Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State (20864 Views)

2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors / Zoning Of 2023 Presidency Divides PDP Govs, Federal Lawmakers / Ondo Deputy Governor Divides PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by adekolaelect(m): 3:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
Gossipninja:

Ogbeni, I have told you to stop taking weed.

Which one is Tinubu?

Ben Ayade is the worst governor of CRS and the masses can't wait to chase him out.

You guys are funny.

Just take a chill pill and wait for shocker news in the coming days. As popular as Rochas, Mohammed Okechukwu Buhari couldn't get 25% in 2015. Aside vote buying, governors have no say in Elections.

Even with the massive vote buying, bribery of officials, party stalwarts, Oyetola still lost.

Power really belongs to the people and you guys know that.

Moreover, you guys think you are the only people that can buy votes.

What if LP shocks you people by buying votes too? Coupled with the masses love and support? Abii una think say that can't happen?
A labour party that can not buy or gifted form for any Nigerians to fill their empty Flagg bearer space will decide to buy votes!!!!!. A party with extremely selfish stingy presidential candidate can never bring any Mercy for ordinary Nigerians than more Hunger . Where and what is good governance where there is Hunger ? Can you tell me how a stingy man can take people in his community out of hunger without spending ? I need better answers without Insults.

1 Like

Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by saintkeppy(m): 3:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
senatordave1:

Even the akwa ibomites here support him

Yes, we are solidly behind him, Prince we know. cheesy

Gov. Ayade was fast to pick him as a popular candidate, Sandy using Efiok Cobham as his campaign manager in the South wasn't a masterstroke, he would used someone else to talk in their behalf, but Donald Duke might help.
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by saintkeppy(m): 4:04pm On Jan 11, 2023
senatordave1:

She lost her ward in February rerun.

She is not popular na, Donald Duke should have advice Sandy Onor to pick his Running Mate from Calabar Municipality or Calabar South.

Akpabuyo had Donald Duke as Governor,
Odukpani had Efiok Cobham as Deputy-Governor in the past.
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by spencekat(m): 4:11pm On Jan 11, 2023
senatordave1:

He lost narrowly or should I say he was rigged out by the incumbent government which is noe supporting him.prince is far more acceptable than sandy
Acceptable to APC members
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 11, 2023
senatordave1:

.what is the truth? That atiku will win here

The body of your thread had nothing to do with who's going to win Presidential elections in Cross River, amongst the three major contenders.

Stop peddling half-truths in your bid to gaslight people into arguments so you can gauge the political chances of your candidate.

I don't know why you keep trying to sell the false narrative that you're very informed as regards the political mindsets of the average Cross Riverians. You keep throwing insinuations on Nairaland, using guess works from petty details you get on the sidelines, while giving the reading public on this forum the impression that you're a major voice of information in the politics of my state. Kindly stop that nonsense!
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by Nicolo360: 4:17pm On Jan 11, 2023
Fibonacci88:

Tinubu will come a distant 3rd in cross river. The state is fully oidient. Sandy will win Govnorship forget all the posters Prince Otu is litering calabar with. APC is an anathema here in Cross River.

APC don’t need Cross River State to win the national election, a broke state for that matter.

1 Like

Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by senatordave1(m): 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2023
Buddha3:

The body of your thread had nothing to do with who's going to win Presidential elections in Cross River, amongst the three major contenders.

Stop peddling half-truths in your bid to gaslight people into arguments so you can gauge the political chances of your candidate.

I don't know why you keep trying to sell the false narrative that you're very informed as regards the political mindsets of the average Cross Riverians. You keep throwing insinuations on Nairaland, using guess works from petty details you get on the sidelines, while giving the reading public on this forum the impression that you're a major voice of information in the politics of my state. Kindly stop that nonsense!

