Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? (1260 Views)

Appointments: Tinubu Fair To All Regions – Arthur Eze / The Percentage Of Votes That Tinubu Will Get In All Regions In 2023 Election. / What The IGBOS Saw And Started Agitating ,other Regions Have Seen And Are Dying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Sammy07: 11:21pm On Jan 09, 2023
In west, highest have seen is #300 and it's rare

Same as North Central, even some places in Abuja sells #170.

I was just learning that in Port Harcourt and many places in South South it's sold @#500

And many places in South East, it's sold @#300 - #400

Places like Kaduna, Kano, #270 - #340.

I think this should be addressed, maybe those distributors or marketers have been not been sincere and setting high Profit.
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by christistruth01: 11:26pm On Jan 09, 2023
Cost of Transportation to point of Sale

1 Like

Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Sammy07: 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2023
christistruth01:

Are they all transporting it from One state?

If yes, where?

1 Like

Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by christistruth01: 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2023
Sammy07:

Are they all transporting it from One state?

If yes, where?

From the port of Lagos for refined Crude Oil
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Jogs1900: 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2023
Sammy07:

I was just learning that in Port Harcourt and many places in South South it's sold @#500

I think this should be addressed, maybe those distributors or marketers have been not been sincere and setting high Profit.
It's because inflation rate in the south south is the highest followed by that of South East..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by AfonjaConehead: 12:29am On Jan 10, 2023
Sammy07 old time jetleeee errand pigeon grin:

Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by id4sho(m): 12:52am On Jan 10, 2023
Middle men opportunist

1 Like

Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by owobokiri(m): 1:11am On Jan 10, 2023
christistruth01:

According to your logic, it's cheaper to transport petroleum products from Lagos to Kano than to Anambra or even Delta?
And they can't land the ships at Rivers or Calabar?

7 Likes

Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Bravetunde: 1:21am On Jan 10, 2023
Simple wickeddnes to wickedd ss/se and purnish us.
Peter obi will correct most of these trashh

1 Like

Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by seeyounow: 1:24am On Jan 10, 2023
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Mrsoft3(m): 1:27am On Jan 10, 2023
We have wholesalers and
Retailers and in each of this people prices are different

The cost of transporting this fuel to other non producing region also will increase the cost price of it.

And then the useless DPR collecting bribe and turning a blind eye to increase in fuel price.
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by SmartPolician: 2:18am On Jan 10, 2023
That's exactly what you get when you have old people running your country. He cannot give orders and follow up because he's too old to check himself.

Buhari tells us that he's still paying the subsidy on PMS and there's budgetary provision for it, yet middlemen are dancing Surugede with the prices of PMS across the country.

I know that urchins don't have sense and will definitely vote for Tinubu. However, I just hope that sane people who still want to vote for that old man will reconsider their decision because it's going to be a continuation of this madness.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by blazesam(m): 3:59am On Jan 10, 2023
South West is the worst.... And na here noting the move
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by chrisxxx(m): 4:57am On Jan 10, 2023
Igbo business men are in charge in south south and southeast.
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Sammy07: 5:26am On Jan 10, 2023
christistruth01:

From the port of Lagos for refined Crude Oil

If this is correct, then it should be costlier in The North than South South

1 Like

Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Sammy07: 5:26am On Jan 10, 2023
Jogs1900:

It's because inflation rate in the south south is the highest followed by that of South East..

But how come?
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Sammy07: 5:27am On Jan 10, 2023
AfonjaConehead:

Mu...mu
If you know jetlee, then you've been long some how here, what's your original moniker?
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Sammy07: 5:29am On Jan 10, 2023
Bravetunde:
Simple wickeddnes to wickedd ss/se and purnish us.
Peter obi will correct most of these trashh

Wickedness by who?
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Sammy07: 5:29am On Jan 10, 2023
seeyounow:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Carry this useless map comot
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Sammy07: 5:31am On Jan 10, 2023
Mrsoft3:
We have wholesalers and
Retailers and in each of this people prices are different

The cost of transporting this fuel to other non producing region also will increase the cost price of it.

And then the useless DPR collecting bribe and turning a blind eye to increase in fuel price.

But there are no Oil in the north (forget the groundnut oil they found the other time), how come it's more cheaper than port Harcourt, I'm confused.
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Sammy07: 5:33am On Jan 10, 2023
SmartPolician:
That's exactly what you get when you have old people running your country. He cannot give orders and follow up because he's too old to check himself.

Buhari tells us that he's still paying the subsidy on PMS and there's budgetary provision for it, yet middlemen are dancing Surugede with the prices of PMS across the country.

I know that urchins don't have sense and will definitely vote for Tinubu. However, I just hope that sane people who still want to vote for that old man will reconsider their decision because it's going to be a continuation of this madness.

Leadership is not by age Tho.
And a president can't do it all, that is why he has ministers and governors.

Jonathan wasn't old.
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Sammy07: 5:34am On Jan 10, 2023
blazesam:
South West is the worst.... And na here noting the move

You mean?
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Sammy07: 5:34am On Jan 10, 2023
chrisxxx:
Igbo business men are in charge in south south and southeast.

