Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,116 members, 7,811,136 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

The Price For The Midland - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Price For The Midland (348 Views)

The Price Of Birth / You Beat Your Wife You Pay The Price. You Win A Fight, You Get The Price / Win $100 In Afriforum Price For Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Price For The Midland by Ejune(m): 7:20pm On Jan 07, 2023
This'll be my first time posting a subject here, maybe I'm not doing it right, so forgive any error....I'm just making this post here to see if I'm getting it right.....I have a story to tell....not a fantasy story, or a story packed with suspense; it's just a story of old age that hasn't been told before.
Re: The Price For The Midland by Ejune(m): 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2023
"We are all gathered here today to settle our differences, they've been enough bloodshed through out all the lands for control of the midland……I say today, let's settle it the old way" King Young said.
It's the year 3090AC( after creation), time was still young…they've been power struggle for the land that differentiate the kingdoms of all lands; Sitting inside a large tent are the four kings of the four kingdoms..the king at the right is the king in the north, sitting behind him is his special adviser..the king at the left is the king in the east, and sitting behind him is his special adviser….the king at the front is the king in the south, sitting behind him is his special adviser…the king at the back is the king in the west, and sitting behind him is his special adviser, they're all sitting facing each other making an invisible plus sign with their chairs.
"Told you sire, this is the game King Young would want to play" Leon said.
Leon is the Adviser to King Donip, the king of Mesha….the king in the west.
King Young is the king of Beion, the king in the north.
"I call for a duel, each kingdom is to provide their best fighter…and who wins get to control the Midland" king Young continued.
Making a scoff, King Wis, the king of Windona, the king in the east asked "why do I have to make a duel when I know I'm better than you all in battle?".
The Eastlands has more success in battles ever recorded than any other kingdom. Only the north has defeated the east in battle once.
"The Midland is not something that I would want to entrust to one man….no matter how good he is" said king Mba.
King Mba is the king of Tennipo, the king in the south.
"We've been here since sunup and there has been no good suggestion…..so I advice, get ready for war" king Mba continued.
King Mba got up and headed to his tent on the outfield, followed by Dinna, the king's adviser.
King Wis got up and also headed to his tent, followed by Winna his special adviser.
Re: The Price For The Midland by Ejune(m): 7:29pm On Jan 07, 2023
The sky was dark and full of stars, the wind was in charge of the night, on a far side to the right was a tunnel that leads to a cave….whispers could be hardly heard as they emanate from the most dark part of the cave.
"If we go to war with ourselves, we're only making things easier for the east to come rip us off" said June. June is king young's adviser "We all know how strong they are in battles, they've got the strongest and toughest fighters…..and I'm only saying this not to hurt anyone's feeling but to state the fact with emotions outside".
"What do you propose we do then, we all know what he does with war captives…..I do not want to find out what he'll do to me" said Leon.
"If you want to play the match well, you have to be on the right team……we were busy hunting and killing our witches, the King of Windona had been making acquiesce with the witches in the east". Said Dinna.
"Is that why your king refused the duel suggestion?" June asked Dinna.
"Why do you think?" Replied Dinna with a dry look.
"I say we come together in this battle, with the three of us against the people of Windona…..they will stand no chance against us" June said.
"Hear, hear…..a wise word need no repitition" Leon said.
"The battle is a fortnight away, discuss with your kings and let's meet here same time tomorrow to draw a conclusion" June said.

"Did they agree to the suggestion we discussed" king Young asked.
"They should be discussing with their kings, everything is in motion sire" June said.
"Good, you did well….. now it's time for my part to be played" said king Young.
"Sire, it would seem we got the right information……king Wis and the witches have a compromise".
"Who made mention of that when you all were gathered?" Asked king Young.
"Dinna, and you know the people of Tennipo has spies everywhere".
