Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi (17540 Views)

Flavour, Phyno Attend Peter Obi & Pat Utomi Lecture In Howard University (Video) / Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye / Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by Ofunaofu: 2:27pm On Jan 09, 2023
Renowned political economist, Professor Pat Utomi has said the aggrieved Nigerian youths that are tired of the terrible state of the country discovered the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi.

He said Nigerian youths have been leaving the country in search of greener pastures overseas, but those who cannot go are those fighting for the nation’s progress by bringing Obi out to be president.

Professor Utomi made these points known in an exclusive interview with The Niche.

The youths of Nigeria, fed up enough about the structure and the nature of Nigeria, seeing it denying them opportunity began to respond first by leaving the country – the so-called Japa phenomenon,” Utomi said.

The don also said the youth registered their first grievances against the government through #EndSARS protests staged to call for the termination of police brutality.

He continued, “Those who could were leaving. Many were dying in the deserts, just looking for opportunity anywhere outside of Nigeria.

“And then, some decided that it was time to fight back. And their first form of organisation to fight back was against police brutality – ENDSARS. And the state met them with brutality.

“And without their saying a lot, they then determined that they were going to go out and organise and use the political process to defeat those who were oppressing them, those who kept their knees on the necks of the generation next.

“So, out of nowhere sprang what has come to be known as the support groups. They somehow discovered Peter Obi from what he was saying and decided that he will be their vehicle.

“And that vehicle built its momentum. The momentum that that vehicle built was to say to the next generation there is hope; if you organise, you can stop agonising and get rid of these people who keep you down.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/how-youths-discovered-peter-obi-pat-utomi/

131 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by saintkel(m): 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2023
Dis won't make frontpage

18 Likes

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by Abfinest007(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2023
Obi is Nigeria.nigeria is obi

255 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by 1Dray(m): 3:06pm On Jan 09, 2023
Obi is the people's choice.
cc: nlfpmod

208 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by IgOga(m): 3:07pm On Jan 09, 2023
grin grin grin Youths discovered Obi ke grin grin grin grin

Abeg na who be running mate to Atiku in 2019

25 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by opalu: 3:54pm On Jan 09, 2023
You Vote for your children's future IF you Vote Peter Obi (LP)

187 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by newnet: 3:55pm On Jan 09, 2023
Yes the people's president

4 Likes

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by Fcwilly: 3:55pm On Jan 09, 2023
Very good job

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by Fcwilly: 3:55pm On Jan 09, 2023
Nice work

7 Likes

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by Praktikals(m): 3:55pm On Jan 09, 2023
grin
Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by Maazieze(m): 3:56pm On Jan 09, 2023
IgOga:

I believe its due to Peter obi being a relatively high up political figure who isnt part of the 2 party blocks, what attracts the youth is that he is divorced from PDP and APC. Its all about signalling dissatisfaction with the current ruling elite. Next election after feburary if the winning president doesnt do well he will likely get booted as their is now a high demand for competency.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by tony0806: 3:56pm On Jan 09, 2023
people steal public funds, not necessarily for themselves. But for there families and by extension, their loved once. The reason for this is simply because they want to secure a better "tomorrow" for their dependents.

So if OBI-DATTI can assure Nigerians that our loved once have a secured tomorrow, which includes food, shelter and education, I can assure Nigerians that this will be the beginning of a new Nigeria.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by SoftP(m): 3:56pm On Jan 09, 2023
I’m yet to see anyone outside Social media that boldly campaigns for the Dubai Landlord & Baba-blue’

They seems not to be confident with the personality of their preferred candidate offline.

Una go learn new things

Obi-Datti for 2023

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by emmanuelbrown26: 3:56pm On Jan 09, 2023
Mudafukers no go read.
Prof sir, only sensible youths not all youths bcs we hv many useless youths both online and offline.
We hv youths that are only after today not to morrow or future.
Obi has set d pace for others to follow. He came with ideal of "I no dey give shi shi" ever since then, everybody just dey comport en self.
Now celebrities are afraid of associating with PDP, Apc and other political parties, all bcs of d state of d nation.
Why should one even think of voting APC again if not madness and stupidity.
A party that closed d whole borders in d south while northern borders are open for transaction.

