Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors (5897 Views)

Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun / Buratai Awarding $444k Contract To Girlfriend, Maryam - Jackson Ude Accuses / Ganduje Inspects Two Mega Projects To Be Commissioned By Buhari Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by Antoeni(m): 4:50am On Jan 07, 2023
Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, has advised the new board of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) not to give projects to portfolio or political contractors, but to competent ones who will stick to delivering quality and enduring work.

Governor Wike gave the advice when the new Chairman of the NDDC board, Mrs. Lauretta Onochie, led other members of the board on a courtesy visit to him at Government House, Port Harcourt on Friday, according to a statement by the governor’s Special Adviser on Media, Kelvin Ebiri.

“There are what we call regional development projects that can link up two states. Those are the kind of things NDDC should go for and give to competent contractors. Leave these political contractors. Leave all these portfolio contractors. Leave them alone. You have come to my state and you have seen what I have done.

“If I didn’t use Julius Berger and had used these political contractors, you won’t have seen anything here. Of course, you know how expensive Julius Berger is. From 2019 till now, we have done 12 flyovers by Julius Berger. You know how much we are talking about and you can replicate that. Even though they are expensive, you’ll see the value,” Wike said.

While further advising the NDDC new Board Chairman to do things differently, Wike said such difference should be the adoption of a regional development approach that will strictly commit to the holistic development of Niger Delta States.

“I read what you said that things will be done differently. I want to believe that you’re sincere,” the governor said. “Sometimes, I feel ashamed of where I come from. We talk about underdevelopment, but look at the amount of money that has passed through NDDC, then look at the projects on the ground.”

In her address, Onochie said they visited to formally introduced themselves to Wike as the governor of their landlord state (NDDC headquarters is located in Rivers).

Mrs. Onochie noted the remarkable quality of infrastructure delivered by the administration of Governor Wike that has transformed the entire landscape of Rivers State.

“It has been an exciting moment for all of us here, and particularly myself being that I lived briefly in Port Harcourt before my youth service and I wedded in Port Harcourt. Then, thereafter, I kept coming back and Port Harcourt was still Port Harcourt,” she added.

“But, I have come back now and I cannot believe my eyes. I can’t recognise it anywhere else. The development that has taken place in Port Harcourt, let me speak about the one I have seen, is amazing and it’s brilliant. And I want to thank you.”

She said they came to ask for guidance and seek his advice on how best the new board could break away from the provision of poor services and projects known of NDDC and replicate his quality project-delivering mantra across the region.

“We are here to ask for your guidance. You have said and known, and you have spoken about the poor services that NDDC has been known for. Trillions of Naira have been pumped into this commission and we have little or nothing to show for it. We are here now, very determined to do things differently,” Onochie added.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/01/06/dont-use-political-contractors-projects-wike-tells-nddc-board/amp/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by Antoeni(m): 4:52am On Jan 07, 2023
Emperor Wike The Atiku’s Nightmare Has Spoken

13 Likes

Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by Fortruth: 5:19am On Jan 07, 2023
Antoeni:

He needs to go and sit down somewhere. He’s a failure, and a Tout who you cant make out most of what he even says…..

He could have united his people, region, and regions, but he was just a pretender, when all the while he’s in bed with everyone….

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by seguno2: 5:53am On Jan 07, 2023
Antoeni:

Distorted narrative of the sore loser?
Are you not mistaking Atiku for Wike, the one who allowed his myopic thinking and selfishness destroy micro zoning to the SE

2023: PDP and politics of healing Wike’s self-inflicted injury

Then, the race began in earnest for three years now, reaching a frenzy with the works of the two PDP committees on zoning. The first was the Gov Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi committee on the zoning of the PDP party offices. The Ugwuanyi committee quickly told the world the committee’s assignment did not cover zoning the office of the president. Though this was true, the question is: why didn’t the Ugwuanyi committee zone the PDP chairmanship to the North without aligning it to the divide that would produce the PDP presidential flag-bearer? The second committee headed by Gov Samuel Ortom of Benue state was specifically on the zoning of the presidential ticket and, with the votes of the representatives of all the 17 Southern states without any exception, the Committee unanimously recommended throwing open the PDP presidential ticket, which the PDP NEC simply upheld.

