Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

If You Are Unemployed Consider This - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / If You Are Unemployed Consider This (36490 Views)

Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG / Should I Consider This As A Rejection Message / 4 Reasons Why You Are Unemployed Despite Your Constant Application Trials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Fearyourcreator: 2:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
nnamdi640:
How will someone without a job see money to start moving around or dress decent for this Buhari regime wey things are expensive like mad. Honestly, Buhari with the help of Tinubu messed this country up.
The person no dey wear cloth before ?
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by eflintsone(m): 2:38pm On Jan 12, 2023
nnamdi640:
How will someone without a job see money to start moving around or dress decent for this Buhari regime wey things are expensive like mad. Honestly, Buhari with the help of Tinubu messed this country up.

Sense of foolishness
Everything na Buhari
Ask questions and seek for help
I got my present job by asking a friend and she added me to a WhatsApp job group and boom i got the job within two weeks

If u bank on hate on Buhari hungry go kill you
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Fearyourcreator: 2:39pm On Jan 12, 2023
Rubyjade:
Stop making excuses
Excuses typical of a lazy fellow... The person has been walking naked before ni
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Fearyourcreator: 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2023
Lance00009:
You can't use your situation to judge all
Make I Dey waka about with empty stomach
Not possible
A lot of Nigeria thinking of what to eat
How do u expect such person to leave his house
Make them dey sleep na
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Regex: 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2023
christianjoy:
best advice for people who are lazy

One of me mates in school then is always fond of asking me money, I suggested he get a job this year, he kept on coming up with different excuses until I dropped the above advice by op even before seeing it here, he's ghosted me.
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Emmyleb: 2:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
Mehn I’m so impressed with the way you throw back the question to them��

nnamdi640:
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Phenomena1: 2:43pm On Jan 12, 2023
SirElaw:
As an individual looking not to be idle, definitely do this.

However, the fact remains that there are much more qualified graduates than there are job opportunities in Nigeria. High unemployment rate isn't the fault of the individual but the result of decades of inefficient management of national resources by the government.
This is the problem of our northern brothers. Some did'nt even complete primary school education, they can't read and write, they have no skill but you see them working at NNPC, CBN and co making those that graduated with skill look job.
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by KazikageSama: 2:44pm On Jan 12, 2023
Thanks OP. Well articulated.

I'd also suggest they take advantage of global online job boards and forums.
LinkedIn is NOT overrated.
Indeed is equally good.
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by christianjoy(m): 2:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
Regex:

One of me mates in school then is always fond of asking me money, I suggested he get a job this year, he kept on coming up with different excuses until I dropped the above advice by op even before seeing it here, he's ghosted me.
you are always his best friend for giving him that advice
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by membranus: 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
IyaTola:
If you are unemployed or Underemployed; Stop Sitting at Home;
Consider this

A lot of people have reached out to say it is difficult to get a job without having an influential connection, I totally disagree.

The problem is most of us sit down and expect jobs to come to us.

Employers don't owe you any jobs

See below Strategies that may help your job search;

1. Don't sit at home , move round, attend events

2. When you meet people, do not just greet them and leave, make a connection by striking a conversation and do not be shy to say you need a job.

3. Nurture the connections you make and keep in touch.

Don't expect that once you tell someone once you need a job, they ll always remember.

Keep in touch and don't be a nuisance.

Most people prefer text messages.

4. Do unsolicited visits to companies- A lot of mid sized businesses need employees and they will be willing to hire you.

5. Be well dressed as you move around.

Don't because you are unemployed look tattered and unkept, no employer wants an untidy employee. There are a lot of cheap options.

6. Volunteer, do internships even if the pay only cover your transport & feeding.

Offer to work for free rather than sitting at home. No experience is a waste.