You are intelligent.but atiku and sandy cannot win

1 Like

Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by senatordave1(m): 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2023
spencekat:
Acceptable to APC members

To cross riverians as a whole.crs is won by the ruling party

1 Like

Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by Terenceike(m): 4:43pm On Jan 11, 2023
senatordave1:

Kid,go and check again.buhari won oru east,ideato north,ideato south,isiala mbano and nkwrrre in 2019

Oga you forgot the election was between two Fulanis?
This time is different, a capable Igbo man is in the ballot
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by Mccullum: 4:51pm On Jan 11, 2023
Fibonacci88:

see nothing concern me with who wins the state as far as the state is Obidient at d federal level any of the two mumu party can win the state

It's clearer to you people now that Obi can't win presidential electtion,

Tinubu is the next President of Nigeria while Atiku will be a serial loser.. grin
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by bilangha(m): 5:01pm On Jan 11, 2023
pls show me one project done by Ayade apc non,we are observing apc is a fraud in cross river, only the gullible will vote apc......apc!park and go.....pdp change the game.Ayade has destroyed the reputation of apc in the state.
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by yemmit90: 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2023
Gossipninja:

Which one is Tinubu?

Ben Ayade is the worst governor of CRS and the masses can't wait to chase him out.

You guys are funny.

Just take a chill pill and wait for shocker news in the coming days. As popular as Rochas, Mohammed Okechukwu Buhari couldn't get 25% in 2015. Aside vote buying, governors have no say in Elections.

Even with the massive vote buying, bribery of officials, party stalwarts, Oyetola still lost.

What if LP shocks you people by buying votes too? Coupled with the masses love and support? Abii una think say that can't happen?

Some of you will just seat at the comfort of your homes talking what you know nothing about. In as much as we all hate APC or Buhari administration (including myself), let not forget that other parties are hopelessly corrupt as well.

From family and friends who were in Osun state during governorship election, both PDP and APC share money, infact, PDP share more money than APC.

As far as Nigeria politics is concerned, it is self deceipt to say a particular party won because people genuinely voted for it. They share stupid money too especially at places they don't have advantage, 99% average Nigerians(especially women and young girls) will never reject 5k or 10k on election day and vote their conscience.

Until we go back to regionalism or adopt principle of true federalism, Nigeria will never move an inch irrespective of who become president.
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by Fibonacci88: 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2023
Mccullum:

It's clearer to you people now that Obi can't win presidential electtion,

Tinubu is the next President of Nigeria while Atiku will be a serial loser.. grin
Is comprehension ur problem. Go back and read my post. This time slowly.
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by ifihearam: 5:38pm On Jan 11, 2023
peepydelano:
Why will the people of cross rivers allow Wike a port harcourt man to have a say in their state politics. Are the people of cross river that weak?

My thoughts exactly
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by Mccullum: 5:41pm On Jan 11, 2023
Fibonacci88:

Is comprehension ur problem. Go back and read my post. This time slowly.

Confused Obid'iot, go and read yourself. grin
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by juman(m): 6:03pm On Jan 11, 2023
Crisis in political party is normal.
But abnormal not to manage it well.

Atiku failed to handle the crisis well.
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by lordally(m): 6:27pm On Jan 11, 2023
Buddha3:
Lol.

I don't know how and where nairalanders lift the backyard gossips they make major headlines here. But reading through this thread today, I have come to believe what some people say that Tinubu's propaganda tools are in the habit of peddling half-truths and outright lies just to misinform the public.

I am a Cross Riverian who's very much involved and vested in the politics of my state, though I have somehow managed to remain apolitical since 2011, only casting my votes for individuals I deem decent and efficient enough to earn them.

I can confidently tell you this reportage holds absolutely no water. Kindly disregard it, dear Nairalanders!

Please I would like to know Peter Obi's chances in the presidential election in Cross River state. I would also try to know the LP governorship candidate's chances in the state?
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by Fibonacci88: 6:39pm On Jan 11, 2023
Mccullum:

Confused Obid'iot, go and read yourself. grin
Too much agbado have blocked ur brains. The kind of dumb urchins Tinubu recruited online is the reason why he is going to fail woefully.
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by muyico(m): 7:06pm On Jan 11, 2023
Peter obi brk PDP! Remembr he a devoted PDP B4??
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 11, 2023
lordally:

Please I would like to know Peter Obi's chances in the presidential election in Cross River state. I would also try to know the LP governorship candidate's chances in the state?

