Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today (31560 Views)

Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale / Flavour, Phyno Attend Peter Obi & Pat Utomi Lecture In Howard University (Video) / Calistus Okafor Faction Of LP To Hold Presidential Primary Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by HiFive: 6:41am On May 30, 2022
Peter Obi, former governor of Anambra, and Pat Utomi, a professor of political economy, are set to contest the presidential ticket of the Labour Party (LP).

TheCable understands that the national convention of the party is set to hold on Monday in Asaba, the Delta capital.

A source in the party told TheCable that Obi and Utomi are the two leading presidential candidates of the party.

On Friday, Obi, a presidential aspirant, joined LP hours after announcing the resignation of his membership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Advertisement
The former Anambra governor said his decision to join LP aligns with the interest of Nigerians across different sectors, adding that he wants to take the country from consumption to production.

“Therefore, I have chosen a route that I consider to be in line with our aspirations and my mantra of taking the country from consumption to production; and that is the Labour Party which is synonymous with the people, workers, development, production, securing and uniting Nigerians as one family,” Obi had said.

Utomi, co-convener the National Consultative Front (NCFront), is one of the stakeholders creating awareness on the need for a third force that will break the dominance of two major political parties in the country.
https://www.thecable.ng/peter-obi-pat-utomi-to-contest-labour-party-presidential-primary-on-monday/amp

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Tonypens48(m): 6:43am On May 30, 2022
Naija Youths, get your PVC now.
Your destiny is in your hands.
Take Charge of your future and that of your unborn kids.

The extension of voter registration would give more time for eligible Nigerians to exercise their right to participation during the 2023 and subsequent elections.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime,
God bless Nigeria.

Kindly check my signature below for your academic research writing assistance, Assignments, Projects, and content writing with Zero plagiarism.

179 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by blazepascal(m): 6:44am On May 30, 2022
I didn't know when these post reach front page still sleeping bcus of sit at home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by helinues: 6:45am On May 30, 2022
Have Labour party settled their inhouse fighting cos they have 2 party chairman

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Tonypens48(m): 6:46am On May 30, 2022
"It is better to lose doing the right thing than to win doing the wrong thing..."PO cry

Kindly like in support of "Peter obi"

God bless the federal republic of Nigeria.

Kindly check my signature below for your academic research writing assistance, Assignments, Projects, and content writing with Zero plagiarism.

297 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by pmc01(m): 6:49am On May 30, 2022
Interesting!

Where Pat Utomi dey all these time sef

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Gamezi(m): 6:49am On May 30, 2022

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Mumusaphire: 6:50am On May 30, 2022
Pat utomi will win or step down.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by tuoyoojo(m): 6:50am On May 30, 2022
No financial inducement for any delegates

Them go vote according to what the aspirants have to deliver

This is how democracy should be

204 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by ckmayoca: 6:50am On May 30, 2022
Nothing for their delegates

39 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Benki003(m): 6:50am On May 30, 2022
Is it a must that other guy must contest grin grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Felixtuta(m): 6:50am On May 30, 2022
Na look I just dey look Obi grin

20 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Mynd44: 6:50am On May 30, 2022
helinues:
Have Labour party settled their inhouse fighting cos they have 2 party chairman
3 party chairmen

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Winters23: 6:51am On May 30, 2022
grin
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Corporate2020: 6:51am On May 30, 2022
Pat is MAD. After ruining Volkswagen and Bank PHD, the idiot wants to ruin Nigeria. Aiye e ma run ni

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by helinues: 6:51am On May 30, 2022
Mynd44:

3 party chairmen

3 Kwa??

Court litigations loading after this primary

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by NothingDoMe: 6:52am On May 30, 2022
Utomi the theorist. Lol.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by danny086(m): 6:52am On May 30, 2022
This is the best man for this country come 2023.... Make I go dust my PCV. PO u gat my vote.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Elyonwings: 6:52am On May 30, 2022
Amen
Tonypens48:
Naija Youths, get your PVC now.
Your destiny is in your hands.
Take Charge of your future and that of your unborn kids.

The extension of voter registration would give more time for eligible Nigerians to exercise their right to participation during the 2023 and subsequent elections.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime,
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by gambia(m): 6:53am On May 30, 2022
Labour party has no structure locally, its quite impossible to make a difference in the upcoming presidential election, thats just the simple truth.