7. Looking for a job is a full time job, so give it your best. Don't be tired of applying for jobs in 2023

I wish you all the best in your job search

Best advice ever for a graduate job seeker. Try one of the approaches decades ago after graduation (unsolicited visits to companies- A lot of mid sized businesses need employees) and the first day I tried it I got a job in Lagos
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by nnamdi640: 3:00pm On Jan 12, 2023
eflintsone:

Sense of foolishness
Everything na Buhari
Ask questions and seek for help
I got my present job by asking a friend and she added me to a WhatsApp job group and boom i got the job within two weeks

If u bank on hate on Buhari hungry go kill you
Thank God you got the job from a friend not by moving from one place to another, that is the impression I wanted to correct and you didn't see me throwing insult on the writer. You should learn to make your point without insult

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by HitSong: 3:06pm On Jan 12, 2023
DAVIDELUXED:

I hope your mum can suck my Dick for #1000
Lol
So just because your mom is a filthy, shameless, ugly old hag WHORÈ, you think every other person's mom is like your mom.
It will never be well with you and your entire generations.
You still child of a thousand fathers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Regex: 3:12pm On Jan 12, 2023
christianjoy:
you are always his best friend for giving him that advice

Dude ghosted me
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by DaCharis2016: 3:19pm On Jan 12, 2023
IyaTola:
Consider this

A lot of people have reached out to say it is difficult to get a job without having an influential connection, I totally disagree.

2. When you meet people, do not just greet them and leave, make a connection by striking a conversation and do not be shy to say you need a job.

Don't expect that once you tell someone once you need a job, they ll always remember.

4. Do unsolicited visits to companies- A lot of mid sized businesses need employees and they will be willing to hire you.

Don't because you are unemployed look tattered and unkept, no employer wants an untidy employee. There are a lot of cheap options.

6. Volunteer, do internships even if the pay only cover your transport & feeding.

7. Looking for a job is a full time job, so give it your best. Don't be tired of applying for jobs in 2023

Pls I need to get a job, but the experience requirement had made it like one can't get a job. It's like I will design my CV and indicate I will like to work for free to get an experience.
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by christianjoy(m): 3:23pm On Jan 12, 2023
Regex:

Dude ghosted me
he will change cool
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by YUNGLURD(m): 3:28pm On Jan 12, 2023
; angry
HitSong:

Lol
So just because your mom is a filthy, shameless, ugly old hag WHORÈ, you think every other person's mom is like your mom.
It's never be well with you and your entire generations.
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by SenatePresdo(m): 3:28pm On Jan 12, 2023
christianjoy:
best advice for people who are lazy

He whose palm nut was cracked for him by a benevolent spirit, should not forget to be humble. _ Chinua Achebe. (Things fall apart)
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by YUNGLURD(m): 3:30pm On Jan 12, 2023
; angry
HitSong:

Lol
It's never be well with you and your entire generations.

LMAO
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Singleone461: 3:31pm On Jan 12, 2023
Who's recruiting? Please I need a job that comes with accomodations. Either in lagos, abuja or even enugu and anambra. Please I lost my formal job and I'm tired of sitting at home.
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by mrksquare: 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2023
Hamachi:
Hi,
Please read,

We have noticed that a lot of people make these mistakes in their CVs, just to let you know that they are differences between the certificate you obtain via a professional examination and the certificate you obtain via training.

When mentioning professional certifications in your CVs, employers are expected to see those certifications you obtain via writing a professional examination and not the certificate you obtain via attending 1, 2, or 3 months of training.
Such professional certifications can be; CIPM, ACA, ACCA, COREN, PMP, etc.
Those certifications you obtain by attending a 1, 2, or 3 months training can be listed under Training & Certification(s) in your CV, and not under Professional Certification(s).

Most of the certifications you obtain from your 1, 2, or 3 months of training are not classified as professional certifications, they are just certificate to prove that you participated in the training and that you have gained some skills.

We have also seen in several CVs where some candidates listed some of these certifications they obtain from training as professional certifications. Please note the difference.

The Google IT support Professional certification and the Google Data Analytics Professional certification offered by Coursera could be classified under what category? I ask because the appellation Professional is on the the both certificates.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 12, 2023
I need job, I'm an practising Electrical Engr grounded well in house wiring but I'm also diverse in other electrical and non electrical field. I just came to Lagos. if you can help pls call /chat me up 08038814644.
I'm a guy who hates staying at home doing nothing.

pls help if you can.
thanks
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Smartjob1(f): 5:23pm On Jan 12, 2023
Offer free services. It helps you build the network, improves your work experience and offers you the opportunity to learn from the job. IF the company sees your zeal and hard/smart work, they will definitely keep you.
IyaTola:
Consider this

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by christianjoy(m): 6:11pm On Jan 12, 2023
SenatePresdo:

He whose palm nut was cracked for him by a benevolent spirit, should not forget to be humble. _ Chinua Achebe. (Things fall apart)
explain further pls
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Flesh10: 6:33pm On Jan 12, 2023
If you have data and claim you don't have a job you need to be flogged.

