Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,911 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? (756 Views)

You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy / Private Jets Spotted On The Tarmac Of The Abuja Intl Airport (pix/video) / US Embassy To Reopen Abuja Office On Friday August 24 After 'White Powder Scare' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Banilla: 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
Would it be appropriate? I would love to get an undergraduate scholarship in the UK or Canada. Can I visit their embassies to make such enquiries? And how do I go about it? Should I write an email beforehand booking an appointment?

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:49pm On Jan 10, 2023
What happened to google.

1 Like

Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Banilla: 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
What happened to google.
I can't get advice from google. There are sites, yes, but the instructions aren't clear. Those are bloggers interested in making their money. I need someone with experience to tell me what I should do. We can discuss here or off Nairaland. It wouldn't hurt, would it?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:56pm On Jan 10, 2023
Banilla:
I can't get advice from google. There are sites, yes, but the instructions aren't clear. Those are bloggers interested in making their money. I need someone with experience to tell me what I should do. We can discuss here or off Nairaland. It wouldn't hurt, would it?
Men I don't think you are ready to study abroad yet to be honest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Banilla: 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Men I don't think you are ready to study abroad yet to be honest.
I'm making enquiries. undecided
Don't derail this thread. Unlike you, someone who's travelled could help me. Good day

Cc: Justwise. You're the mod here.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by ednut1(m): 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2023
Banilla:
Would it be appropriate? I would love to get an undergraduate scholarship in the UK or Canada. Can I visit their embassies to make such enquiries? And how do I go about it? Should I write an email beforehand booking an appointment?

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
what is the embassy business with scholarships You will be sent away if you go there. For you to be asking such question it shows you are not smart ( yet u want scholarship lol) You can only get it by visiting the websites of different schools to see if they have scholarships available or follow organizations offering it. To be honest with u Go hustle for school fees
Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Banilla: 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2023
ednut1:
what is the embassy business with scholarships You will be sent away if you go there. For you to be asking such question it shows you are not smart or intelligent. You can only get it by visiting the websites of different schools to see if they have scholarships available or follow organizations offering it. To be honest with u Go hustle for school fees
Oh! How would I know? I came here to ask, that means I'm more than intelligent. I don't know everything and I'm willing to learn. The way most of you behave, it shows how badly you were brought up.

5 Likes

Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Akwukalia: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2023
Go to Twitter and follow pages like
@Oludeewon, @wakawaka_doctor, @Opedia3 @FinaNapoleon from there you can see other suggested handles. You will see schools(with links) with scholarship opportunities in the US, UK, the Netherland, Sweden, China, Japan & S. Korea, etc. Then comeback to nairaland and read reviews about the country's visa process, duration and success rate

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by ATEAMS: 2:49pm On Jan 10, 2023
If the embassy is encouraging yes....n you can fund your travel

Otherwise they will mark your name or no visa list

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by JONSYN7154: 3:08pm On Jan 10, 2023
Banilla:
I work with one of the embassies here in abuja. DM me for more info.
Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Regex: 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2023
Banilla:

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Sure, go ahead, it is better than being poached by these hungry visa agents
Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by ednut1(m): 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2023
Regex:

Without appointment how you wan enter embassy
Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Banilla: 4:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
Regex:

Thank you.
Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Banilla: 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2023
ednut1:
Without appointment how you wan enter embassy
Don't worry yourself about that. I just need to know if I'll get the help I need there.
Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Banilla: 4:25pm On Jan 10, 2023
JONSYN7154:
I work with one of the embassies here in abuja. DM me for more info.
Oh! Sure. We can talk. smiley
Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by JONSYN7154: 4:35pm On Jan 10, 2023
Banilla:
Oh! Sure. We can talk. smiley
waiting
Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by ednut1(m): 4:46pm On Jan 10, 2023
Banilla:
Don't worry yourself about that. I just need to know if I'll get the help I need there.
no
Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Gerrard59(m): 2:31am On Jan 11, 2023
Banilla:
Oh! How would I know? I came here to ask, that means I'm more than intelligent. I don't know everything and I'm willing to learn. The way most of you behave, it shows how badly you were brought up.

You are not intelligent. If you were remotely intelligent, you should have taken the first advice by Tensa20. You don't have to visit an embassy to inquire about available scholarships, it is not done anywhere. During this covid period, you need an invitation to be at an embassy. Even if you get attended to, you will be told to check online for information. EVERYTHING IS ONLINE!

Most importantly, undergraduate scholarships are very scarce and uber-competitive. Do you have straight As in WASSCE? Have you written SAT? IB? What are your scores? Have you written IELTS/TOEFL? Again, everything is online. The same bandwidth you used in creating this thread and posting stoopid replies would have been used to do a simple Google search "UK undergraduate scholarships", "scholarships in the US for undergraduate studies for international students" etc. It is so simple. That is what I did recently. I Googled "scholarships for international students in Japan", got to the page, downloaded the PDF and checked one by one for the requirements and announcement dates. I wrote down the ones I qualified for. The following week, I applied to two and got them. That is how you show intelligence, not mentioning the Mod as if you want him to come and beat the respondents.

BTW, which secondary school did you finish from?

