Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,431 members, 7,853,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:44 AM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (167254 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 7:34am On Jul 01, 2012
Really can't wait to start feeding the kids
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 11:29am On Jul 01, 2012
Dyt: Really can't wait to start feeding the kids

Then you should get married, so have you found Mr. Right and when is the big wedding?

Then you should get married, so have you found Mr. Right and when is the big wedding?

grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by snubish: 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2012
maclatunji: May I know what has induced your mischievous smile?

smiling because maybe i,ll stop playing the shrink, maybe i won,t!!! bigmac.

ma salaam.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2012
snubish:

smiling because maybe i,ll stop playing the shrink, maybe i won,t!!! bigmac.

ma salaam.

OK
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2012
maclatunji:

grin grin grin

Weddin is comin shortly
U wanna cm?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2012
Dyt:

Weddin is comin shortly
U wanna cm?

I am not a fan of parties, although I might want to make an exception. undecided Congratulations and I pray that Almighty Allah blesses you with marital bliss and joy (+ 2 sets of twins boys and girls)grin.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2012
Amin
May He bless u too
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2012
^Ameen
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 12:01am On Jul 03, 2012
hmmmn Dyt undecided
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 12:11am On Jul 03, 2012
wat d'u guys think of going into marriage without L.O.V.E

imagine a situation where
he is from a good home(most importnt Reason u'r considern it)

cute, and I mean it wink. Some other girls are after hm but u just arent too bothered about that

has a good career wv a future that appears bright

crazy about you and makes u aware of that kiss

Muslim.doesnt do bad bad thns(or so u thnk) and prays five a day, fasts ramadan, etc

but u just arent feeling that way.

If u'r male, just change d he to she and d his to her nd tell me if u'd go for d relationship.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 2:33am On Jul 03, 2012
^ In Islam, There is no love before marriage since there is no such thing as pre-marrital affairs...

Marry someone who loves Allah and one you have some attraction to... Trust me, if you truly love Allah , it is easy to fall in love with someone who does as well. It is not hard to find out if someone loves Allah.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 5:13am On Jul 03, 2012
tbaba1234: ^ In Islam, There is no love before marriage since there is no such thing as pre-marrital affairs...

Marry someone who loves Allah and one you have some attraction to... Trust me, if you truly love Allah , it is easy to fall in love with someone who does as well. It is not hard to find out if someone loves Allah.

the 'somebody' finally speak out.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 5:39am On Jul 03, 2012
deols: wat d'u guys think of going into marriage without L.O.V.E

imagine a situation where
he is from a good home(most importnt Reason u'r considern it)

cute, and I mean it wink. Some other girls are after hm but u just arent too bothered about that

has a good career wv a future that appears bright

crazy about you and makes u aware of that kiss

Muslim.doesnt do bad bad thns(or so u thnk) and prays five a day, fasts ramadan, etc

but u just arent feeling that way.

If u'r male, just change d he to she and d his to her nd tell me if u'd go for d relationship.
just have to commit everything to Allah, in life you win some and lose some. Just make sure you win more than you lose.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by bntY: 8:04am On Jul 03, 2012
@deols
I Call it X-factor.be it love or attraction(as tbaba will like to put it ),dr has to be something making u ignore other guys.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 8:46am On Jul 03, 2012
@deols' question, I guess it depends on the stage of personal development I find myself. At this stage, I would not be eager to shut the door on the person but I would let them know that I am not really having the "X" feeling. If they can handle that, I will count it as a point in their favour. If nobody else comes along that fits the bill, I might just end-up with them.

The simple question that deols is trying to ask is: can you marry someone who loves you way more than you love them instead of marrying the one you love more? The answer for me is yes, if they meet other requirements. The "X" factor we are looking for may be ephemeral and may not be a solid foundation for a good marriage.

