Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,135 members, 7,829,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters (40980 Views)

10 States With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters As Of August 1, 2022 / Statistics Of Registered Voters For 2019 Elections / Breakdown Of Registered Voters By INEC As At 31st Of August 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by Lincton: 3:55pm On Jan 11, 2023
What's the source of the figures
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by mrksquare: 3:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
ItsTutsi:
According to the Independent National Electoral Commission, around eight million young Nigerians successfully finished the recently finished Continuous Voter Registration process.

The data from INEC would seem to support the claim that the youth population will play a key role in the outcome of the upcoming elections.

A list of 12,298,944 people who had already started registering and 10,487,972 new registrants were both released by the INEC.

Lagos (7,155,920 registered voters)

Lagos, with 6.57 million residents, is the state with the highest number of voters who have registered for the 2019 elections. As a result of having the most completed registrations, the state kept the lead throughout the CVR exercise (585,629). Out of Nigeria's 36 states, it now has the most voters registered, with a total of 7.15 million.

Kano (6,026,850 registered voters)

After the CVR process, Kano State, which was in second place behind Lagos in 2019 as expected, kept that position. Throughout the current registration process in the state, a total of 569,103 finished voter registrations have been noted. At 6.02 million, Kano now has more registered voters than it did in 2019 (5.45 million).

Kaduna (4,411,723 registered voters)

After the CVR for the most votes cast, Kaduna, which had placed third in 2019, continued to be third. The State reported 479,231 completed registrations during the recently finished operation, according to figures from INEC. 4.4 million persons were registered to vote before the 2019 elections, an increase of 3.93 million from the previous count.

Rivers (3,689,197 registered voters)

In the South-South region, Rivers State led all other states in the number of registered voters with more than 3.5 million. According to the CVR, there are now 3.68 million registered voters in the State, a rise of 473,924.

Katsina (3,570,740 registered voters)

Katsina, in the northwest of Nigeria, has one of the highest voter turnout rates in 2019. There were 3.2 million voters who had registered. According to the closed CVR, a total of 340,510 individuals have additionally applied for voter identity cards as of August 1, 2022, which might be interpreted as a sign that state inhabitants are politically informed. There are currently 3.57 million registered voters in the State as a result.

Look at the voting strength of states like Lagos, Kano and Kaduna. Yet my gomina, Nebuchadnezzar wike will not allow Nigerians rest with his constant verbal diarrhea about Rivers votes. Who ever that concentrate on North West and wins convincingly and maybe wins Lagos and other smaller states and maybe secure 25 percent in other states have won the Presidential election.

2 Likes

Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by alimiadedayo1: 4:05pm On Jan 11, 2023
MrEverest:

Kwankwaso wins Kano!
Obi wins Rivers!
Atiku or Kwankwaso wins Katsina!

While Lagos and Kaduna are swing States with Obi winning at least one of them.

You now understand why Tinubu is likely to come 4th cheesy

maybe you just mistakenly drop from a 10 storey building.. obi will win lagos and rivers hun hun not only lagos and rivers but all the state in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by adekolaelect(m): 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2023
Some Mumu here think their ability to Insult, wishes , Emotional feelings and hatred against one particular candidate will determine who becomes the president of Nigeria .

1 Like

Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by Ttalk: 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2023
Coronavirus1:

Just ask people in Lagos their preferred candidate 75% will tell you obi just try it I am in Lagos

Come out of Alaba market. Obi will not win Ojo LG where Alaba is situated

3 Likes

Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by Kennyfancy(m): 4:17pm On Jan 11, 2023
Sammy07:

LMAO.
Highest I'm giving him is 100k bro.

Tinubu will sweep Lagos like how kids dey sweep noodles

Apart from Lagos, Tinubu will have more votes in South East than Obi in South West.
Not because of tribe but party.

If it had been Atiku Vs Obi in the major parties, then you can have your assurances about Lagos and some south west states
stop taking weeds
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by AdaojoTheUrchin: 4:24pm On Jan 11, 2023
Sammy07:

LMAO.
Highest I'm giving him is 100k bro.

