Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

USA To Invest $10 Billion In Nigerian Power Sector, For Extra 7,500 MW - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / USA To Invest $10 Billion In Nigerian Power Sector, For Extra 7,500 MW (1045 Views)

2023 Presidency: Equity Should Be A Nigerian, Power Must Rotate / Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso / Nigerian Power Plants Coming On Stream In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA To Invest $10 Billion In Nigerian Power Sector, For Extra 7,500 MW by optionalY09: 1:46pm On Jan 08, 2023
Napata77:

Nigeria's annual budget is just 50 billion dollars. It's really not a lot of money for 220 million people.

The FG cannot afford to use 10 billion dollars from that sum to build renewable energy projects, or many other sectors will be deprived. ASUU crisis is a case in point. So foreign investment is required. It is not slavery. South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, and other Tiger economies developed by attracting huge amounts of western capital and investment, which facilitated technology transfer, that helped local industrialisation.

So if we play our cards right, it shouldn't be slavery at all.

1 individual can afford to steal $30billion from federal government. I think that’s what FGN can afford
Re: USA To Invest $10 Billion In Nigerian Power Sector, For Extra 7,500 MW by Napata77: 11:23pm On Jan 08, 2023
femisplash:
A certain OBJ squandered $16b power funds with his vice, Atiku, today same old failure is endorsing another failure of Anambra as President. God forbid.
Buhari has been excellent in infrastructures, Tinubu will continue the legacy. Arguing with zombidients who hate anything good about the country is a waste of time.

Absolutely.
Re: USA To Invest $10 Billion In Nigerian Power Sector, For Extra 7,500 MW by Napata77: 11:24pm On Jan 08, 2023
optionalY09:

1 individual can afford to steal $30billion from federal government. I think that’s what FGN can afford

Nigeria does not earn enough for one person to steal 30 billion dollars.

The annual budget is 50 billion dollars.

If you know anyone stealing billions of dollars in Nigeria, name the person.

Don't just come in here and type rubbish.

1 Like

Re: USA To Invest $10 Billion In Nigerian Power Sector, For Extra 7,500 MW by Okoroawusa: 11:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
I Love PMB
Re: USA To Invest $10 Billion In Nigerian Power Sector, For Extra 7,500 MW by drlateef: 11:47pm On Jan 08, 2023
omonnakoda:
You sound stupid and I don't argue with stupid people

He is not stupid, rather he has vision and forethought better than you. Yes, i know China produces plenty of solar panels at cheap rates. But the quality is questionable. I am into that business and I agree with him. The US produces high quality solar panels. Same with Germany, UK and Australia. We should not put all our eggs in one basket for security and economic competitiveness reasons.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Movement To The Obi-datti Rally In Lagos Today / Don't Be Blinded By Greed: Tinubu Is Acutely Sick, Not Fit To Hold Office / LP Did Not Only Affect PDP But Also APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.