"You ride first thing the day after tomorrow, gather any witch you can find and tell them the day of peace has finally come…..that their king is now ready to live in peace with them…..as long as they are ready to work with him in building and defending our land".
Making a bow to portray the message 'as your lordship commands'.
"Remember to play this well sire, we have to be two step ahead, or we won't survive" June said.
"I'll remember".

"Have a seat king Young, you're most welcomed" said king Wis.
"You seem to be enjoying yourself when a war that will claim thrones is coming up just a fortnight away" said king Young.
"Trust me, you don't want me answering that question…hence, you won't be leaving here"
"I have a proposition that I think will greatly benefit you and me".
"I'm listening" said king Wis.
King Young got up, started walking and talking simultaneously inside the tent.
"Few minutes ago, a meeting was just concluded by my special adviser and the rest king's excluding yours on how to go about this war" king Young said.
"And what would be that prompt such meeting against an ole me" king Wis said with a smirk on his face.
"We're making alliances against you in the battle, to get the bigger fish out of the sea just for equality in the game" king Young said, sitting down.
"Don't you want the bigger fish out of the sea?".
"I prefer to be friends with the bigger fish".
"And when the big fish don't want to be your friend?".
"There's no use for a spoilt food, wouldn't you reckon?".
"Is that a threat?".
"I don't threaten who I want to be in bed with, just stating bluntly…….I like you and respect you…..and I think…..I know that you have a lot to gain with this offer I'm proposing, as much do I".
"Alright, I don't want the Midland…..you can have that, I only want the south and the west….you agree to that, then we're in bed together" said king Wis.
Re: The Price For The Midland by Ejune(m): 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2023
"Open the gate, open the gate" screamed a guard at the gate of the king's palace.
The king in the north has just returned back to the city, standing at the king's home entrance is his special adviser waiting to welcome back the king.
"Did everything go as planned with king Wis" asked the king in the north special adviser.
"Yes it did, tell me you have good news for me".
"You, king Donip, and king Mba will be having a meeting two moons from now…..and the attendance will be an acknowledgement to the plan".
"Where will be the venue to this meeting?".
"Same place as the last meeting".
"How far have you gone with the witches in our land, when are we having a meeting?".
"Still searching sire, seems they've gone into hiding…..but I have put the word out, that they should come bend the knee and live in harmony or face total annihilation".
"We need them, every kingdom is strengthening their army with them……this is a battle we can't afford with them not behind us".
"Totally understand sire, I know what's at stake".
"Good, now let me go see my wife, Anna….she must terribly miss me".

Two decades ago…..
"Come in Confine, come sit opposite me" the older woman said.
"You sent for me? Elder one".
" Yes I did……I hear you have been doing well with your practices".
Looking startled and confused about the interest of the older one in her practices made the atmostohere a bit unsettled for her.
"So I have been told elder one".
" I will be honest as I can be with what I'm about to say…many persons will disagree with what I'm about to do, and the truth is I don't know better on the matter…….". The elder one was saying.
'dedinitely, something is up…..I told Dinna we shouldn't have gone into the forest last night….now I'm here all alone facing the consequences' Confine thought.
"And no, it's not about what you and Dinna did that is against the rules last night" the elder one said looking up at her with a locked stare.
"Sorry elder one, did you say something?" Confine asked.
" Don't play dumb with me young one….and to answer your question, yes….I can read your mind ".
'That's way better than what they've been teaching us…..hope she asked me here to be my teacher' she thought smiling.
"That's not why I asked you here" the elder one said standing up.
"Do you know how old I am?" asked the elder one.
"Fifety two?" She asked.
"Wrong, I'll be three hundred and ninety in years in the next four tomorrows". The elder one said.
"I know what's going through your head…..but for what I'm about to tell you, you have to understand our history".
"I'm listening" she said with an anxious look at the elder.
