Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

JUMIA Call Out - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / JUMIA Call Out (1249 Views)

Eleje Chukwuma: Trial Of Slain Jumia Delivery Agent Stalled / EFCC Arrests Fake Jumia Agent In Benin / Omg!! [Deals.Jumia.ng] Na Scam Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUMIA Call Out by Botanics: 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2023
This is a call out to Jumia online portal.

I purchased a NEW 43 inch smart TV WEYON on Jumia platform on 26 November 2022 for #120200 naira. It was not listed as a global or "coming from the abroad" item. The TV was listed as having a 1year warranty

The TV was delivered 10 days later on 6 December 2022 to my residence in Abuja. On 3rd January 2023, the TV stopped working. Just would not turn on, all my other Electronic devices in the house work. It was connected to the stabiliser.

I have another TV at home that is older than this TV and still works.

I contacted Jumia via their webchat portal on the app and i was advised i will be contacted within 48 hours - i waited and this didnt happen.
I again contacted Jumia via the webchat on 9 Jan 2023 to follow up as it was almost 5 days since i raised the issue with them and their 48hours timeframe had elapsed with no word. I was told that i am not entitled to a repair, refund or replacement as the TV is a "global" item and that i should contact the Jumia aftersales in Ogun state on 091 27254923

I have tried contacting them and after 3 days, someone finally picked the call to say this is not Jumia aftersales. I have emailed JUmia to ask for the correct number and waiting

It is now almost 10 days since this issue was reported to Jumia, they have done nothing to remedy this issue - In this Buhari era, i am out of pocket by 120K plus, no functioning TV, poor Jumia sales experience, fraud on Jumia's part by taking zero ownership for the quality of the goods and sellers they allow to sell on their platform

The aftersales details given is a lie, doesnt work. Jumia were happy to accept my money and deliver to me in Abuja but somehow expect that i carry a TV to their aftersales office in Ogun state. This is the same Jumia that has multiple depots in abuja and cannot be bothered with customer service.

I am open to dialogue from them and a resolution of a full refund or a replacement of NEW TV of similar quality and size as i had this TV for only 3weeks before it went bad.

In the meantime, nigerians should be aware and more cautious when transacting on Jumia as it is very clear they do not regard their customers nor have integrity as a business.

I want this front page please- hopefully, Jumia will see this and reach out or perhaps, other unsuspecting Nigerians will see this and take caution

Mynd44 Lalasticlala

Re: JUMIA Call Out by Realmi: 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2023
There are somethings one does not buy online

Especially edibles and electronics

So sorry about that,, maybe u should take it to anybof their pick up station around u....they might give u more insight on the way forward....goodluck....

But no try am next time

The only things i buy on jumia is anything fashion related,, sneakers, bags, outfits,, etc

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Call Out by keepingmum: 6:15pm On Jan 11, 2023
Realmi:
There are somethings one does not buy online

Especially edibles and electronics

So sorry about that,, maybe u should take it to anybof their pick up station around u....they might give u more insight on the way forward....goodluck....

But no try am next time

The only things i buy on jumia is anything fashion related,, sneakers, bags, outfits,, etc

Then Jumia shouldn't advertise nor engage in the trade of electronics and edibles if they do not have the facilities to honor the law.
By law, it is Jumia's responsibility to honor the warranty claim and then recover their costs from thr trader directly. There are consumer protection laws that govern the nigerian business space and mentalities such as yours is the reason why bad customer service and dodgy biz practices grow within the 9ja space.
You cannot run an online business asking people to trust u eith their monies yet not honour what yoy have published on your site. I will watch this post keenly as i use Konga and Jumia often.
Re: JUMIA Call Out by Thomthom(m): 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2023
I stopped buying from Jumia when the button of Pay on Delivery authentically turned off...

2 Likes

Re: JUMIA Call Out by Chris2863(m): 6:50pm On Jan 11, 2023
You just wasted your hard earned money. How do you guys even patronize jumia when their products are 2x compared to the market value.

I Remembered ordering for a plain white shirt/ a wrist watch from them in 2019. What I got was totally different from what I saw online. I see no reason why I should be making use of jumia again when it will only cost me #200 to get to the market and come back.