1 Like

Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Gerrard59(m): 2:36am On Jan 11, 2023
Regex:

They will tell him that the information is online, and if he is not in Abuja or Lagos, that is a total waste of money. Also, one does not need an agent to do anything regarding travel. It is totally unnecessary. Additionally, no security personnel will allow him entry without an invitation. My friend who got a fully-funded scholarship cannot go to the Canadian embassy to ask why it is taking so long for IRCC to respond to his application even after submitting all documents. But one random bloke believes he would be attended to because he wants to know which scholarships are offered by the country. undecided

Last I checked, embassy officials are not unemployed!

1 Like

Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Gerrard59(m): 2:38am On Jan 11, 2023
Akwukalia:
Go to Twitter and follow pages like
@Oludeewon, @wakawaka_doctor, @Opedia3 @FinaNapoleon from there you can see other suggested handles. You will see schools(with links) with scholarship opportunities in the US, UK, the Netherland, Sweden, China, Japan & S. Korea, etc. Then comeback to nairaland and read reviews about the country's visa process, duration and success rate

If you notice, he did not quote you but quoted the random bloke who claims to be an embassy official. Yet he claims he is intelligent. I won't be surprised his type supports Tinubu and Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Banilla: 8:11am On Jan 11, 2023
Gerrard59:

You are not intelligent. If you were remotely intelligent, you should have taken the first advice by Tensa20. You don't have to visit an embassy to inquire about available scholarships, it is not done anywhere. During this covid period, you need an invitation to be at an embassy. Even if you get attended to, you will be told to check online for information. EVERYTHING IS ONLINE!

Most importantly, undergraduate scholarships are very scarce and uber-competitive. Do you have straight As in WASSCE? Have you written SAT? IB? What are your scores? Have you written IELTS/TOEFL? Again, everything is online. The same bandwidth you used in creating this thread and posting stoopid replies would have been used to do a simple Google search "UK undergraduate scholarships", "scholarships in the US for undergraduate studies for international students" etc. It is so simple. That is what I did recently. I Googled "scholarships for international students in Japan", got to the page, downloaded the PDF and checked one by one for the requirements and announcement dates. I wrote down the ones I qualified for. The following week, I applied to two and got them. That is how you show intelligence, not mentioning the Mod as if you want him to come and beat the respondents.

Are you okay? I'm not even pursuing this. You just carried the matter. I asked a simple question if I can visit the embassy. Do you know whether on not I've done my research? This is a forum, for asking questions and receiving answers. What did I do wrong?

Most of you try to hard to come off as smart but you just end up sounding stupid. This same question was asked on quora several times but typical of Nigerians, you can't drop a simple 'yes' or 'no'... Acting like you're omniscient just because you're knowledgeable on this. undecided

Tansa didn't tell me I couldn't go, someone else did and I thanked him for it. That's the end. He did it reasonably, not trying to prove a point by insulting me cause I'm ignorant.

Ret*rds

3 Likes

Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Banilla: 8:14am On Jan 11, 2023
Gerrard59:

They will tell him that the information is online, and if he is not in Abuja or Lagos, that is a total waste of money. Also, one does not need an agent to do anything regarding travel. It is totally unnecessary. Additionally, no security personnel will allow him entry without an invitation. My friend who got a fully-funded scholarship cannot go to the Canadian embassy to ask why it is taking so long for IRCC to respond to his application even after submitting all documents. But one random bloke believes he would be attended to because he wants to know which scholarships are offered by the country. undecided

Bruh, you just sound frustrated. Give it a rest. I didn't know, so I asked. I've gotten my answer and moved on, do the same.

1 Like

Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Banilla: 8:20am On Jan 11, 2023
Gerrard59:

If you notice, he did not quote you but quoted the random bloke who claims to be an embassy official. Yet he claims he is intelligent. I won't be surprised his type supports Tinubu and Buhari.
I liked and shared his post and followed everyone he recommended. grin

You're just bitter, commenting on my thread trice. I'm not the reason you're frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Regex: 8:32am On Jan 11, 2023
Gerrard59:

What do you want me say na, since he does not understand the online one.
Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2023
Gerrard59:

Haaaa!
Uncle Gerrard, you are harsh sha!

But you said nothing but the truth.
Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by kaycome: 7:42pm On Jan 11, 2023
Banilla:

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

In this 21st century someone is asking this kind of question. Let assume you want to make enquiry, there are threads on Uk and Canada student. What stop you from reading the beginning to last post? I can assure you that by then you will delete your post, knowing what exactly you need to do. My two cents
Re: Can I Visit An Embassy To Enquire About Their Country's Intl Scholarships? by Banilla: 8:39am On Jan 12, 2023
kaycome:

In this 21st century someone is asking this kind of question. Let assume you want to make enquiry, there are threads on Uk and Canada student. What stop you from reading the beginning to last post? I can assure you that by then you will delete your post, knowing what exactly you need to do. My two cents
So reading a thread with over a thousand comments is a better option than creating my own seeking help?

Typical black man, always thinking anti clockwise

(1) (Reply)

Please Share.is Life Abroad Better Or Worse. / Strategic Leadership Development Programme, Sldp 1, Manchester, Uk July 09 / Nigerian Air Travel Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.