One thing irrefutably stands out – Wike shot himself in the leg. Here was a man who had an overarching influence on both committees but could not insist that the ticket be zoned South. Many had wondered why? The reason is also relatively in plain sight: the Southeast factor. As the clamour for zoning of the presidential ticket of the PDP to South reached its crescendo, many had pointed out the fact that though the PDP Constitution had prescribed zoning of the office of the president to be between North and South since the South-west and South-south had taken their turns in producing the president and the vice in this current dispensation in the persons of Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan, zoning this time around, should not just be to the South but the Southeast.

Atiku Abubakar went a step further by offering to step down from the race if it would be agreed that the touted zoning to the South would mean micro-zoning to the Southeast. Wike and the rest could not take the Atiku challenge maybe because Atiku would likely back Peter Obi, who was his vice-presidential running mate in 2019 and an ally. The prospects of Peter Obi picking the ticket if PDP zoned South was so real compelling Wike to go for an open contest, believing he could pick it up ahead of Atiku, Tambuwal and Bala Mohammed, given his large war chest.

https://www.thecable.ng/2023-pdp-and-politics-of-healing-wikes-self-inflicted-injury/amp

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by 1x2x3: 6:01am On Jan 07, 2023
Fortruth:

He needs to go and sit down somewhere. He’s a failure, and a Tout who you cant make out most of what he even says…..

He could have united his people, region, and regions, but he was just a pretender, when all the while he’s in bed with everyone….

Wike is a failure? Point out what he said that you can't make out or what you think is wrong with his statement. Stop giving contracts to political contractors, Wike is saying exactly what he did to transform his state, the same thing in Awka-Ibom where majority of the amazing roads were handled by Julius Berger compared to the horrible constructions done by few political contractors in the same state.

You should learn to read with open mind rather than with hatred.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by Sammy07: 6:02am On Jan 07, 2023
NDDC only did few projects in southern Ondo.

We don't feel their impacts here lipsrsealed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by arantess: 6:04am On Jan 07, 2023
Antoeni:
Stop praising these men

It's them against the masses

Nigerians future is at stake, no be play play matter

1 Like

Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by Fortruth: 6:05am On Jan 07, 2023
1x2x3:

Wike is a failure? Point out what he said that you can't make out or what you think is wrong with his statement. Stop giving contracts to political contractors, Wike is saying exactly what he did to transform his state, the same thing in Awka-Ibom where majority of the amazing roads were handled by Julius Berger compared to the horrible constructions done by few political contractors in the same state.

Your Guy BE TOUT.

They are just playing tricks on your minds, to give you people an illusion of inclusion. Wike is a criminal, a murderer, and a staunch member of both APC/PDP cabal. He knows the story, and you are talking story story…..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by 1x2x3: 6:19am On Jan 07, 2023
Fortruth:

Your Guy BE TOUT.

They are just playing tricks on your minds, to give you people an illusion of inclusion. Wike is a criminal, a murderer, and a staunch member of both APC/PDP cabal. He knows the story, and you are talking story story…..

I judge by what I see and not by hatred. If you are proud of your state, please mention it and I can confidently tell you Wike has outperformed your governor in folds but that doesn't seem to be your concern.

10 Likes

Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by highchief1: 6:21am On Jan 07, 2023
1x2x3:

bro u have to learn not to reply everybody.the level of weed and codeine this boys take these days is not what u and I can deal with.

8 Likes

Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by highchief1: 6:23am On Jan 07, 2023
Fortruth:

Your Guy BE TOUT.

tramadol comment.May God deliver u bro.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by honestivo(m): 6:25am On Jan 07, 2023
But he Wike is the number 1 culprit , in Rivers even university admission, jobs is political

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by AtikuOkowa: 6:26am On Jan 07, 2023
No more noises
PDP calms him down
Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by Fortruth: 6:29am On Jan 07, 2023
highchief1:
tramadol comment.May God deliver u bro.

I rebuke you in his name

Anyway How come when most people from “Rivers” speak, e be like say dem talk talk with no point like below :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1rVRQ-wtAU

LOL “RIVERS” state. You be River?
Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by AmazingELixir: 6:43am On Jan 07, 2023
Fortruth:

Coming from someone his tenth generation can not achieve a tenth of what Wike has accomplished.

Sorry pathetic and frustrated humanoid all over this platform. Keep hating on someone who doesn't even know if you exist.