You can't be online always and not be making money. No, I am not talking about making money online be it crypto, affiliate marketing, forex etc far from that. Infact I know nothing about those topic, I tried forex and crypto and lost woefully.

What I am talking about is concerning making your data worth it.

If you always have data while still looking for Job try move to major markets, take pictures of what they are selling and be posting on your whatsapp, facebook, instagram even tiktok and twitter.

Be consistent, believe me the first few months will be tough cos of no sale but stay consistent, gradually people will get to know you. Some people will view your story and scroll pass but one day they may be in need of that thing and will remember that there is someone that always post that and before you know you have secured your first sale.

Once they pay, go-to the market (the shop) buy it (ensure you seek for warranty and tell them you are a reseller) remove your profit and deliver the goods.

I started this way. Working as a 50k salary earner I had free internet in the office.

On Saturdays I will go to computer village, take pictures of laptops and tell the sellers to add me to their broadcast lists so that I can be getting updates of new systems.

I will take pictures, ask for config and prices then upload on all my handles. It took time but I was consistent (after all I am not using my money to buy and store them).

One day I made my first sale from someone that always views my status. I convinced him to pay, he paid and I rushed to computer village to get the laptop. My profit that day was 10k.

Gradually sales started coming and I was encouraged to start running Ads. During covid when there was no salary I had time to base in market alot and there I got more contacts. My laptop business was fetching me more money. I was making sales without adding a kobo from my pocket.

The sellers got used to me and sometimes will allow me carry laptops to deliver to customers via pay on delivery and once they pay I remove my profit and pay them their money.

Fast forward to today I make a lot of sales and even have a car. Just a two years journey got me what 50k a month job couldn't.

Don't stay idle, make ur data be useful.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by irumanle(m): 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2023
malawi101:
A good knowledge of linkedin and Indeed.com saves you the stress of moving around. With LinkedIn you could get a job from the comfort of your house. It has always worked for me.

Please guide me on how to job hunt with linkedin.
Thanks in anticipation of your reply
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Obere4u: 7:13pm On Jan 12, 2023
malawi101:
A good knowledge of linkedin and Indeed.com saves you the stress of moving around. With LinkedIn you could get a job from the comfort of your house. It has always worked for me.

Please can you guide on how to go about it?
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by sundid(m): 7:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
IyaTola:
Consider this

Ok
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Mmash(f): 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2023
I don't understand this write up o,I don't have a job,how will I transport to event to b mingling & dressing nice & b volunteering,I beg any body wen no get job or anything to do should be patience, prayerful & manage any mini job or trade,find a way to get oneself occupy for the main time till some thing happen.thanks

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by SenatePresdo(m): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2023
christianjoy:
explain further pls

What do you mean by; "people who are lazy"?
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Adalhurv(f): 10:11pm On Jan 12, 2023
IyaTola:
Consider this

My name is Adanna Onwurah. I have a BSC in Public Administration. I am optimistic, I have excellent organizational skills, I communicate clearly and speak English fluently, I am also very dedicated to my job and love excelling at what I do. I relocated from the Island back to mainland and I stay around agbara. I am looking for the job of an Executive Assistant,Hr Assistant/Trainee, Admin Officer, Virtual Assistant. Thank you. You can contact me via WhatsApp 08123531238
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Oyerinde16(m): 10:16pm On Jan 12, 2023
IyaTola:
Consider this

No job, no money nothing, transporting around with the little you begi begi... By the time you run around 3-4 times and security tell you to drop your CV your eye go clear...

I remember those days, not that I even disrespect those security o... Dem go just de feel fly cos I come submit CV... Omo men have suffered...

Guys hustle anyhow that pays you abeg, I no discourage anyone, I am not looking for job either...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daniel Joshua: Former N-Power Volunteer Gets N300,000 For Returning N60,000 / Luxxor Group Recruitment 2017 / Halliburton 2014 Talent Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.