" Going back in time, our history started same as everyone else's in the garden of eden, when you look at history, the children recorded of names to Adam and Eve are three, but the fourth was not mentioned even though she was a big part in their life…..our ancestor 'Aclima' the first female child. She was the oldest daughter of the first man and woman on earth, the twin sister of Cain, many qualities she had but most notable was she loved to 'bathe in nature', she loved the earth and everything that comes from it….but like every good story, this one also did take a turn" the elder was saying with a look of expectation on her face.
"What happened elder one, what happened to our ancestor" Confine asked with a look of enthusiasm.
"Like I said from the start, many disagree with what I am about to tell you…but I think that in order for a work to be well done, all knowledge about that particular task must be well known" the elder said with a plain look.
"Okay!" Confine said with a questioning look.
"Tomorrow morning you will be elected as the elder of our land….you have lots of questions, I know….but first you have to know why, Abel was the first killed in record but just as our ancestor Aclima birth was excluded from record, so was her death….you see, she was different from the rest of her siblings, she was what you'll call extraordinary and that scared her family….just like how you are extraordinary". The elder said.
"But how, I'm just like everyone else…..Dinna did much better than me yesterday in our Ifu training.
"Because you're the best doesn't mean you'll be the best in everything….I'm going to tell you about a prophecy that we've been waiting on…..and I think it's already here, our ancestor Aclima was different from her siblings and that made her to be treated different, and I'm not talking in a good way, you see….what they never knew was that just like everything there has to be a first" said the elder.
"What do you mean first" she asked still looking confused.
"I mean…..first man, first woman, first goat, first…….now you understand?" The elder asked.
"What happened to her?" Confine asked.
"It's not much clear how and when she died, but one thing we know is that she was forced out from her family when with a child…..and she made a decree that she will be back to seek vengeance on all those that have torn her happiness, ever since that day she was never seen again".
"What has that got to do with me?".
"You're the most powerful of our kind anyone has ever seen, and this can be a good thing or a bad thing for us, and most especially the rest of the world…you see, the prophecy says that only when our land is in great danger, that's when Aclima will return". The elder said.
"What's that still got to do with me?" She asked the elder one.
"It's our believe that your powers is a sign that the coming of Aclima is close…imagine if the outside world were to find out about our land".
"They can't see us, how can they be a threat to us?" She asked.
"I don't know…I don't have all the answers, but one thing for sure is we're not the only different being out there, and we don't know how powerful they are compared to us….and since you're the most powerful our kind has seen, there will be many expectations from you in times ahead….and you can start by leading us" the elder said.
"Funny, I have been wishing if I could be as half strong as you, then I came in here and you did the mind reading thing, I still haven't gotten over that and now you're saying I'm the strongest….the only explanation here is you've got me confused with someone else" she said.
"We will teach you everything you need to know about your powers…. we've only been waiting for the right time, there's no limit as far as we know to what you can do" the elder said.
"That doesn't mean anything to me" Confine said with her head low…obviously in thoughts.
"And that's how we know the time is now for your responsibilities".
"How come we're different from the rest of the world, how come we're not like everyone else?".
"Everything changed when the first parents ate the forbidden fruit, like I said…Aclima was different, which made the curse laid on man different on her". The elder said.
"How come about your age?".
"What you're thinking is right…..every chosen guardian is connected to our kingdom in ways even I can't begin to describe….I haven't aged a day since I became the guardian of our kingdom; when I pass it on to you, then my responsibility will be fulfilled".
Re: The Price For The Midland by Ejune(m): 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2023
"Get some sleep son, tomorrow will also be a long day for you" said the king to his son.
There has been prosperity in the North, it's a dreamland for foreigners..the economy is favorable, the laws of the land is adjustable to, obligations and rules are rewarded, the people knew nothing but love and empathy from their reigning king, king Oluc the son of king Joshua…and like the throne was passed down to him, so it was passed down to his father, the throne has been in their family for so long that the people who might know otherwise are already dead.
"I'm hungry, bring me my food" the prince said to his personal servant Josiah.
