Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,547 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply (14762 Views)

Adebayo Adelabu: Nigeria Gets 40,000MW Power From Generators / FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat / We Have Secured N567bn To Deliver 20,000MW Electricity – TCN Boss Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 09, 2023
pocom35:
It is possible..
He just has to follow the Siemens project embarked upon by bubu..
If he can use subsidy money for power..it is very possible to achieve this..

Hope the usual politics won't come in the way like it did for the 2nd Niger bridge..
Check it out below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtGBFaTKjS4

God bless Buhari and APC government. Elderly Igbos will definitely vote for APC as a thank you
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Emu4life(m): 8:32am On Jan 09, 2023
07kjb:

U are a notorious liar

I don't understand why people hate some one that wants to pull them out from hell

VOTE PETER OBI FOR YOUR SANITY
I only stated my observation, I owe you no explanation.
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by IranianSea: 8:33am On Jan 09, 2023
metaluterus:
kiss

I hope Obi is serious and not taking Nigerians for ride just like Buhari denied his campaign promise
You hope he is serious? Well that's a sound of hope to him in which he himself knows he will never win the election even if one million Jesus is behind him.
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by InfernoNig: 8:34am On Jan 09, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

22,000 Megawatts that only exists on the pages of newspaper

When last did you enjoyed 10hrs uninterrupted power supply in your one room apartment?

Total power supply in a month is not up to 7days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by headboyprince(m): 8:35am On Jan 09, 2023
Emu4life:

I think Power has improved significantly. Even my Village wey no dey get light for 2-3 weeks straight now has 16-20 hrs power daily when I visited last Month. When I asked people for how long? They said it's been 2-3months constant light. There are many places in Nigeria now that enjoy 24/7 uninterrupted power Supply except there's a technical glitch. I think this due to the Recent sack/restructuring of the Discos by the Power ministry.

Remember, when we started seeing improvement, we thought it was cuz of raining season but the Power situation is getting better daily.
Buhari don try for Infrastructure but he is slow in Security and Dumb in Economy.
stop the cap which 24/7 power in Nigeria.. .? p grin
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Bigchristo: 8:35am On Jan 09, 2023
OkutaNla:
Scammer. He's well aware that Nigeria has already raised it's electricity generation capacity to over 20k, just the transmission capacity that is currently being increased in phases. God forbid that he wins, he'll now claim credit for it. Good thing is the Joker isn't going anywhere.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/nigerias-raises-electricity-generating-capacity-to-22000-megawatts/amp/
That 22000 megawatt is only on news paper, we are talking about giving 24hrs supply of electricity for Nigerians, Una too dey talk nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by sapele914(m): 8:35am On Jan 09, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

When last did you enjoyed 10hrs uninterrupted power supply in your one room apartment?
It is distribution problem, go and check your transformer.
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by MeineMutter: 8:35am On Jan 09, 2023
obynzo:

Power is the exclusive preserve of the FG to handle and not states. Try and talk with sense it will help you.
Add this to your knowledge: power is not totally exclusive to FG. Where states generate up to and above 18 megawatts, that’s when the law says excess above 18 megawatts should be linked to national grid. And it’s one of the reasons states are not interested in generating power.

You would see that Lagos state generates for critical infrastructure, deliberately, below 18 megawatts, and in piecemeal, so as to circumvent the law of exclusivity on power.
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by sapele914(m): 8:35am On Jan 09, 2023
Bigchristo:
That 2200 megawatt is only on news paper, we are talking about giving 24hrs supply of electricity for Nigerians, Una too dey talk nonsense
Can you afford 24 hrs electricity? When electricity bill comes, story go enter, no be me use the electricity, the bill is too high.
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Emu4life(m): 8:36am On Jan 09, 2023
Smith414:
Gee Ghana dey celebrate 10years of interrupted supply, you dey celebrate 2-3months and na we dey supply Ghana light,, make God help us
There are places in Nigeria that experience uninterrupted Power supply. Ghana is not even as big as Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Starzo: 8:36am On Jan 09, 2023
BUHARI talk pss this one