3 Likes

Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by Fortruth: 6:47am On Jan 07, 2023
AmazingELixir:

Coming from someone his tenth generation can not achieve a tenth of what Wike has accomplished.

Sorry pathetic and frustrated humanoid all over this platform. Keep hating on someone who doesn't even know if you exist.

I care if he knows I exist… does he know you exist or your papa dem?

PDP saved Wike from further embarrassment on a bigger stage… They dont trust una….Whether its Odili, Amaechi, or Wike…. You kill your people, sabotage your kinsmen, deceive, and later you think they will give you Vice Presidency Ticket- No, they cannot…

They dont trust una…
Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by AmazingELixir: 7:01am On Jan 07, 2023
Fortruth:

I care if he knows I exist… does he know you exist or your papa dem?

PDP saved Wike from further embarrassment on a bigger stage… They dont trust una….Whether its Odili, Amaechi, or Wike…. You kill your people, sabotage your kinsmen, deceive, and later you think they will give you Vice Presidency Ticket- No, they cannot…

They dont trust una…

Lolzz you're just an embittered Ipob apologist....from your statement I see the decisive way Wike dealt with those miscreants and terrorists at Oyigbo is still giving you sleepless nights.

Well sorry Wike or Rivers people owe you no apology, the state is safer today because of Wike's firm and resolute posture to rid the state of the same disease of violence and chaos that is prevalent in your region.

So keep on wailing and hating on all Wike's related thread it will change nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by 1x2x3: 8:05am On Jan 07, 2023
highchief1:
bro u have to learn not to reply everybody.the level of weed and codeine this boys take these days is not what u and I can deal with.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy thank bro. I just tire for some type of things I see here.

1 Like

Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by Elibaba1: 9:09am On Jan 07, 2023
1x2x3:

I judge by what I see and not by hatred. If you are proud of your state, please mention it and I can confidently tell you Wike has outperformed your governor in folds but that doesn't seem to be your concern.

Guy, what is making Wike kind of good is because other 13% derivation govs did not expend their resources in projects like Wike. You see, With what Rivers generate as IGR and subventions from the FG that state is supposed to be structured like the beautiful Kenyan capital “Nairobi” come to states with oil like Gombe state and see what we call development without any resources. In fact Ganduje has outperformed Wike. Ganduje commissioned the longest flyover bridge in Africa without noise. Any 1k-2km tiny road that Wike is about to flag off or commission Baba go call Arise news, AIT,Channels, TVC , Joy news etc to show the world he is about to do something. Badaru is commissioning internal road networks in Dutse (Jigawa) capital every week. Well, I am not sure you know that Jigawa has more tarred nyroads than Rivers because you don’t travel . I mean nylon roads o not that cement and gravels in Rivers state. Yet Badaru never call any media man to show the world he is commissioning anything. Those are the peoples Governors. I don’t like noise makers!!!!!!!!!!

P.S= I have stayed in all the 36 states of Nigeria. Before you argue with me make sure you’ve been to atleast 30 states abeg.
Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by techWriter3: 9:11am On Jan 07, 2023
Emperor Wike The politician ’s Nightmare been Spoken
Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by Allisgud: 9:17am On Jan 07, 2023
After reading what wike stated,I see that wike is a no nonsense and truthful person

1 Like

Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by Okoroawusa: 9:27am On Jan 07, 2023
honestivo:
But he Wike is the number 1 culprit , in Rivers even university admission, jobs is political
So you want Wike to be the governor and at the same time be the VC of the university?
The problem with Nigeria is that we want a new Nigeria without a new us as a people.
Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by ebuclassic18(m): 10:23am On Jan 07, 2023
But that's what he does,giving contracts to his political friends
Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by Eddaman77(m): 10:48am On Jan 07, 2023
Whoever is handling Wike’s cyberspace is top notch, i give it to him/her, in all honesty.
Re: Wike To NDDC: Stop Awarding Projects To Portfolio, Political Contractors by JoeNL22(m): 12:43am On Jan 08, 2023
This man below will ensure that never happens

(1) (Reply)

Gas Supply Constraints May Worsen As NLNG Embarks On Plant Maintenance Feb 2024 / National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan / Hurricane Sandy: Will Nigeria Learn From The Emergency Response Plan Of USA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.