"At once sire" Josiah said rushing out of the prince's tent.
The prince has been going through trainings ever since he turned eight, trainings mostly handled by his personal teacher appointed by his father, and his father overseeing when he has the chance…..a chance he prioritize to most meetings.
They've spent days now in the forest….his father, himself, his cousin, his teacher, and a few generals and their battalions, they've just finished the training for the day which was hunting. Going back in memory of the day, the prince saw something he couldn't quite describe but felt really drawn to, and he couldn't feed his curious eyes for fear of his father's wrath.
'I have to see what's there' he thought…..the more he thought about the place, the more he felt drawn.
"Sire, the food is ready on the table" Josiah said.
"Go to my cousin's tent and ask him to come at my request" the prince said to his servant.
In a few minutes time, the prince has finished convincing his cousin to follow him to the spot where he thought he saw something.
"Come Josiah, you're going with us also…..and hurry, want to be back in time to get some rest for tomorrow" the prince said to his servant.
And with that, they set out to the forest.

Confine had gone to the forest again to clear her head, just that this time…. she went alone, many thoughts were going through her head 'all I've ever wanted was a simple life, have a family, raise and love my kids with love that will be enough to be passed down to their children, I'm not made to be a leader, I'm not made for someone else's life, she lived her life and she can't just come to live mine' the more she thought, the more she knew she had to escape from her city…if she has any plan to live her life freely. 'if I were to run away, who's to say I won't run coming back, as far as I can tell, we're the only one like us….humans can't see us, only my kind can see us'. She was thinking when she saw up ahead 3 horses carrying each a person running towards where she sat down at the riverside.
"What exactly did you say you saw here" the prince's cousin asked.
"I'm not sure what I saw, but you know me….I wouldn't be able to sleep with it running through my mind, so I'm here to clarify" the prince said.
Confine was sitting at a side where they were standing on the riverside looking at the humans that came this deep in the forest at this time of the hour, but what she couldn't help but notice was how she couldn't take her eyes off the one standing closer to her….he was tall in an okay way, has a dark shiny hair, brown eyes, with a freckled face, carrying an aura of royalty…'but he is a gentle soul' that she could tell from her heart.
"Let's leave master before our absence gets noticed at the camp, I do not want to find out what the king will do to me for not reporting instead indulging in this" Josiah said.
"You're right, we should head back…even I won't be safe from the king…not like you his son".
Getting on their horses, Confine couldn't help but stand up from where she was sitting to take a closer look at the man, and with that movement the prince saw something move for a few seconds at the riverside and thought he saw a female figure coming at them….and with that he panicked and started quickly off the forest.
Re: The Price For The Midland by Ejune(m): 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2023
I'm not a writer, just a nigga trying to see the things he can accomplish.....and I go need all the help I can get from everybody....thank you.
Re: The Price For The Midland by Ejune(m): 6:32am On Jan 08, 2023
The people of Windona are known for one thing in the whole world and that's how fearless they are….their army has never lost any battle, their prince has always won every duel competition…and most importantly, they've never started a war. It was the season of the wincoz tournament hosted in the east every two years by the Windona kingdom, each kingdom is to provide 4 competitors led by their prince. It was a battle to bring Glory, riches, fame, but most importantly to bring respect from other kingdoms, so…..expectedly, the duel always get heated more than it should.
"When prince Dus gets here, let me know immediately" Winter said.
"Yes my Prince" answered a guard at the main gate.
Prince Dus is the heir to the northern kingdom. The last time the competition was held was won by prince Winter, the heir to Windona.
For a long time in the era of the current princes, there has been a heated argument of who is more better between prince Dus and prince Winter, an argument that has created a dark cloud between the princes.
The prince was lying in his chamber when King Wis walked in alone.
"Sit down son, no need to stand up….the game starts tomorrow, you're ready?"
"Yes sir, I will make you proud!".