Tinubu will sweep Lagos like how kids dey sweep noodles

Apart from Lagos, Tinubu will have more votes in South East than Obi in South West.
Not because of tribe but party.

If it had been Atiku Vs Obi in the major parties, then you can have your assurances about Lagos and some south west states

LOL....you must be kidding me about Tinubu having more votes in SE than Obi would have in the SW. Laughable. grin
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by Sammy07: 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

LOL....you must be kidding me about Tinubu having more votes in SE than Obi would have in the SW. Laughable. grin

Apart from Lagos, that's the truth bro

1 Like

Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by Sammy07: 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2023
Kennyfancy:
stop taking weeds

Reality ain't weed
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by AdaojoTheUrchin: 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2023
Sammy07:

Lol, e shock me.
I don't even see obi having 20k anywhere apart from Lagos.
From observation and interactions, Those that doesn't like Tinubu or Atiku are not coming to vote at all.

Bwahahahaha! You should be a comedian.

Did you really graduate from UNN as you claimed earlier? No true Lion can be so deluded. grin grin
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by Sammy07: 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

Bwahahahaha! You should be a comedian.

Did you really graduate from UNN as you claimed earlier? No true Lion can be so deluded. grin grin

I'm a proud lion, and I'm telling you the reality.

2 Likes

Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by AutoConsult: 4:55pm On Jan 11, 2023
post=119921642:
*Lagos Obi
*Kano Kwankwaso
*Kastina Atiku
*Rivers Obi
*Kaduna to close to call
Lmao. Clown

2 Likes

Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by sammirano: 5:14pm On Jan 11, 2023
Even if all igbos vote in lagos, obi will be in distant 4th, eko ni won pe bi.
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by Abdul4trust1(m): 5:29pm On Jan 11, 2023
MrEverest:

Kwankwaso wins Kano!
Obi wins Rivers!

you're obviously a poor student of Nigeria politics
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by MrEverest(m): 5:33pm On Jan 11, 2023
Abdul4trust1:
you're obviously a poor student of Nigeria politics

Abdul olaniyi the yoruba muslim, what do you know about Nigeria politics?

You think yoruba muslims and agberos are enough to make Tinubu win?

Your eyes go soon clear.
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by Olaniyi021(m): 5:34pm On Jan 11, 2023
[quote author= post=119921550]
Tinubu will not win one state among these states [/quot

But obi will win these mentioned states abi, you really need medical attention.
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by grandstar(m): 6:30pm On Jan 11, 2023
MrEverest:

Kwankwaso wins Kano!
Obi wins Rivers!

How will Obi win Lagos state?

Obi will most likely come second. Yorubas love Tinubu despite his shenanigans. He has done a lot for the state and is intelligent.

1 Like

Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by ZombieSlayer1: 6:30pm On Jan 11, 2023
donphilopus:
There's no way Atiku is winning this election. Of the five states listed above; Tinubu should win Lagos; would drag Kano with Kwankwaso if he (Kwankwaso) refuses to step down for him; would win Katsina with the help of Buhari, Dikko who's the guber. candidate, Masari and Yar'Adua's younger brother who's a senatorial candidate there.

Atiku would struggle in Rivers since Wike isn't with him. If Wike should join Abe and Amaechi to support Tinubu, he should get at least 35% in Rivers which is a plus. The only state Atiku would try is Kaduna but with Obi in the race, the bloc votes from Kaduna South would be divided. Tinubu would still win Kaduna.

At the end, Tinubu would win 4/5 states.
why do you guys think having the support of political office holders automatically translate to victory at the polls? That's kinda silly, don't you think? If that was obtainable in the past, bvas is here to change things
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by ZombieSlayer1: 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2023
Ttalk:

Come out of Alaba market. Obi will not win Ojo LG where Alaba is situated
APC won the last election in Lagos with less than 200k votes despite Tinubu pulling out his entire arsenal. This time around, he'll be severely limited by bvas. You know this, don't you?
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by Ferrous(m): 6:58pm On Jan 11, 2023
MrEverest:

Kwankwaso wins Kano!
Obi wins Rivers!