29 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Skillsnigeria: 6:53am On May 30, 2022
Ok
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by vr0xen: 6:53am On May 30, 2022
grin
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Tonypens48(m): 6:53am On May 30, 2022
H
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Boyooosa(m): 6:54am On May 30, 2022
Dem no merge with sdp and the rest again?

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by dmedicare(m): 6:54am On May 30, 2022
Way to go. Nigerian youths, it's time to take charge.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by PoliteActivist: 6:54am On May 30, 2022
#Movement MPO!!!
It's going to be GOOD (MPO) vs EVIL (Tinubu or Atiku)
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Ifesinachi22(m): 6:54am On May 30, 2022
Peter Obi ran arguably the best election campaign in Anambra (still) as far back as 2003.

"Are we cursed or are we the cause?"

I was a kid back then, but it was so good it reverberated everywhere...and everyone bought it.

The people bought it, and the people voted him in even though he ran under an almost unknown party, in a state that was firmly under PDP's grasp.

...and what is happening now, 20 years later, is almost what played out back then.

Reason he ran under APGA.

PDP didn't see him coming, and they've not been able to get back the state since then.

I see people talking about how Nigeria is a two-party state and no one can win if they're not in PDP or APC...and I don't know if it's just plain ignorance or selective dishonesty.

First, Nigeria doesn't run a party system in the true sense of the term.

Both APC and PDP are really from the same family, recycling the same set of politicians from the same pool. So there's nothing like party...there's just interests and structure.

Before 2014, APC as a party was not existing. It was mostly just PDP and a bunch of upcoming parties (yes, I'll call them upcoming. I don't know why we're acting like we have forgotten.

Three parties came together and formed APC to give them structure...and at the same time, they pulled some big names from PDP, weakening PDP's structure.

Then they ran one of the best opposition campaigns so far in our history...and they produced a President in less than two years of formation.

Like I said, I don't know if it's ignorance or selective dishonesty, or just sheer stupidity... that is making some of us believe "Peter Obi's political career is finished" and "he can't win outside the two parties" just because he left the PDP.

First of all, Peter Obi has always ran personality campaigns. To him, the party is just a vehicle...and he's always loyal, once you don't play any funny tricks.

He ran one in 2003 with APGA, and won. He was the one that gave APGA the current structure it has.

PDP was always supposed to be a vehicle to get him to where he needed to be, and he was willing to serve if that was what it takes. For him to leave now, he's a victim of politricks, and they played a card he didn't consider fair.

But his leaving has driven PDP back to 2015 when they lost the people's backing...cos they just lost it again.

He only needs to form a powerful alliance, and draw more big names from both APC and PDP...and boom, Nigeria becomes a three-party state. This would also give him the structure he needs.

But structure or no structure, if Nigerians come out to vote en masse, we can elect who we want to elect.

Nigeria's youths alone represent about 40m of our 200m population. The last two elections didn't even see a total of 40m voter turnout.

If we give Peter 40m votes, it can win him the election. And even if it's stolen from him...Peter is not exactly new to the courts. He has reclaimed his stolen mandate twice...from PDP. You really think he'll allow them steal it again?

...and if you think Peter Obi can't sponsor his own election campaign comfortably, then you obviously do not know this man well enough.

Anyways, my entire point is. If you do not want Peter Obi to win, that's okay. It's cool. Just chest your bias and say so already. Just stop spreading the false narratives as a faux Peter Obi supporter.

It's obvious Nigeria is not ready to fix itself. Some of us are ready to put up a good fight. It's either you're with us, or you're not. But don't claim to be with us and at the same time trying to demoralise us.

Respect your manhood.

138 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by smatt1711: 6:54am On May 30, 2022
If Peter Obi loose to Utomi today, dey go admit people for hospital oh.

Which one is primary again for Labour Party?

And Pat don dey de party since

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by sonature1: 6:54am On May 30, 2022
Corporate2020:
Pat is MAD

Stop using a foul language, oga

Meanwhile, Pat should step down and work with Peter Obi if he really wants the party to go far.

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governors Sanwo-Olu & Oyebanji Open Oyingbo Overpass (Photos & Videos). / Amaechi Spent N53bn From N55bn Reserve Fund – Panel / Nnamdi Kanu Prays At Nri Forest In Anambra (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.