"You've already done that, and not just to me but also the people…..but I still feel better can be done, not you but the game…..I'm raising the odds high on you, and if you feel you can't or don't want to I'll totally understand.
"What do you want me to do sir" asked Winter.
"I want you to fight alone in this competition, which means there'll be no rest for you whenever our kingdom is called….do this, and you'll be proving to me that you're more than ready to lead this kingdom, and not just to me but the whole world".
The prince looked at his father with a smiling face, not wanting to disappoint his father. 'I've won every competition and I've done so without a scratch on me, this time I'll just have to be more calculative'. The prince thought.
The king continued speaking "I know that I'm asking for a lot….but if you do this and win, I'll be handing the kingdom over to you, and with me by your side with the few years I have left on earth….you'll be remembered until the end of time".
"I accept your challenge, and you don't need to step down for me sir…..and as far as greatnesss goes, you're already the one for being my father" Prince Winter said.
"You know, I never really loved your mother…..I didn't make much look at her, but when she brought you into this world, that's when I knew she has done the best thing that no other woman could have done…..I don't say this much, but you're my blood and my rightful heir, and no other person would be able to take your place in my heart…..win this competition, and I'll give you the keys to my kingdom".
The king stood up and left for his chamber, leaving the prince much in thoughts.
Re: The Price For The Midland by Ejune(m): 6:33am On Jan 08, 2023
"Tell my boy I want to see him in the throne room at once" king Oluc said to Josiah.
"Yes my king".
The king has been moody since the start of the day, days like this, every person in the palace tends to be wise by staying out of the king's moody field. The Wincoz tournament is to begin seven days from now, and every year Prince Dus comes out in the second place, and second place is much worse….'the last place sends a message that you're not good enough, which you just have to be better…but the second place just tell people that you're not man enough when the odds are not with you to prevail' king Oluc likes to say.
"The king asked you to come to the throne room immediately, my Prince" Josiah said to prince Dus.
The prince was lying on his bed, deep in thoughts with smiles all on his face when his servant told him of his father wanting to see him, he knew trouble couldn't be far off him…..he got up and walked to the throne room.
"You asked for me sir?".
"When are you leaving for the competition?" The king asked.
"Tomorrow sir….lord Beckett's son, lord Darius' son, lord Shed's son will be the one accompanying me this season to the tournament".
"Weren't they the ones that went with you the last time?".
"They were…..".
"And what trophy did you bring for all the work we did the last time for the tournament?".
"I came second sir".
"Why's that…..you went there to guide prince Winter to the crown or is it that he is better than you?"
"No sir, he's not better than me…"
"What do you think his father is feeling like over his son's victory…do you think he's happy, do you think he's proud?".
Out of all the prince's fault of not being a better child in the sense of following every designated attitude to the throne seat, one thing he never loved was seen as a disappointment….he is as good as prince Winter, not just much concerned about the duel or the importance it carries, but being implicitly labelled in a meticulous manner always stir an adjective he wouldn't by choice want to associate with.
"I have spoken to all my lords, letting them know that you'll be going alone to this competition….and I'll let you know what they don't know, lose this competition to lose your inheritance…and likewise for otherwise, so I suggest that any lifting you be planning to lift any prince up in their father's eyes, you start telling yourself that it's your turn….. I'm done with you not taking the throne matters serious, leave my sight at once" the king commanded.
Re: The Price For The Midland by Ejune(m): 6:34am On Jan 08, 2023
"Am I even to start asking why you're feeling sad so early this day?" Confine asked Dinna.
The Midland unlike every other land is not shared into territories, where you have different lords and ladies….there is no honor given except to the one person who is appointed to rule and guide, except of course Confine who is to be chosen cause of the belief that is surrounding her regarding their great ancestor. But like every female ruler and guardian that has come before her, a male companion will be chosen for her through a ceremonial duel or she will have to make a choice by herself by selecting a man.
