole someone's picture claiming his.
what else are you going to defend so that the crumbs will keep on coming?
Whatever Tinubu is giving you today, you will pay in thousands tomorrow.

Please react to the main thread and stop digressing. We are talking about the accussation of gaffe on tinubu. Leave his identity theft alone.

Stop trying to dodge.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Ori yin ti daru, sir.

Answer the questions that you have been asked instead of deflecting to insults

7 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 6:53pm On Jan 06, 2023
m4una:
Op Listen again from the original copy

Please tell me what he said again.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by robinzaga(m): 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Dont be stupid. I am trying to cure you of your ignorance. To pull you out of the sea of stupidity.

Dont criticise what you have zero idea about. Gazelle gagaraga is very correct.

SHUT UP

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2023
Tokskob2008:
Lol..... abeg I just dey laugh like small pikin sha grin grin

This is just beyond anything I have ever witnessed before even as a Yoruba person wey i be, I'm still wondering what the hell is Gara Gara

Now having to infuse it into an English sentence for the listening hear of the whole word is just laughable

When you refer to somebody as behaving 'gara-gara" ... It means unstable and unsettled.

O nse gara gara bi ewure.

Means behaving unsettled like goat.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by robinzaga(m): 6:56pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Gazettengr.com was where the news of supposedly Tinubu's gaffee emanatted from before been spread like wildfire by people who only takes pleasure in making mockery of the APC presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According to their report, it reads "Yahoo boys’ in local parlance means internet fraudsters but The Gazette could not immediately find the meaning of the terminology gazelle gagaraga, despite searches in major dictionaries and thesaurus."

The news here: https://www.nairaland.com/7511552/gazelle-gagaraga-tinubu-suffers-gaffe

But what Gazettengr failed to understand is that there is no stated rules or law that you must communicate with words from 'major dictionaries or thesaurus' in political rallies.

The meaning of gazelle gagaraga
There is what we call gara gara in yoruba. It means unstable or unsettled. Same as the pidgin slang 'gragra' .

We also have the word gagara (ga-ga-ra) or gagaraga (gaga-raga) used by Tinubu which means boastful, pompous, inflated, proud, made, self-important, domineering, pendantic, or magniloquence.

The south-westerners can relate; the yorubas to be specific. There is a street word: Igara (I-gara) which is derive from or shortform of gagara or gagaraga it also means boastful, inflated, proud etc. (as aforementioned)

We normally use it like 'Igara chicken': Which translate to boastful empty chicken which is only covered by plenty feathers.

Or 'Igara iceblock' which means boastful or proud iceblock which will only end up as water.
These words are local street words or slangs.

Gazelle
A gazelle is one of many antelope species in the genus Gazella. With a horn, Gazelles are known as swift animals.

when we use the word gazelle to refer to person or group of people. It means Proud person, something that dont stay one place easily, something that changes location swiftly. Reason why when we say someone is growing gazelle horn ' it means the person is becoming proud"

So Tinubu saying he is going to “turn so called yahoo yahoo boys into in manufacturing and creation of than being gazelle gagaraga.”

Means he is going to change them from a boastful proud unsettled yahoo-yahoo boys to a product manufacturer and an intelligent creator.

Living and learning, dont be always quick to criticise or make fun of what you dont know.
Mynd44 nlfpmod

SHUT UP

3 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by robinzaga(m): 6:56pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

When you refer to somebody as behaving 'gara-gara" ... It means unstable and unsettled.

SHUT UP

4 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2023
robinzaga:

SHUT UP

Problem with Igbos. They hardly want to learn.

Please stay off my mention, nu!sance.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by robinzaga(m): 6:59pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

You are not a yoruba. So quit saying nonsense.

Ga-ga-ra. If you tell somebody in yoruba.
" O se apa gagara "

It means he is raising his shoulder. That implies been proud.

SHUT UP.
Is Garaga same as Garagaga

7 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 6:59pm On Jan 06, 2023
Reinaldo:

Koni dafun aye explanation. Eti fi ori gbagi. Awon ti Aro

Criminals

Werey don go google small yoruba.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by robinzaga(m): 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2023
[quote author=lhordspy post=119779340]

Problem with Igbos. They hardly want to learn.

Please stay off my mention, nu!sance.

Ipob kee you there.

SHUT UP

4 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2023
robinzaga:

SHUT UP.
Is Garaga same as Garagaga

Gagaraga is same as garagara and
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by asanausana91: 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Please react to the main thread and stop digressing. We are talking about the accussation of gaffe on tinubu. Leave his identity theft alone.

Stop trying to dodge.
ok , can you please explain to us why he was licking the mic?
Can you also explain the meaning of babaaabu bulaba?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 7:01pm On Jan 06, 2023
asanausana91:
ok , can you please explain to us why he was licking the mic?
Can you also explain the meaning of babaaabu bulaba?

Ok .

I just okayed you. Now please stay off my mention.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by robinzaga(m): 7:02pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Gagaraga is same as garagara and

SHUT UP.
Oya explain testing the microphone and tasting the microphone.

Am actually doing you a favour. Yes this is a faceless community but stop embarrassing yourself in public. Oya I don add please.

PLEASE SHUT UP

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by robinzaga(m): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Ok .

SHUT UP.
Until you shut up, we won't stay off your mention.

6 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by robinzaga(m): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

SHUT UP

6 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Ok .

Answer the question it's not a difficult one

3 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by plaindealer: 7:06pm On Jan 06, 2023
Asiwaju is an innovative and very intelligent man, a man of words and knowledge, sadly, what many Nigerians do not understand and can not intelligently comprehend, they call a blunder, a sad reflection of their own poor understanding and ignorance.

I remember the Bulaba noise, which was basically Asiwaju saying your silly townhall was rubbish, it's like saying blah blah, he was actually ridiculing their silly townhall.

Asiwaju is always a million miles ahead hence the name Aswiaju, the leader, the head of the pack.

God Bless Asiwaju Tinubu

The Great Jagaban of the Universe.

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by robinzaga(m): 7:06pm On Jan 06, 2023
undisputedKOC:
Very intelligent post. I agree with this. Makes too much sense. Keep it up!

Please I beg you with everything you hold dear.

SHUT UP.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna / Peter Obi 1-Million-Man Rally In Aba, Abia State (Pictures) / A White Lady On Tiktok Looking For A Townhall Different From Balablu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.