Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply (14719 Views)

Adebayo Adelabu: Nigeria Gets 40,000MW Power From Generators / FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat / We Have Secured N567bn To Deliver 20,000MW Electricity – TCN Boss Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by TheLawAsItIs: 7:15am On Jan 09, 2023
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, has said that if elected president in 2023, the first four years of his administration will ensure that 20,000MW of power is distributed to solve the electricity problem in the country.

He said the problem with the electricity in the country was the lack of proper intervention by those in charge of the sector.

Obi said this on Sunday when he and his running mate, Datti Baba-Ahmed, appeared on Channels Television’s The People’s Town Hall Meeting.

He said, “I don’t think the power is stubborn. It is the people who are trying to solve it that are not doing the right thing. We are not the only country that has power problem. People have solved it everywhere.

“This is not rocket science. It has been done in several countries of the world, so why is our own different? Yes, there have been issues where we will say that the privatisation of the process which was started or completed did not go well. We are not going to revisit or cancel existing positions. We are going to make it work.

“What do we need to do in power? It is to first unbundle the transmission line because today, we are generating up to 10,000MW but the transmission line cannot carry that. So, we are going to support the GenCos who are existing, unbundle the transmission line and support the discos to make sure that at least whatever is produced is wheeled and distributed accordingly and you have to do this strictly under a guideline properly supervised.”

When asked to tell Nigerians the amount of power his administration will provide in two years if elected, Obi said, “I have said it, within the first four years, we will be able to distribute nothing less than 20,000.

https://punchng.com/obi-promises-20000mw-power-supply/#Echobox=1673242383

119 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by metaluterus(f): 7:16am On Jan 09, 2023
kiss

I hope Obi is serious and not taking Nigerians for ride just like Buhari denied his campaign promise

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by PrinceOfLagos: 7:17am On Jan 09, 2023
Mr talk and do, On your mandate We stand Gidigba

270 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by PrinceOfLagos: 7:20am On Jan 09, 2023
I am 29yrs old, A youth and contesting in this election for a better Nigeria for all through Mr Peter Obi So is over 160 million other Nigerians, We will win by the grace of God .

202 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by OkutaNla: 7:26am On Jan 09, 2023
Scammer. He's well aware that Nigeria has already raised it's electricity generation capacity to over 20k, just the transmission capacity that is currently being increased in phases. God forbid that he wins, he'll now claim credit for it. Good thing is the Joker isn't going anywhere.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/nigerias-raises-electricity-generating-capacity-to-22000-megawatts/amp/

87 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by PrinceOfLagos: 7:28am On Jan 09, 2023
OkutaNla:
Scammer. He's well aware that Nigeria has already raised it's electricity generation capacity to over 20k, just the transmission capacity is being increased. God forbid that he wins, he'll now claim credit for it. Good thing is the Joker isn't going anywhere.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/nigerias-raises-electricity-generating-capacity-to-22000-megawatts/amp/
22,000 Megawatts that only exists on the pages of newspaper

When last did you enjoyed 10hrs uninterrupted power supply in your one room apartment?

232 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by OkutaNla: 7:31am On Jan 09, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

When last did you see light in your face me and face you apartment

You are not as smart as the Obi you are worshipping. It's not by mistake that he is touting 20k megawatts as his target. That's coz he's aware of the present administration's traction in that respect. You're just another zombie follower.

By the way, I don dey buy Obidient tears, I dey process and export am so you fit donate yours. I pay good money for them too.

78 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by SLAP44: 7:32am On Jan 09, 2023
He has the capacity to do that. I can trust whatever Peter Obi says, I was very close to his administration back then in Anambra state, he will never promise a thing and not pursue it with passion.

170 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by PrinceOfLagos: 7:33am On Jan 09, 2023
OkutaNla:

You are not as smart as the Obi you are worshipping. It's not by mistake that he is touting 20k megawatts as his target. It's coz he's aware of the present administration's traction in that respect. You're just another zombie follower.

Obi promised he will add 20,000 Megawatts to Nigeria current power grid and here you are crying as always

Aren't you tired of wailing morning and night on Peter Obi case ?..

I thought you said he's structureless and will disappear when campaigns proper starts grin

170 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Praktikals(m): 7:34am On Jan 09, 2023
grin
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Emu4life(m): 7:34am On Jan 09, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

When last did you enjoyed 10hrs uninterrupted power supply in your one room apartment?
I think Power has improved significantly. Even my Village wey no dey get light for 2-3 weeks straight now has 16-20 hrs power daily when I visited last Month. When I asked people for how long? They said it's been 2-3months constant light. There are many places in Nigeria now that enjoy 24/7 uninterrupted power Supply except there's a technical glitch. I think this due to the Recent sack/restructuring of the Discos by the Power ministry.

Remember, when we started seeing improvement, we thought it was cuz of raining season but the Power situation is getting better daily.
Buhari don try for Infrastructure but he is slow in Security and Dumb in Economy.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by SLAP44: 7:35am On Jan 09, 2023
OkutaNla:

You are not as smart as the Obi you are worshipping. It's not by mistake that he is touting 20k megawatts as his target. It's coz he's aware of the present administration's traction in that respect. You're just another zombie follower.