"Of course you are, how else will I tell myself that I am still loved by my soon to be guardian" she asked making a gesture with her hands.
"I'm still the old me…."
"Thank the god you said that….just wanted to confirm, do you know that the Wincoz tournament is not too much of days far from this one?".
"I'm not even going to pretend on this one, you're the one I'm most afraid of in this whole wide world, the things you know that should be impossible just keep amazing me" Confine said with an almost teary laugh.
"I heard some men discussing in the forest, when I sneaked out yesterday……apparently they've been a drag for a long time on who's better between two princes for so long that their argument almost turned fisted".
"Right, and to what purpose you're telling me this" Confine asked with a 'I know what you want' look.
"Have you made a choice to your picking of a man?".
"I've decided to walk around starting tomorrow to better my knowledge on the type of man I would want, or rather see to my liking of a man".
"That's your plan?…..that don't sound like much of a plan, I'll help you out….. you know that I know that you don't know anything concerning the opposite sex" she said with an amusing smirk on her face.
"And what is the payment?" Confine said with a 'i know how you drive your wheel' look.
"I want to watch the Wincoz tournament".
"That's impossible, you know it is…..".
"C'mon, I've seen you sneaking out into the forest ever since you told me about you and the elder discussion, I know when you're sad and feel trapped, this might also be a breather for you….this is what you might need, this……."
"You're not hearing me, it's not impossible to leave for the tournament…..it's impossible to go unnoticed".
"A big task has just been given to you, what's fair is you needing to clear your head in whatever way you deem fit…..except you wouldn't be able to sell that, cause I think if you want us, or should I say me….then it's very much possible".
"I love how manipulating you are without……manipulating" Confine said smiling.
Re: The Price For The Midland by Ejune(m): 6:36am On Jan 08, 2023
All the participants for the tournament has started arriving at Windona…. Zoniap the prince and heir to the South kingdom, Mannue the prince and heir to the west kingdom, Dus the prince and heir to the north Kingdom.
All the foreign princes has been showed to their abode after all attending a feast with the king of Windona and readjusting their acquaintances, something more of like a ritual…..but this time the atmosphere was noticeably blurry, it was obvious this time the game wouldn't be as it was previous times.
The game has been drafted and to begin tomorrow, the arena is already filled with people wanting a better viewing side, talks is already going round as to the absence of prince Dus' fighters, and Prince Winter's fighters.
The game is to be held for five days, and each day is to comprise of two fights except the third and fifth…the first day is going to be between the home prince and a representative from the west,
and the second fight of the day is going to be between a representative of the South and a representative from the west…the second day is going to be between Prince Dus and a representative from the south, and the second fight is going to be between Prince Zoniap and a representative from the west…..the third day is going to be between Prince Mannue and a representative from the south….the fourth day is going to be between Prince Winter and prince Dus, and the second fight is going to be between Prince Mannue and prince Zoniap….and the fifth day is going to be between the winners of the fourth day to take the glory and the rewards.
"We're all gathered here to witness what the gods envy, a glorious fight between the highborns of all lands…..and like every time, this time is different…we all know the rules to the game, the one that makes the first cut to his opponent gets to win his fight……let your god be with you" king Wis said as an opening speech.
The arena was already full, cheerers have already started their cheering, the arena was already full with light spirits and excitement…this was a sport loved by every citizen in every land, watching the highborns perform for the crowd just top it all off. The game has already started between prince Winter and a representative from the west.
"Do you see the way the prince is moving, I wish I have a man that is that much good in handling a sword like that" Dinna said.
The two girls from the Midland has successfully succeeded in convincing their elders to be given the leisure of coming to this very game, a well crafted request that was well scripted by Dinna, and spoken by Confine was too much for the elders to beat their way around, it would seem.
"It seems to me he is having it too easy with his opponent" Confine said.
"Remember the argument I was telling you about between the men I saw in the forest?" Dinna asked.