Just keep disturbing them shaa, you might be lucky. If you are on Twitter, drop this your write up there too. Tag them and some other influencers; you will see them rushing to get your request sorted out

2 Likes

Re: JUMIA Call Out by nijalive: 6:58pm On Jan 11, 2023
U no see market enter? Na to go repair am ur self.
Maybe d on IC spoil

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Call Out by Angrygoat: 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
Ode. If the product has no return policy with 1 week warranty? Then 4get
Re: JUMIA Call Out by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:43pm On Jan 11, 2023
Botanics:

I purchased a NEW 43 inch smart TV WEYON on Jumia platform on 26 November 2022 for #120200 naira. It was not listed as a global or "coming from the abroad" item. The TV was listed as having a 1year warranty

The TV was delivered 10 days later on 6 December 2022 to my residence in Abuja. On 3rd January 2023, the TV stopped working. Just would not turn on, all my other Electronic devices in the house work. It was connected to the stabiliser.

I contacted Jumia via their webchat portal on the app and i was advised i will be contacted within 48 hours - i waited and this didnt happen.
I again contacted Jumia via the webchat on 9 Jan 2023 to follow up as it was almost 5 days since i raised the issue with them and their 48hours timeframe had elapsed with no word. I was told that i am not entitled to a repair, refund or replacement as the TV is a "global" item and that i should contact the Jumia aftersales in Ogun state on 091 27254923

I have tried contacting them and after 3 days, someone finally picked the call to say this is not Jumia aftersales. I have emailed JUmia to ask for the correct number and waiting

It is now almost 10 days since this issue was reported to Jumia, they have done nothing to remedy this issue - In this Buhari era, i am out of pocket by 120K plus, no functioning TV, poor Jumia sales experience, fraud on Jumia's part by taking zero ownership for the quality of the goods and sellers they allow to sell on their platform

The aftersales details given is a lie, doesnt work. Jumia were happy to accept my money and deliver to me in Abuja but somehow expect that i carry a TV to their aftersales office in Ogun state. This is the same Jumia that has multiple depots in abuja and cannot be bothered with customer service.

I am open to dialogue from them and a resolution of a full refund or a replacement of NEW TV of similar quality and size as i had this TV for only 3weeks before it went bad.

In the meantime, nigerians should be aware and more cautious when transacting on Jumia as it is very clear they do not regard their customers nor have integrity as a business.

I want this front page please- hopefully, Jumia will see this and reach out or perhaps, other unsuspecting Nigerians will see this and take caution

Mynd44 Lalasticlala

I suggest you contact them again, and plead with them to refer you to a Jumia service centre in Abuja.

What happens is that there is supposed to be a warranty card with a Jumia service centre on it. This means that every item covered by warranty also has a service centre assigned to it.

So, contact them again. I believe it is a policy that can be bent.

You have a right to have your TV fixed for free, since warranty covers it. And I don't think Jumia should make it difficult for you.

If after pleading with them to refer you to a service centre close to you, and they still show nonchalance, report them to FCCPC Nigeria via Twitter or DM the Chief Executive of FCCPC Nigeria (Mr Babatunde Irukera) on Facebook.
Re: JUMIA Call Out by blacksam01: 9:23pm On Jan 11, 2023
leme go and cancel my eleectric jug order fast fast!!

2 Likes

Re: JUMIA Call Out by Botanics: 10:29am On Jan 12, 2023
please where are the moderators to move to the front page for visibility ? Lalasticlala , front page please

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Call Out by Botanics: 10:30am On Jan 12, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

I suggest you contact them again, and plead with them to refer you to a Jumia service centre in Abuja.

What happens is that there is supposed to be a warranty card with a Jumia service centre on it. This means that every item covered by warranty also has a service centre assigned to it.

So, contact them again. I believe it is a policy that can be bent.

You have a right to have your TV fixed for free, since warranty covers it. And I don't think Jumia should make it difficult for you.