I'm sorry but politicians just don't inspire any confidence in me whatsoever
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Goodday90(m): 8:36am On Jan 09, 2023
Mandate2023:

Obi does not fit to sit on d same table with Fashola......Fashola is far beyond obi in all ramifications and if he failed obi does not stand a chance grin grin grin grin every right thinking person knows that tinubu is far above obi in all aspects of life except u ipigs that r delusional grin if tinubu is a Dillard as u said and he made it to dis point then ur father is a dead skull for not making a name for himself
Fashola is overrated,somebody that couldn’t raise even 20mw,Fashola should have just remained in Lagos sucking bulaba’s dey balls instead of disgracing his lineage in Abuja
You insult me father,I am not mad because I know it’s why you Yorubas do,always insulting one’s mother and father,it’s normal over there
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by LocalStandard1(m): 8:37am On Jan 09, 2023
OkutaNla:
Scammer. He's well aware that Nigeria has already raised it's electricity generation capacity to over 20k, just the transmission capacity that is currently being increased in phases. God forbid that he wins, he'll now claim credit for it. Good thing is the Joker isn't going anywhere.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/nigerias-raises-electricity-generating-capacity-to-22000-megawatts/amp/
22,000? Baba where did you get that nonsense from? 4,000 to 22,000 and we're still in the same level of light accessibility till?

Pls be smart and stop believing nonsense.
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by stuffs2002: 8:38am On Jan 09, 2023
SLAP44:
He has the capacity to do that. I can trust whatever Peter Obi says, I was very close to his administration back then in Anambra state, he will never promise a thing and not pursue it with passion.

IPOB DUMBNESS does not have limits
1) Obi AKA Mr. Poverty rose Anambra poverty level from 25% to 68%
2) While Obi was governor, strike was the order of the day as teachers, doctors lecturers were all on strike
3) Obi went to Egypt to study power systems for three days yet it took many years for university graduates in electrical engineering achieve that. Same Obi that graduated with a 3rd class in social sciences after spending over 10 years in the university
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Teacher1776(m): 8:38am On Jan 09, 2023
Mandate2023:

Obi does not fit to sit on d same table with Fashola......Fashola is far beyond obi in all ramifications and if he failed obi does not stand a chance grin grin grin grin every right thinking person knows that tinubu is far above obi in all aspects of life except u ipigs that r delusional grin if tinubu is a Dillard as u said and he made it to dis point then ur father is a dead skull for not making a name for himself
All your useless abuses didn't change one fact that you do not even have control over yourself. Tinubu is a rogue and dullard.
If you can't accept this fact, the lagoon is patiently waiting for you.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by space9880: 8:38am On Jan 09, 2023
OkutaNla:

F**l
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Emu4life(m): 8:39am On Jan 09, 2023
headboyprince:
stop the cap which 24/7 power in Nigeria.. .? p grin
Pretty sure you are from the Southern part of the Country. Una dey suffer for there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by sapele914(m): 8:39am On Jan 09, 2023
Starzo:
BUHARI talk pss this one

I'm sorry but politicians just don't inspire any confidence in me whatsoever
Nothing like politician, everyone is a political creature by nature, some prefer to sit on the fence & watch, whilst others involve themselves in the activities of politicking by proxy or by themselves, it is your choice.
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by stuffs2002: 8:40am On Jan 09, 2023
ugodson:
Looking at Obi and Datti pictures these people really look like a President and Vice President. Why not Nigerians give theses once a chance in making Nigeria great again than old people.

Please truthfully think about it, jagaban wants to continue where Bubu stopped (just imagine) where is Nigeria today. We all know this is a failed government.

Lets do our part and vote and let God continue from there. Dont Datti look like a future president?
For people looking for fault am an Igbo man

Only IPOB will say a 62 years old man is a youth
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by space9880: 8:40am On Jan 09, 2023
Emu4life:

I think Power has improved significantly. Even my Village wey no dey get light for 2-3 weeks straight now has 16-20 hrs power daily when I visited last Month. When I asked people for how long? They said it's been 2-3months constant light. There are many places in Nigeria now that enjoy 24/7 uninterrupted power Supply except there's a technical glitch. I think this due to the Recent sack/restructuring of the Discos by the Power ministry.

