Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,484 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

The Yoruba Language Supremacy - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Yoruba Language Supremacy (2346 Views)

Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) / Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / Names Of Various Animals In Yoruba Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Yoruba Language Supremacy by BanyXchi: 7:32am On Jan 11, 2023
TAO11:
You’re trying too hard to be manipulative.

Also, why are you begging me to stop exposing you?wink

If what you want is a 1500s/1600s text written with the Latin/Roman/English scripts, it doesn’t exist.

But if what you request is a 1500s/1600s text written with Arabic/Ajami scripts, you have it up there. cheesy

Unfortunately, for you however, you’ve demonstrated to be illiterate in Arabic/Ajami. You cluelessly said the text says “Yor”. Lmao!

Not only do you have no clue of Arabic, you have also chosen delusions over reality by kicking against those (like John Hunwick, Fatima Harrak, et al. & even I) who have all informed you of what the Arabic (which you lack knowledge of) says — i.e. “Yoruba”.

But for some delusional reasons, you have chosen to belief that all scholars are trolling you. They’re all out against you. Scholars are out for LightOnScams. Lol.

John Huwnwick is trolling you. Fatimah Harrak is also trolling you. Even Akin Ogundiran is trolling you. I am trolling you. In short, all scholars who have accessed the text, and told you what’s there are trolling you.

Wait o, you actually started out by citing A. Ogundiran where A. Ogundiran was alluding to the fact that this very name “Yoruba” appears in these texts from the 1600s & 1500s. However, you claimed he said 1800s.

But when I called you out on your misattribution, you claimed you only made a mistake — in other words, you’re claiming to be aware that it’s actually 1600s & 1500s, or even earlier.

I knew you didn’t make no mistake. I knew you really tried to lie about the period. Now see how you’re back to your square-one which you had pleaded was only a mistake when I called you out on it. Your true color came out—i.e. Delusion×Dishonesty=LightOnScams.
————
As an appendix, please transliterate what I wrote in my attached screenshot if you can. I just wanna check something. cheesy

It has to do with the city of Ifẹ̀ which you have falsely attributed to Ibn Khaldun (who has nothing to do with Yorubaland). Please transliterate it. I’m waiting.

wink
I told you that urchin must be Edo, once he said we should stop trying to claim Itsekiris who are actually part of us, I knew he's a bitter low IQ Edo urchin.. he might be the giddy guy with a new moniker.. He's nothing but a troll, he's not interested in learning, he just wants to troll. Stop engaging the clown.

6 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Language Supremacy by SirNewtonNG: 4:23pm On Jan 12, 2023
BanyXchi:
I told you that urchin must be Edo, once he said we should stop trying to claim Itsekiris who are actually part of us, I knew he's a bitter low IQ Edo urchin.. he might be the giddy guy with a new moniker.. He's nothing but a troll, he's not interested in learning, he just wants to troll. Stop engaging the clown.

I agree, when he said bring a text but not translated grin yet he can't translate the original. It was clear it's all a gimmick. He definitely knows the truth and wanted to pull legs. Seeing we are knowledgeable people here he falls short and just has to continue to pretend grin

I doubt he'll be back.

Great work ma! @tao11

5 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Language Supremacy by BanyXchi: 5:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
SirNewtonNG:

I agree, when he said bring a text but not translated grin yet he can't translate the original. It was clear it's all a gimmick. He definitely knows the truth and wanted to pull legs. Seeing we are knowledgeable people here he falls short and just has to continue to pretend grin

I doubt he'll be back.

Great work ma! @tao11
I think I know you on Twitter bro, I appreciate everything you do to defend Yoruba race from these evil Edo urchins.. These people are everywhere spreading their propagandaa. The good news is there's ethnic nationalism growing among the new generation of Yorubas, it's a just matter of time, Edo people will be put in their place soon. Once I saw the line 'stop claiming Itsekiris' I don know say na Bini urchin.

5 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Language Supremacy by sureleads: 10:13pm On Jan 12, 2023
BanyXchi:
I think I know you on Twitter bro, I appreciate everything you do to defend Yoruba race from these evil Edo urchins.. These people are everywhere spreading their propagandaa. The good news is there's ethnic nationalism growing among the new generation of Yorubas, it's a just matter of time, Edo people will be put in their place soon. Once I saw the line 'stop claiming Itsekiris' I don know say na Bini urchin.

lightonscam might not be bini..he might actually be from one of the groups in Yagba. But he is obviously suffering from some sort of complex, i mean...its obvious from the Yagba variant of Yoruba that he teaches. His sense of identity is muddled up and he is trying hard to fill the pseudo gaps he created to justify his delusions.