The blunt truth is, Cross River State is one of the "swing" states where this year's Presidential and Gubernatorial elections are concerned. I'll explain:

The Gubernatorial elections rest solely between Sandy Onor of the PDP and Prince Bassey Otu of the APC. The Labour Party candidate is an unknown variable whose chances are practically non-existent. Now, historically Cross River has always been a PDP state since the advent of our modern democracy, until Ben Ayade took the Governorship seat to APC. His performance in office has been 12 feet beneath woeful and the large chunk of the masses have not forgiven him for taking the state backwards in leaps. His decamping to APC didn't exactly do much to launder his already battered political image, but he has thousands of appointees who have been on the government payroll through his tenure. Those are loyalists you cannot play down. Then there is the issue of the APC governorship candidate, Prince Otu, who is very loved around Cross River for his personality. Also, it is pertinent to mention here, that there's always been a gentleman agreement on rotation of the power stool. Ayade is wrapping up the turn of the North and by virtue of that agreement, it should return to the South, where Prince Otu hails from. So, for APC, there's the power of incumbency (though from a failed governor), the presence of thousands of appointees spread across the 18 LGAs, a governorship candidate who is loved and is from the right region as regards zoning, and the option of money politics, which though plays a small part in Cross River politics but cannot be swept away completely. For PDP, there is the inherent love of the masses for the party which always plays a major role to swing votes in the party's favour, a governorship candidate who's from the Central and that defies the zoning arrangement, presence of major state stakeholders with the money politics capacity, the spread and the grassroot influence (And I have to mention that this is the one factor that can turn the election in their favour, if well harnessed). But sadly, the PDP has been too confident and are not doing enough grassroot mobilisation for this election, because they feel "Cross River is PDP", and this might cost them hugely. Summarily, neither I or anyone can confidently boast of gubernatorial victory this year. It can go both ways.

However, for the Presidential elections, the emergence of Peter Obi is a huge dent on the status quo. The 8years of Buhari's torrid reign so far inflicted pain down to the village farmers. And even though Labour Party has not come close to doing enough sensitization, the rural areas are well informed of his person and youths have taken it upon themselves to sell his candidacy. It is working. Way beyond what anyone would have expected. Cross River Facebook groups are all replete with Peter Obi, what he brings to the table, his party flag, the message of hope. Old market women even know that on the day of the Presidential elections, they're to put their thumbs next to the "family" logo. Yes, Tinubu will get votes, but the majority of the votes will be spread between Atiku and Obi. To be frank, if the PDP continues with their lackadaisical attitude towards voter sensitization simply because they still believe "Cross River is PDP", Obi will wipe the floor with Atiku, even if the margin might not be that large.

Reason I said Cross River is a swing state.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by Lampass(m): 7:25pm On Jan 11, 2023
Gossipninja:

Which one is Tinubu?

You guys are funny.

Oil dey your head, the William Ruto's shocker is coming their way
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by emilo2bad: 7:44pm On Jan 11, 2023
Gossipninja:

Buhari won which Isiala Mbano?

You must be a little boy for me to engage you.

Rochas was able to win Ideato north and south with massive rigging. He even recruited fake police officers to snatch ballot box.

Stop saying nonsénse on my mention
why are you people results to insult after be face with facts and figures. kid go and check again Buhari won five local governments in Imo state
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:47pm On Jan 11, 2023
senatordave1:
Tinubu or obi will win.atiku will take third
Until recently, Duke, Imoke and Bassey were the three musketeers running the affairs of the state under one big umbrella.
Here you go again with your infantile wishes dressed as analysis
Did you miss this part which shows that Duke is standing alone?
Or did you miss the part where it's said that most are with Atiku
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 8:00pm On Jan 11, 2023
senatordave1:
Tinubu or obi will win.atiku will take third
oga shut up... Your Tinubu will come out 4th. Even Buhari knows he won't win the election, the hand writing is on the wall already
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by rolams(m): 8:26pm On Jan 11, 2023
I pity the reps and senate candidates. Na all of them go fall with Atiku.
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by lereinter(m): 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2023
Atiku only needs 25% of cross river to be President.
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by senatordave1(m): 9:20pm On Jan 11, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Here you go again with your infantile wishes dressed as analysis
Did you miss this part which shows that Duke is standing alone?
Or did you miss the part where it's said that most are with Atiku