Obi wins which Rivers? You people think this is a Mile one Market Traders Association election?

1 Like

Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by funshint(m): 7:15pm On Jan 11, 2023
Tinubu knows he has no votes in SE/SS. Left to him he wouldn't even have gone there for campaign 'cos it's a waste of time. He only needs to win SW and have some convincing votes from NW, NE and some extra from NC that's all!
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by funshint(m): 7:18pm On Jan 11, 2023
Ferrous:

Obi wins which Rivers? You people think this is a Mile one Market Traders Association election?
Forget it; Obi will clear the whole of SE and SS but still wouldn't win the election.
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by TolaniLuv: 7:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
Sammy07:

Obi winning Lagos?

If Obi wins in Lagos which is APC state make I bend like cray fish. If not make all this OBidient living in Lagos should go back to their village. Let’s bet

If Tinubu wins Lagos. Igbo’s especially should start packing their bags. Lagos won’t welcome you with open arms again. You are a treat to our society already.
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by grandstar(m): 8:00pm On Jan 11, 2023
TolaniLuv:

If Obi wins in Lagos which is APC state make I bend like cray fish. If not make all this OBidient living in Lagos should go back to their village. Let’s bet

If Tinubu wins Lagos. Igbo’s especially should start packing their bags. Lagos won’t welcome you with open arms again. You are a treat to our society already.

Peter Obi can never win Lagos state. It's laughable

If he wins, I'll japa to the UK.
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by Illegal1(m): 8:01pm On Jan 11, 2023
post=119921642:
*Lagos Obi
u dn cum again with dis ur expire weed....
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by emilo2bad: 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
post=119921932:
YES
Good Sowore winning Anambra
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by Ferrous(m): 8:10pm On Jan 11, 2023
funshint:

Forget it; Obi will clear the whole of SE and SS but still wouldn't win the election.

It's only SE he may be sure of. He'll only get a reasonable votes from SS region and not clearing it entirely.
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by pacespot(m): 8:11pm On Jan 11, 2023
post=119921642:
*Lagos Obi
*Kano Kwankwaso
*Kastina Atiku
*Rivers Obi
*Kaduna to close to call

So Obi cannot win Kaduna despite his VP coming from there? What is the value of datti in this election for Obi self?
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by pacespot(m): 8:23pm On Jan 11, 2023
post=119922570:

After ringing for 2 day with Bullion vans see the gap. Check out Lagos

Don't mind those fools, like they always boastful that Tinubu built Lagos, they think Lagos is like sweet candy for Tinubu to pick. We will see in this election with more people coming out to register to vote. Many walls will be shattered and a new dawn will come into Lagos politics.

1 Like

Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by Abdul4trust1(m): 8:32pm On Jan 11, 2023
MrEverest:

Abdul olaniyi the yoruba muslim, what do you know about Nigeria politics?

You think yoruba muslims and agberos are enough to make Tinubu win?

Your eyes go soon clear.
I'm sorry, I'm a South southerner. The same reason I'm telling you you're poor student of Nigeria politics. You just concluded I'm from the west.
I'll advise you to carry out research on factors that determine the outcome of Nigeria presidential election.
This election is between Tinubu and Atiku. Every other candidate came to mark attendance.

1 Like

Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by seanwilliam(m): 8:48pm On Jan 11, 2023
As much as I won’t be voting for any presidential candidates in the forthcoming election, I can bet by balls that no one can beat tinubu in Lagos o .

And if Peter will win the other 5 states in the southwest , then he needs door to door campaign o . Tinubu is a FORCE to reckon with in southwest.

I wish dem good luck sha , but e go tough
Re: States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters by pacespot(m): 8:49pm On Jan 11, 2023
Ten06:
This is the Only country in the whole world where a Central Bank Governor can have the backing of the President and still be on the run.
Shehu Sani

Because he knows the president is not being sincere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Fighting Against Boko Haram Exposed To Unnecessary Danger? (pic) / Senator Kalu Replies Akpabio Over NDDC Contract / "Daddy You Will Win": Peter Obi Collects Crying Lady's Phone Number (Video/Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.