Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland (399 Views)

Pst. Kumuyi - The Divine Purpose And Plan For The Godly Family / INVITATION FOR YOUR DAILY DOSE OF GOSPEL MESSAGES FROM PST KUMUYI / Lagos Independence Anniversary Service @ Dlbc Gbagada Lagos Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by makurdiliki: 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2023
[center] Open Letter to Pst. WF Kumuyi: The Decrepit State of the Nominal Deeper Life Bible Church, in Ireland.[/center]

Dear Pst. Kumuyi,

I’m writing to draw to your attention the decrepit state of the Nominal Deeper Life Bible Church in Ireland. Leading the Church are a present-day Ananias and Sapphira (Mr Olayide Popoola & Mrs Abiola Popoola), who usurped power during a power vacuum in 2008 or thereabouts. Since they took the reins, the number of congregants has dwindled, year-on-year, primarily for these three reasons: 1. They lack spiritual gifts; 2. They’re megalomaniacs who used their position to psychologically and emotionally abuse and manipulate the congregants (to compensate for their lack of power in their respective careers); and 3. Some member migrated to North America, the United Kingdom & Australia.

Personally, the Popoola’s have psychologically, emotionally, sexually and financially abused me on numerous occasions. When I reported this to the U.K. HQ Church, they initially turned a deaf ear to me. Only to hypocritically contact me to save face when they knew that the Headquarters Church was aware that they ignored my report. However, it took the Headquarters Church three months to get back to me. This delay is appalling considering the technological advancement of the 21st century. Gambling websites have queues that let you know when your query is close to being attended to, so why can’t the Church have one too? When your PA (Pst. Hassan) finally convened a three-person committee to look into my allegations, I was appalled by their level of incompetency. A liar called Paul Akowe chaired the committee. Without conducting an independent investigation into the allegations, they wanted to inform Mr Popoola about them thereby, giving him enough information to cover his tracks. When I pointed this out, their leader bragged that they were over 60 years of age and held multiple degrees between themselves, including a Ph.D. Yet, you may wonder why believers refuse to obey 1 Corinthians 6. Why shouldn’t members of the Church go to the competent unjust when the “saints” are incompetent? I suggest the Church sets up a committee that is well trained in psychology, investigation and interrogation to deal with such cases. Because there’s a growing consensus that covert abuse and manipulation is rife among Deeper Life leaders—I’ve also experienced it in Nigeria.

When I complained about Mr Popoola touching my private part to Mr Akowe, the impudent man asked me the following flippant question: “Did he touch it in public or in private?” Although I’ve been able to make some leaders in the church realise that the Popoola are duplicitous family, I’ve been unsuccessful at making them understand that we’ve got the keys to shut the gates of the Church against them.

When I called the Headquarter’s Church, Bro. Opadeji asked me the following question: “Did the G.S offend you?” Now, after giving it much thought, I’ve concluded that you have indeed offended me. As the proverb often attributed to Edmund Burke says, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”

Yours faithfully,

Pseudonym: Bro. Etiokwe Eriokwe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by dawnomike(m): 4:30pm On Jan 13, 2023
@makurdiliki are you the Brother Etiokwe
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Jan 13, 2023
makurdiliki:
■I’m writing to draw to your attention the decrepit state of the Nominal Deeper Life Bible Church in Ireland. Leading the Church are a present-day Ananias and Sapphira (Mr Olayide Popoola & Mrs Abiola Popoola), who usurped power during a power vacuum in 2008 or thereabouts. Since they took the reins, the number of congregants has dwindled, year-on-year, primarily for these three reasons: 1. They lack spiritual gifts; 2. They’re megalomaniacs who used their position to psychologically and emotionally abuse and manipulate the congregants (to compensate for their lack of power in their respective careers); and 3. Some member migrated to North America, the United Kingdom & Australia.