"The one against two prince, argument that almost turned fisted".
"That's one of the prince, prince Winter….the prince of this kingdom".
"Is anyone allowed to be that much good looking, isn't it a crime?" Confine asked.
"You should start with yourself".
The cheers could be heard on all lands if it were possible, prince Winter has just won his first battle in the competition… making a bow to all side, brought a standing ovation from all present in the arena, even the king.
The second fight was much longer and not fun packed like the first fight.
"When is the fight for prince Dus" a viewer asked.
"Tomorrow, the first fight" another viewer answered.
"Who is prince Dus" asked Confine.
"That's the second prince…. he is much fun to watch, the art of fighting run in his veins" Dinna said.
"You seem to know much about this sport than much people here".
"I always come here, I just don't stay long like I will this time".
"How you keep surprising me when I know the kind of person you are is what is now surprising me"
They both laughed hard at that statement by Confine.
"We should be leaving, the match is over".
"In all your knowledge, I hope you have a place where we're going to sleep?" Confine asked.
Later in the night of the day, a messaged was received from the north.
"Who is there?" Prince Dus asked.
"A message for you Prince Dus" a guard said.
'remember what we talked about, if you can't bring honor to the north….then you should also not be able to bring yoursfelf home' with the king's seal attached to it.
The second day the arena was already full like always, with viewers coming early for a much better viewing side…the king is also present at his designated position, the fighters are now walking into the arena, the moment prince Dus was on sight created a loud cheer from the crowd…..'the people's magician' he was called.
"Told you he's the crowd's favorite" Dinna said while the prince's back was facing them.
The king has already given his opening speech, and with that the fight started.
Confine was shocked at who she was seeing, her heart palpitating, feeling of emptiness in her stomach…..the feelings rushing up just at the sight of him was uncontrollable and unsteerable.
"Who is that with the two swords" Confine asked.
"That's prince Dus, heir to the northern kingdom".
The fight was intense more than the previous others, almost like it was a fight for survival…..prince Dus fighting not to please the crowd but just to win the game, he made a strike with his right hand that was blocked while using the other hand to make a feign move simultaneously, but it would seem his opponent came well prepared, the prince was too fast for him….the prince was making a low dodge when his opponent caught him with his shield that sent the prince to the ground, sent a dagger with a full force that almost caught the prince, that was when the prince knew this was no longer a game, the prince finally made a cut that helped him win the match…. bowing to the crowd, he saw a lady that looked really familiar looking at him intensely and wondered where he had seen her before.
"I have to be somewhere, see you later" Confine said.
The prince walked back to his room weakly, the fight left pains in his body that were physically bearable but not emotionally so, 'something was really off about the way he was fought today, almost like to injure him severely was the plan' he thought.
Something moved at the right side of the window, he was shocked at what he saw.
"How did you get in here…..weren't you the one I saw at the arena with the stare?" the prince asked while sitting down, now feeling uncomfortable with the event from the fight to the present moment he said to himself.
Confine didn't reply but only looked back thinking to see someone he was obviously talking to….she walked more closer to him from the far side of the room, she could sense he was in great pain….he was hit multiple times in the fight today, the prince was sitting on his bed with his head lowly resting on his hands.
"Who are you?" She asked to no one in particular.
"I believe I asked the question first" he said raising his head.
Re: The Price For The Midland by Ejune(m): 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2023
Guys, guys! Unfailingly, every Sunday I should be posting an update here....I know I'm new, but I would really love to gather a family here with this story of mine; it might not be much of a story, but it is still telling. So please, gather every lover of story you know, cos there is no business without a final consumer...so there can't be any story without her lovers. Much love!

(1) (Reply)

Need Writers For A Magazine And Blog, Collaboration And Partnership / Nairalander refuses to pay for 60,000 words / Fictional Ghostwriting Services And Content Writing Services.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.