Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? (1381 Views)

Apart From Jesus, What Did TB Joshua Achieve? / Jesus, What A Mighty Name! / Apostle Suleman Condemns Comedians That Joke About Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by tctrills: 9:49am On Jan 08, 2023
I actually have two questions here.
1. What is the life's purpose of those who from the times of Adam, never heard about Jesus Christ.
Why were they created without an opportunity to hear about Jesus Christ?
2. What would be their fate in the end?
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by Righthussle: 9:51am On Jan 08, 2023
If you think I'll end in hellfire for not knowing Jesus, you'll also end in another hellfire for not following Muhammed.

Na one one.

Religion is a scam.

4 Likes

Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by AntiChristian: 10:08am On Jan 08, 2023
tctrills:
1. What is the life's purpose of those who from the times of Adam, never heard about Jesus Christ.

Why do they need to hear about Jesus?
Nobody was created to hear about Jesus except the people of Israel during his lifetime.

Their fate is not tied to Jesus!

The people of Noah were saved when they believed God through Noah!
Same as the people of Moses, etc.

3 Likes

Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by tctrills: 10:09am On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Nobody was created to hear about Jesus except the people of Israel during his lifetime.

Your opinion, noted.
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by advocatejare(m): 10:11am On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Says someone who is reading the Quran that was not meant for him grin

This is according to the words of Allah in the Quran.

It is stated in the Quran that no messenger (Rasool) was sent except in the language of his people. That’s the logic of Islam and Quran.

Muhammad only spoke Arabic and hence, according to that Quranic verse, muhammad was sent only to the Arabs and not the whole world as he couldn’t speak all the languages in the world!

And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allāh sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.”
-Quran 14:4

Also, it is stated in the Quran that the Quran was revealed to warn the people of Mecca and those around. Quran was not sent to the whole world, if you’re not an Arab, the Quran wasn’t sent to you.

And We certainly sent into every nation a messenger, [saying], "Worship Allāh and avoid ṭāghūt." And among them were those whom Allāh guided, and among them were those upon whom error was [deservedly] decreed. So proceed [i.e., travel] through the earth and observe how was the end of the deniers.
-Quran 16:36

Allah said that he sent messengers to every nations. Muhammad was sent in the language of his people and the Quran was sent to the people of Mecca and surroundings, you Nigerian Muslims should go and look for your own messengers that was sent to you!

“And thus We have revealed to you an Arabic Qur’ān that you may warn the Mother of Cities [i.e., Makkah] and those around it and warn of the Day of Assembly, about which there is no doubt. A party will be in Paradise and a party in the Blaze.”
-Quran 42:7

Muslims are always quick to lay claim that another part of the Quran said muhammad was sent to the whole world! If that is true, then it negates what Allah said about the

-Quran being sent to the people of Mecca and surroundings

-Messengers being sent in the language of their people (Muhammad could only speak Arabic)

-Muhammad only preached and used wars to convert the people of Mecca and surroundings to Islam and he never commanded his followers to preach his message to the whole world like Jesus did.

Jesus instructed his disciples to preach the gospel to the whole world to highlight the fact that he was sent to the whole world and his message is to the whole world. Muhammad on the other hand never made such a declaration

And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.
-Mark 16:15

“Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”
-Matthew 28:19
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by Odebayo4010(m): 10:13am On Jan 08, 2023
Righthussle:

If you think I'll end in hellfire for not knowing Jesus, you'll also end in another hellfire for not following Muhammed.

Na one one.

Religion is a scam.

It depends,those people that came before Jesus,they we use there Conscience to judge them

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by AntiChristian: 10:16am On Jan 08, 2023
advocatejare:

Says someone who is reading the Quran that was not meant for him grin

This is according to the words of Allah in the Quran.

It is stated in the Quran that no messenger (Rasool) was sent except in the language of his people. That’s the logic of Islam and Quran.

