Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,045 members, 7,835,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, “render To Caesar What Is Caesar’s”? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, “render To Caesar What Is Caesar’s”? (761 Views)

What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? / Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? / What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, “render To Caesar What Is Caesar’s”? by Kobojunkie: 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2023
Michael547:

Where did the Kingdom arrive to and In what form?
The Kingdom of God is the agreement that God promised to make with the House of Israel and as Jesus Christ made clear, it was ratified by the Shedding of His blood - Matthew 26 vs 24 - 30. undecided
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, “render To Caesar What Is Caesar’s”? by Kobojunkie: 11:42pm On Jan 06, 2023
Michael547:
■You claimed that the Kingdom of God is inside of those who are born again.

■The Pharisees In luke 17:20, 21, were they born again or part of Jesus Disciples for the kingdom to be inside them?
1. I didn't claim! Instead, Jesus Christ said it is. undecided

2. I don't know and I don't see why or how it matters as it doesn't change any of that which Jesus Christ said. What I know is that His teachings and commandments apply as far as all those who belong in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, “render To Caesar What Is Caesar’s”? by Michael547(m): 12:03am On Jan 07, 2023
2. I don't know and I don't see why or how it matters as it doesn't change any of that which Jesus Christ said. What I know is that His teachings and commandments apply as far as all those who belong in the Kingdom of God. undecided[/quote]

It matters because you claim from luke 17: 20, 21 that Jesus meant that the kingdom of God is just an experience that one who is born again feels by the spirit. Whereas the people Jesus were referring to were not born again.
Infact Jesus said that the Pharisees would not enter into the kingdom in Matthew 23:13.
So how could the location of God's kingdom merely be in someone's heart.
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, “render To Caesar What Is Caesar’s”? by Michael547(m): 12:04am On Jan 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I didn't claim! Instead, Jesus Christ said it is. undecided

2. I don't know and I don't see why or how it matters as it doesn't change any of that which Jesus Christ said. What I know is that His teachings and commandments apply as far as all those who belong in the Kingdom of God. undecided
It matters because you claim from luke 17: 20, 21 that Jesus meant that the kingdom of God is just an experience that one who is born again feels by the spirit. Whereas the people Jesus were referring to were not born again.
Infact Jesus said that the Pharisees would not enter into the kingdom in Matthew 23:13.
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, “render To Caesar What Is Caesar’s”? by Kobojunkie: 12:15am On Jan 07, 2023
Michael547:
■It matters because you claim from luke 17: 20, 21 that Jesus meant that the kingdom of God is just an experience that one who is born again feels by the spirit.
■ Whereas the people Jesus were referring to were not born again.
■ Infact Jesus said that the Pharisees would not enter into the kingdom in Matthew 23:13.
is this possibly a comprehension problem or what?. undecided

1. I suggest you open and read Luke 17 vs 20 - 21 before you continue. Cause what you keep insisting on does not make sense. undecided

2. When Jesus Christ said, in Matthew 23 vs 8- 10, that He alone is Teacher, Master and Head over those who belong to Him, He was also addressing the Pharisees and Saducees, are we to ignore His Words there, and in many other places in the Gospels because His words were not spoken directly at His 12 disciples instead?? undecided

3. undecided
■But the same Jesus Christ is written to have said that in the same Matthew that the violent had been taking the Kingdom by force since the time of John the Baptist, in reference to those who enter without accepting His teachings.
■ Jesus Christ is also recorded to have told the Pharisees that the prostitutes and tax collectors proceed before them into the Kingdom of God.
■So, surely when Jesus Christ said the Pharisees would not enter the Kingdom, He meant the Kingdom of Heaven
■ He also taught that one has to have righteousness greater than that of the Pharisees in order to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. undecided
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, “render To Caesar What Is Caesar’s”? by Michael547(m): 12:21am On Jan 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
is this possibly a comprehension problem or what?. undecided

1. I suggest you open and read Luke 17 vs 20 - 21 before you continue. Cause what you keep insisting on does not make sense. undecided

2. When Jesus Christ said, in Matthew 23 vs 8- 10, that He alone is Teacher, Master and Head over those who belong to Him, He was also addressing the Pharisees and Saducees, are we to ignore His Words there, and in many other places in the Gospels because His words were not spoken directly at His 12 disciples instead?? undecided

