Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,083 members, 7,845,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports (21138 Views)

Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You / Simeone: Ronaldo Is An Animal In Front Of Goal Who Is Hard To Prepare Against / Simeone: Messi Plays Better In Attacking Team; Ronaldo Can Simplify Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by Truvelisback(m): 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2023
mariahAngel:

It takes a genius to know about and put food together. Not everybody can.
I'm a food genius. smiley
Food genius. If i hear...Can u prepare Banga Soup? grin
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by gly2ken: 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
Thank God there wouldn't be Haram Ball in La Liga again with Simeone out from Athletic Madrid.
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by baralatie(m): 1:04pm On Jan 10, 2023
He has tried his best
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by blowjohn(m): 1:06pm On Jan 10, 2023
Funny thing about athleico Madrid is that when they ever want to attack the results are earth shattering.

They will score u wotototo.

Why they chose not to is what I don't understand

1 Like

Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by guychidile: 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2023
A very good replacement for pot.
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by cyrusmillz: 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2023
mariahAngel:
It's better that way.
His style will never win them the champions' league

We all know he was robbed he first time. The referee should have ended he game after the extra minutues given
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by mariahAngel(f): 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
Truvelisback:
Food genius. If i hear...Can u prepare Banga Soup? grin

Shey banga papa wan whine me ni? cheesy
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by MasterShifu010(m): 1:27pm On Jan 10, 2023
Buddha3:

Quick question: Who's the most expensive player Atletico Madrid has ever signed? How much was his price tag?

Joao Felix - €127 million
Thomas lemar- € 72 million
Diego costa - € 60 million
Greizmann - € 54 million
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by bigtt76(f): 1:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
Next stop - Chelsea cheesy

fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfL3ujtep_c

As a player, El Cholo played for Atletico Madrid in two spells (1994-1997) & (2003-2005).

He joined the Colchoneros as Manager on December 23, 2011.

Honours: 2x La-Liga, 2x Europa League, 2x UEFA Super Cup, 2x Champions League finalist, 1x Copa de la Rey, 1x Spanish Super Cup.

SOURCE

Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by CheapHomes1: 1:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
Bigredmachine:
Chelsea will need him ASAP

Did simeone say he was looking for a new club?
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by Qasim6(m): 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2023
Buddha3:

You really don't have to insult me.

Joao Felix.
Thomas Lemar.
Antoinne Griezmann.
Jackson Martinez.
Diego Costa.
One other player I can't immediately remember his name..

Those were the only players Atletico Madrid spent from 95million Euros upwards to sign in the last 22years. TWENTY TWO FVCKING YEARS!

For a club that competes at the top level with the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Man City, Man United, etc. Two times finalist at the UEFA champions league. Two times super cup winners. Same club goes for three seasons with players from the Academy and signings that don't go beyond 35million Euros. Don't take my word for it, use the same google you're brandishing in my face.

Atletico Madrid might be a rich club in the sense of the numbers but it is public notice that the club is very thrifty when it comes to signing players. Their transfer budget in the last 10years is what Manchester City spent in the first three seasons of Guardiola's era. So I speak from a place of confidence when I tell you Diego Simeone has never actually been given a blank cheque to work with or provided with what he'd have preferred in any transfer window.

If you're much of a football enthusiast as you're showing off to be, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

The 22 years time range you are using is too wide.
How many players carry the price tag of 95 million Euros upward even as at 2012.

Though I agree with you that Diego was able to grind out result despite competing with the likes of Madrid and Barcelona. He is the 3rd force in Spain.
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2023
MasterShifu010:

Joao Felix - €127 million
Thomas lemar- € 72 million
Diego costa - € 60 million
Greizmann - € 54 million

Read more of the comments.

A couple of responses followed the comment you just quoted.
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by CheapHomes1: 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2023
Finally....it seemed their relationship was never going to end. Both club and player dutifully looked after each other. They were both loyal. It was a good relationship. I feel Simeone is tired and needs a break. It's been showing in the last couple of seasons. It's very possible that he has stayed this long because the club begged him to. Am glad he is honest about the fact that he can no longer continue

1 Like

Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2023
Qasim6:

The 22 years time range you are using is too wide.
How many players carry the tag of 95 million Euros upward even as at 2012.

Though I agree with you that Diego was able to grind out result despite competing with the likes of Madrid and Barcelona. He is the 3rd force in Spain.

I went further to give you a firm comparison of Atletico's spending power when put side by side with Man City, within the last decade.

The bland truth is, Arsene Wenger's Arsenal and Diego Simeone's Atletico both belonged to the same WhatsApp group of huge earners and small spenders. Yet, how many Super cups did Wenger win? How many Champion's League finals did Wenger lead Arsenal into? Come on now, let's be objective when arguing these things. I am not a fan of Atletico Madrid, but you have to appreciate good things when you see them.