It should be addressed if they are charging exorbitant prices
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by SmartPolician: 5:41am On Jan 10, 2023
Sammy07:

Leadership is not by age Tho.
And a president can't do it all, that is why he has ministers and governors.

Jonathan wasn't old.

Huncle, leadership has everything to do with age if you are surrounded by evil men who have sworn that your country will never work.

Why do you think the rest of us are praising Babagana Zulum and Dave Umahi? Those guys go like willie-willie to check what contractors are doing unannounced.

In a country where every contractor wants to collect money and vanish into thin air without getting the job done, every leader needs brain and brawn.

Don't say you weren't warned....
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Jogs1900: 5:47am On Jan 10, 2023
Sammy07:

But how come?
I've lived and worked in all the states in the south east before being transferred to the north.... If you want to buy beverages, electronics , clothes or shoes in the East and you complain of the high price they give you,They will tell you it's being transported from Lagos hence the reason for the high price....Even food in the East, all the food sellers sell per plate..Nothing like mama put...If you live in Lagos, you will always be irritated by the high cost of commodities in their markets unlike in the north.Till date, a bag of sachet water is #140 in my area in Kaduna central...There is still #50 bike and they buy the same expensive fuel.Lots of middleman in the East has turned everything to business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Sammy07: 6:07am On Jan 10, 2023
Jogs1900:

I've lived and worked in all the states in the south east before being transferred to the north.... If you want to buy beverages, electronics , clothes or shoes in the East and you complain of the high price they give you,They will tell you it's being transported from Lagos hence the reason for the high price....Even food in the East, all the food sellers sell per plate..Nothing like mama put...If you live in Lagos, you will always be irritated by the high cost of commodities in their markets unlike in the north.Till date, a bag of sachet water is #140 in my area in Kaduna central...There is still #50 bike and they buy the same expensive fuel.Lots of middleman in the East has turned everything to business.

Worrisome, all these should be challenged. Imagine a country where cost of things are very high in some parts of the country and low in other part of the country and medium in another part of the country.

Funny country, if to say na developed country, there won't be any excuse.
E. G, USA, their states has different minimum wages and things are costly depends on where you are.

Apart from insecurities and sun, North dey okay
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Sammy07: 6:10am On Jan 10, 2023
SmartPolician:

Huncle, leadership has everything to do with age if you are surrounded by evil men who have sworn that your country will never work.

Why do you think the rest of us are praising Babagana Zulum and Dave Umahi? Those guys go like willie-willie to check what contractors are doing unannounced.

In a country where every contractor wants to collect money and vanish into thin air without getting the job done, every leader needs brain and brawn.

Don't say you weren't warned....

Well, I still maintain my stand, age isn't the problem but leadership

Yakubu gown
Yahaya bello
Ayade

Very young and useless people

2 Likes

Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Jogs1900: 6:27am On Jan 10, 2023
Sammy07:

Worrisome, all these should be challenged. Imagine a country where cost of things are very high in some parts of the country and low in other part of the country and medium in another part of the country.

Funny country, if to say na developed country, there won't be any excuse.
E. G, USA, their states has different minimum wages and things are costly depends on where you are.

Apart from insecurities and sun, North dey okay
Honestly I'm enjoying my self in the north more than I did in the south concerning finances....The house rent in Places like Enugu, Owerri, Abakaliki is the same as that of Lagos.
I think it will be difficult to check.Food is even cheaper in Lagos than in the south east despite most food being consumed in Lagos are being brought from other states.
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Sammy07: 6:29am On Jan 10, 2023
Jogs1900:

Honestly I'm enjoying my self in the north more than I did in the south concerning finances....The house rent in Places like Enugu, Owerri, Abakaliki is the same as that of Lagos.
I think it will be difficult to check.Food is even cheaper in Lagos than in the south east despite most food being consumed in Lagos are being brought from other states.

But business can't move in the north.

Apart from their state capitals, nothing Dey elsewhere.
Which is not the same In South
Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Jogs1900: 6:42am On Jan 10, 2023
Sammy07:

It depends on what you want to sell in the north... Though I live in the state capital, they have the population to drive business...I see guys selling phone and it's accessories doing fine, okrika clothes,medicine, all these sex enhancers,cosmetics and if you are into foodstuffs, you make good money... Northerners like to eat good food.These are general things one can sell..If you want to go into bar, just go to Barnawa or inside any barrack, you will make money...Even Muslims will patronize you.Kaduna has other cities too like Zaria,Kafanchan

1 Like

Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by id4sho(m): 6:47am On Jan 10, 2023
Sammy07:

For your mind, you need to travel tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do All Regions Have Different Prices Of Petrol? by Sammy07: 7:10am On Jan 10, 2023
id4sho:

For your mind, you need to travel tongue

You Dey whine me?
I've been to Niger and Kano

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo / Labour Party Governorship Candidate For Various States / We’ll Chase Those Who Made PDP Lose Presidential Poll Away – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.