Muhammad only spoke Arabic and hence, according to that Quranic verse, muhammad was sent only to the Arabs and not the whole world as he couldn’t speak all the languages in the world!

Also, it is stated in the Quran that the Quran was revealed to warn the people of Mecca and those around. Quran was not sent to the whole world, if you’re not an Arab, the Quran wasn’t sent to you.

Allah said that he sent messengers to every nations. Muhammad was sent in the language of his people and the Quran was sent to the people of Mecca and surroundings, you Nigerian Muslims should go and look for your own messengers that was sent to you!

Muslims are always quick to lay claim that another part of the Quran said muhammad was sent to the whole world! If that is true, then it negates what Allah said about the

-Quran being sent to the people of Mecca and surroundings

-Messengers being sent in the language of their people (Muhammad could only speak Arabic)

-Muhammad only preached and used wars to convert the people of Mecca and surroundings to Islam and he never commanded his followers to preach his message to the whole world like Jesus did.

Jesus instructed his disciples to preach the gospel to the whole world to highlight the fact that he was sent to the whole world and his message is to the whole world. Muhammad on the other hand never made such a declaration

“Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”
-Matthew 28:19

See as you show say you no get sense at all! How does this answer OP?

Numbskull!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by AntiChristian: 10:17am On Jan 08, 2023
Odebayo4010:

It depends,those people that came before Jesus,they we use there Conscience to judge them
which verse supports this?
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by advocatejare(m): 10:31am On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

See as you show say you me Antichristian no get sense at all! How does this answer OP?

Numbskull!
When you are more intelligent you will understand how it answers Op!
Right now, maybe you braking can’t carry it!
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by tctrills: 11:36am On Jan 08, 2023
Odebayo4010:

So are you saying that people can be saved by conscience? If conscience is enough to save then why did Jesus have to come? We all could have been saved by conscience then?

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:08pm On Jan 08, 2023
tctrills:

So are you saying that people can be saved by conscience? If conscience is enough to save then why did Jesus have to come? We all could have been saved by conscience then?

Only Jehovah's Witnesses can answer this with the Bible but since you feel there are others who also qualified as Christian groups i'll leave you alone with them! smiley
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:11pm On Jan 08, 2023
Odebayo4010:

You're partially correct with this but if you want to know what the Bible says on the topic of discussion i'll be pleased to share it with you.
I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:14pm On Jan 08, 2023
tctrills:

I see you already know that you are hellfire bound so now you are looking at other people's cases to see those who shall join you there.

Christ went to preach to them too, so don't worry about them.
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:15pm On Jan 08, 2023
Righthussle:

Na one one.

Religion is a scam.

You end in hell fire because you are evil.
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:18pm On Jan 08, 2023
tctrills:

Did you not hear the parable of the King and His Servants and His Son?
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:22pm On Jan 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Only Jehovah's Witnesses can answer this with the Bible but since you feel there are others who also qualified as Christian groups i'll leave you alone with them! smiley

Here comes Satan's Marketer of Satan's subsidiary company who carry bible to market the son of Satan, funny. Well the op is Satan's child and Satan's marketer, so market don set.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by NNTR: 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
tctrills:
1a. Experience life and express themselves as best or worst as they are capably able to
1b. God follows a process, and took God 4000 years, following the process to incarnate on earth
2. Odebayo4010 has beautifully answered this

Odebayo4010:
It depends, those people that came before Jesus, they we use there Conscience to judge them
Romans 2:11-15
'11For God does not show favoritism.
12When the Gentiles sin, they will be destroyed,
even though they never had God’s written law.
And the Jews, who do have God’s law,
will be judged by that law when they fail to obey it.
13For merely listening to the law doesn’t make us right with God.
It is obeying the law that makes us right in his sight.
14Even Gentiles, who do not have God’s written law,
show that they know his law when they instinctively obey it,
even without having heard it.