Personally, the Popoola’s have psychologically, emotionally, sexually and financially abused me on numerous occasions. When I reported this to the U.K. HQ Church, they initially turned a deaf ear to me. Only to hypocritically contact me to save face when they knew that the Headquarters Church was aware that they ignored my report. However, it took the Headquarters Church three months to get back to me. This delay is appalling considering the technological advancement of the 21st century. Gambling websites have queues that let you know when your query is close to being attended to, so why can’t the Church have one too? ....
1. You can take a Nigerian out of Nigeria but you can't take Nigeria out of many, is what this is telling us. undecided

2. You live in Ireland and claim all of this happened to you, yet no mention of you in fact reporting the problem to the authorities who will take care of the problem. Instead, you sit back waiting for the company/business whose employees did you wrong to come to you to what? Kneel before you? undecided
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by makurdiliki: 5:04pm On Jan 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You can take a Nigerian out of Nigeria but you can't take Nigeria out of many, is what this is telling us. undecided

2. You live in Ireland and claim all of this happened to you, yet no mention of you in fact reporting the problem to the authorities who will take care of the problem. Instead, you sit back waiting for the company/business whose employees did you wrong to come to you to what? Kneel before you? undecided

Mike, I get your perspective. But, the thing is, I've experienced a supernatural miracle in my life after Pst. Hassan prayed for me so I don't consider the Church a fraud. The Popoolas are just bad eggs.
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Jan 13, 2023
makurdiliki:
Mike, I get your perspective. But, the thing is, I've experienced a supernatural miracle in my life after Pst. Hassan prayed for me so I don't consider the Church a fraud. The Popoolas are just bad eggs.
By this logic of yours, are we also to conclude that a Babalawo is legit and of God because a client of his testifies to experiencing a supernatural miracle after being prayed for by one? undecided
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Rosemaiden(f): 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
By this logic of yours, are we also to conclude that a Babalawo is legit and of God because a client of his testifies to experiencing a supernatural miracle after being prayed for by one? undecided

May I first enquire if you've ever experienced a miracle in your life?
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2023
Rosemaiden:
May I first enquire if you've ever experienced a miracle in your life?
Of course, I have! And absolutely none of them resulted from someone's prayer for me. undecided
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Rosemaiden(f): 6:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Of course, I have! And absolutely none of them resulted from someone's prayer for me. undecided

Does that mean you never pray for people?

And can we attribute those miracles you've ever experienced to the God you worship?
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On Jan 13, 2023
Rosemaiden:
■Does that mean you never pray for people?
■And can we attribute those miracles you've ever experienced to the God you worship?
1. If by praying for people, you mean public prayers, the answer is no. I pray in secret and in hiding — not as the hypocrites do — just as Jesus Christ instructed that we pray instead - Matthew 6 vs 6 - 15. undecided

2. I experienced miracles even when I didn't really have a belief in God or an understanding of who He is. Recall that God said He pours out His mercy regularly on even to those who do not acknowledge Him, so it is faulty reasoning to assume only those who have God can experience miracles. So, one does not really need to first worship God before one can experience His miracles. undecided

Now that I know God, however, miracles are more of a regular occurrence in my life, and yes, I know He is the same one who made it happen even when I didn't believe in Him. undecided

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Rosemaiden(f): 6:37pm On Jan 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. If by praying for people, you mean public prayers, the answer is no. I pray in secret and in hiding — not as the hypocrites do — just as Jesus Christ instructed that we pray instead - Matthew 6 vs 6 - 15. undecided

2. I experienced miracles even when I didn't really have a belief in God or an understanding of who He is. Recall that God said He pours out His mercy regularly on even to those who do not acknowledge Him, so it is faulty reasoning to assume only those who have God can experience miracles. So, one does not really need to first worship God before one can experience His miracles. undecided

Now that I know God, however, miracles are more of a regular occurrence in my life, and yes, I know He is the same one who made it happen even when I didn't believe in Him. undecided

That's indisputable. God performs miracles to all but the closer you get to Him, the more of Him you'll see.

You've not answered the second question. Do you pray for people? Have you ever prayed for someone before? Has any of the recipients of your prayers ever received a miracle as a result?
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Kobojunkie: 6:46pm On Jan 13, 2023
Rosemaiden:
■That's indisputable. God performs miracles to all but the closer you get to Him, the more of Him you'll see.
■You've not answered the second question. Do you pray for people? Have you ever prayed for someone before? Has any of the recipients of your prayers ever received a miracle as a result?
1. OK. undecided

2. I said all that to underscore the fact that

■it isn't a person's prayer that causes miracles to happen. Miracles can and do happen despite prayer. So, it is wrong to assume that it is because someone prayed for you that a miracle happened to you.
■Also, God does not answer prayers that are said in disobedience to His very commandments. So, when your mogs and pastors, in violation of God's own decree, pray publically for you, God never answers those prayers — Jesus Christ made that much clear in His teachings. undecided
■ According to God, obedience is the key to getting prayers answered, receiving miracles, etc.

