Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 (20457 Views)

Eden Hazard Retires From professional football At 32 / Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him / Ajuma Ameh Otache Dies At 33 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by Nayturalistic: 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2023
immanuelsize:
Just 33 years, he retired. Let me just mention an average players like him which is still active. The likes of Pepe that is 39, Dani Aves @ 39, Abra that is above 40 nko . Even one player like that which i can't remember his name was still active @ 52 years in Japanese league. It is too early for him to retire from club unless he has medical related issue.

You know nothing bro.. Gareth Bale was far from an average player.. Go check and balance ham come.

1 Like

Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by gulfer: 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2023
Injuries were never kind to @Gareth_Bale undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by Ofunaofu: 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2023
Femich18:
You have tried. A great player. Some players will never forget him and Number 1 on the list is Bartra former Barca player

Followed by Maicon of inter Milan
Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by snoopz: 7:03pm On Jan 09, 2023
All thanks to Madrid the set him up for life with that salary and no playing time grin

1 Like

Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by GoldenJAT(m): 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2023
Elzazzi:

You should be more concerned with fulfilling yours grin grin grin
Remind me again!! When that your madness start??
Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by Kelvin3476: 7:34pm On Jan 09, 2023
immanuelsize:
Just 33 years, he retired. Let me just mention an average players like him which is still active. The likes of Pepe that is 39, Dani Aves @ 39, Ibra that is above 40 nko . Even one player like that which i can't remember his name was still active @ 52 years in Japanese league. It is too early for him to retire from club unless he has medical related issue.
the king that is playing for portimonense of portugal ?

1 Like

Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:43pm On Jan 09, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Sad.

If Messi @ 36, modric @38 and Ronaldo @ 38 are still there I think he can add a few years nah undecided

If na Nigerian nah dem go say true age don tell on him....dat he is above the 33yrs stated but forgets body system are not the same.

1 Like

Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 09, 2023
immanuelsize:
Just 33 years, he retired. Let me just mention an average players like him which is still active. The likes of Pepe that is 39, Dani Aves @ 39, Ibra that is above 40 nko . Even one player like that which i can't remember his name was still active @ 52 years in Japanese league. It is too early for him to retire from club unless he has medical related issue.

Let's drop some numbers

Average age of retirement of footballers: 35

Average length of a footballer career: 8 years

Bale is just as close to the average as a top footballer, especially since he even lasted 13-15 years.

Yeah, alves and ibra are still at it, but they are rare. Plus they don't play full 90 minutes, and their names are not menitoned like say ten years ago. Ibra does not even play national team football again, and alves was not that frequent at the world cup. Plus they are rare. Most of their contemporaries have retired since 35 years of age.

Even the Japanese player you mentioned does not play top league football and as last i heard comes on for about 15 minutes per game. And is more of a coach even.

Finally ten years of getting hit all over your body in the name of football takes its toll. Marco Van Basten ( google him) retired at 28 be cause the injuries took its toll on his legs. Imagine a 30 year old.

2 Likes

Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 09, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Sad.

If Messi @ 36, modric @38 and Ronaldo @ 38 are still there I think he can add a few years nah undecided

Messi, Modric and ronaldo are the exxeption. Not the rule.

Most of Messi's contemporaries have retired or are playing at lower divisions. None of them got selected for the Argentine national team this world cup ( aguero might have been if he was not hurt)

1 Like

Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by OdaNobunaga(m): 8:14pm On Jan 09, 2023
Elzazzi:

You should be more concerned with fulfilling yours grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by Mryacks: 8:18pm On Jan 09, 2023
Abbeyme:
What an age to retire from active duties.

I tell u...in Nigeria most youths have not even started or about to start life grin

2 Likes

Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by Mryacks: 8:20pm On Jan 09, 2023
What a player for club and country once he moved to Real Madrid from Spurs! Scored some big goals in big games...Thank you Bale

1 Like

Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by yemzone(m): 8:23pm On Jan 09, 2023
Samunique:
And some bad Belle people are mocking Ronaldo who's still playing @38.