Which most? The sandy/wike camp dominates the party and are popular among the electorate.imoke camp has almost lost relevance

1 Like

Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by lordally(m): 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2023
Buddha3:

The blunt truth is, Cross River State is one of the "swing" states where this year's Presidential and Gubernatorial elections are concerned. I'll explain:

The Gubernatorial elections rest solely between Sandy Onor of the PDP and Prince Bassey Otu of the APC. The Labour Party candidate is an unknown variable whose chances are practically non-existent. Now, historically Cross River has always been a PDP state since the advent of our modern democracy, until Ben Ayade took the Governorship seat to APC. His performance in office has been 12 feet beneath woeful and the large chunk of the masses have not forgiven him for taking the state backwards in leaps. His decamping to APC didn't exactly do much to launder his already battered political image, but he has thousands of appointees who have been on the government payroll through his tenure. Those are loyalists you cannot play down. Then there is the issue of the APC governorship candidate, Prince Otu, who is very loved around Cross River for his personality. Also, it is pertinent to mention here, that there's always been a gentleman agreement on rotation of the power stool. Ayade is wrapping up the turn of the North and by virtue of that agreement, it should return to the South, where Prince Otu hails from. So, for APC, there's the power of incumbency (though from a failed governor), the presence of thousands of appointees spread across the 18 LGAs, a governorship candidate who is loved and is from the right region as regards zoning, and the option of money politics, which though plays a small part in Cross River politics but cannot be swept away completely. For PDP, there is the inherent love of the masses for the party which always plays a major role to swing votes in the party's favour, a governorship candidate who's from the Central and that defies the zoning arrangement, presence of major state stakeholders with the money politics capacity, the spread and the grassroot influence (And I have to mention that this is the one factor that can turn the election in their favour, if well harnessed). But sadly, the PDP has been too confident and are not doing enough grassroot mobilisation for this election, because they feel "Cross River is PDP", and this might cost them hugely. Summarily, neither I or anyone can confidently boast of gubernatorial victory this year. It can go both ways.

However, for the Presidential elections, the emergence of Peter Obi is a huge dent on the status quo. The 8years of Buhari's torrid reign so far inflicted pain down to the village farmers. And even though Labour Party has not come close to doing enough sensitization, the rural areas are well informed of his person and youths have taken it upon themselves to sell his candidacy. It is working. Way beyond what anyone would have expected. Cross River Facebook groups are all replete with Peter Obi, what he brings to the table, his party flag, the message of hope. Old market women even know that on the day of the Presidential elections, they're to put their thumbs next to the "family" logo. Yes, Tinubu will get votes, but the majority of the votes will be spread between Atiku and Obi. To be frank, if the PDP continues with their lackadaisical attitude towards voter sensitization simply because they still believe "Cross River is PDP", Obi will wipe the floor with Atiku, even if the margin might not be that large.

This is educative! Thanks so much for the enlightenment. I see Peter Obi sweeping the whole South South.

1 Like

Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by Eteka1(m): 10:49pm On Jan 11, 2023
Obi will win Cross River by a landslide. PDP will take governorship.
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by Eteka1(m): 10:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
Buddha3:

Atiku stands no chance against Obi in Cross River State. It will be a landslide. PDP takes governorship.
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by Ushiefrank(m): 12:40am On Jan 12, 2023
[quote author=Nicolo360 post=119933800]

APC don’t need Cross River State to win the national election, a broke state for that matter.
[/quote

You are nothing but an idiot
Re: Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State by donnie2016: 12:42am On Jan 12, 2023
Buddha3:

Thanks Boss for this very intelligent analysis of the cross river situation.Though I'm originally from Benue state,l have been studying and living here in Akpabuyo for some time now.Just this night,l and a neighbor has been analysing the elections as they will swing here and you just presented a perfect explanation of the situation, even though we couldn't get it this straight.l hail you for your brilliance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umahi Inspects Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Other Projects In Lagos / Protesters Stop Senators Adeyeye & Baba-Kaita From Entering National Assembly / Eunice Ebele Prays For David Lyon Of APC (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.