Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not (4033 Views)

Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? / How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea / Thinking Of Going To Mars? This Land Rover Vehicle Is A Perfect Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by onlinediva: 6:35pm On Jan 06, 2023
The function and effect of the catalytic converter in a car or vehicle are essential and cannot just be overlooked because it helps reduce harmful gasses produced by the vehicle. But because it has precious metal in them which could be used for so many things like bullets, catalytic converters are stolen from cars or vehicles these days.

Even when you take your car or vehicle to any mechanic workshop, do check your car or vehicle to be very sure that its catalytic converter has not been stolen. The fastest and easiest way to know is upon sighting check engine light which wasn't there before you took your car or vehicle to the workshop on the cluster at your vehicle's dashboard.

Aside from that, you can scan your vehicle with OBD II auto scanner or fault detector to know. You can as well ask any panel beater to remove the exhaust housing the catalytic converter to check.

Also, note that some criminal elements use what they call ...

Continue reading here => https://www.autosandcartalk.com/threads/how-to-check-if-the-catalytic-converter-of-your-car-or-vehicle-is-present-or-stolen.394/
Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by onlinediva: 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2023
Take note
Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by Afolabibukola09: 8:58pm On Jan 07, 2023
Thanks for sharing, it is really helpful.

What code will the OBD scanner show if the catalyst is missing in the vehicle?
Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by onlinediva: 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2023
Afolabibukola09:

You are welcome. Can't remember right now but a good scanner will describe its absence if the likes of spacer wasn't used.
Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by Afolabibukola09: 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2023
Thanks for your response, I scanned my car today and got the errors in the attachment.

Does anyone indicate missing catalyst?
Kindly help interprete.

Thanks.

Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by onlinediva: 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2023
Afolabibukola09:
Thanks for your response, I scanned my car today and got the errors in the attachment.

Kindly help interprete.

Thanks.

This is not saying anything about catalyst.
Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by vivalavida(m): 9:54am On Jan 08, 2023
Afolabibukola09:

Kindly help interprete.

Thanks.
Are you experiencing high fuel consumption? One of your oxygen sensors is in that scan result.
Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by onlinediva: 10:29am On Jan 11, 2023
More
Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by onlinediva: 3:43pm On Feb 02, 2023
See
Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by onlinediva: 9:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
cool
Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by onlinediva: 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2023
Check well
Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by onlinediva: 12:50pm On May 14, 2023
B
Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by Coolgent(m): 6:43am On May 15, 2023
Afolabibukola09:

Kindly help interprete.

Thanks.

02 sensor malfunction (the one after catalyst)
Replace it first, then it will detect wether catalyst is working perfectly or not.

Take your vehicle to a qualified mechanic not road side quacks.

2 Likes

Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by onlinediva: 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
Coolgent:

Replace it first, then it will detect wether catalyst is working perfectly or not.

Perfect!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by Twilight2: 12:02am On Aug 02, 2023
Please do you know any better mechanic close to Iyana-Paja or Ikeja axis?

I need to diagnose my car
Coolgent:

Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by Coolgent(m): 9:36am On Aug 02, 2023
Twilight2:
Please do you know any better mechanic close to Iyana-Paja or Ikeja axis?

I need to diagnose my car

No i don't, but Gazzuzz can assist.
Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by onlinediva: 10:54pm On Jan 04
Valid
Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by senator2k9(m): 7:41pm On Jan 07
Afolabibukola09:

P0420 stands for “Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1).

It could be bank 1 or bank 2 depends on which of the catalyst is bad or Absent.
Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by senator2k9(m): 7:42pm On Jan 07
Are u experiencing any difficulty with your car.?ranging from Engine, transmission, electrical, cooling system, fuel consumption or suspension problems, kindly follow our page and ask any questions. You will get a professional response and recommendation promptly.

https://www.instagram.com/autos_inspector_general_abuja?igsh=MTd6a2VlbW12cG5jMA%3D%3D&utm_source=qr

Facebook :
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090433257112&mibextid=ZbWKwL

WhatsApp channel : https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaIyAiWGU3BLv5mPVp1z

08034059397 whatsapp

Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by Emir411: 9:39pm On Jan 07
P0420, p0430 are the catalytic converter codes.
Re: How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not by onlinediva: 9:56pm On Jan 07
Emir411:
P0420, p0430 are the catalytic converter codes.

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Top 10 Fuel Efficient Cars In Nigeria? / Mileage Milestone / 2006 BMW 325i Vs 2005 Mercedes Benz C240.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.