Traction with zero results in 8 years?

What sort of brainless failures do we have as citizens of Nigeria?

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Lanretoye(m): 7:35am On Jan 09, 2023
Like he did in anambra,we don hear.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Dialpad: 7:35am On Jan 09, 2023
How can he make such promise... I bet he didn't
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Tunechi5(m): 7:35am On Jan 09, 2023
Ok
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by iCauseTrouble: 7:35am On Jan 09, 2023
angry
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by SLAP44: 7:35am On Jan 09, 2023
OkutaNla:
Scammer. He's well aware that Nigeria has already raised it's electricity generation capacity to over 20k, just the transmission capacity is being increased. God forbid that he wins, he'll now claim credit for it. Good thing is the Joker isn't going anywhere.

People like you should be flogged publicly by the government for your lack of thinking capacity.

I am in a blackout for the third time in 2 days and you're talking about an imaginary 20k megawatts while generator wan tear my ears?

Some zombies are irredeemable.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by DSC7: 7:35am On Jan 09, 2023
Obi all the way!!!

When Obi speaks, OBIdients, mikano boys and Agbado boys gets the message sound and clear...

But when the microphone licker speaks, he leaves everybody in confusion...

Example;An expressway is a super highway for generating electricity but PDP could not make a down payment for a roasted corn... grin cheesy

Vote wisely!!!

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Manny21: 7:35am On Jan 09, 2023
Interesting! If only the generator mafia will allow you. You want to put companies like Milkano, Yamaha, Thermocool out of business in Nigeria? But that is the only way to go. Smash the bastards!

10 Likes

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by MrPRevailer(m): 7:35am On Jan 09, 2023
Peter Obi do you realise this makes you a chief Enemy of the globalist/ parasites (WEF, U.N, global wlites/parasites) because you are working against their One World (Communist) global agenda. 2030agenda

Just another reason why they will fight more to steal this election with compromised voting machines. But with God nothing shall be impossible. Mercy o Lord.

t. me/TheConspiracyHole/12559

https://twitter.com/bitcoin_brown/status/1383624639377645571 (VIDEO OF ORCHESTRATED PLANDEMIC AGENDA)

4 Likes

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Faber(m): 7:35am On Jan 09, 2023
It is absurd to think that the Light himself will not give us steady light...light will produce light, drug will produce drugs and Mikano will import more mikano generators. So Peter Obi carry go we dey your back 100%

19 Likes

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by pocom35: 7:36am On Jan 09, 2023
It is possible..
He just has to follow the Siemens project embarked upon by bubu..
If he can use subsidy money for power..it is very possible to achieve this..

Hope the usual politics won't come in the way like it did for the 2nd Niger bridge..
Check it out below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtGBFaTKjS4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:36am On Jan 09, 2023
OBIdient scammer

Let's check his antecedent, how many megawatt did he met and left Anambra State power?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Crystalom5: 7:36am On Jan 09, 2023
T
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by ugodson(m): 7:36am On Jan 09, 2023
Looking at Obi and Datti pictures these people really look like a President and Vice President. Why not Nigerians give theses once a chance in making Nigeria great again than old people.

Please truthfully think about it, jagaban wants to continue where Bubu stopped (just imagine) where is Nigeria today. We all know this is a failed government.

Lets do our part and vote and let God continue from there. Dont Datti look like a future president?
For people looking for fault am an Igbo man

9 Likes

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Tunasco4u(m): 7:36am On Jan 09, 2023
Ok
Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:36am On Jan 09, 2023
Easier said than done.
Tell us how many megawatt was added to Anambra power when he was Governor

PrinceOfLagos:

Obi promised he will add 20,000 Megawatts to Nigeria current power grid and here you are crying as always

Aren't you tired of wailing morning and night on Peter Obi case ?..

I thought you said he's structureless and will disappear when campaigns proper starts grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by GardenOfGod(m): 7:37am On Jan 09, 2023
He will deliver.... His visit to Egypt wasn't for medical purposes unlike Tinubu the known drug lord who travels abroad to inject insulin to suppress the effect of heroin in his blood. grin
Nigeria will never be governed by a known drug Cartel member in the person of Tinubu. God forbid!

OBI-DATTI for a better Nigeria.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Mandate2023: 7:37am On Jan 09, 2023
grin grin grin grin dis guy thinks all Nigerians are foolish like his ipigs and zombidients grin grin guy man just dey make mouth up and down and his foolish ppl r falling for his scam grin

8 Likes

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:37am On Jan 09, 2023
It is absolutely possible. As long as the political will is there. I trust in Obi Datti

9 Likes

Re: Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply by Honchoslim16(m): 7:37am On Jan 09, 2023
All cap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Free To Video, Take Photos Of Police Officers On Duty, Says PPRO / States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria / PDP Against Igbo Presidency – APC Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.