Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds (63094 Views)

Police Officers Stopped By Two Rottweilers In Owerri (Video) / CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) / Diarry Of Capt. Muller (my DDR GSD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 7:58pm On Jun 11, 2018
I know I'm not a very good talker, or should I say writer in this case, so instead of doing a diary I'm going to be doing a photo gallery instead. Less talk and more pictures!

I currently have 4 dogs in my family - 2 Rottweilers (male and female) and 2 working line German Shepherds (male and female) - and below are their current profiles:

1. Spike - 1 year old male Rottweiler
2. Chelsea (the 2nd) - 6 month old female Rottweiler
3. Czar - 5 month old male German Shepherd (DDR bloodline)
4. Bella - 4 month old female German Shepherd (DDR bloodline)

Now I've had 2 other dogs apart from the ones listed above in the past, but lost them to one illness or the other, so you may also see them in some of the pictures I'll be sharing with you on this thread.

Please join me as we follow the growth and development of my family!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
angry
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 8:07pm On Jun 11, 2018
Spike @ 5 weeks. Sent someone to get a rott for me and he got me a 5 week old puppy. This boy could cry all night, non stop...my neighbours even complained about the noise then... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 8:17pm On Jun 11, 2018
FortifiedCity:
angry
wink Ahhhh Ahhhhhh, cool down na bros...I'm just getting warmed up!
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2018
Close up shot...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2018
More of Spike @ 5 weeks...

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2018
Look @ that head... cheesy

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 8:58pm On Jun 11, 2018
Spike with my late Caucasian Simba...

Lost Simba when he was almost 6 months old to what I now strongly believe to have been Tick Fever. He was our first family dog.

Spike was so small when he was brought home compared to Simba. I had never seen a puppy that tiny before Spike...he was almost the size of a rat but fearless I must add and very agile and athletic even at that age. He never stood down to Simba, who was 3 times his size and had already claimed the house as his territory...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 9:01pm On Jun 11, 2018
embarassed Late Simba...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by dawaxkydada: 9:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
Pictures of them at the present age

3 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by 14teenK: 9:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
The late cauc is just too cute

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
dawaxkydada:
Pictures of them at the present age
Not so fast na cheesy...we will eventually get there...let's take it one step at a time for now pleaeaease!

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 9:55pm On Jun 11, 2018
14teenK:
The late cauc is just too cute
Thanks man! He was such a sweetheart... loved by the entire family...my heart bled when I found him lying lifeless in the night just outside my room window. It seemed as if he actually tried to call out to me for help before he eventually collapsed and passed on...

20 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 7:54am On Jun 12, 2018
Good morning Petlanders!
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 7:56am On Jun 12, 2018
Chelsea (the 2nd) @ 8 weeks - breeder/seller's photo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 8:18am On Jun 12, 2018
Got Chelsea (the 2nd) from a Nairalander. I must say I wasn't too impressed when I finally got to see her in flesh. She looked lean and her head wasn't as prominent as those of my 1st 2 rotts. I felt she must either have been the runt of her litter, under fed or just not of the same standard as my 1st two. She felt quite heavy for her age though, despite looking so thin.

She came with tail intact and also had a deformity at the end of her tail...I called the seller shortly after receiving her via waybill to let him know about my observations for which he reassured me and sent me pictures of her supposed parents. Guess I took his word for it and kept her still, fingers crossed!

I fondly call her 'the 2nd' because obviously there was a 'Chelsea' before her. Unfortunately, lost the 1st to Parvo when she was just 3 months old. The 2nd was basically a replacement though totally different from the 1st in terms of looks and temperament.

Got both from same Nairalander, by the way...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 8:38am On Jun 12, 2018
Here is a picture of late Chelsea. Head was quite big, with large paws and exceptionally large for a 6 week old rott. She was quite bigger than Spike was at same age...she was fearless and very playful with family members, but never tolerated strangers even at such a young age. To this day, she's been our only dog that barked at strangers before the age of 3 months.

We expected great things from this girl, but sadly Parvo struck and cut her down before she even had a chance to shine. I still remember how wifey reacted when I told her that Chelsea was gone...It was like she had just lost her own child...she literally wept (actually shed tears) and couldn't get out of bed all day.

RIP baby girl...you're still very much in our hearts!

32 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 10:18am On Jun 12, 2018
More of late Chelsea...

2 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 10:26am On Jun 12, 2018
Chelsea (the 1st)...

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by TIDDOLL(m): 10:33am On Jun 12, 2018
Following..... cheesy
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 10:39am On Jun 12, 2018
TIDDOLL:
Following..... cheesy
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 11:08am On Jun 12, 2018
Now back to Chelsea (the 2nd), never forgetting about the 1st of course...

Like I mentioned earlier, she came with her tail intact which was on its own a big turn off for me, but the fact that the tail was also deformed easily convinced me that I had to do something about that.

So in essence it was tail docking time and I did it at home by myself as humanely as I could manage.

1st I anaesthetized the tail, then tied it really tight with an elastic band just after the anal opening.

Then after 1 week I noticed the tail was lifeless, so I then used a bone cutting forceps to snap off the dead tail, of course after applying anaesthesia on the live part of the tail just before the elastic band.

Had to do it this way because she was quite old for docking, tail bones were already hard, and I also didn't want her to bleed much during the procedure...well luckily there was no bleeding at all.

After that it was daily application of an antiseptic wound spray until the tail stump was completely healed.

8 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 11:11am On Jun 12, 2018
Chelsea (the 2nd) with her tail tied...

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 11:17am On Jun 12, 2018
Chelsea - No Pain, No Gain...the things we go through for our loved ones!

3 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 4:33pm On Jun 12, 2018
Now meet Czar of Household - Sire Tom of Household, Grandsire Bullet of Household!

Unfortunately, I don't know the name of Czar's Dam, never asked, though I got to see her picture before paying for Czar.

Below is breeder's (Household's) photo of Czar @ 5 weeks I believe. Fell in love with him the moment I saw this picture...

Czar is a black and tan, blanket back, long coated GSD with massive head and big bones!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 4:42pm On Jun 12, 2018
Czar's sire...Tom of Household!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
Czar's grandsire...Late Bullet of Household!

4 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2018
More of Czar...

8 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 4:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
Definitely one to watch out for...expecting great things from this boy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by donshaize(m): 6:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
Following

How old is czar now
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Tochex101(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2018
Beautiful thread, thanks for blessing us with such lovely pictures and narratives.....

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Please What Breed Of Dog Is This ? / Stray Dog Begs 2 Russian Men To Save Her Puppy Covered In Tar (Pictures, Video) / Dog Lovers And Owners Join EndSARS Protest In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.