Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,836 members, 7,831,714 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (166071 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by jaylehk(m): 4:41am On Aug 06, 2012
The prophet (saw) said that guys should look up for the following in a lady:BEAUTY,WEALTH,RELIGION and BACKGROUND.....But he placed more emphasis on religion.So,i think that makes more sense
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sino(m): 9:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
deols:

@bros Sino, na wa o..so because of furniture u wan go for hausa bride ehn? If it was for the beauty I for support u o.. cheesy cheesy

my sister, no be so o, i just liked their simple way of doing things ni o, unlike the yorubas with so much effizy and razzmatazz.
On a serious note, i believe there is nothing wrong, in fact it should be encouraged, whereby the families of both the bride and groom come together to render support for the couples(not the support of buying cow and drinks for the ceremony), especially if they are already due for nikkah but having difficulty of accomodation and other basic needs.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Wizeboy(m): 11:38am On Aug 07, 2012
jaylehk: The prophet (saw) said that guys should look up for the following in a lady:BEAUTY,WEALTH,RELIGION and BACKGROUND.....But he placed more emphasis on religion.So,i think that makes more sense
Very Correct, let me buttress this point with an Hadith which I came across sometimes ago:

The Prophet said, what translated means "This life is a joy and its best joy is a good wife." [Muslim], also, "A women is married for four reasons: for her wealth, for her fame, for her beauty and for her (adherence to) religion. So marry one for her religion and you will win." [Bukbari & Muslim] and,

"Four are causes of happiness,: A good wife, a big house, a good neighbor and a good way of transportation. "[Al-Hakim].
The above Hadiths emphasize the importance of marrying a good Muslim woman. This is why Muslim men should always seek such women to be happy in this life.

Following are some of the characteristics of a good wife:
1. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to Allah and to their husbands) and guard in the husband's absence what Allah orders them to guard (e.g. their honor, husband's property, etc). [4:34]. Ibn Katheer said, "Ibn Abbas said, 'The righteous women are obedient to their husbands (Qanitaat). Also ibn Katheer said, "Imam Suddi said, 'They (good wives) protect their husbands' honor and money in their absence."'

2. Ibn Hibban narrated that the Prophet said, what translated means, "If a woman prayed the five prayers, fasted in Ramadhan, protected her honor and obeyed her husband; then she will be told (on the Day of Judgment): enter Paradise from any of its (eight) doors.

3. -- The Prophet said, what translated means, "Your women who will enter Paradise are those nice to their husbands, who bear children, and those who keep checking the needs of their husbands. If her husband gets angry with her, she would hold his hand and say : "By Allah, I will not sleep until you forgive me" [as-Silsilah as-Sahiha]

4. -an-Nasa'i narrated that the Prophet was asked, "Who are the best of women?" HE said, "The one who pleases him (her husband) if he looks at her, obeys him if he orders (her) and does not subject her honor or money to what he dislikes."

From the above Hadiths, we can sum up the characterisitcs of a good wife:

1--She is a good Muslim, obedient to Allah and His Messenger.
2--She performs the five regular prayers and fasts Ramadhan.
3--She is obedient to her husband, unless he orders her to do evil.
4--She protects her husband's money and honor in his absence.
5--She is always nice to her husband, checking on his needs.
6--She always tries to please and calm him if he is angry or upset.
7--She bears his children and does not ask him for divorce for no reason.
8--She tries to always look and smell nice for her spouse.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 12:13pm On Aug 07, 2012
Wizeboy: Very Correct, let me buttress this point with an Hadith which I came across sometimes ago:

The Prophet said, what translated means "This life is a joy and its best joy is a good wife." [Muslim], also, "A women is married for four reasons: for her wealth, for her fame, for her beauty and for her (adherence to) religion. So marry one for her religion and you will win." [Bukbari & Muslim] and,

"Four are causes of happiness,: A good wife, a big house, a good neighbor and a good way of transportation. "[Al-Hakim].
The above Hadiths emphasize the importance of marrying a good Muslim woman. This is why Muslim men should always seek such women to be happy in this life.

Following are some of the characteristics of a good wife:
1. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to Allah and to their husbands) and guard in the husband's absence what Allah orders them to guard (e.g. their honor, husband's property, etc). [4:34]. Ibn Katheer said, "Ibn Abbas said, 'The righteous women are obedient to their husbands (Qanitaat). Also ibn Katheer said, "Imam Suddi said, 'They (good wives) protect their husbands' honor and money in their absence."'