So, to answer your question, yes, I pray in secret and in hiding, and yes, God does answer prayers, and He also makes miracles happen. undecided

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by makurdiliki: 7:17pm On Jan 13, 2023
Kobojunkie & Rosemaiden, please share the post to increase the chances of it ending up on the front page on Sunday.
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Rosemaiden(f): 1:13am On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. OK. undecided

2. I said all that to underscore the fact that

■it isn't a person's prayer that causes miracles to happen. Miracles can and do happen despite prayer. So, it is wrong to assume that it is because someone prayed for you that a miracle happened to you.
■Also, God does not answer prayers that are said in disobedience to His very commandments. So, when your mogs and pastors, in violation of God's own decree, pray publically for you, God never answers those prayers — Jesus Christ made that much clear in His teachings. undecided
■ According to God, obedience is the key to getting prayers answered, receiving miracles, etc.

So, to answer your question, yes, I pray in secret and in hiding, and yes, God does answer prayers, and He also makes miracles happen. undecided

Do you mean that when you pray, you don't expect any miracle?
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Kobojunkie: 1:33am On Jan 14, 2023
Rosemaiden:
Do you mean that when you pray, you don't expect any miracle?
When I pray, I expect God to answer my prayers because He said He will if I obey Him. Answers come to my prayers not because I prayed but because I obeyed. undecided

Let's think about this! A man prays for approximately 1300 people, and only 10 of them experienced these so-called miracles. Do you conclude after listening to each of those 10 people that indeed the man's prayers wrought those miracles in their lives? Or do you instead look to consider the fact of the 1290 people who went away with nothing to realize that it was more likely not in fact the man's prayers but something else that caused those miracles to happen? That ratio there, 1 out of 129, a less than 1% success rate, implies that the miracles are likely a random occurrence and not a result of the prayers especially when you compare that to the standard that is Jesus Christ who we are told healed everyone who came to Him - 100% success rate.

A less than 1% success rate is no different from what unbelievers experience. As I already explained earlier, God causes miracles to happen even when you don't necessarily pray for them or have anyone pray for them on your behalf. I experienced it even while I was an unbeliever and many others have too. Random miracles, and now I know they came from God and were not caused by anyone's prayers. So, in my opinion, to claim you experience a miracle because you were prayed for is no different from what Babalawo clients say. undecided
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by AreaFada2: 2:04am On Jan 14, 2023
Oh boy, Kobo don jam. Na Spanish inquisition official you dey face? grin cheesy

I thought this was about an alleged abuse by another person.
Our people are worshiping MOGs instead of GOD is causing lots of issues, even lives.

Like those ignoring their vital medication because one MoG declared that they are healed. The same MoG that takes his own medication unfailingly.
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Kobojunkie: 2:07am On Jan 14, 2023
AreaFada2:
■Oh boy, Kobo don jam. Na Spanish inquisition official you dey face? grin cheesy
■I thought this was about an alleged abuse by another person. Our people's worshiping of MOGs instead of GOD is causing lots of issues, even lives. Like those ignoring their vital medication because one MoG declared that they are healed. The same MoG that takes his own medication unfailingly.
1. These are issues that need to be broached. Too many lie out there that people don't even know God from all of them. undecided

2. Abuse wey im no wan to report to authorities? undecided
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Rosemaiden(f): 3:35am On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
When I pray, I expect God to answer my prayers because He said He will if I obey Him. Answers come to my prayers not because I prayed but because I obeyed. undecided

Let's think about this! A man prays for approximately 1300 people, and only 10 of them experienced these so-called miracles. Do you conclude after listening to each of those 10 people that indeed the man's prayers wrought those miracles in their lives? Or do you instead look to consider the fact of the 1290 people who went away with nothing to realize that it was more likely not in fact the man's prayers but something else that caused those miracles to happen? That ratio there, 1 out of 129, a less than 1% success rate, implies that the miracles are likely a random occurrence and not a result of the prayers especially when you compare that to the standard that is Jesus Christ who we are told healed everyone who came to Him - 100% success rate.

A less than 1% success rate is no different from what unbelievers experience. As I already explained earlier, God causes miracles to happen even when you don't necessarily pray for them or have anyone pray for them on your behalf. I experienced it even while I was an unbeliever and many others have too. Random miracles, and now I know they came from God and were not caused by anyone's prayers. So, in my opinion, to claim you experience a miracle because you were prayed for is no different from what Babalawo clients say. undecided

So, you mean that God is not worth thanking if He answers the prayers you pray for some without answering the ones you prayed for others?

Did you not just say obedience is pivotal to answered prayers?

