Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria (1397 Views)

In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu / Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? / A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by aloyemeka2: 1:15am On Sep 05, 2011
Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, etc all had their revolution in the last one year and all were organized through facebook. Yemen, Iran, Qatar etc will soon follow.

From my online experience, Nairaland seems to be the only Nigerian website where people are very passionate about politics over any other thing. Nigerians embrace facebook in huge numbers but their presence there is strictly social and city gossips but Nairaland is very potent when it comes to active politics in Nigeria and it is growing stronger by the day. My fear is that ethnocentrism is still blocking their progress but with time and that time is very near, I forsee an organized revolution in Nigeria that will surely start from Nairaland. The revolution will lead to a brand new nation where career politicians will be swept away like flakes and I am seriously waiting for that day.
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by Beaf: 1:18am On Sep 05, 2011
Comedy.
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 05, 2011
Mother tribalizt, aloy-emeka, we're not amused by your joke.

Your time is better spend posting tribalistic threads.
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by tpia5: 1:34am On Sep 05, 2011
More like nairaland is the only hope for increased ganja production in nigeria.
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by aloyemeka2: 2:02am On Sep 05, 2011
Beaf:

Comedy.

Not in those words.
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by aloyemeka2: 2:03am On Sep 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Mother tribalizt, aloy-emeka, we're not amused by your joke.

Your time is better spend posting tribalistic threads.

And yours truly  shall focus on doing your homework and staying in school. Early pregnancy comes with so many responsibilities, you know. Keep those legs tight and you shall be aight.
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:48am On Sep 05, 2011
aloy-emeka:

And yours truly  shall focus on doing your homework and staying in school. [size=28pt]Early pregnancy comes with so many responsibilities[/size], you know. Keep those legs tight and you shall be aight.

You ought to keep [size=28pt]your[/size] personal life trivial off NL. We're still not amused.  cool

Great advice tho, may God bless you and your child.
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by dplordx(m): 7:18am On Sep 05, 2011
Im very very ready
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 7:56am On Sep 05, 2011
This shows how callous we are as a people, a good suggestion and derailment soon after. See why i feel this country has no redemption.
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by Blackteeth(m): 9:23am On Sep 05, 2011
I dey laff o. Most Nairalanders making noise here are sitting with their laptops somewhere outside the country. Probably the OP is among. Only about 2% of Nigerians in Nigeria visit Nairaland. Majority of Nigerians don't even have laptops before you talk of paying high internet bills and then "accidentally" finding Nairaland and reading the call to revolt.
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by aloyemeka2: 11:14am On Sep 05, 2011
Blackteeth:

I dey laff o. Most Nairalanders making noise here are sitting with their laptops somewhere outside the country. Probably the OP is among. Only about 2% of Nigerians in Nigeria visit Nairaland. Majority of Nigerians don't even have laptops before you talk of paying high internet bills and then "accidentally" finding Nairaland and reading the call to revolt.

writing from odo ado. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by tEsLim(m): 11:35am On Sep 05, 2011
Well social networks account should be opened up for this purpose alone! Youths Revolt!
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 05, 2011
[size=20pt]@OP Are you inciting a Revolution, OMG i SAW THIS COMING i HOPE NIGERIA IS NOT THE NEXT LIBYA. WE WILL EASY GET THE WORLD'S ATTENTION AND NATO BOMBINGS OVER LAGOS BECAUSE OF OUR OIL, BE CAREFUL. YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE BLOOD ON THE STREETS.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 05, 2011
aloy-emeka:

My fear is that ethnocentrism is still blocking their progress but with time and that time is very near, I forsee an organized revolution in Nigeria that will surely start from Nairaland. 

And what material conditions are likely to erode Nairalanders' ethnocentrism sufficiently enough to allow a new consciousness?
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2011
aloy-emeka:

And yours truly  shall focus on doing your homework and staying in school. Early pregnancy comes with so many responsibilities, you know. Keep those legs tight and you shall be aight.
Lwkmd grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by maclatunji: 1:14pm On Sep 05, 2011
eGuerrilla:

And what material conditions are likely to erode Nairalanders' ethnocentrism sufficiently enough to allow a new consciousness?

Salute to the Prof.
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by Desola(f): 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2011
I agree with the OP sha.
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 11:11pm On Sep 05, 2011

OP DONT BE DECEIVED BY PEOPLES POST OOO.

SOME OF THE CRIMES YOU READ ABOUT IN NIGERIA AND COMMENT ABOUT THEM HERE, THE PEOPLE THAT COMMIT THOSE CRIMES ALSO COMMENT ON THEM HERE AS WELL.

EVERY EVIL GROUP IN NIGERIA HAS REPRESENTATIVES ON THIS SITE.

BOKO HARAM, KIDNAPPERS, MILITANTS, CORRUPT POLITICIAN, ASSASSINS, ARMED ROBBERS, SUICIDE BOMBERS, THEM ALL DEY HERE grin grin grin

SO DONT BE CARRIED AWAY.

Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:35am On Sep 06, 2011
What a joke. Nigerians love their life to a fault, even face to face contact will not gather such a crowd talk of an anonymous forum
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by aloyemeka2: 2:52am On Sep 06, 2011
eGuerrilla:

Are you related to Dede or Patrick Obaihagbon?
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by efisher(m): 5:20am On Sep 06, 2011
There can be no unified revolutionary movement in Nigeria against corrupt politicians and an insensitive government. The best we can have is a tribal/ religious war. I do not think the day will ever come where Northerners, Easterners, Westerners and S.Southerners will ever come together and fight for the same cause. They will instead fight themselves. In other words, we will never have an "Egypt" but we can have a "Sudan".
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by okadaman2: 6:29am On Sep 06, 2011
efisher:

There can be no unified revolutionary movement in Nigeria against corrupt politicians and an insensitive government. The best we can have is a tribal/ religious war. I do not think the day will ever come where Northerners, Easterners, Westerners and S.Southerners will ever come together and fight for the same cause. They will instead fight themselves. In other words, we will never have an "Egypt" but we can have a "Sudan".

