Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine (64833 Views)

Why Nigerian Mechanic Can't Fix Engine That Smoke And Short Oil / My Experience "Ringing" An Engine / These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Mirasteel: 6:48am On Jan 12, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
Nigerians are not lazy afterall! cool
Most Nigerians aren't lazy

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Osanoghodua1: 6:53am On Jan 12, 2023
This should be discouraged, his waist is going and his legs could be injured.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by DisLifeSha: 7:17am On Jan 12, 2023
The guy no wise at all. Everybody get right to treat e body the way e like. Na time na e go bring the results and consequences of such stupid actions

Angrygoat:
It's a 4plug engine. Make him use that same hand carry v8 engine. Na hunch back
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Oyiboman69: 7:45am On Jan 12, 2023
dazzlingd:

Being lazy or not has nothing to do with Carrying heavy metals. He is mentally lazy, what a machine could have done, he used muscle which is unprofessional and unsafe

Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Oyiboman69: 7:53am On Jan 12, 2023
Tallesty1:
If he is your brother, you support his hustle with the right machine not safety advice. He is not doing it this way because he likes it, nobody likes to suffer.
he's just doing it for fun not because that's the way they do it there and there's also bigger engines which he cannot carry this way. I've seen someone who bets that he can lift a bag of cement with his teeth which he did. does that mean that he will use his teeth to carry all the 50+ bags they'll use that day?, no. He's showcasing his strength, nothing more....
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by luluosas(m): 7:59am On Jan 12, 2023
Hmmmm, inspirational. But I hope well to do forks will buy him a lifter jack after watching the video.
It is well
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by eikeem(m): 8:14am On Jan 12, 2023
See his slim frame. One orobo will threaten to beat this one up and people will be holding him back. Mr Orobo wouldn't know that God is using those people to prevent him from dying. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Briteiyobo1(m): 8:29am On Jan 12, 2023
After one person go say Nigerian youth are Lazy. I beg I can't wait for February 25 to come joor.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Mirasteel: 8:34am On Jan 12, 2023
If this one blow person
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Robenna(m): 8:35am On Jan 12, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

Na Buhari de decieve is the call is lazy Nigerian youth

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by olawaley12(m): 8:47am On Jan 12, 2023
dazzlingd:

Being lazy or not has nothing to do with Carrying heavy metals. He is mentally lazy, what a machine could have done, he used muscle which is unprofessional and unsafe
That's if that machine needed is available
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Glory2DLamb(m): 8:49am On Jan 12, 2023
Sometimes it is not that the tools are lacking but presumption and mental laziness leads to catastrophic ends.
Recently, some two mechanics took on a job in Lagos without the knowledge and permission of their Masters (the owners of the garage). They went on to do it as outside job.
They jacked up the LR4 and didn't put any other support. One of them went under the car while the other was out as they worked. Before they realized that the car was shifting, it was too late. The guy under died on the spot with his blood and brain splattered all over the place.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by omolasho: 8:54am On Jan 12, 2023
Nonsense, what is so special about lifting this miniature steel!
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by OBA2503: 9:08am On Jan 12, 2023
This guy don mortgage hin back.
In the future, he will have Lower back pain, sciatica.
To perform bedroom functions will be a difficult assignment due to a compressed cartilage in his spine.
For those men forming strong men, how you use your body during your youthful days goes a long way in how active you'd be in old age.
Be Wise! na those wey dey form softie dey enjoy this life pass.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by MightySparrow: 9:28am On Jan 12, 2023
Typical black man braun without brain
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by erico2k2(m): 9:36am On Jan 12, 2023
soojar:

Go to 2 or 3 mechanic workshops around you, I'm sure 1 of them will have it. It is very popular everywhere.

I'm sure the guy in the video just did that for trending or they had a bet on if he can lift it single-handedly or not (hence the reason for recording it on video) I'm sure that particular mechanic workshop has the pulley system I'm talking about. Even at the end of the video you could see they have something to move heavy parts from one place to the other within the workshop.

We learn everyday.
Mechanics round me are different.I live in North london so I won't see what U are asking off.That engine is less than 40kg Im struggling to understand what the fuzz all about..a bag of cement weighs more.I have seen mechanics here moving engine block by hand .
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by erico2k2(m): 9:39am On Jan 12, 2023
OBA2503:
This guy don mortgage hin back.
In the future, he will have Lower back pain, sciatica.
To perform bedroom functions will be a difficult assignment due to a compressed cartilage in his spine.
For those men forming strong men, how you use your body during your youthful days goes a long way in how active you'd be in old age.
Be Wise! na those wey dey form softie dey enjoy this life pass.
ajaha howboit baba lati wey dey carry bags of cememt
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Venerable612(m): 9:47am On Jan 12, 2023
Ekpeitut:
Dude is a mobile crane/ chain block.