Note: I said may.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
It seems as if the ladies are in "broody" season- first it was Dyt with this:

and then there is Mukina2 with this: https://www.nairaland.com/980621/future-kids

What is going on ladies?tongue grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 2:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
well MAC
dats d way it shld be

join d leagues
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 2:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
Dyt: well MAC
dats d way it shld be

join d leagues

Correct answer! Me? No, not quite yet. grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 2:22pm On Jul 03, 2012
its best now
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 2:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
Dyt: its best now

I am a fast decision-maker but things have to be right. So I will relax, work and say a prayer or two.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
well
gd luck

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by muhammadsaheed: 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2012
I need a muslim lady, young (23-25yrs), elegant, light in complexion, averagely built and prefarable from d north. Must have education or be in school. Please email muhammad_saheed@yahoo.com. I am ready for a serious relationship. I am in my late 20s, working and earning well, alhamdulillah.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
muhammadsaheed: I need a muslim lady, young (23-25yrs), elegant, light in complexion, averagely built and prefarable from d north. Must have education or be in school. Please email muhammad_saheed@yahoo.com. I am ready for a serious relationship. I am in my late 20s, working and earning well, alhamdulillah.

Talk about smash and grab. grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 10:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
tbaba1234: ^ In Islam, There is no love before marriage since there is no such thing as pre-marrital affairs...

since every other comment appears to av bn in line wv urs, I'd give my reply in relation wv ur post.

I understand what d love of Allah entails but I av seen people who are good Muslims or av bn known to be good Muslims before marriage end up being bad husbands\wives. So î thnk its about somfn dat goes beyond outward appearance or xter. Its somfn deep.more about the feelings. Thats what my question is about. Wld u go into marriage wv d thot that u'd grow to love each other when u'r sure he is good enough to play his roles and u'r ready to play your part or wld u ensure that d love exists before making d move?

I disagree that u cant love someone u arent married to. Wat exactly do u mean by premarital affairs
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 10:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
maclatunji: @deols' question, I guess it depends on the stage of personal development I find myself. At this stage, I would not be eager to shut the door on the person but I would let them know that I am not really having the "X" feeling. If they can handle that, I will count it as a point in their favour. If nobody else comes along that fits the bill, I might just end-up with them.

The simple question that deols is trying to ask is: can you marry someone who loves you way more than you love them instead of marrying the one you love more? The answer for me is yes, if they meet other requirements. The "X" factor we are looking for may be ephemeral and may not be a solid foundation for a good marriage.

Note: I said may.

your first paragraph answers my question.
But your rephrase is very wrong. My statement is not at all about someone lovn u more dan u love dem but about someone u dont love at all. They are good pple but somfn is missing and dats LOVE
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 10:35pm On Jul 03, 2012
olawalebabs: just have to commit everything to Allah, in life you win some and lose some. Just make sure you win more than you lose.

thanks for the food for thought but I dont understand how it relates wv my post. Do u care to explain?

Am not hopn to lose at all btw grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 10:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
bntY: @deols
I Call it X-factor.be it love or attraction(as tbaba will like to put it ),dr has to be something making u ignore other guys.

So, u'r saying some level of attractuion has to b dr before u enter into that relationship abi?

Like u'r saying love before marriage is better?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 11:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
deols:

since every other comment appears to av bn in line wv urs, I'd give my reply in relation wv ur post.

I understand what d love of Allah entails but I av seen people who are good Muslims or av bn known to be good Muslims before marriage end up being bad husbands\wives. So î thnk its about somfn dat goes beyond outward appearance or xter. Its somfn deep.more about the feelings. Thats what my question is about. Wld u go into marriage wv d thot that u'd grow to love each other when u'r sure he is good enough to play his roles and u'r ready to play your part or wld u ensure that d love exists before making d move?

I disagree that u cant love someone u arent married to. Wat exactly do u mean by premarital affairs

When i say pre marital affairs, i mean boyfriend-girlfriend affair.. You are either married or you are not. In Surah maidah, Allah says (rough translation):

Today all good things have been made lawful for you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful for you as your food is lawful for them. So are chaste, believing, women as well as chaste women of the people who were given the Scripture before you, as long as you have given them their bride-gifts and married them, not taking them as lovers or secret mistresses. The deeds of anyone who rejects faith will come to nothing, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers. (Surah 5:5)

Also in Surah Nisa

If any of you does not have the means to marry a believing free woman, then marry a believing slave– God knows best [the depth of] your faith: you are [all] part of the same family – so marry them with their people’s consent and their proper bride-gifts. [Make them] married women, not adulteresses or lovers..... (Surah 4:25)

A relationship outside the confines of marriage is essentially haram. If you meet someone and there is a mutual attraction. You do it the right way. He informs your family. You do not get too cozy by exchanging text messages and calls. You do it the right way. If he is serious, he 'd contact your guardian.

