Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,715 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (165221 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by BahPulo(f): 8:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
sino:

sister, nobody yet o, i don't know what they are waiting for o, but i pray Allah make it easy for each and everyone of us amin.

amin brother i guess when the time come it'll be easy

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 25, 2013
BahPulo:

ok but have u become a muslim yet? that's the only way you can marry a muslim woman
im still a non muslim. but if u give me deols or urself, i promise to allow u practise ur religion after marriage

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sino(m): 8:53pm On Feb 25, 2013
@ bahpulo
Amin ma shaAllah!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by zayhal(f): 4:34pm On Feb 26, 2013
@Sino. Don't make the mistake of taking such woman back, undertaking or not. A woman that can pour acid on her husband, the father of her children, over a rumour of taking a second wife is not worthy to live with. Haba. She's a murderer in the making. If she claims to have repented and the man eventually takes another wife, be rest assured that that home will know no peace.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 4:37pm On Feb 26, 2013
Acid! that woman don't deserve to live.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by kemiola89(f): 10:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
Subhanallah!!! So this thread is still alive? Really missed out a great deal on this thread, well it better being late than never.
Why ye all searching for a perfect partner? little wonder why there isn't any nikkhai testimony yet.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 28, 2013
kemiola89: Subhanallah!!! So this thread is still alive? Really missed out a great deal on this thread, well it better being late than never.
Why ye all searching for a perfect partner? little wonder why there isn't any nikkhai testimony yet.
yes. we're here
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2013
Av really missed a lot,nw back from break
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sircuba: 8:56am On Mar 01, 2013
Sallam aleykum musliminah and muslimah...need muslims fiend for islamic and life activities chatin ...2246DAD1 my pin...pls strictly muslims..jumaat mubaraq
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 9:19am On Mar 01, 2013
Sir cuba: Sallam aleykum musliminah and muslimah...need muslims fiend for islamic and life activities chatin ...2246DAD1 my pin...pls strictly muslims..jumaat mubaraq
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 9:41am On Mar 01, 2013
Is dat Busayhour?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 01, 2013
Dyt: Is dat Busayhour?
You mean my bhusayor?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 9:46am On Mar 01, 2013
Dyt: Is dat Busayhour?
Where?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 10:23am On Mar 01, 2013
My eyes were seein triple?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 01, 2013
Dyt: My eyes were seein triple?
were you high on hot palm wine then? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 3:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
Bn ages boo
Ow u doin?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sino(m): 12:41pm On Mar 02, 2013
zayhal: @Sino. Don't make the mistake of taking such woman back, undertaking or not. A woman that can pour acid on her husband, the father of her children, over a rumour of taking a second wife is not worthy to live with. Haba. She's a murderer in the making. If she claims to have repented and the man eventually takes another wife, be rest assured that that home will know no peace.

Lets look at it this way, she didn't mean to kill her husband na, she only poured it on his leg, she just overreacted.
you should consider they have four children together, that is nothing less than 10yrs o. and this might be the first case to have happened this way, perhaps the reason it wasn't reported to the police.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sino(m): 12:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
kemiola89: Subhanallah!!! So this thread is still alive? Really missed out a great deal on this thread, well it better being late than never.
No, don't gerrit twisted, brothers and sisters only looking for preferred patners. Ayam sure you've got a list of wants and wants not wink
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sino(m): 12:50pm On Mar 02, 2013
busar: Av really missed a lot,nw back from break
Ha! welcome bro, so when is it? or you've already done it?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 5:36pm On Mar 03, 2013
^When is what?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 9:29pm On Mar 03, 2013
One of my old posts, still relevant though:

The Fitrah, Charting A Course For The Young....

I am at a stage in my life that i have begun to worry about these things because i feel that in our societies, the fitrah is constantly under attack.My worry is for myself, my future kids and young muslim children who will experience a lot more than we have ever experienced. I feel it is a crisis situation...

We can pray five times a day, memorize the Qu'ran, wear the hijab, grow a beard but all of these will just be shallow physical activities if our fitrah is dead...

So how do we tell if our fitrah is dying or dead?

When watching a movie, do you see inappropriate scene and it doesn't bother you? If that is the case, your fitrah is dying...

Do you watch the news and see people dying but change the channel to watch some comedy show? Your fitrah is dead....

Do you listen to people talking badly about another without compassion for that person? Do you contribute to the discussion by bashing the person as well? Your fitrah is dying or dead....

Allah says in the Quran (roughly translated):

5:41 O Messenger. let not those grieve thee, who race each other into disbelief: (whether it be) among those who say "We believe" with their lips but whose hearts have no faith;......

Our beliefs transcend physical actions, we must also be willing to guard our hearts and the hearts of the young from corruption... We have to look inside and see what kinds of persons, we have become... Our sense of decency and humanity has to be evaluated constantly and it can only be done by ourselves..

Allah created all human beings with an innate disposition to truth, decency, gratitude, mercy and compassion but young muslim children are exposed to so much filth at really early ages. It does not matter whether they go to school, arabic school or are home schooled, it does not matter if they have all of the Quran memorised .... They will be exposed to so much... The 'scum' industry for instance is worth more than google, microsoft and all these technological giants combined. Your once innocent baby would lose its innocence someday, parents and aspiring parents must be prepared for this....

