Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,503 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? (1565 Views)

How To Start Car Tracking Installation Business / I Want To Start Car Dealerships / Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by TheOldGods: 9:34am On Jan 07, 2023
I have been freelancing for a while and have made some money for myself. Animation or Motion design has only been my source of income, which is bad, I plan to start another business here in Nigeria. And I want to start car importation. However, I am a novice at this. I visited AuctioExport.com to search for cars and I can see salvaged and clean cars. The salvaged ones have a lot of work to do and are very cheap, but the clean cars are way more expensive but clean. I saw a 2012 corolla for 5.5 million, including the shipping, But how do I calculate the Customs fees? Are custom fees paid in naira or dollars? is it at the black market or the official rate?

My questions are
* What are the best ways I can ship the cars cheaper
* Are there any websites I can get these cars Cheaper?
*Should I buy salvaged cars and repair them?
Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by yrhuhfy113: 9:36am On Jan 07, 2023
TheOldGods:
I have been freelancing for a while and have made some money for myself. Animation or Motion design has only been my source of income, which is bad, I plan to start another business here in Nigeria. And I want to start car importation. However, I am a novice at this. I visited AuctioExport.com to search for cars and I can see salvaged and clean cars. The salvaged ones have a lot of work to do and are very cheap, but the clean cars are way more expensive but clean. I saw a 2012 corolla for 5.5 million, including the shipping, But how do I calculate the Customs fees? Are custom fees paid in naira or dollars? is it at the black market or the official rate?

My questions are

You are looking for free info... you may not find it here sir.. YOU MAY NEED TO GO AND PAY FOR A COURSE ON CAR IMPORTATION... but one website I will give you is

iaai(DOT)com

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH but don't venture into this kind of business without strong mentorship and serious connections

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by TheOldGods: 9:38am On Jan 07, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

You are looking for free info... you may not find it here sir.. YOU MAY NEED TO GO AND PAY FOR A COURSE ON CAR IMPORTATION... but one website I will give you is

iaai(DOT)com

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH but don't venture into this kind of business without strong mentorship and serious connections
Is tthat your website?
Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by yrhuhfy113: 9:40am On Jan 07, 2023
TheOldGods:
Is tthat your website?

It is a general website for car importation sir... you could have found it yourself if you did proper research on youtube

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by kutyaxci: 5:37am On Apr 04, 2023
I am also a freelancer. I make whiteboard animation videos on Fiverr and Upwork. Would love to discuss with you about freelancing.
What platforms do you freelance on?
About the car importation business, I just imported one (rather in the process) but I've bought it from the auction on coparts. If you're in abuja, I can link you up with my friend who's a dealer and is helping with mine.
Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by kutyaxci: 5:39am On Apr 04, 2023
I am also a freelancer. I make whiteboard animation videos on Fiverr and Upwork. Would love to discuss with you about freelancing.
About the car importation business, I just imported one (rather in the process) but I've bought it from the auction on coparts. If you're in abuja, I can link you up with my friend who's a dealer and is helping with mine.
Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by kutyaxci: 5:40am On Apr 04, 2023
TheOldGods:

My questions are

Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by NewWorldOrder20: 7:55am On Apr 04, 2023
kutyaxci:
I am not trying to import but I want to buy a car with low budget, I don't know if you or your dealer friend might have suitable car with my budget
Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by TheOldGods: 8:44am On Apr 04, 2023
kutyaxci:

that seems great. Send me an email
Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by Rescuemania(m): 9:34am On Apr 04, 2023
Buying vehicles isn't a problem if you follow the right channel for buying, shipping and clearing of your cars, if you don't have any reliable and trusted person abroad I will strongly advise you to look for someone in the importation field. I'm into clearing and forwarding business here in Tincan Apapa wharf Lagos. You can reach out to me for more information details.
Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by princely4ever: 11:28am On Apr 04, 2023
You have to pay a dealer fee to be registered and start bidding. Did you fulfil this part?
Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by kutyaxci: 10:23am On Apr 05, 2023
TheOldGods:
that seems great. Send me an email Info@chesteronah.com

Okay, thanks. I’ve sent you an email.
Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by kutyaxci: 10:24am On Apr 05, 2023
NewWorldOrder20:

I am not trying to import but I want to buy a car with low budget, I don't know if you or your dealer friend might have suitable car with my budget

You want to buy a Nigerian used car or foreign used? What’s your budget?
Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by NewWorldOrder20: 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2023
kutyaxci:

You want to buy a Nigerian used car or foreign used? What’s your budget?
Foreign oo
Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by azunlimited(m): 7:51am On Apr 06, 2023
TheOldGods:

My questions are

I’m about to embark on the same journey, i found that most expert won’t teach and guide you for free, you’ll either find an importer close to you to guide you or pay someone to walk you through the process

I have been able to find a coach both free and paid, if you dont mind lets create a starter group where we all learn together for free, I’ll share all info gathered, others can too

Isholasocial@gmail.com for whatsapp group chat

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by Mobog(m): 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2023
Please add me up also on adebobolaji@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by folamee: 1:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
azunlimited:

I’m about to embark on the same journey, i found that most expert won’t teach and guide you for free, you’ll either find an importer close to you to guide you or pay someone to walk you through the process

I have been able to find a coach both free and paid, if you dont mind lets create a starter group where we all learn together for free, I’ll share all info gathered, others

Isholasocial@gmail.com for whatsapp group chat
pls I am interested, pls here is my email olaitanfolake88@gmail.com thanks
Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by Cheunshow: 12:44pm On May 04, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7076638/cheap-cars-u.squote author=NewWorldOrder20 post=122316124] Foreign oo[/quote]
Re: I Want To Start Car Importation Business Any Advice? by Pointatob: 11:45pm On May 07, 2023
That auction export guy buys from copart or iaa in the US here bro you too can buy directly from the auction just contact me Pointatobrentals@gmail.com I'm a car hauler in the US .

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advice: Infinity QX4, Honda CRV and Toyota Rav4 / Help Needed On A Transmission Related Issue. / See What Nearly Ran Me Wild

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.