Before making a decision to marry this person, you guys can have conversations in the presence of your mahram (guardian), not locked up in a room. The guardian doesn't have to sit on the same table with you; basically your conversation has to be in an open area. This is a very important point and you should take advantage by finding out as much as you can about your potential spouse. Ask the tough questions and see how you both get along in conversations. Is he comfortable with your aspirations? What does he look for in a wife?

You can meet multiple times if needed but all in the presence of a guardian ; After this, you make a decision whether you want him as a husband, he also decides whether he wants you as a wife. When there is an agreement, you start making plans for marriage

"Do not prevent them from marrying their husbands when they agree between themselves in a lawful manner." [Noble Quran 2:232]

The Prophet said, "Whenever a man is alone with a woman the Devil makes a third."

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari, Book 25, Number 5403, Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As

Marriage is difficult, there is no guarantee it will work; but if you have two people that believe in and love Allah.. Then no matter what happens you know that the rights of the other will not be violated.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 6:59am On Jul 04, 2012
deols:

your first paragraph answers my question.
But your rephrase is very wrong. My statement is not at all about someone lovn u more dan u love dem but about someone u dont love at all. They are good pple but somfn is missing and dats LOVE

I am afraid I have you in a tight corner. We Muslims are to love our brothers and sisters and that should be enough for us/you. So how can you say you don't love your Muslim brother at all? You need to check that even if I understand what you are trying to say.

By the way, if your question is based on a real person, I suggest you let that person be at least until you have a change of mindset on the issue.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 8:44am On Jul 04, 2012
deols:

thanks for the food for thought but I dont understand how it relates wv my post. Do u care to explain?

Am not hopn to lose at all btw grin
What i meant by that post is that after committing everything to Allah and you have put in your best, yet she is not looking at your side, just let it go. you dont win always
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 9:22am On Jul 04, 2012
tbaba1234:

When i say pre marital affairs, i mean boyfriend-girlfriend affair.. You are either married or you are not. In Surah maidah, Allah says (rough translation):

Today all good things have been made lawful for you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful for you as your food is lawful for them. So are chaste, believing, women as well as chaste women of the people who were given the Scripture before you, as long as you have given them their bride-gifts and married them, not taking them as lovers or secret mistresses. The deeds of anyone who rejects faith will come to nothing, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers. (Surah 5:5)

Also in Surah Nisa

If any of you does not have the means to marry a believing free woman, then marry a believing slave– God knows best [the depth of] your faith: you are [all] part of the same family – so marry them with their people’s consent and their proper bride-gifts. [Make them] married women, not adulteresses or lovers..... (Surah 4:25)

A relationship outside the confines of marriage is essentially haram. If you meet someone and there is a mutual attraction. You do it the right way. He informs your family. You do not get too cozy by exchanging text messages and calls. You do it the right way. If he is serious, he 'd contact your guardian.

Before making a decision to marry this person, you guys can have conversations in the presence of your mahram (guardian), not locked up in a room. The guardian doesn't have to sit on the same table with you; basically your conversation has to be in an open area. This is a very important point and you should take advantage by finding out as much as you can about your potential spouse. Ask the tough questions and see how you both get along in conversations. Is he comfortable with your aspirations? What does he look for in a wife?

You can meet multiple times if needed but all in the presence of a guardian ; After this, you make a decision whether you want him as a husband, he also decides whether he wants you as a wife. When there is an agreement, you start making plans for marriage

"Do not prevent them from marrying their husbands when they agree between themselves in a lawful manner." [Noble Quran 2:232]

The Prophet said, "Whenever a man is alone with a woman the Devil makes a third."

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari, Book 25, Number 5403, Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As

Marriage is difficult, there is no guarantee it will work; but if you have two people that believe in and love Allah.. Then no matter what happens you know that the rights of the other will not be violated.

May Allah increase u in knwlege akhee.I really lovd d way u answd d questn.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.