23 Likes

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by sencekompis: 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2023
HOW IPOB ASSOCIATES DISCOVERED Obi

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by Shawl001(m): 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2023
I wish the youths can truly canvass for this man. Let's give him a try. We've seen other candidates, we know who they truly are. We cannot afford to try them out again.

Can the youths come together once more...like they did during ENDSARS, cos this is more than police brutality. This is the future of our nation and the unborn generations.
I don't want any of our kids to ever queue to buy fuel or live there lives to always hearing the sound of generators...its unfair. This thing is paining me.
How can some people claim monopoly over what's meant for everyone. That's Greed, utter Greed. And it should be fought against by all means.
Get your PVC, and prepare to vote in the Man we all want... PO

20 Likes

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by TechW: 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2023
APC shot themselves when they denied osinbajo the opportunity cool

18 Likes

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by femi1743: 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2023
hmmmm - did we discover him ?
I wonder how the elections would have shaped up if we had Osibanjo (APC) vs Peter Obi (PDP)

5 Likes

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by planetE(m): 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2023
I’m a southwesterner. You can not say a particular region is inconsequential in the political circle and make use of its available resources to develop other regions

My vote and that of my household goes directly to Peter Obi. He has the ability to rescue our nation from the prolonged mess in every sector

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2023
grin Jonathan PDP, Atiku PDP

They discovered Peter Obi..

Atiku is coming

2 Likes

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by SUNDAYSIO(m): 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2023
No be lie

2 Likes

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by Moh247: 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2023
cool

To think I used to listen to this guy as an economist

Pat Utomi actually want that dunce and his crying Vice on us over party Politics

4 Likes

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by FalseProphet1(m): 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2023
This was how I was discover too by the youths and today I'm telling them the future.

Anyways I see Peter Obi winning next month's election.

This I have seen.

3 Likes

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by Parachoko: 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2023
Lol
Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by Igba123: 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2023
I want to be the next president of Nigeria through Obi. I don't want to leave my destiny and that of my children in the hands of rogues. I want to be in charge.
If like me you would like to be in charge from may 29th 2023 vote Peter okwute Obi. If you're tired of complaining about bad governance, vote Peter okwute Obi. If you want to take responsibility for what happens Henceforth and not look for who to blame, vote Peter okwute Obi. With we and obi as president we can always speak and hear our voices and act accordingly.

9 Likes

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by kay1one(m): 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2023
In a few weeks, TINUBU will be retired to London. Atiku to Dubai. Obi will move into aso villa.

In Jesus mighty name, Amen!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by sencekompis: 3:59pm On Jan 09, 2023
Omo ibo deceiceiving omo ibo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by Maazieze(m): 3:59pm On Jan 09, 2023
sencekompis:
HOW IPOB ASSOCIATES DISCOVERED Obi

So anyone that doesnt support the political duopoly is an IPOB agent? I remember when louts like you labelled the ENDSARS protests as IPOB or an attempt to overthrow the government, is this how any political participation is to be demonised? Because if so either you or your grandchildren will live to suffer like north koreans.

11 Likes

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by clinician2x: 3:59pm On Jan 09, 2023
IgOga:

How youths with brains discovered Peter obi. Obviously brains has become a scarce item. Many people de waka like zombies with nothing inside brains.

6 Likes

Re: How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi by opeldavid: 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2023
Just vote for Peter Obi. Simple.
Go to your various wards to pick up your PVC. Deadline is 22nd January, 2023.
Youths, vote wisely. Your future is at stake and your future is in your hands.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital / JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps / Boko-Haram Suspects Dressed Like Women Killed In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.