Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) (24588 Views)

JAMB: Father Arrested For Impersonating Son During UTME / Army Arrests Man For Impersonating A Navy Commodore / Woman Arrested For Impersonating Aisha Buhari (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by Islie: 11:29am On Jan 12, 2023
Police arrest man for ‘impersonating female CP, defrauding Lagos resident of N250m’

The criminal investigation department of the Lagos police command has arrested one Oluwole Akande for allegedly impersonating Yetunde Longe, the police commissioner, railway command.

Confirming the development to NAN on Wednesday in Lagos, Longe said she got a call from Frank MBA, a former spokesperson of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), on the matter.

She said the wife of the 80-year-old victim called Mba to report an alleged plan by one “CP Longe” to demand millions of naira from her husband as condition to drop a petition.
CP Frank Mba replied the wife of the victim that he knows CP Yetunde Longe cannot make such mischievous demand. He promised to call her and verify and get back to the woman,” Longe said.

“CP Frank Mba called me to relate the matter and I confirmed that the information was totally wrong. I said there was no petition of such before me and I don’t even know the victim.

“It was at this time the state CID, Panti, was informed to trace the suspect and he was apprehended. He confessed to have impersonated me.”

The police commissioner added that the suspect, a 55-year-old man, will be charged to court soon.

Speaking with NAN, Akande, who claimed to live at Ojokoro area of Lagos, said Longe was the only person he had impersonated.

Akande said he decided to threaten the victim by claiming there was a petition concerning an illegal business, adding that the victim would not take him seriously until he impersonated a high-ranking police officer.

The suspect, however, said he got Longe’s name and rank through the media when she and her husband were decorated on the same day as commissioners of police.

Akande said he told the victim that if he was willing to pay N1.5 million, he would drop the case, which the victim promised to pay.

He also claimed that he was the only person involved in the crime.

“I just wanted to obtain the victim. I thought if I give the man stories, he will fall for them and just pay me and I will escape,” Akande said.

“I sent several messages to him. I used two SIM cards to carry out the crime.”

According to NAN, investigation into the case revealed that after the N1.5 million was paid, the suspect allegedly collected more money from the victim amounting to N250 million.

The victim also reportedly sold two of his houses and filling station to meet the demands of the suspect, before his wife contacted Mba.

This story is published in partnership with Report for the World, a global service program that supports local public interest journalism.

https://www.thecable.ng/police-arrest-man-for-impersonating-female-cp-defrauding-lagos-resident-of-n250m/amp

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by God1000(m): 11:41am On Jan 12, 2023
Dis country don tire me, wetin pesin no go hear.

I have studied nigerians extensively over the years and I can tell you guys today that something is fundamentally wrong with us, forget about the tribe, you people should stop making a fool of yourselves by insulting each other every now and then.

We all have our dark underbellies.

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:31pm On Jan 12, 2023
Thanks to APC for making Nigeria the poverty capital of the world & their murderous economic policies. Life is now survival of the fittest.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by ibechris(m): 2:01pm On Jan 12, 2023
250million or 250k.

I can't understand this.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by LILTJAY1: 2:24pm On Jan 12, 2023
250m?
agba awo grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by VawuIenceProMax: 2:29pm On Jan 12, 2023
I am more interested in how the resident got 250m.
If the resident defrauded Nigerians to get the 250m, I see nothing wrong with another Nigerian defrauding him. Please tell me how that resident got 250m

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by BossGerald: 2:29pm On Jan 12, 2023
Tinubu's Owomida urchins have destroyed lagos...tufiakwa.

May Affliction never arise the second time

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 2:29pm On Jan 12, 2023
OLUWOLE AKANDE...

I sight you! The shape of the head says it all. Na our people.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by tiswell(m): 2:30pm On Jan 12, 2023
OLUWOLE AKANDE

Afonja terrorist tongue

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by Higgies(m): 2:30pm On Jan 12, 2023
That’s serious
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by Triangles1(m): 2:30pm On Jan 12, 2023
Hush puppy.

