Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,959 members, 7,810,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy (47495 Views)

National Park Abuja Video, Photo: You Won't Believe This Place Exist In Nigeria / Safety Tips Whenever You Visit A Hotel / Usuma Dam, Abuja: You Won't Believe This Is Nigeria (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mummyfour(f): 2:23pm On Aug 23, 2023
21st if August, I was at the American embassy for a visa appointment.

From the period spanning 3 hours I was there, nobody left the interview room with a smile or laughter. Almost every one there was rejected.

The funniest thing about the rejection was the verdict on the light blue paper given to the intending travellers which read" you have not demonstrated that you have enough ties to bring you back to Nigeria "

In a layman's terms, it means we are suspecting that you want to japa into the US.

The most painful aspect was a lot of undergraduates that were turned down. A guy that had a $60,000 worth of scholarship was bounced too.

I saw someone who was just going on a study leave from a whole Deloitte where he works in presently in Nigeria being bounced too.
Most of the interviewers didn't even check out relevant documents of the applicants, but just drew their conclusion based on face value.

I was discussing with people and they said inasmuch as the reason for that verdict was baseless and stupid, we Nigerians are viewed as the worst of the worst world citizens to allow access into the US, irrespective of one's qualifications.
We have a government, system and people that are fantastically corrupt.
We have people who engage in and support illegalities.

Our judiciary is biased and is for the highest bidders, and our political system and elections are flawed (none is perfect anywhere in the world) but ours is glaring and very embarrassing.

Our leaders are not patriotic and that is why when we as citizens have our rights trampled on locally or internationally, nothing is done about it.
Nigeria is not regarded as anything again.
In other words, we are just seen as nothing but irritating pollutants.

So for those of you that applaud evil in this land, pray you remain forever in Nigeria because even if it is just to go and visit and come back, they will not allow you.
If you even have a scholarship or any good thing that can take you out of this country, you will be frustrated at the embassy.

And for those of you that left already and are destroying the name of Nigeria, God's punishment awaits you.
And for those that are still making us proud in the US and elsewhere, may God continue to bless your efforts

I rest my case.
Please mods front page

470 Likes 58 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by madone: 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2023
grin the matter is critical. One day the table will turn.
You also forgot to add those of you that travel stay just one month in America the next day you are shouting I wanna wanna on the streets of America disturbing the innocent citizens una hand dey too.

255 Likes 17 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by psucc(m): 2:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
The major challenge to this is the involvement of our leaders and government in every corruption module. It's even better now. Let the dust over 2023 elections settled, that's when we will get the real deal

26 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by ednut1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 23, 2023
These countries have quota. If they make it easy thousands or millions of people will try to japa. Unfortunately many with right intentions will be caught up in the rejections and mess.

160 Likes 12 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by colbycell: 4:44pm On Aug 23, 2023
ednut1:
These countries have quota. If they make it easy thousands or millions of people will try to japa. Unfortunately many with right intentions will be caught up in the rejections and mess.

If they're not corrupt, quota systems means when you attain the set quota you stop selling whatever it is your products are and attend to what you already have. Why collect money when you know you're not going to issue Visas...more like bet9ja if you ask me.

316 Likes 12 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by ednut1(m): 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2023
colbycell:

If they're not corrupt, quota systems means when you attain the set quota you stop selling whatever it is your products are and attend to what you already have. Why collect money when you know you're not going to issue Visas...more like bet9ja if you ask me.
no one was forced to apply. The countries self need to make money to cover expenses and salaries πŸ˜…

88 Likes 13 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Lungdick: 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2023
[quote author=ednut1 post=125310937]no one was forced to apply. The countries self need to make money to cover expenses and salaries

3 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Hisimperialmaje(m): 6:44pm On Aug 23, 2023
With the US visa being the toughest visa to get, why not try other countries than throwing away your money

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
One of my close buddies got his us visa on the first try with fake bank documents. Really lucky dude.

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Gerrard59(m): 2:50am On Aug 24, 2023
Hisimperialmaje:
With the US visa being the toughest visa to get, why not try other countries than throwing away your money

They have to be strategic at it. People keep mentioning Germany as a good option for study but forget that obtaining a German student visa from Nigeria takes at least a year from the date of application to the interview date. Interview, not visa issuance, as an interview does not guarantee a visa.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by lastkingsman: 6:18am On Aug 24, 2023
The most painful aspect was a lot of undergraduates that were turned down. A guy that had a $60,000 worth of scholarship was bounced too.