Jesus can heal all because He also has power to forgive all, and He can show mercy on all. A believer praying for someone simply acts in faith. Meanwhile, the person praying and the person receiving the prayers need faith, as well as other prerequisites that go into it.

A babalawo can perform miracles. Does the devil not possess lying signs and wonders? The magicians of Egypt also turned their staffs to snakes; does that then mean that Moses' miracles were worthless?
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Kobojunkie: 3:52am On Jan 14, 2023
Rosemaiden:
■So, you mean that God is not worth thanking if He answers the prayers you pray for some without answering the ones you prayed for others?
■ Did you not just say obedience is pivotal to answered prayers?
Jesus can heal all because He also has power to forgive all, and He can show mercy on all. A believer praying for someone simply acts in faith. Meanwhile, the person praying and the person receiving the prayers need faith, as well as other prerequisites that go into it.
■A babalawo can perform miracles. Does the devil not possess lying signs and wonders? The magicians of Egypt also turned their staffs to snakes; does that then mean that Moses' miracles were worthless?
1. Attributing God's miracles to prayers said by your pastors or mogs has absolutely nothing to do with thanking God. Instead, it amounts to idolatry! undecided

2. Indeed, obedience, and not prayer, is the key, and God never commanded you or anyone for that matter to attribute what are His works to the acts of ordinary men. If anything, God warned against such practices. undecided

3. So also could His followers since He sent them out with the same power and mercy contained in Him. Yes, the one who is the Holy Spirit is the very same Spirit of Truth who lives inside of Jesus Christ. Same with the Eternal life that is in all of His followers- John 14 vs 6. So, any one who is in fact a follower of Jesus Christ, commissioned by God, has no excuses to give. undecided

4. Yes, Satan also has power to wrought wonders and signs but as Jesus Christ also said, He gave to those who belong to Him more power than Satan has, so there is no reason why a one who truly obeys Him should not be able to do more than the devil can. As a matter of fact, those who belong to Jesus Christ are expected to do even more than Jesus Christ did --- good works, I mean..undecided
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Rosemaiden(f): 11:29pm On Jan 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Attributing God's miracles to prayers said by your pastors or mogs has absolutely nothing to do with thanking God. Instead, it amounts to idolatry! undecided

2. Indeed, obedience, and not prayer, is the key, and God never commanded you or anyone for that matter to attribute what are His works to the acts of ordinary men. If anything, God warned against such practices. undecided

3. So also could His followers since He sent them out with the same power and mercy contained in Him. Yes, the one who is the Holy Spirit is the very same Spirit of Truth who lives inside of Jesus Christ. Same with the Eternal life that is in all of His followers- John 14 vs 6. So, any one who is in fact a follower of Jesus Christ, commissioned by God, has no excuses to give. undecided

4. Yes, Satan also has power to wrought wonders and signs but as Jesus Christ also said, He gave to those who belong to Him more power than Satan has, so there is no reason why a one who truly obeys Him should not be able to do more than the devil can. As a matter of fact, those who belong to Jesus Christ are expected to do even more than Jesus Christ did --- good works, I mean..undecided

Why the deviation?

Did I ever attribute any miracle to any prayer said by anyone? If you cannot answer the question truthfully, why not just keep quiet?
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Kobojunkie: 11:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
Rosemaiden:
■Why the deviation?
■Did I ever attribute any miracle to any prayer said by anyone? If you cannot answer the question truthfully, why not just keep quiet?
1. deviation? undecided

2. I thought, like the OP, you also believed that miracles resulted from being prayed for by mogs and pastors, this since your initial question seemed to indicate that. undecided
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Rosemaiden(f): 11:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. deviation? undecided

2. I thought, like the OP, you also believed that miracles resulted from being prayed for by mogs and pastors, this since your initial question seemed to indicate that. undecided

Stay within the lines of our discourse. Don't answer questions you were never asked. And, don't write Epistles on the basis of your assumptions.
Re: Open Letter To Pst. Kumuyi: The Decrepit State Of The Nominal DLBC In Ireland by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On Jan 15, 2023
Rosemaiden:
Stay within the lines of our discourse. Don't answer questions you were never asked. And, don't write Epistles on the basis of your assumptions.
huh? undecided

(1) (Reply)

A Prostitute earns Heaven Before Sodomite And Pedophile Priests, Imans & Pastors / Don't Let The Python Swallow You (How to Overcome the Python Spirit) / *we Want To Build A Youth Church, Join The Train.*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.