See life o !

Meanwhile congrats to Bale, you've paid your dues !!

If Bale was a Nigerian, they will say he cheated with his age, retiring at 33.

In fact, it's Nigerians that will be first to crucify him.

We hate ourselves in this country no be small o.

All our sports journalists are white ass lickers. undecided
No be lie. That was what came to my mind when I saw some comments.
Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by samwash(m): 8:51pm On Jan 09, 2023
BALE the BAALE of Walse football.
I believe you retired too soon joor, maybe you are going into the coaching carrier just like your counterpart Southgate which also retired early in football.
Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 09, 2023
Come and join Nigeria politics, it's lucrathief
Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by texannaija: 8:57pm On Jan 09, 2023
Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by texannaija: 8:59pm On Jan 09, 2023
Ezeego1:

see you,

Ronaldo's One hour salary is all you need to escape poverty.

Use your head ooo

Is he your brother?

1 Like

Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by 118enny: 9:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
I didn't even read the whole epistle but to see him retiring from international and club football hurts my feelingI didn't even read the whole epistle but to see him retiring from international and club football hurts my feeling...
Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by Duru009(m): 9:36pm On Jan 09, 2023
The BIGGEST mistake he made was moving to America he could have stayed in Europe no matter what...

Ronaldo is about to make thesame MISTAKE....
Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by Dyfynezz12(m): 9:40pm On Jan 09, 2023
I remembered his run and goal against man utd when he was at spurs during the 2012/2013 ell season sha,the guy was gud all thru dat season.I think that was his finest season.

1 Like

Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2023
I am sure he has made enough cash to sustain him for the rest of his life.

1 Like

Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by centpado(m): 10:04pm On Jan 09, 2023
Golf is his next calling

1 Like

Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by sexyteeola(f): 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2023
MrFixIt007:
That guy with the Powerful Shot! cool cool cool

Powerful Wetin? Have you heard of Riise?

1 Like

Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by sexyteeola(f): 10:10pm On Jan 09, 2023
Duru009:
The BIGGEST mistake he made was moving to America he could have stayed in Europe no matter what...

Ronaldo is about to make thesame MISTAKE....

Ronaldo make same mistake? He be like say dem Dey fry asun for your head. Ronaldo at 38 is simply enjoying himself before retirement. Bale is only 33

1 Like

Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by babajero(m): 10:15pm On Jan 09, 2023
Ezeego1:

see you,

Ronaldo's One hour salary is all you need to escape poverty.

Use your head ooo
I don't argue that, same as he can't compare with mark zuckerberg. Let's talk about you, how much do you have for your life savings?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by WorkerBoy: 10:23pm On Jan 09, 2023
Ronaldo come n see
Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by mediclife1987(m): 12:35am On Jan 10, 2023
immanuelsize:

No mind am, hin no retire, he's just tired.
Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by mediclife1987(m): 12:36am On Jan 10, 2023
Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 10, 2023
Bale carried penaldo at madrid
Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by BeanX(m): 1:58am On Jan 10, 2023
I wush him the best, though it's too early, he should have waited until he hit 35.
Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by azimibraun: 5:18am On Jan 10, 2023
People saying he retired early, they simply don't know he is aging fast for his other career. Have you all forgotten Zidane and Ancelloti calling him the Golfer? Bale is leaving football to focus on Golf his first love. He will be double champion. Footballer and Golfer. The man has a second career and Job.
Re: Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 by azimibraun: 5:20am On Jan 10, 2023
mediclife1987:

No mind am, hin no retire, he's just tired.
Naija mentality na him dey do Una... Lack of knowledge. Una don forget say him wan focus on him Golf career? Bale first love na golf o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons / Victor Osimhen out for 3 months after cheekbone operation, to miss Nations Cup / Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.