2. Ibn Hibban narrated that the Prophet said, what translated means, "If a woman prayed the five prayers, fasted in Ramadhan, protected her honor and obeyed her husband; then she will be told (on the Day of Judgment): enter Paradise from any of its (eight) doors.

3. -- The Prophet said, what translated means, "Your women who will enter Paradise are those nice to their husbands, who bear children, and those who keep checking the needs of their husbands. If her husband gets angry with her, she would hold his hand and say : "By Allah, I will not sleep until you forgive me" [as-Silsilah as-Sahiha]

4. -an-Nasa'i narrated that the Prophet was asked, "Who are the best of women?" HE said, "The one who pleases him (her husband) if he looks at her, obeys him if he orders (her) and does not subject her honor or money to what he dislikes."

@bolded. Awwwwwwwww! How sweet! I want a wife like that! In fact, I pray for one!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Wizeboy(m): 12:46pm On Aug 07, 2012
maclatunji:

@bolded. Awwwwwwwww! How sweet! I want a wife like that! In fact, I pray for one!

Amen and me too... but we MEN must be prepare to be good husband also.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2012
Wizeboy: Amen and me too... but we MEN must be prepared to be good husband also.

Don't let me smack you there. grin grin grin Let me savour the hadith tongue
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 12:51pm On Aug 07, 2012
Wizeboy: Amen and me too... but we MEN must be prepared to be good husband also.

But jokes apart, you are 100% correct.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Wizeboy(m): 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
maclatunji:

Don't let me smack you there. grin grin grin Let me savour the hadith tongue

maclatunji: But jokes apart, you are 100% correct.

cheesy cheesy grin cool

Maa Salam

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
Wizeboy:

cheesy cheesy grin cool

Maa Salam

Bi Salam
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 10:44pm On Aug 07, 2012
@wizeboy,this 1 of da bst coment av seen on dis thread.The men also shud emulate d xter of d prophet .
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 11:52pm On Aug 07, 2012
jaylehk: The prophet (saw) said that guys should look up for the following in a lady:BEAUTY,WEALTH,RELIGION and BACKGROUND.....But he placed more emphasis on religion.So,i think that makes more sense

Actually, the prophet did not ask men to look for these things. he said people seek these things and the best is religion.

I however have seen many 'religious' men who are not necessarily good husbands/fathers. Ironically though, the prophet mentions that the best of Muslims(saying, the best of you) are those who are best to their wives and in another narration, who are best to their families.
sino:

my sister, no be so o, i just liked their simple way of doing things ni o, unlike the yorubas with so much effizy and razzmatazz.
On a serious note, i believe there is nothing wrong, in fact it should be encouraged, whereby the families of both the bride and groom come together to render support for the couples(not the support of buying cow and drinks for the ceremony), especially if they are already due for nikkah but having difficulty of accomodation and other basic needs.

I agree with you. Parents shouldnt wait until their girls bring bele home or when the boys do the undo before rushing things. Yoruba Muslims(really enlightened ones) are also, nowadays helping their Children start up.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 11:55pm On Aug 07, 2012
Wizeboy:

and the good husband should?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by siddiq202(m): 10:00am On Aug 08, 2012
deols:
Actually, the prophet did not ask men to look for these things. he said people seek these things and the best is religion.
I however have seen many 'religious' men who are not necessarily good husbands/fathers. Ironically though, the prophet mentions that the best of Muslims(saying, the best of you) are those who are best to their wives and in another narration, who are best to their families.
I agree with you. Parents shouldnt wait until their girls bring bele home or when the boys do the undo before rushing things. Yoruba Muslims(really enlightened ones) are also, nowadays helping their Children start up.
@bold VERY CORRECT
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by siddiq202(m): 10:02am On Aug 08, 2012
deols:
you can help us with that
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Wizeboy(m): 5:14pm On Aug 08, 2012
deols:

cheesy cheesy cheesy why are you so jealous deols grin grin

Anyway, the following are the characteristics of a good husband that I have read:

The Prophet(Sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) said, “The best of you is the best one to his family.” [Al-Tabarani]