If after pleading with them to refer you to a service centre close to you, and they still show nonchalance, report them to FCCPC Nigeria via Twitter or DM the Chief Executive of FCCPC Nigeria (Mr Babatunde Irukera) on Facebook.

I should NOT have to beg Jumia to do the right thing. It is my legal right to request a replacement especially when they sold a faulty electronic, described as NEW with a 1 year warranty yet choose to not honour it. They are acting Illegal and i will continue to call them out until they do the right thing
Re: JUMIA Call Out by jimmyolasun: 11:26am On Jan 12, 2023
Botanics:

I should NOT have to beg Jumia to do the right thing. It is my legal right to request a replacement especially when they sold a faulty electronic, described as NEW with a 1 year warranty yet choose to not honour it. They are acting Illegal and i will continue to call them out until they do the right thing

i for help you lodge this complaint to the head office but i wont... i smell pride cheesy. oya beg us
Re: JUMIA Call Out by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:33am On Jan 12, 2023
Botanics:

I have already told you their policy.

Every item covered by warranty has a service centre assigned to it.

You can contact them to tell them to refer you to a service centre in Abuja.

If after all that, they don't help, the law allows you to sue them.

That was why I asked you to first try that step, after which, you can report them to FCCPC because suing them will cost you money and time.

Your priority should be to get value for your money. Calling Jumia out will not spoil their business. Many people have called them out in the past without doing any damage to them.
Re: JUMIA Call Out by keepingmum: 11:20am On Jan 15, 2023
Botanics:

Have you resolved your issue with Jumia? I am very keen on this case as a diasporian, i use Jumia often for my folks and once, about 4yrs ago had an issue with a microwave i purchased from them which they promptly resolved by arranging to pick up and repair and return - thats the reason i continued to use them. so if they have now changed, i will divert to Konga and others cos i dont have energy for drama and big english.
Re: JUMIA Call Out by Houseofglam7(f): 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2023
Very discouraging
Re: JUMIA Call Out by GeneralPula: 6:08pm On Jan 15, 2023
Buying TV online kwa..

That was the first mistake..
Re: JUMIA Call Out by Adaisback(f): 6:54pm On Jan 15, 2023
Dear Seun, pls sir, this should be on front page
Re: JUMIA Call Out by Abudat(m): 8:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
Botanics:

Mynd44 Lalasticlala
wetin carry u go buy TV online? To even think of it the TV is unknown brand wtf embarassed embarassed embarassed . Nigeria no be America
Re: JUMIA Call Out by Botanics: 10:43am On Jan 16, 2023
I am yet to be contacted by Jumia nor its representatives. I had even sent them an email asking for an update on their aftersales number as the number they provided is incorrect, but no response.

Its a shame that Jumia believes this will be swept under the rug.

Keepingmum - perhaps that was their previous policy but i can assure you, that based on my current experience, that policy to uphold repairs during the warranty period no longer works. So shop with Jumia at your own risk.

Please can i have this topic moved to the frontpage, 120k is alot of money to loose without justification

cc : Seun Lalasticlala MYnd44
Re: JUMIA Call Out by youngrichnigga: 8:16am On Jan 17, 2023
Go to Twitter and call out Jumia as you've been advised. It doesn't seem they'd answer you with your current channel of interaction with Jumia undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: JUMIA Call Out by Botanics: 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2023
Update

Alot has happened since my last post. As advised, i went to twitter but didnt get far with their handlers, then FB, same thing. So i went to IG and after some back and forth that lasted a week, they resolved to look into my complaint as even Jumia could not get through the mobile number they had provided for the Vendor.

10 days ago, Jumia picked up the TV and last night, they refunded me my money in full.

2 Likes

Re: JUMIA Call Out by ehemwhy(m): 6:27pm On Feb 17
Pls i have a similar issue , I purchased a Hisense TV from them ,the device suddenly developed some screen issues . I contacted them and they are referring me to their service station at Apapa .

I live in Egbeda Axis . How do they expect me to take it to Apapa?

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Woman, Adijat Shina, Follows Babalawo's Advise, Throws Child Into Well / Woman Stabs Her Husband To Death / Legalize Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.