Let me help your argument further for the sake of those who don't understand Nigeria.

Those who own Nigeria will never let things get to the stage where a popular uprising or revolution can occur, they know how to settle things hush hush and across the country.

Nigeria operates a SETTLEMENT SYSTEM, but only few lords are settled and it's their responsibility to keep the peace in their domain. The only way you can get a revolution is if one of these major players get's stupid, crazy or greedy enough to play a tribal game by.

1. Taking control and sidelining the others nationally.

2. Failing to share the loot with the noisy disgruntled elements in his domain and keep them quiet.

These two scenarios will not happen, because they are too smart and too aware of the implications.

The real owners cannot afford to be openly tribal or stoke tribal hate. It will consume everyone of them.

The unimportant regular Nigerians can be as Tribalistic as they want, they will only die of bitterness and hate induced heart attack. The real owners cannot afford to let ethnic sentiments consume them. They must settle across the board.

Nigeria cannot get a revolution until these people make a mistake, I don't think they will. The Money and power system is well organized.

NOTE: the Boko Haram issue is seriously capable of shaking things but as long as the controllers of that area keep the naughty noise makers in check, nothing will happen, if they cannot check them, they will or can call in help from the rest and look away while owners from other regions deal with the problem on their behalf.

Be merry Be happy, suffer and smile, then try ya best to break into the click. I Forsee No Revolution.

Caveat; If oil money suddenly dries up or reduce drastically before we diversify, it may affect this well oiled settlement system.

Tip: Attack the oil source if you are impatient. But be ready for the wrath of the real owners ----> Oil companies and their owner Countries.

Sorry embarassed
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by Desola(f): 6:40am On Sep 06, 2011
This Okada man is an okoro rare breed o. When did they start to get sense like this?
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by okstol: 7:07am On Sep 06, 2011
@Desola, why do u like derailing threads? Must u show that your stunted growth also affected your reasoning?. @Okada-man, u got it right bro. Ethnic and religious sentiments will seriously be a militating factor towards achieving Op's wake up call.
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 06, 2011
Revolution ni bo ? Ethnic chauvinism won't allow that to happen besides some people especially the ibos and hausas are only interested in producing presidents of this same ''shiithole'' Nigeria !
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by okstol: 7:35am On Sep 06, 2011
@bluetooth,what do your yoruba peeps wants from this shitz hole? Stop throwing this your tantrums and be objective for once. Some seconds ago u were talking about ethnic chauvinism and now u are being a victim.
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by denzel2009: 7:38am On Sep 06, 2011
Are you trying to instigate revolution via Nairaland?
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by Desola(f): 7:40am On Sep 06, 2011
E no go beta for you and your heritage. Yoruba!
okstol:

@Desola, why do u like derailing threads? Must u show that your stunted growth also affected your reasoning?. @Okada-man, u got it right bro. Ethnic and religious sentiments will seriously be a militating factor towards achieving Op's wake up call.
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 06, 2011
okstol:

@bluetooth,what do your yoruba peeps wants from this shitz hole? Stop throwing this your tantrums and be objective for once. Some seconds ago u were talking about ethnic chauvinism and now u are being a victim.
I think the ibos are only frustrated for not being able to produce a president since independence despite being a major ethnic and with the ''born to rule'' syndrome of the hausas,only God knows what ibos and hausas will turn Nigeria to in 2015 !
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2011
okada_man:

Let me help your argument further for the sake of those who don't understand Nigeria.

Those who own Nigeria will never let things get to the stage where a popular uprising or revolution can occur, they know how to settle things hush hush and across the country.

This is not a key requisite for a revolution to succeed.

Though it is true the owners of Nigeria currently move around with a swagger, like a peacock who refuses to alter its dignified manner of walking just because the forest is on fire (as Achebe once had me believing), they are simply not on the right side of history.
Once the rage simmering attains a critical mass, they will find little protection in the chain of colossal events which are bound to unfold.

Do I get an Amen/آمين?
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by okadaman2: 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2011
eGuerrilla:

This is not a key requisite for a revolution to succeed.

Though it is true the owners of Nigeria currently move around with a swagger, like peacocks who refuses to alter its dignified manner of walking just because the forest is on fire (as Achebe once had me believing), they are simply not on the right side of history.
Once the rage simmering attains a critical mass, they will find little protection in the chain of colossal events which are bound to unfold.

Do I get an Amen/آمين?

Of course it's not a key requirement for success but a slip by them along the lines I mentioned will create a good atmosphere for a popular uprising.

I'm simply pointing out that in the absence of that "slip up" by the owners of Nigeria, I see no hope in the near term really. Our people are not tired or angry enough yet to do this all by themselves. Afterall, we are still the "happiest country" on earth.

The bubbling undercurrent of discontent is simply not strong enough to start an uprising talkless of sustaining one. We might need to suffer a little bit more or hope the owners make silly mistakes by failing to "spread the settlement" wide enough.

I forsee no revolution, I hope I'm wrong.
Re: Nairaland Is The Only Hope Of Revolution In Nigeria by PointB: 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2011
Blueteeth, desoko, senate, and gbagbe will be the greatest obstacle towards achieving such in Nairaland. grin grin grin

Real monikers are not used to protect the guilty. Pun intended. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

... / Strike: N-Delta youths warn NLC, mobilise for Jonathan / 20 Million Euro Mansion: Court Vindicate Allison-madueke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.