3. undecided
■But the same Jesus Christ is written to have said that in the same Matthew that the violent had been taking the Kingdom by force since the time of John the Baptist, in reference to those who enter without accepting His teachings.
■ Jesus Christ is also recorded to have told the Pharisees that the prostitutes and tax collectors proceed before them into the Kingdom of God. ■So, surely when Jesus Christ said the Pharisees would not enter the Kingdom, He meant the Kingdom of Heaven
■ He also taught that one has to have righteousness greater than that of the Pharisees in order to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. undecided
So where is the location of the Kingdom of Heaven.
Inside those born again or in heaven? Where?
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, “render To Caesar What Is Caesar’s”? by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On Jan 07, 2023
Michael547:
So where is the location of the Kingdom of Heaven. Inside those born again or in heaven? Where?
Read Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 where you possibly learn that Heaven(Eternal Reward) and Hell(Eternal damnation) aren't until after Jesus Christ returns and judges all those who are in His flock... aka those who are born-again. undecided
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, “render To Caesar What Is Caesar’s”? by Michael547(m): 12:31am On Jan 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Read Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 where you possibly learn that Heaven(Eternal Reward) and Hell(Eternal damnation) aren't until after Jesus Christ returns and judges all those who are in His flock... aka those who are born-again. undecided
Matthew 25:31 to 46 simply explains that only the righteous would inherit God's kingdom and those who do not obey God would be destroyed.
So does this support the idea that the kingdom of God is on earth already or in people?
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, “render To Caesar What Is Caesar’s”? by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Jan 07, 2023
Michael547:
■Matthew 25:31 to 46 simply explains that only the righteous would inherit God's kingdom and those who do not obey God would be destroyed.
■So does this support the idea that the kingdom of God is on earth already or in people?
1. undecided

2. So your doubt is in whether Jesus Christ meant it or not when He said, 2000 years ago, "God’s kingdom is here with you !"? undecided
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, “render To Caesar What Is Caesar’s”? by Michael547(m): 1:06am On Jan 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. undecided

2. So your doubt is in whether Jesus Christ meant it or not when He said, 2000 years ago, "God’s kingdom is here with you !"? undecided

In Luke 17: 20, 21 Jesus was not saying that the kingdom of God merely resides in people but was implying that as king of that kingdom, he was right there representing the kingdom in their presence or in their midst. But the Pharisees could not acknowledge that because they had no faith in him and were looking for a spectacular sign.

Matthew 4:17 confirms that God's kingdom is in heaven.

Luke 22:28, 30 Jesus promised his disciples that they would sit on thrones in the kingdom of God in heaven.

Matthew 20:20-23 Jesus Disciples were concerned about which position to sit beside Jesus in the Kingdom of God. Which would have made no sense if the kingdom was just something inside of them.

Matthew 23:34 shows that one has to be judged righteous by Jesus to inherit the kingdom.

Matthew 23:13 and Matthew 25:46 proves that not everyone can inherit the kingdom.
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, “render To Caesar What Is Caesar’s”? by Kobojunkie: 1:28am On Jan 07, 2023
Michael547:
■In Luke 17: 20, 21 Jesus was not saying that the kingdom of God merely resides in people but was implying that as king of that kingdom, he was right there representing the kingdom in their presence or in their midst. But the Pharisees could not acknowledge that because they had no faith in him and were looking for a spectacular sign.
■Matthew 4:17 confirms that God's kingdom is in heaven.
■Luke 22:28, 30 Jesus promised his disciples that they would sit on thrones in the kingdom of God in heaven.
■Matthew 20:20-23 Jesus Disciples were concerned about which position to sit beside Jesus in the Kingdom of God. Which would have made no sense if the kingdom was just something inside of them. Matthew 23:34 shows that one has to be judged righteous by Jesus to inherit the kingdom. Matthew 23:13 and Matthew 25:46 proves that not everyone can inherit the kingdom.
1. I am afraid this does not make any sense considering what is in fact written. Let's leave the Pharisees out of this at this point since this clearly isn't about their doubts but yours. Try not to apply what are your private interpretations and instead allow the text to read itself to you. See, the image below to confirm that Jesus Christ in fact meant the Kingdom of God in that context. undecided

2. I am afraid Matthew 4 vs 17 says no such as you claim there. undecided
17 From that time Jesus began to tell people his message: “Change your hearts and lives, because God’s kingdom is now very near. - Matthew 4 vs 17

3. Luke 22 simply mentions that Jesus Christ gave His followers the authority to rule with Him in the Kingdom of the Father, not Heaven alone. undecided
24 Later, the apostles began to argue about which one of them was the most important.
25 But Jesus said to them, “The kings of the world rule over their people, and those who have authority over others want to be called ‘the great providers for the people.’
26 But you must not be like that. The one with the most authority among you should act as if he is the least important. The one who leads should be like one who serves.
27 Who is more important: the one serving or the one sitting at the table being served? Everyone thinks it’s the one being served, right? But I have been with you as the one who serves.
28 “You men have stayed with me through many struggles.
29 So I give you authority to rule with me in the kingdom the Father has given me.
30 You will eat and drink at my table in that kingdom. You will sit on thrones and judge the twelve tribes of Israel. - Luke 22 vs 24 - 30
4. And then Jesus Christ also informed you in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 that the Kingdom which is King and ruler over consists of both Heaven and Hell. Basically, He is King over Heaven and King over Hell both of them in the jurisdiction that is the Kingdom of God. Additionally, Jesus Christ confirmed that Heaven(eternal reward) is indeed the reward/inheritance that awaits the righteous and that Hell(eternal damnation) is the punishment for those who are unrighteous in His Kingdom. So, should we abandon this and every other mention that suggests that the Kingdom of God is more than just about Heaven alone because you want instead to believe it is only about Heaven? Or something like that? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Too Much Money By Apostle Johnson Suleman (powerful Way To Make Money) / Do You Want To Be Born Again? / The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.