4 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Language Supremacy by sureleads: 10:18pm On Jan 12, 2023
@TAO11, you are obviously a very intelligent person and am so proud of you. You are very well read and shows how hardworking and detailed you are. would like to learn from you

3 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Language Supremacy by Olu317(m): 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
LightOnScams:

While we agree that Itsekiri being related to the Oyo Yoruba, why do you consider it a subgroup of a language far up North than others in the same SE language stock? We know why. The spread you talk about started with the Oyo/Ibadan military expansionism.

Personally and to many, the use of the term dialect to refer to Itsekiri is in many ways derogatory. Itsekiri, according to most, broke out earlier from the Proto-Yoruba-Iteskiri group just like the Igalas did earlier. Why force the subgroup term on them? I'm curious
So Itsekiri is related to Oyo than Iléifẹ and other settlement such as Ijebu, Ilaje, Bini,Igala etc grin cheesy grin grin ? Wonders shall never end on NL.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Language Supremacy by UGBE634: 2:28pm On Jan 13, 2023
[
Re: The Yoruba Language Supremacy by ImperialYoruba: 6:12am On Jan 20, 2023
RedboneSmith:

It was YRB actually. Only the vowels appear to be missing. I don't know the rules of Arabic writing, but I do know some early Semitic writings didnt make use of vowels, such that Yahweh was written YHWH.

Arabic uses diacritic like Yoruba to attribute intonation.

/ This is ALIF, it is positioned on top letters, never anywhere else. It produces Ah sound. Example - letter Y with Alif becomes YA.
B with Alif becomes BA, K with Alif becomes KA.

\ This is KASRA, it is on bottom of letters, produces the Ee sound. Examples are YI, BI, KI.

9 This is Waw, it sits on top of letters and produces Wu sound.
Examples are YU, BU, KU.

Beside these three, there are other sound diacritics. There are also diacritics for double vowels and vowel-less words.

For instance, to construct REDBONE

RDB<insert letter alif with letter waw here>N

Rdbawn written in Ajami ردباؤن

Arabic letters are read right to left.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Language Supremacy by ImperialYoruba: 6:16am On Jan 20, 2023
BanyXchi:

We will fck 'em up. They are beasts rescued from forests, our ancestors put clothe on them and taught them civilization. After centuries of showing them the way, they refused and rejected our ways and hang on to their treacherous ways.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba Language Supremacy by ImperialYoruba: 6:48am On Jan 20, 2023
LightOnScams:
Because a language sounds similar to the general Yoruba does not mean it evolved from Yoruba undecided.

I've heard ignorant comments like "Igala is from Yoruba", "Itsekiri is a Yoruba dialect", "Your Yoruba is not pure", etc.

Bro, STFU tongue, especially if the language is in the east. They're probably older.

Hhm, i was wondering what was going on, whats genesis of the whole commotion on page 3, and now i found it.

Americans dont deny that their english dialect and accent is descendant of the English language written and spoken in UK. Nonetheless they identify proudly as American. In addition, they celebrate their founders root in Ireland.

Itsekiri speaks a version of Ijebu tongue that no longer exist in the Ijebu peninsula. Itsekiri is ancient migrant, they have existed in their domain much earlier than Oba dynasty was rooted in Benin. Benin Kingdom loved the sea.
A powerful force blocked Benin from acquiring sovereingty of the Bini river all the way down to its estuary in the seacoast. Itsekiri owns the coast today, as it always has.

They are Itsekiri today because they have always been independent and powerful, otherwise they would be a different identity now. The language they speak is Ijebu dialect of Yoruboid.

There is a Yoruba sub group in Anioma, Delta. Isolated due to migration but continues to thrive as a chipped-off copy of the original.

2 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Language Supremacy by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:28am On Jan 23, 2023
ImperialYoruba:

We will fck 'em up. They are beasts rescued from forests, our ancestors put clothe on them and taught them civilization. After centuries of showing them the way, they refused and rejected our ways and hang on to their treacherous ways.

Jesus....

I can't believe this...... Where are the Edo people here..?

chineke chineke

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ramses, Cleopatra, Nefertiti: Original Egyptians Were Black? / Nigerian Women Are Unromantic / Bwiti Religion - Gabons Return To Paganism! (watch Bbc Documentary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.