Remember, when we started seeing improvement, we thought it was cuz of raining season but the Power situation is getting better daily.
Buhari don try for Infrastructure but he is slow in Security and Dumb in Economy.
Rubbish, in my area they still ration our light and you say there improvement… Haa make una dey talk truth abeg
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by SLAP44: 8:41am On Jan 09, 2023
stuffs2002:

IPOB DUMBNESS does not have limits
1) Obi AKA Mr. Poverty rose Anambra poverty level from 25% to 68%
2) While Obi was governor, strike was the order of the day as teachers, doctors lecturers were all on strike
3) Obi went to Egypt to study power systems for three days yet it took many years for university graduates in electrical engineering achieve that. Same Obi that graduated with a 3rd class in social sciences after spending over 10 years in the university

You cannot rewrite history, the records of Peter Obi are cast in stone. Nobody can erase his good records. Nigeria will be better with Peter Obi at the helm of affairs.
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by sapele914(m): 8:42am On Jan 09, 2023
Teacher1776:
All your useless abuses didn't change one fact that you do not even have control over yourself. Tinubu is a rogue and dullard.
If you can't accept this fact, the lagoon is patiently waiting for you.
someone more qualified, more exposed & educated than your papa in every sphere is a dullard? I don’t blame peasants like you, boys squatters mentality.
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by headboyprince(m): 8:44am On Jan 09, 2023
Emu4life:
Pretty sure you are from the Southern part of the Country. Una dey suffer for there.
lol I'm not even in the south... There is no 24/7 light in Nigeria. It doesn't exists in Nigeriagrin

1 Like

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by mycar: 8:45am On Jan 09, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
You're living in the past.

Get informed
just tell me any state owned power station in Nigeria.
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Emu4life(m): 8:46am On Jan 09, 2023
headboyprince:
lol I'm not even in the south... There is no 24/7 light in Nigeria. It doesn't exists in Nigeriagrin
K, whatever makes you sleep well.
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Fearyourcreator: 8:46am On Jan 09, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

10hrs?... Light dey my side here... For over 8 years now sef
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by IGoComotYaTeeth: 8:46am On Jan 09, 2023
OkutaNla:

You are not as smart as the Obi you are worshipping. It's not by mistake that he is touting 20k megawatts as his target. That's coz he's aware of the present administration's traction in that respect. You're just another zombie follower.

By the way, I don dey buy Obidient tears, I dey process and export am so you fit donate yours. I pay good money for them too.

grow up kid
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by bibiking7(m): 8:47am On Jan 09, 2023

Capacity has been raised already. Transmission is the problem. The facilities are old and degraded. Hence the Siemens contract to upgrade our transmission and also build a 14k generation plant like the one in Egypt. Most folks don't listen to the news, they only criticize. Someone tried to use this to campaign for me and I was just laughing.
However, I like his choice of words. He did not promise 24 hours power supply. He just talked about raising generation capacity.

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by mycar: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2023
sapele914:
someone more qualified, more exposed & educated than your papa in every sphere is a dullard? I don’t blame peasants like you, boys squatters mentality.
At least his father knows what Test the microphone is, grin
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Fearyourcreator: 8:49am On Jan 09, 2023
SLAP44:

Traction with zero results in 8 years?

What sort of brainless failures do we have as citizens of Nigeria?
Light has been stable in my area for some years ...
My generator don spoil sef
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by sapele914(m): 8:50am On Jan 09, 2023
mycar:

At least his father knows what Test the microphone is, grin
It is not usual for peasants & slaves to make mockery of their masters so says Ecclesiastes.

Lazy Almijiri keep gloating in your penury waiting for others to come & make your life pleasant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Meets With Northern Senators Over Nigeria's Unity. Photos / Saraki Not Qualified To Be A Leader – APC / Security: Forest Guards Kick Off In Enugu As Ugwuanyi Takes More Proactive Measu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.