Even google now identify his name without stress, just type hush........ Then wait for result.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by Esales(m): 2:30pm On Jan 12, 2023
Omo, spent 250m to bury case... True true, the victim has illegal businesses skeletons in his cupboard grin.
Meanwhile, to dey browse for interesting posts no dey Taya you? Save yourself the stress and time, Join my WhatsApp TV for hilarious content right on WhatsApp. Check my signature for the phone number.
I dey drop biz talks and advice for entrepreneurs once once so na full package grin

6 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by ecolime(m): 2:31pm On Jan 12, 2023
A 55 years old involved in scamming? shocked

Will definitely spend his last days in prison, shame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by Ogonimilitant(m): 2:31pm On Jan 12, 2023
Was it the man in the picture that defrauded someone 250m?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by Pells: 2:31pm On Jan 12, 2023
Free Bro undecided
Bro was just trying to get some bread angry sad embarassed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by Misterc(m): 2:32pm On Jan 12, 2023
250million naira abi it is 250Thousand naira... angry angry angry angry
Because this face posted here doesn't seem like one who has handled 1million naira before...

What do I know
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by ruggedtimi(m): 2:32pm On Jan 12, 2023
VawuIenceProMax:
If the resident defrauded Nigerians to get the 250m, I see nothing wrong with another Nigerian defrauding him. Please tell me how that resident got 250m
he sold is fuel station and cars

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by sofeo(m): 2:32pm On Jan 12, 2023
Alright!
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by JoeyNaza: 2:34pm On Jan 12, 2023
VawuIenceProMax:

Read ooh. He is clearly a wealthy man. He had to sell his fuel pump station and house to give the scammer.

He is just a 80 year old man trying to live out the rest of his life out of trouble, because the scammer accused him of a crime.

He seems like someone that loves to act alone without consulting others. Because if he was close to his children or involved others, he wouldn't make such mistake.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by BossGerald: 2:34pm On Jan 12, 2023
Tinubu haff finished lagos with his criminal minded yoruba Muslim miscreants...

Tueh embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by Opportuneke(m): 2:35pm On Jan 12, 2023
I will rather humble myself and do a legitimate menial job than to go into fraud.

To hell with all these fraudsters who are hell bent of robbing people of their hard earned fortune.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by naijapikin2(m): 2:35pm On Jan 12, 2023
Why is his name bolded

Nairaland ehn. Una no go stop this thing this 2023?

cry
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by NobleSeed(m): 2:35pm On Jan 12, 2023
250 million?
Just dey play wink
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by BabaCommander: 2:36pm On Jan 12, 2023
Ogonimilitant:
Was it the man in the picture that defrauded someone 250m?

Trust Nigerians to want use the opportunity to practice his own scam.
250,000 will turn to 250, 000,000

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by house10studios: 2:36pm On Jan 12, 2023
cool
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by kennyz247(m): 2:36pm On Jan 12, 2023
men are truly mad
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by gasparpisciotta: 2:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
This police story no add up o jare!

How much be the case wey dem petition wey person go pay N250m to settle police?

Nigerians are fond of making bogus claims to sensationalize their stories.

Na so one guy claim say the door of him Benz wey dem bash na 250k only to get to Ladipo realize say the door na 20k.

Na panel beater repair the door last last.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by Slimm01: 2:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
Criminals everywhere
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by Buhari4sale: 2:38pm On Jan 12, 2023
No sane tribe in Nigeria.

Igbos are liars

Yoruba are dubious

Hausas are evil

Fulani are just outcasts and terrorist

Most people on Nairaland are jobless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by house10studios: 2:38pm On Jan 12, 2023
VawuIenceProMax:
if u read d content n not d headline u wud have known how
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Female CP & Defrauding Resident Of N250M (Pix) by naijapikin2(m): 2:38pm On Jan 12, 2023
He must have skeletons in his cupboard.

A clean conscience fears no accusation.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wife Of FRCN Staff Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon Speaks / Man Stabs His Friend To Death Over iPhone In Adamawa / 30-Year-Old Man Who Raped 10-Year-Old Girl In Benin, Granted Bail. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.