To share food with her, to provide her with (decent) clothes as he provides himself, to refrain from smacking her, and not ignoring her but in the house. [Ahmad]

Fear Allah in (treating) women. [Muslim]

One should not hate his wife. If he dislikes some of her attitudes, he would (surely) like others (attitudes). [Muslim]

Woman was created from a bent rib and will not be made straight for you on one way (that you like). If you want to enjoy her, you enjoy her while she is still bent. If you want to straighten her up, you will break her. Breaking her is divorcing her. [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

Do (volunteer) fasting (some days) and do not fast (in other days), pray at night (some nights) and sleep (in other nights). Your body has a right on you (to rest), your eye has a right on you (to sleep), and your wife has a right on you. [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

And live with them honorably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing that Allah brings through it a great deal of good. [4:19]

The Prophet (Sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) said,”A Dinar (a currency) that you spend on your family, a Dinar that you spend on a poor person and a Dinar that you spend in the sake of Allah. The one that carries the most reward is the one that you spend on your family.” [Muslim]

The Prophet(Sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) said to Saaid ibn Abi Waqqas,”Know that no charity that you give whether small or large, for the sake of Allah, but you will be rewarded for it, even the bite (of food) that you put in your wife’s mouth.” [Bukhari & Muslim]

Maa Salam...

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2012
Wizeboy: cheesy cheesy cheesy why are you so jealous deols? grin grin

Maa Salam...

#LOL, I wonder.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2012
Wizeboy: cheesy cheesy cheesy why are you so jealous deols grin grin

Anyway, the following are the characteristics of a good husband that I have read:

The Prophet(Sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) said, “The best of you is the best one to his family.” [Al-Tabarani]

To share food with her, to provide her with (decent) clothes as he provides himself, to refrain from smacking her, and not ignoring her but in the house. [Ahmad]

Fear Allah in (treating) women. [Muslim]

One should not hate his wife. If he dislikes some of her attitudes, he would (surely) like others (attitudes). [Muslim]

Woman was created from a bent rib and will not be made straight for you on one way (that you like). If you want to enjoy her, you enjoy her while she is still bent. If you want to straighten her up, you will break her. Breaking her is divorcing her. [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

Do (volunteer) fasting (some days) and do not fast (in other days), pray at night (some nights) and sleep (in other nights). Your body has a right on you (to rest), your eye has a right on you (to sleep), and your wife has a right on you. [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

And live with them honorably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing that Allah brings through it a great deal of good. [4:19]

The Prophet (Sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) said,”A Dinar (a currency) that you spend on your family, a Dinar that you spend on a poor person and a Dinar that you spend in the sake of Allah. The one that carries the most reward is the one that you spend on your family.” [Muslim]

The Prophet(Sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) said to Saaid ibn Abi Waqqas,”Know that no charity that you give whether small or large, for the sake of Allah, but you will be rewarded for it, even the bite (of food) that you put in your wife’s mouth.” [Bukhari & Muslim]

Maa Salam...

Well done!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by adeshina86: 5:01am On Aug 09, 2012
salamalekum my muslim brodaz n sisx, no perfection in either a man or a woman, lets jst liv evrytin 2 Allah subanawataAllah 2 gud us n lead us 2 d rite path in getting mr or mrs rite, tanx
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 9:29am On Aug 09, 2012
adeshina86: salamalekum my muslim brodaz n sisx, no perfection in either a man or a woman, lets jst liv evrytin 2 Allah subanawataAllah 2 gud us n lead us 2 d rite path in getting mr or mrs rite, tanx

I concur and endorse this message. grin

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 6:28am On Aug 10, 2012
This is a powerful statement; Our communities face these problems.... I am so glad, He spoke about them, I will like to hear deols comment on this...