15They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts,
for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them
or tell them they are doing right.'

Good call.

tctrills:
Jesus had to come because it was fitting, to fulfil all righteousness

Dtruthspeaker:
Did you not hear the parable of the King and His Servants and His Son?
The parable of the King and His Servants and His Son, is about the Pharisees and not to do with those created without an opportunity to hear about Jesus Christ

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by Righthussle: 1:55pm On Jan 08, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You end in hell fire because you are evil.
which hell fire ? The one in the Bible or Quran ?
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2023
Noisemaker, answer the question! smiley

Dtruthspeaker:

Here comes Satan's Marketer of Satan's subsidiary company who carry bible to market the son of Satan, funny. Well the op is Satan's child and Satan's marketer, so market don set.
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by MrPresident1: 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
tctrills:

Iti, I already explained these things in one of my threads

1. Colossians 1:23 KJV
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

All creatures under heaven have heard the gospel, no excuses. You have to realise that the NT was written in Greek and the Greeks were noted for their exact tenses

2. Romans 2:13-15 KJV
(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. [14] For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: [15] Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink

The people who will be justified are the keepers of the law, not the hearers
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by tctrills: 4:49pm On Jan 08, 2023
MrPresident1:

Iti, I already explained these things in one of my threads

1. Colossians 1:23 KJV
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

All creatures under heaven have heard the gospel, no excuses. You have to realise that the NT was written in Greek and the Greeks were noted for their exact tenses

2. Romans 2:13-15 KJV
(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. [14] For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: [15] Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink

The people who will be justified are the keepers of the law, not the hearers

This boy again. As usual, you don't know what you are saying. Not everyone has heard the gospel of Jesus Christ and definitely not everyone since the time of Jesus Christ.
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by tctrills: 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2023
NNTR:
1a. Experience life and express themselves as best or worst as they are capably able to
1b. God follows a process, and took God 4000 years, following the process to incarnate on earth
2. Odebayo4010 has beautifully answered this

Romans 2:11-15
'11For God does not show favoritism.
12When the Gentiles sin, they will be destroyed,
even though they never had God’s written law.
And the Jews, who do have God’s law,
will be judged by that law when they fail to obey it.
13For merely listening to the law doesn’t make us right with God.
It is obeying the law that makes us right in his sight.
14Even Gentiles, who do not have God’s written law,
show that they know his law when they instinctively obey it,
even without having heard it.

15They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts,
for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them
or tell them they are doing right.'

Good call.

Jesus had to come because it was fitting, to fulfil all righteousness

The parable of the King and His Servants and His Son, is about the Pharisees and not to do with those created without an opportunity to hear about Jesus Christ

You say Jesus Christ came to fulfill rightousness agreed. But you seem to forget that he came to take away our sins. So does conscience take away sins or does Christ take away sins?
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by tctrills: 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I see you already know that you are hellfire bound so now you are looking at other people's cases to see those who shall join you there.

Christ went to preach to them too, so don't worry about them.
Lol
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by tctrills: 4:59pm On Jan 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I see you came here to boast, well this is social media, anyone can claim anything. It's a free world. But when I remember that you claimed the house of Israel are God's slaves, I am just so sure you don't have a better answer than anyone here grin
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by Lukuluku69(m): 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2023
tctrills:

Lol

1. Their purpose in life is to worship God and obey His Eternal Commandments.

2.They will be judged according to how they follow the Prophet sent to them.
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by NNTR: 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2023
tctrills:
You say Jesus Christ came to fulfill rightousness agreed.
Reread what I earlier typed and return back to correctly and fully quote me

tctrills:
But you seem to forget that he came to take away our sins.
Bible 101, informs every believer, baby or not, that God's primary aim for incarnating as Jesus, is for the atonement of sin

tctrills:
So does conscience take away sins or does Christ take away sins?
You are conflating apples with oranges.

Conscience comes into play at time of judgment. Like for like, took away sin.

Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2023
tctrills:

I see you came here to boast, well this is social media, anyone can claim anything. It's a free world. But when I remember that you claimed the house of Israel are God's slaves, I am just so sure you don't have a better answer than anyone here grin
No wahala keep your question! grin
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by tctrills: 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2023
NNTR:
Reread what I earlier typed and return back to correctly and fully quote me

Bible 101, informs every believer, baby or not, that God's primary aim for incarnating as Jesus, is for the atonement of sin

You are conflating apples with oranges.

Conscience comes into play at time of judgment. Like for like, took away sin.

I am not sure I even understand you. So let me ask a direct question. For those who did not hear of Jesus, how do they obtain forgiveness of sin?
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by MrPresident1: 6:54pm On Jan 08, 2023
tctrills:

This boy again. As usual, you don't know what you are saying. Not everyone has heard the gospel of Jesus Christ and definitely not everyone since the time of Jesus Christ.

iti
Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2023
All humans born through the bloodline of Adam are sinners {Romans 3:23} so death is their reward an in all of them {Romans 5:12} the Good News of God's Kingdom are about the things God promised mankind which will be made possible through the sacrificial death of Christ Jesus. So believing in Jesus is not just a wishful thought but continuous exercise of putting what Jesus taught into practice it's on the bases of this that we shall be forgiven and given the privilege to prove our innocence that if we are perfect like Adam and Eve with nothing hindering us we will be loyal to God completely. Revelations 20:1-5
All those that accept to be like Jesus will be given a Visa to Paradise on planet earth which will last for just 1000 years {Luke 23:43} during that time Jesus is the one that will rule over the entire earth. Daniel 2:44

So if you lived before Jesus or where nobody knew anything about Jesus you will be raised back to life to be there with disciples of Christ if you've lived by conscience in your previous life but if you don't care about conscience {Psalms 9:17} or you've had the opportunity to meet Jesus' true disciples and turned them down God will also forget you in your grave that means no resurrection for you! John 3:18

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by NNTR: 7:56pm On Jan 08, 2023
tctrills:
I am not sure I even understand you.
You obviously dont understand

tctrills:
So let me ask a direct question.
For those who did not hear of Jesus, how do they obtain forgiveness of sin?
1 John 2:2
'He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—
and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.
'

Romans 3:25
'whom God displayed publicly [before the eyes of the world]
as a [life-giving] sacrifice of atonement
and reconciliation (propitiation) by His blood [to be received] through faith.
This was to demonstrate His righteousness [which demands punishment for sin],
because in His forbearance [His deliberate restraint]
He passed over the sins previously committed [before Jesus’ crucifixion].
'

I'll repeat again that, Bible 101, lets every believer, baby or not, know that God's primary aim for incarnating as Jesus, is for the atonement of sin

Re: For Those Who Never Heard About Jesus, What Is Their Purpose? by tctrills: 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2023
NNTR:
You obviously dont understand

1 John 2:2
'He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—
and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.
'

Romans 3:25
'whom God displayed publicly [before the eyes of the world]
as a [life-giving] sacrifice of atonement
and reconciliation (propitiation) by His blood [to be received] through faith.
This was to demonstrate His righteousness [which demands punishment for sin],
because in His forbearance [His deliberate restraint]
He passed over the sins previously committed [before Jesus’ crucifixion].
'

I'll repeat again that, Bible 101, lets every believer, baby or not, know that God's primary aim for incarnating as Jesus, is for the atonement of sin

Good we are on the same page. Christ died for all sins. Now to the next part, do we need to accept Jesus Christ to he save? If yes, what about those who did not hear about him? Or are there 2 standards for salvation?
Again if people can be saved without hearing about Jesus Christ then what is the purpose of preaching if not to save souls?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He Died For You. Guess Who? / Oyinbo With Nijja Language / Confessing Of Sins To A Reverend Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.