When Simeone leaves Atletico Madrid, that is when you'll understand the rot in the same set of players he's been using to challenge for trophies.

2 Likes

Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by CheapHomes1: 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2023
seborrhic:

You obviously don't know what you are talking about.
Athletico,slim budget!This is one of the most financed clubs not just in Spain,but Europe.
Infact,Simeone is one of the highest,if not the highest earning football manager in the world!

How does what you said negate the post you responded to?
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by CheapHomes1: 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2023
Buddha3:

You really don't have to insult me.

Joao Felix.
Thomas Lemar.
Antoinne Griezmann.
Jackson Martinez.
Diego Costa.
One other player I can't immediately remember his name..

Those were the only players Atletico Madrid spent from 95million Euros upwards to sign in the last 22years. TWENTY TWO FVCKING YEARS!

For a club that competes at the top level with the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Man City, Man United, etc. Two times finalist at the UEFA champions league. Two times super cup winners. Same club goes for three seasons with players from the Academy and signings that don't go beyond 35million Euros. Don't take my word for it, use the same google you're brandishing in my face.

Atletico Madrid might be a rich club in the sense of the numbers but it is public notice that the club is very thrifty when it comes to signing players. Their transfer budget in the last 10years is what Manchester City spent in the first three seasons of Guardiola's era. So I speak from a place of confidence when I tell you Diego Simeone has never actually been given a blank cheque to work with or provided with what he'd have preferred in any transfer window.

If you're much of a football enthusiast as you're showing off to be, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Seborrhic, oya over to you. Pls respond with your 10MB google
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by rosemary67l: 2:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
This guy is Mourinho's apprentice in disguise...This guy is Mourinho's apprentice in disguise......
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by kenx1(m): 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2023
Chelsea should go 4 him
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by Truvelisback(m): 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2023
mariahAngel:

Shey banga papa wan whine me ni? cheesy
grin let me just assume u can.
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by lukency(m): 2:39pm On Jan 10, 2023
Over to Chelsea to do the needful and take advantage of the situation
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by Yeahmehn: 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2023
Like you Sabi wetin I dey think. Chelsea done get new coach be dat. I dey pity dem sef me wey be man u
Bigredmachine:
Chelsea will need him ASAP
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by Artzdanielsz(m): 3:06pm On Jan 10, 2023
Sammy07:

that is una style of play, una go need him
That was our style of play and not anymore. We will stick with Potter.
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by Ogbeniayanfe(m): 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
He should come and take over Chelsea...he has paid his due in atletico Madrid..
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by ozijay: 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2023
You no add Diego Costa na wa for you o.
The only time he would have won champions league Diego was sick and could only play few minutes.

Hendrixky
post=119894050:

Hmmmm

Diego Simeone

His best squad that year na coke, turan, Felipe Luiz, courtois, juanfran, godin, miranda, gabi, turan

That year ...you nor go score them them nor go score you

It you sabi play ball well well then you go manage win them 2 vs 1....but body go tell you and enough yellow card, dead body and red card go surplus
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by darediamond(m): 7:04pm On Jan 10, 2023
Melodydoctor:
Atletico does not play champions league before Simeone. They regularly do because of him. What a nice negativity!
PURE FACT.
Jam them for that dia europa league back then and count yourself out even before the actual match.

As a Liverpool fan, I even prefer meeting Real Madrid than jam Atleti-Wahalah!!

1 Like

Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by Give400: 8:32pm On Jan 10, 2023
Hendrixky:
Hmmmm

Diego Simeone

His best squad that year na coke, turan, Felipe Luiz, courtois, juanfran, godin, miranda, gabi, turan

That year ...you nor go score them them nor go score you

It you sabi play ball well well then you go manage win them 2 vs 1....but body go tell you and enough yellow card, dead body and red card go surplus
Football was more fun to watch then. They used to play like their lives depends on it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by Yunghost: 9:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
;Dthis werey coach
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by Munzy14(m): 9:37pm On Jan 10, 2023
mariahAngel:

Real Madrid never disappoints.
Viva Madrid!
I puola na Asernal cheesy
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by haybhi1(m): 2:50am On Jan 11, 2023
mariahAngel:
It's better that way.
His style will never win them the champions' league

No, dude! Man's good! He was only 5 minutes away from winning it in 2016. Extremely close in '14 too. Imagine his players stuck more to his preaching - tenacity, Madrid have have two less UCL. He almost threw off Man city last season. Even played better!

I count things like 'luck' as excuses and superstitious, but boy did it work against Simeone!
Re: Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports by seniorgozman(m): 6:24am On Jan 11, 2023
He should come to Chelsea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reims V PSG: Sergio Ramos Receives His 28th Red Card Of His Footballing Career / John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty / Willian Joined Arsenal To Win The UCL But Instead Left Them Bottom Of The Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.