Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine (64820 Views)

Why Nigerian Mechanic Can't Fix Engine That Smoke And Short Oil / My Experience "Ringing" An Engine / These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by onuman: 11:56pm On Jan 11, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

Will you provide him with the machine Abi you provide am, him no use am

Or do you suggest he sits around waiting for a machine undecided

So who is mentally lazy now

But if he breaks his bones and gets crippled, he becomes a waste pipe for public funds to take care of him for rest of his life
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Litmus: 11:58pm On Jan 11, 2023
I would take the criticism of what he did more seriously If it wasn't for the fact that I've been on Niaraland long enough to know that had he been a Kenyan, South African, Rwandan or other, no one would call him lazy brain or backhand criticize him by advising him about his lower back. Instead everyone would praise him and compare Nigeriains unfavourably to him.

Na lie?

Truth is the guy is heroic and an example to Nigerians that want to do nothing but complain all day about JAPPA. Long term or short term, the guy adds more value to Nigeria and the Nigerians around him than all you complainers, terrorist, Jappanese and those that practice the type of opposition politics that is destroying the image of Nigeria under the pretext of opposing the party in power at the time.

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Exceed15: 12:01am On Jan 12, 2023
Not healthy though.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Litmus: 12:29am On Jan 12, 2023
The type of Opposition Politics practiced in Nigeria is by far worst for Nigeria than any president. It seeks to brainwash Nigerians into becomingly one massive block of protest movement. Don't fix the car until government provides you better job so you can buy equipment to fix cars. Don't go to hospital until government provides good hospitals. Don't teach until government provides you with top pay. Don't go to school until government provides better schools. Don't go to work until government provides public transport, fixes roads and raises pay above inflation. Dont buy made in Nigeria until government ensure that it is up to or better than standards abroad. Don't buy property until government provides mortgage schemes. Don't Bleep your wife until government provide condoms so you wouldn't over reproduce. Don't be happy because the government is bad being happy while the government is bad is stupid. Don't show ostentatious weddings on YouTube because the government is bad, doing so is a lie because the government is bad. Dont look on Lagos with hope or point to it as example to copy by other state governments or Africa because it would creat an illusion that Nigeria is hopeful when the truth is the government is bad. Praising the mechanic is not good because Nigeriains must be made to look bad in other to show that the government is not good. Bad people bad government. Don't be seen being positive, doing positive things, or being creative or progressive or the international community will raise eyebrows and the bad government will be let off the hook. Don't do anything but cuss and oppose the government of the day by cussing your nation, your fellow Nigerians, and hating everything. Only pic up arms and revolt in order to bring about better government that will provide you everything abroad nations enjoy.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by CaptainFM1: 12:31am On Jan 12, 2023
erico2k2:

Bro leave this money matter only broke people try too hard to impress others that they have money.However my point is this.somepeople enjoy doing stuff and derive pleasure from doing so.its called DIY.Life is choice driven.If you own a car in Nigeria ask yourself this.howmanyechanics have an impact wrench let alone an Engine lift.How many of them habe a hear box lift

If you see it that way, fine. My opinions are not for everybody though!

I guess I understand your point with DIY, but you seem to just ignore the bolded "(as much as possible"wink statements despite I took time twice to point out the caveat!
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Sweetvie: 12:47am On Jan 12, 2023
Not healthy
He will suffer it later undecided
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by bfn1: 12:49am On Jan 12, 2023
I don't support this.

It's a case of hard work instead of smart work. A needless show of bravado too.

He has a colleague he could have called on for support but he decided to do the lifting by himself.

A major injury, or even death, could have happened if he had lost his footing.

How about a potential damage to the car? He could have caused a dent, crack a plastic component or chip off a part of the body paint-work.

There are locally-fabricated metal structures with a pulley system made with strong chain. That would have saved him tonnes of energy & stress.

I can also see that he chose to carry the engine over a distance only for a colleague to pull up with a locally-fabricated trolley when he was about dropping it.

Not impressed at all.

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by erico2k2(m): 1:20am On Jan 12, 2023
DMerciful:
Car thats too common n cheap, go sleep!
common and cheap mayB you mean toyota.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by erico2k2(m): 1:23am On Jan 12, 2023
bfn1:
I don't support this.

It's a case of hard work instead of smart work. A needless show of bravado too.

He has a colleague he could have called on for support but he decided to do the lifting by himself.

A major injury, or even death, could have happened if he had lost his footing.

How about a potential damage to the car? He could have caused a dent, crack a plastic component or chip off a part of the body paint-work.