RIP lower back. shocked

Irreparable damage.

A Nurse recently told me that once a person develops back spine issue, it’s incurable. It never goes away.

Unfortunately they don’t teach health & safety to apprentices in Nigeria.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by galaxy2020(m): 9:52am On Jan 12, 2023
He shouldn't be lifting engine but instead beating people up in UFC and earning good money. Ask Francis Nganuo and kamaru Usman.

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Duduyankee1: 10:08am On Jan 12, 2023
Please let introduce this mechanic guy to MMA. This can be new Francis ngano. Ngano was a truck loader before joining the MMA. He had gathered strength same way as ngano. Please � anyone with vital information on him can help him please. Don't let him waste away
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Thazard(m): 10:35am On Jan 12, 2023
Ekpeitut:
Dude is a mobile crane/ chain block.

RIP lower back. shocked

gringringrin
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Kobicove(m): 10:59am On Jan 12, 2023
This guy is doing a lot of damage to his back, by the time he gets older he will realise the implication when he starts having constant painsundecided
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by mordred44: 11:38am On Jan 12, 2023
otipoju:
If this one tear you slap, your face must tear.
factory reset
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Cromagnon: 3:10pm On Jan 12, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
very lazy
Suffer head is not the same as hard working
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Cromagnon: 3:13pm On Jan 12, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

Will you provide him with the machine Abi you provide am, him no use am

Or do you suggest he sits around waiting for a machine undecided

So who is mentally lazy now
did he provide machine for me to do my work?
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Cromagnon: 3:15pm On Jan 12, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

Which other method is there to explore You get sense at all

Consider this my last reply to you on this matter!

Modified:

Omo see mention grin grin you go fear

Some are suggesting that this mechanic could get a device for N30,000 (did you consider that he might be an apprentice) and some said he could use a pole bla bla bla

I don't know why some of you like crying more than the bereaved

Na the guy carry the engine and he is not complaining, haba! SMH

Aside from exercising I love the way he is enjoying and taking pride in what he is doing!
imagine if the white was thinking like you abs this man, we would b still be living in caves. Smh
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Cromagnon: 3:19pm On Jan 12, 2023
erico2k2:

Not every job needs a machine some just need brut force.
machines are brute force. N name some brute force that machine cannot do
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by sulakishop(m): 6:23pm On Jan 12, 2023
Naija girls dream man
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by erico2k2(m): 8:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
Cromagnon:
machines are brute force. N name some brute force that machine cannot do
V simple.U can't toque a bolt with machine.
U use a torque wrench
When machinig an Engine block,U have to loft the Engine block unto the lathe and off.
ever used a ply bar and a sledge hammer??
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by soojar(m): 7:06am On Jan 13, 2023
erico2k2:

Mechanics round me are different.I live in North london so I won't see what U are asking off.That engine is less than 40kg Im struggling to understand what the fuzz all about..a bag of cement weighs more.I have seen mechanics here moving engine block by hand .

The fuss is about, if you truly live in North London you won't see any mechanic mad enough to be lifting a customer's car engine out of car like that, so why encourage that in Nigeria? If the guy wants to go for weight lifting contest let him join the nearest Gym centre.

As for pulley system, just type it on google you will see enough pictures and videos and even how to construct a simple one yourself.

We learn everyday.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Ajibade123(m): 1:56pm On Jan 13, 2023
dazzlingd:

So a machine that can lift the engine is in that shop or any other mechanic shop around that area?
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Ajibade123(m): 1:57pm On Jan 13, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

Will you provide him with the machine Abi you provide am, him no use am

Or do you suggest he sits around waiting for a machine undecided

So who is mentally lazy now
Honestly
He is the one that's mentally lazy for him not to be able to think that that kind of machine isn't available in that kind of shop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Innoson Releases Luxury IVM G80 And G40 SUV (Photos) / A Nigerian Made This Tv Stand From A 2017 Mercedes Benz Gle Bumper (photos) / Most Popular Luxury Car Brands And Where They Are Produced(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.