Habib Ali passionately talks about the compulsion placed on Muslims in ensuring that the treatment of women within the community is done in a just manner. He outlines the Prophetic tradition on how the measure of goodness is tied to the goodness to women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZG6ibK8mwo&feature=player_embedded

May Allah guide this ummah... Where are the men of this ummah?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 2:02pm On Aug 11, 2012
Wizeboy: cheesy cheesy cheesy why are you so jealous deols grin grin

undecided

Actually,I asked that question for a reason I have thoroughly discussed on this forum. Muslim men/Imam/alfas prefer to talk about and emphasize the role of a woman in her marriage while almost totally neglecting that of the man. see this link- https://www.nairaland.com/884289/nigerian-muslim-men-women#10316770 .

the effect of that is not far-fetched.

the truth is majority of us are selfish. very much hoping we'll get partners who would be the best in the world without striving to be the best we can be.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Wizeboy(m): 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2012
deols:
undecided
Actually,I asked that question for a reason I have thoroughly discussed on this forum. Muslim men/Imam/alfas prefer to talk about and emphasize the role of a woman in her marriage while almost totally neglecting that of the man. see this link- https://www.nairaland.com/884289/nigerian-muslim-men-women#10316770 .

the effect of that is not be far-fetched.

the truth is majority of us are selfish. very much hoping we'll get partners who would be the best in the world without striving to be the best we can be.

grin grin May be its time Muslim women/amira start talking about and emphasize on the role of a man too in their marriage cheesy cheesy #just joking

YOU ARE VERY CORRECT... what I just believe is that we have to be the best in order to attract the best partner into our life and moreso, pray to Almighty Allah to give us a very good and enduring partner. With this, I believe life will be so good.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2012
tbaba1234: This is a powerful statement; Our communities face these problems.... I am so glad, He spoke about them, I will like to hear deols comment on this...

Habib Ali passionately talks about the compulsion placed on Muslims in ensuring that the treatment of women within the community is done in a just manner. He outlines the Prophetic tradition on how the measure of goodness is tied to the goodness to women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZG6ibK8mwo&feature=player_embedded

Thank you sooo much for this video @tbaba. I enjoyed seeing the video and it is a good wake up call to Muslims. The home is what makes the society and Muslims just cannot continue to be the way they'v been. I am saddened when I see the way Many Muslim women live in Nigeria. Because I am very outspoken about it, some people term me a feminist but I am not grin I am just a Muslim woman who thinks Muslim men are going overboard with the 'I am the head of the home' thing

from this video--

*Muslims should not think their Iba'dah end with fasting, reciting the QUr'an, jihad.
*All of the other things we see as important are naught if we wont address injustice to women.
*the issue of injustice to women is one we should not run away from
*when abused women cannot get the injustice from the muslim community, they seek it elsewhere
*if they leave the religion as a result, everyone involved would be questioned on it
*Men justify these wrong actions against women using the QUr'an
*whereas they are getting it wrong
*and maybe the men need to put themselves in thhe shoes of these women
*smh @ situations where the victims(women) become/ are termed the criminals
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2012
^The most important point was made at the end.... We need women who understand their rights ... Woman who have studied what they have according to the sharia.....

If our women are educated, they will be empowered...

Your goodness is tied to how you treat your wives... That is why the prophet said that the best of you is the one that is best to his wife

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by emcemayo: 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
wow bin on nairaland since 4 eva neva really zoomed thru ' dis thread am glad wit d gist goin around. May Allah enrich us wit wisdom n knowledge. Fee amaneelah
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sino(m): 12:28am On Aug 15, 2012
tbaba1234:

We are here o but sleeping sad, may Allah help us take-up our responsibilities and emulate the best of mankind (SAW) in regards to our women amin

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by gbadexy(m): 9:46am On Aug 15, 2012
How does a brother get to meet good muslim lady to settle down with. or rather where is the best place to meet good muslim ladies.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:14am On Aug 15, 2012
gbadexy: How does a brother get to meet good muslim lady to settle down with. or rather where is the best place to meet good muslim ladies.

If you have enough money, just invite them to send-in applications for the position of "wifey" and conduct an interview. Pick the one you like. grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Wizeboy(m): 10:25am On Aug 15, 2012
maclatunji:

If you have enough money, just invite them to send-in applications for the position of "wifey" and conduct an interview. Pick the one you like. grin
Is it how you have been inviting various sisters... badt guyz cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:40am On Aug 15, 2012
Wizeboy: Is it how you have been inviting various sisters... badt guyz cheesy cheesy cheesy

To be honest, I never have. Don't paint me in bad light O- it is just a random idea that runs through my mind sometimes. I don't think I could ever do it sha... but I do think about the possibility. grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 10:50am On Aug 15, 2012
maclatunji:

Don't let Woman Human right activist see this o...... grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.