@Mummyfour

You mean scholarship and not loan? Jeez!

US should pity us na. Na WA oh

14 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by lastkingsman: 6:22am On Aug 24, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
One of my close buddies got his us visa on the first try with fake bank documents. Really lucky dude.

Chineke meh grin

He should forever thank his Chi.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mummyfour(f): 8:08am On Aug 24, 2023
lastkingsman:

@Mummyfour

You mean scholarship and not loan? Jeez!

US should pity us na. Na WA oh

It was scholarship o.

Infact that one was even more devastating

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mummyfour(f): 8:11am On Aug 24, 2023
colbycell:

that is my thoughts too.
Why continue to collect visa application fee from people.
Now the rejected people will still reapply.
It is terrible

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by BigDawsNet: 10:25am On Aug 24, 2023
My advice generally for guys is to try and travel to other countries... get atleast a temporary residency from that country and apply for a US visa... atleast your chances are higher den...

But coming from nigeria with just Nigeria passport... it's based on lucky... US doesn't run based system.. so its based on luck

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by BigDawsNet: 10:29am On Aug 24, 2023
colbycell:

Quota system cannot be consumed in the half period of the year...

So if the quota says... approve 10,000 Nigerians in 2023... it's dia job to know how to split the approvals in each day to cover a year... which maybe 35 approvals per day!.. na your grace go come help you join those lucky applicants

This information is not Official, but just a random theory

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Dyfynezz12(m): 10:35am On Aug 24, 2023
It's not easy o
The most painful part is the stress u pass through nd all dy running around, it's not easy.
After everything when u 're rejected u will just feel like collapsing.

25 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Creamypie(m): 11:53am On Aug 24, 2023
Na these same people go still vote in bad rulers down here when given 1k. They deserve the shit

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by JimmySwaggart(m): 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2023
I just hope that when am done with my nursing program in few years time I'll able to secure the EB-3 Visa and practice in the US.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by colbycell: 12:40pm On Aug 25, 2023
ednut1:
no one was forced to apply. The countries self need to make money to cover expenses and salaries πŸ˜…

You see Right here is the problem. If it were Nigerians doing the you'll keep hearing fraud all the way.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by ednut1(m): 1:43pm On Aug 25, 2023
colbycell:

You see Right here is the problem. If it were Nigerians doing the you'll keep hearing fraud all the way.
Nigeria collects visa fee from those applying to Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by donproject2(m): 3:25pm On Aug 25, 2023
If we can make this our country great.

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by eepeepook: 3:25pm On Aug 25, 2023
Lol. One of the reasons I believe heaven wasn't created for the black man. So far na oyibo get the place, dark skin go suffer to enter. I'll visit the US when I make money. For the meantime, make them use others shine.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Raskimonojendor: 3:25pm On Aug 25, 2023
Lol. OP is JJC.
This has always been the case at the US Embassy. The US no send anybody.

tensazangetsu20:
2 of my friends back in the early 2000s got the visas with the embassy staff not even checking any doc they brought with them. One landed in the US with $5 and the other $10. Of course they never returned to Nigeria and are both citizens now. Meanwhile during that period, several Nigerian senators where denied visiting visas.

US Visa is like lottery.

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Obiribooba(f): 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2023
Apc destroyed the country completely

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Hollyharjii: 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2023
One day is one day, I'll japa irrespective of the situation

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by sofeo(m): 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2023
Alright then.

It will be well.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by SmartPolician: 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2023
America is full. Attention should be on countries that don't speak English like South Korea, Portugal and Japan. They need people, but we focus on those that speak English.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mindlog: 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2023
I feel for that guy that had a $60,000 worth of scholarship but was bounced, guy must be experiencing depression promax right now. angry

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by inoki247: 3:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
Lol people will leave the citizens and blame the politicians only during Abacha era was Visa hard like this....

Nigerians are jus too desperate including me trusting them comes with Alot of gamble....

Hardly will you see a Nigeria home not bypassing a Prepaid meter even a Pastor, Imam engaging in such atrocities....

Buh I believe this countries av a Yearly quota buh they jus choose to use the avenue to Cashout when they see the people Applying are desperate....

Applying for a Visa to most of doz Arab countries u won't even pay a dime till your Visa av been approved if is rejected you just go back dere to retrieve ur documents....

20 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) / Ogun: People Scoop Palm Oil Accidentally Discharged From Oil Tanker (Video) / Visa Ban: We Informed Nigeria Of Impending Action Since March 2019 - US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.