Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Which Is More Expensive? DDR Or Showline German Shepherd? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Which Is More Expensive? DDR Or Showline German Shepherd? (622 Views)

Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds / CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) / Diarry Of Capt. Muller (my DDR GSD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is More Expensive? DDR Or Showline German Shepherd? by SosaSosa: 4:12pm On Jan 06, 2023
I'm about to buy my first dog.

I heard Nairaland has many top breeders we have in this country. So, I have registered to ask some important questions about dog.

I am about buying my first dog. I want to venture into dog breeding and specialize in just one line of German Shepherd.

The problem now is I don't know which is more lucrative.

DDR Working (Eastern German Shepherd) line or Showline?

1. Which of these two is more healthy?

2. Which of these two has the most expensive litters or puppies?

3. Which of these two is less likely to die?

4. Which of these two is good for a beginner like me?

Re: Which Is More Expensive? DDR Or Showline German Shepherd? by SosaSosa: 4:29pm On Jan 06, 2023
@Joge64 @PeraGSDshowline @Itawon @RYEOFARMS @Amizzy48 @samtobbie @oluomoadebayo @Ebonyoyas and many other top breeders.

I summon you to give your input
Re: Which Is More Expensive? DDR Or Showline German Shepherd? by SosaSosa: 4:36pm On Jan 06, 2023
@ptony @Bobbysaxy @Haroldjunior @Jteewhy @Doxarised

I summon you guys to the High Table!
Re: Which Is More Expensive? DDR Or Showline German Shepherd? by SosaSosa: 4:53pm On Jan 06, 2023
@Taystee and @elkharpone

What do you have to say?
Re: Which Is More Expensive? DDR Or Showline German Shepherd? by Taystee: 6:57pm On Jan 06, 2023
SosaSosa:
@Taystee and @elkharpone

What do you have to say?

Showline gsd are more expensive than the workingline gsd...

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Expensive? DDR Or Showline German Shepherd? by RYEOFARMS(m): 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2023
1. When it comes to health issues no bloodline is exempted
That’s where the importance of pedigree comes in so you get to know which health issues a particular lineage is prone to
It doesn’t pertain to whether it’s a workingline or a showline

2.when we’re talking about actual workingline and showlines the prices are virtually in the same range regardless of whether workingline or showline
Stefan ulf sold pups from his last (workingline) litter 400k per pup the same most showlines go for even sometimes more
Same as Nvyfarms his was lesser a bit I think cos I made enquiries back then
Household sells pups 300,350k an above (workingline)

3.hmm there’s no warranty like that oo
Just study the dog’s pedigree to know what and what health issues the individual’s family/bloodline has and handle your pups properly it doesn’t matter whether na showline/workingline
Most deaths are due to improper handling or ignorance

4.For me any of the two is perfect but if you don’t have what it takes to handle the drive and energy of a workingline you can opt for a showline

I hope I’ve don’t justice to your questions in a way a layman can understand for better explanation if anything is not clear
Chat me up on WhatsApp:08026396089

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Expensive? DDR Or Showline German Shepherd? by amizzy48(m): 5:02am On Jan 07, 2023
Both are expensive , price for a ddr or show line varies depending on pedigree on the parents.
If you are getting any of these for breeding purpose then go for pedigree long coated showline Gsd cos they have more demand here in the Nigeria dog market compare to the ddr , but if want a dog that is energetic with alot drive and still suitable for breeding purposes then ddr is the best bet

Health wise in terms of ddr or showline all depends on you care for the dog in terms of proper feeding , regular vaccination and deworming etc.

Both showline or ddr Gsd are good for beginners cos Gsd generally are easy to train and handle though u might need space so they can run and do their activities . The ddr are working dogs if you don't engaged them with activity like running , daily walk etc they tend to be destructive . This activities help them in burning out those energy.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Expensive? DDR Or Showline German Shepherd? by ebonyoyas(m): 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2023
Nice choice of breed .. none of the aforementioned is cheap .. Talking abt litter.. quality of pups wuld determine how much the pups wuld be sold .. however price is also dependent on the owner of the pups.
Abt likelihood of death .. no one can ascertain how long a dog wuld live.. care, routine vet check up and quality of food wuld go a long way in determining dat factor.
For a beginner.. " both" shuld be cool.. cheers

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Alsatian Dog Needed / Need A Dog In Edo State / Careful Who You Let With You Pet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.