There are locally-fabricated metal structures with a pulley system made with strong chain. That would have saved him tonnes of energy & stress.

I can also see that he chose to carry the engine over a distance only for a colleague to pull up with a locally-fabricated trolley when he was about dropping it.

Not impressed at all.
Does your mechanic have hydrolic loft for car Engines??
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by erico2k2(m): 1:26am On Jan 12, 2023
onuman:

But if he breaks his bones and gets crippled, he becomes a waste pipe for public funds to take care of him for rest of his life
why are you guys acting as if this was the 1st time you seeing this.This would be the 1st time only of you do not own a car or not been to a mechanic workshop.This was why I asked if a guy here owns a car and they took offence
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by erico2k2(m): 1:29am On Jan 12, 2023
okoroemeka:
not only it is a 4 plug but a Toyota aluminum engine block and top cylinders,that engine may not weigh past 40kg
and a bag of cement is 50kg men dey lift two
U see as Nigerians dey busybody
some pf them we dey carry 2 bags of cement dey here dey run moitj too grin
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by faceLAGOS: 1:30am On Jan 12, 2023
This is what most Nigerian like to see you go through. If not, you are not working or hardworking.

They delight to see you suffer, toil & almost kill yourself before they take you seriously.

They have forgotten that nature has a way of balancing everything.

If you no strong physically, nature may compensate you with high intelligence.

I’ve worked really hard in the sun sweating like tiff in my overall, working with welders, which includes lifting heavy stuffs.

Though I love the job but I get discouraged at times because I’m intellectually inclined & highly cerebral; I can use that to my advantage to make even more than the small change I work very hard in the hot sun for.

I’m also strong physically from lifting weights from my secondary school to uni days.

“Owó opolo l’òyìnbo san...”

But Nigerians want you to use muscle so you can be seen as a hardworking & serious guy.

That mindset irritates me.

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by erico2k2(m): 1:33am On Jan 12, 2023
soojar:

Simple pulley lever system being used by all local mechanics all over Nigeria would solve the issue.

To set up that pulley system cannot cost you up to 30k Naira

Learn how to work smart, not work hard.

We learn everyday
you got pic of the pulley and trolly system?
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 1:57am On Jan 12, 2023
Moh247:
Damn

Is that not your brother, Kabiru the Afonja head slammer?
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by infogeneral: 2:26am On Jan 12, 2023
What he did was wrong! He could have caused damages to the car or his body or both.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by solok: 3:00am On Jan 12, 2023
He is young blissfully ignorant and stupid.
Even if this is the only time he has done this stupid feat, thinking he is showing off his youthful macho, medically, he is going to pay dearly for it in the very near future becuase spinal discs at his lower back will by virtue of that episode already be stressed and any little thing...as simple as bending down to throw water on the body in bathroom or lifting a 3-4yr old running to welcome him back home may trigger the shift called "slipped disc"...a very painful, metally sapping and debilitating nerver-ending pain which may also lead to inability to walk properly for life and loss of ability to ever have erection again....weak or full.

Such foolish practice should be dicouraged and those foolish enough to be angaged in it should be pitied not celebrated.

Ask any medical doctor about it.
"If you know, you know"
"You dont appreciate it until you or someone very close to you fall victim"
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Raphaeldhero(m): 3:09am On Jan 12, 2023
Ologundudu2020:

If he’s my brother, I would have cautioned him never to repeat such act again, that’s very unprofessional, it’s 2023 for God sake , what if something goes wrong, and the engine shift, so we start looking for who to donate legs or what? Even the car is not safe working that way.
I can only give him an accolade for lifting that heavy engine but not for working safe.

"Looking for whom to donate leg"

I tripped for that very line
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by damoobaba: 3:12am On Jan 12, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

Which other method is there to explore You get sense at all

Consider this my last reply to you on this matter!

Modified:

Omo see mention grin grin you go fear

Some are suggesting that this mechanic could get a device for N30,000 (did you consider that he might be an apprentice) and some said he could use a pole bla bla bla

I don't know why some of you like crying more than the bereaved

Na the guy carry the engine and he is not complaining, haba! SMH

Aside from exercising I love the way he is enjoying and taking pride in what he is doing!