I have a number of practical suggestions based on my personal reflections and from lectures i have listened to to help preserve at least some part of the fitrah of our kids... I hope someone finds this useful....

i. Listen to your children: When yusuf (A.S) had a dream, the first person he spoke to, was his father. This is not just coincidental, a relationship must have been built between father and son such that the son felt comfortable telling his father about his dream... The fact that young boys are usually closer to their mothers make this even more remarkable...

The first time, your son comes across a filthy image or inappropriate language, are you the first person he goes to? or would he rather keep it to himself?... We must create an environment that makes this happen.... Actively listen to your children even when they have nothing important to say, make it a habit to listen to them such that they can come to you with even the most trivial issue and get a listening ear... Hopefully, when they have problems in school or with friends, you are their go-to guy/girl....

And remember you are not too busy, your real work begins at home....

ii. Instill in them a sense of purpose and responsibility: It is important to help your young children realize that Allah put them on the earth for a reason and they should find whatever they are good at and give it to Allah... The older kids should have a sense of responsibility over the younger ones, you have to instill in them the willingness to act like leaders when they are with the younger ones...

iii. Good company: Be around people that make you a better person... Help your kid grow up in an environment where they will be surrounded by people that will make them better... Even if you have to move....

iv. Practical examples: It is easy to tell your child that the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) was very charitable but what those that mean in real life.... It means the child must be willing to give away her/his favorite toy to the needy... Take your kids shopping to buy gifts for their cousins and not for themselves.... Help them understand the practicality of been charitable.... You are instilling something in them.... Many times, we indulge ourselves and our kids, this destroys our sense of gratitude.. It kills our fitrah... Let them get used to getting stuff for other people.

v. Respect: In our societies, there is nothing that is held up in regard. Everything is subject to ridicule.... We must try to instill in our kids a sense of respect for their elders whether related or unrelated, their teachers, cultures and races.... We have to lead by example in this regard and show them that not everything is open for ridicule.

vi. Reflection: We have to raise kids that are people of reflection, this can be done by exposure to literature that would broaden their horizons.... Fortunately, we have an incredible resource in the Quran. Have regular discussions with the family about ayahs of the Qu'ran based on scholarly references... You do not have to read a tafseer to them, just regular, normal discussions....You will begin to see the world differently as every event would reminds you of an ayah in the Qu'ran.... This has worked for me personally.

I felt i had to share this, i hope someone finds some benefit in it...

https://www.nairaland.com/1066918/fitrah-charting-course-young

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sino(m): 2:04pm On Mar 04, 2013
tbaba1234: ^When is what?

His nikkah na
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 11:46am On Mar 06, 2013
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by kemiola89(f): 8:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
sino:
No, don't gerrit twisted, brothers and sisters only looking for preferred patners. Ayam sure you've got a list of wants and wants not wink
prefered partners? Goodluck with the quest for 'prefered partner'! Lol
as per the "want and want not" wish i'd have specifications on how my ideal partner should be and what he should be made of, but no i dont, i take my man the way he comes! Weird uhm? Yeah! My heart does the chosing for me. Apart from the fact that he's got to be a praticing muslim.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by kemiola89(f): 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2013
tbaba1234: One of my old posts, still relevant though:

yes oo! Someone (me) find some benefits in it.
Keep 'em coming, may Allaah increase you in knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sino(m): 9:49am On Mar 07, 2013
kemiola89: prefered partners? Goodluck with the quest for 'prefered partner'! Lol
as per the "want and want not" wish i'd have specifications on how my ideal partner should be and what he should be made of, but no i dont, i take my man the way he comes! Weird uhm? Yeah! My heart does the chosing for me. Apart from the fact that he's got to be a praticing muslim.
seriously?! weird o.

This is kinda first time I'm hearing this from anybody, are you sure? Don't you think you need to be attracted to your parner? at least there is an hadith that supports this, a case of a sahaba who wanted to get married but didnt see her and the prophet(SAW) told him to go look at her...

I pray Allah grants you your own personal person smiley ameen
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by kemiola89(f): 3:08pm On Mar 07, 2013
Not surprised most people r gonna find that weird. Guess that makes me a human. Lol! To each his/her each own taste.
Nb; when i say no specifications doesnt mean i wont be attracted to the person first before getting down the lane with him. All i seek is Allaah's guidance when chosing. Like seriously? Do ladies even get to choose?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sino(m): 8:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
kemiola89: Not surprised most people r gonna find that weird. Guess that makes me a human. Lol! To each his/her each own taste.
Nb; when i say no specifications doesnt mean i wont be attracted to the person first before getting down the lane with him. All i seek is Allaah's guidance when chosing. Like seriously? Do ladies even get to choose?
Okay, i think i get you, you Don't bother yourself with "this is what and how i want my man to be" . i guess it's cool, no stress...

hey, what do you mean by the bolded?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sircuba: 7:09am On Mar 08, 2013
No nikkah testimonies yet becos ladies aren't uploading der picz...seen is believeing ...just an hadith though
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by zayhal(f): 11:24am On Mar 08, 2013
^I wouldn't expect a sister to upload her pictures here for the purpose of getting marriage proposals. Don't get that hadith twisted. You won't get much from an online picture. It's pathetic that you think it's because of this that there are no nikkah testimonies.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 11:49am On Mar 08, 2013
Pic has little to do with reason why no nikkah invite here, most of the contributors on this thread, i have their mental picture in my brain, I know who is who and can fairly predict what they look like. moreover, it is not advisable to post pic in a forumn like this
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 11:51am On Mar 08, 2013
^ How do i look like?? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.