You should get the message the intelligent people are trying to pass. He didn't carry that engine for the cameras, it's what he REGULARLY DOES which SHOULD NOT BE ENCOURAGED if he wants to live long or enjoy adulthood. The people hailing him will not be there to support him if that engine lands on his leg or damages any part of his body. Oyibos that don't carry engines from vehicles know what they're doing.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Invest4growth: 4:03am On Jan 12, 2023
Does that make him more productive? Of course no. Too much of that will collapse his heart, exhaust his energy and above all might affect his ability to walk at old age.
One man once claimed while growing up he singlehandedly lifted a bus without jerk while they were travelling for the tyre to be replaced. His inability to walk at old age was traced to that episode.
Why do it alone when can get others to assist or put the engine or a cart or wheel barrow. The gragra we display while doing menial jobs does not make us more productive than our foreign counterparts
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by jaxxy(m): 4:13am On Jan 12, 2023
dazzlingd:

Being lazy or not has nothing to do with Carrying heavy metals. He is mentally lazy, what a machine could have done, he used muscle which is unprofessional and unsafe

If u buy him the machine will he say no?
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by GodisFirst: 4:14am On Jan 12, 2023
Tell that young man to watch his waist. If that engine weighs more than 25kg, he should ask for help or use a lifting device. He may hot have waist pain now but gradually it sets in,
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by ugodson(m): 4:23am On Jan 12, 2023
BlueDuck:

The machine is just 1k to rent tho. Every mechanic yard has that crane

The guy is a dummy if he truly pulled that stunt he could've ruptured his lower abdomen, and all for nothing angry

That one na true sha, if truly its just 1k to rent
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Slimm01: 4:34am On Jan 12, 2023
dazzlingd:

You are asking me what other method?
I wonder the kind of moronns that keep coming to this nairaland . Too many dumb unexposed illiterates here and they talk with so much confidence.
Imagine this one even typing in bold like she has senses
Mr. Man, stop throwing insults and accept the fact that you are just talking gillbberish. If the mechanic sits at home because he doesn't have the money to buy a pulley lever, same you will call him lazy. Maybe he should sit at home and die of hunger because he doesn't have money to buy the tool? Who knows, he may be saving gradually to buy the tool, but for now, he must use what he has to get what he wants. Every company will gladly employ someone who achieve positive result no matter how he or she does it. Mental laziness comes to play when you have the tool at your beck and call, but decided to use a complicated method. That is stupidity. So, Oga pls rest.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Berankis: 4:38am On Jan 12, 2023
Ologundudu2020:

If he’s my brother, I would have cautioned him never to repeat such act again, that’s very unprofessional, it’s 2023 for God sake , what if something goes wrong, and the engine shift, so we start looking for who to donate legs or what? Even the car is not safe working that way.
I can only give him an accolade for lifting that heavy engine but not for working safe.
Truly when I saw the video, I was scared for him. That engine is dead weight. The day I carried only gear with someone, I hear am not to talk of the engine.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by litaninja(m): 5:16am On Jan 12, 2023
The proper headline is "How Nigerian Mechanics Damage Your Car and It's Components"
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by hollywater: 5:55am On Jan 12, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

Will you provide him with the machine Abi you provide am, him no use am

Or do you suggest he sits around waiting for a machine undecided

So who is mentally lazy now
I blame our leaders for whatever that is going wrong in this Country. He knows what he's doing is very dangerous, but he needs to eat.

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Ologundudu2020: 6:03am On Jan 12, 2023
Raphaeldhero:

"Looking for whom to donate leg"

I tripped for that very line
How? That’s on a lighter mode tho
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by soojar(m): 6:06am On Jan 12, 2023
erico2k2:

you got pic of the pulley and trolly system?

Go to 2 or 3 mechanic workshops around you, I'm sure 1 of them will have it. It is very popular everywhere.

I'm sure the guy in the video just did that for trending or they had a bet on if he can lift it single-handedly or not (hence the reason for recording it on video) I'm sure that particular mechanic workshop has the pulley system I'm talking about. Even at the end of the video you could see they have something to move heavy parts from one place to the other within the workshop.

We learn everyday.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Goldbw122(m): 6:09am On Jan 12, 2023
This kind mechanic na they thief engine over night.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by benjanny(m): 6:30am On Jan 12, 2023
If I eventually become president of this country
I will be paying little money to apprentice
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by mariovito(m): 6:38am On Jan 12, 2023
Sir, for some reasons I'm wont to believe that your moniker has something to do with the female crotch.

Ekpeitut:
RIP lower back. shocked
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Tayodihno: 6:45am On Jan 12, 2023
If this one slap you, your brainbox will scatter ���

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Innoson Releases Luxury IVM G80 And G40 SUV (Photos) / A Nigerian Made This Tv Stand From A 2017 Mercedes Benz Gle Bumper (photos) / Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.